Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (139303 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by bitterpill: 8:52am On Feb 02, 2020
samtol4:
do you alternative jobs for the okada drivers ? Pray idle minds don't engage in crime for survival

What were they doing before they started driving keke and okada?

More buses on the roads also means more jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:52am On Feb 02, 2020
Omolaiya:

Does that mean we should allow the hausa, Nigerien, Malian and Chadi an to take over Lagos road with their reckless driving?...... I just laugh at you guys criticizing the Governor... Ganduje ban Okada rider in kano, heaven did not lose but when Lagos State did it, you start complaining...i bet you to go to each street in Lagos, you will see that it has been taken over by foreigners

Then create appropriate laws and regulations on available and necessary transportation. Don’t create chaos for lagosians in the name of decency. That is stupidity.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 02, 2020
More Pictures Abeg
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by klax(m): 8:53am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Does Okada ride in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin or New York?

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

Thank for your ascertion. The truth is as they are banned crime rate wont soar as you said infact their present increased crime. Moreso majority of okada riders are not even Nigerians and the most anniying thing is they are not registered immigrants and these guys are ready to kill at slight.

Truly I sincerely felt the pain of Nigerians riding the okada and keke as their means of livelihood those are the ones I'm really worry about because they are our citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:53am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
what happened to regulating them? Almajiris have as much right to live in Lagos as you do. By the way I'm not from the north, but the truth has to be said.

The regulation is that you cannot operate in marked out areas.

Are you ignoring that?

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:53am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

No, that is not government's duty.

The government would determine the kind of business you can fo in a certain area if you meet set criteria.

The removal of Okada riders from our metropolitan roads are well received and applauded by most Lagosians.

I don't know your tribal origin but it would do well to open your homestead to as many Okada riders you can, as a show of support for their rights.
I stay in Lagos and I don support this. In sure there are over a million bike in Lagos.

This move has affected a million families, killed a whole industry, from the bike mechanic to the spare parts suppliers. In all I'm sure over 2 million people have been affected by this move and renderred jobless. That's almost the population of Gambia.

My guy this is wrong

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Judemarco31(m): 8:53am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

Where did you got the information that okada was banned in Nnewi? They never born the Governor that will do that yet
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 8:54am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

cc

someone has just been deprived of his source of livelihood without the provision of any succour in place. E dey sweet you to type all the above because you have never experienced a life without an helper.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by princemillla(m): 8:54am On Feb 02, 2020
bkool7:

Haha!

How many routes does it cover?

A cosmopolitan city like Lagos should have 3 means of transport. Road, rail and water. But we only have one. And the govt is reducing the capacity of the only one with no alternatives

Google the Lagos state ferry. There are ferries running commercial transport and the result are tremendous.

That of rail, I don't know much bout the arrangement with FG.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2020
udemzyudex:

After posting nonsense from the ill mind, they will end up calling it their opinion.

Sick opinion.
I'm not the government. you can make ur way to Alausa tomorrow, .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:55am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

The regulation is that you cannot operate in marked out areas.

Are you ignoring that?
no

A responsible government will give them a lane to operate in. Give then a standard of bike to use, have a proper identification system for all of them. Etc

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by princemillla(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Kennitrust:
someone has just been deprived of his source of livelihood without the provision of any succour in place. E dey sweet you to type all the above because you have never experienced a life without an helper.

Don't be too emotional bros, you've either lost/admitted someone In the hospital due to reckless driving of this okada people. Our safety should come befor anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

And I still ask if they never gained any skill over the years?

what skill have you gained? Don't stay in your high horse and think it is easy to be in thier shoes.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Goovo(m): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2020
mfm04622:

Buses were plying those routes before Keke took over. There are even smaller buses that can ply those routes. Nature abhours vacuum. don't worry, investors will take over and do the needful
This is the most sensible comment I have read so far..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Tjah: 8:56am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
no they have the right to live everywere they please. And it's the government duty to ensure they do their business and live peacefully. Old man
Wen u have d rite to live everywhere,u should also hav d resources to live and cope wit d conditions everywhere.so help urself and let d government do d good job dey hav started. Or better still-f#ck-off to ur Villa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
I stay in Lagos and I don support this. In sure there are over a million bike in Lagos.

This move has affected a million families, killed a whole industry, from the bike mechanic to the spare parts suppliers. In all I'm sure over 2 million people have been affected by this move and renderred jobless. That's almost the population of Gambia.

My guy this is wrong

You live in Lagos but ordinary Nairaland likes and shares show it is a popular decision.

What million families were banking on using okadas for livelihood forever?

I'm sure if rail systems worked we would still be crying over potentially 2 million people whose jobs would be at stake if it is so efficient.

Abeg, I've once lived in Lagis without anything like Okada playing our roads and we did not die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Basher8583: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

cc

Hey God.... AngryIboman... This your post sweet pass Sunday sermon oh. I don dey follow you.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2020
Omolaiya:

Does that mean we should allow the hausa, Nigerien, Malian and Chadi an to take over Lagos road with their reckless driving?...... I just laugh at you guys criticizing the Governor... Ganduje ban Okada rider in kano, heaven did not lose but when Lagos State did it, you start complaining...i bet you to go to each street in Lagos, you will see that it has been taken over by foreigners
we are gradually loosing humanity in this country and it's sad
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nwaonyishi69: 8:58am On Feb 02, 2020
BlackfireX:
Still Lagos is a glorified slum.

QED
Why won't it be a slum when two persons (Tinubu and Fasholiar) have pocketed more than 50% of all the monies (borrowed, federal allocation or internally generated) in the last twenty years. Yet, they have praise singers and billionaire touts working to ensure they keep Lagos as their farm in perpetuity. How then do you expect a person's farm to be a working city?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 8:59am On Feb 02, 2020
Neddstark:

The advisors are inconsiderate bunch who all have their own vehicles and cannot relate to what the masses are going through. Opay bikes were making millions everyday because there is a traffic problem in Lagos. If the same business idea goes to the UK, it would be a massive failure.

Abi o. We are the real Lagosian who get burnt at all levels because of this new policy. Apparently, they didn't do any feasibility study!

1. No means of transportation for us.

2. The high crime rates will also in our backyards because the same people who decided to create sudden thousands of unemployment are fortified by the few real police we have. Who will one chance rub? Whose house are petty armrobbers coming to? Whose bags/phones get snatched on the roads? Well, I hope this impending menace get shared round!

It is well...we will soon all leave them to manage their country. Once God blesses me enough to escape this helllhole, I ain't coming back fa...my Children will not be unfortunate to live naija!
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 8:59am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

You live in Lagos but ordinary Nairaland likes and shares show it is a popular decision.

I'm sure if rail systems worked we would still be crying over potentially 2 million people whose jobs would be at stake if it is so efficient.

Abeg, I've once lived in Lagis without anything like Okada playing our roads and we did not die.
was the economy this bad then?

You people should be careful. If the poor have nothing left to eat, they will turn and start eating you soon. Nigeria has never been this bad since history. And this is making it worse

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Basher8583: 9:00am On Feb 02, 2020
bkool7:

India did not banned them but made a concerted effort to regulate them.
Bad road is the major causes of accident in Nigeria, followed by reckless driving.
The policy ought to have been done gradually over time and in phases.
While you're gradually banning them, you create alternatives like buses, ferries and metro lines that the govt will employ them into. And these will also serve as alternative means of transportation for the masses.
This is a hastily thought out order that didn't take the pain the people will go through into consideration.
And governance is about alleviating the suffering of the people not adding. What Nigerian politicians are good at is always adding to our pain with their hastily thought out policies

It's like you are not aware of the transport alternatives available or you are just used to quick and dangerous transportation.
Brother if what is on ground no sweet you bele then leave Lagos. No man's destiny is tied to Lagos now.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:01am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Oh...you dont live here...that explains it!

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by ruffyjolly(m): 9:01am On Feb 02, 2020
what we don't understand is that the rate of accident is at alarming rate in Lagos. secondly terrorist from some African countries are invading Lagos under the pretence of riding keke and okada. They will start their maiming and killing in future hiding under one religious verse. Let us be mindful so that they don't start killing in Lagos like some other States.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 9:01am On Feb 02, 2020
Ttipsy:
I'm not the government. you can make ur way to Alausa tomorrow, .

Oga shift go one side abeg.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by walexyll(m): 9:01am On Feb 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I applaud and respect governor of Lagos state for this astute move.

Hopefully our audio governor in Oyo state will do the same for Ibadan.

I wish for a citywide ban on okada and keke.
Don't expect anything like that from Seyi Makinde, at least in this first term. He has a "populist" ideology. He does not want to be seen as anti- masses even when the masses are wrong. The rate of lawlessness in driving in Ibadan is crazy... especially on akala road, drivers facing one way and still claiming right! U-turns made by crossing culverts at will....it is crazy mehn... Maybe some things will change if he is elected for a second term sha

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 9:01am On Feb 02, 2020
LadySwitz:

Eshé. Dirty Lagos.

AngryIgboMan stay there and be writing epistle ontop another man's state must y'all live and hustle in Lagos? Come back to the east and set up your businesses. Come home and pay tax so that eastern governor of your state can use it to develop like Lagos.
...you believe the Poster is indeed Igbo
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by emerged01(m): 9:02am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
what happened to regulating them? Almajiris have as much right to live in Lagos as you do. By the way I'm not from the north, but the truth has to be said.

Yea,Almajiris have right to live but not the way I have seen them parking their Keke at night in the front of shopping malls like park n shop in hundred and sleeping inside them. They are threat to security.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:02am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
what skill have you gained? Don't stay in your high horse and think it is easy to be in thier shoes.

Don't ask me silly questions.

There is a reason why I would never be an Okada rider.

As I've once said on this forum, I knew a farmer from Cross River state many years ago, who I met riding Okada in Lagos barely a few months after I had left the projects we were handling there.

When I accosted him about it, he said he wanted to taste city life.

I asked about his farm and he said he would return to it should things not favour him in Lagos.

Years later, I heard he broke his leg from his Okada riding. The severity of it, I dont know.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by pawesome(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2020
anybody supporting the move get car that's why
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2020
sisisioge:

Oh...you dont live here...that explains it!

Simple English is difficult for you to understand.

Okada did not make it's way into Lagos state before 1990.

Ask anyone old enough to remember Lagos state before their influx.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan / Life In The Usa As A Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.