Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (139301 Views)

List Of States Where Okada And Keke Are Banned Or Restricted / Okada And Keke Ban In Lagos: How Is It In Your Area? / Man Killed By Okada In Anambra Few Days To Okada Ban - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by cue64: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
thee are more bike in Vietnam than the entre bike in Lagos. Yet they are more advanced.
bikes are not the stumbling block to advancement. or development

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by dgbemi: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2020
you only enjoy Lagos now if you have a car otherwise ready to trek and prepare for increase in transport fare

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
was the economy this bad then?

You people should be careful. If the poor have nothing left to eat, they will turn and start eating you soon. Nigeria has never been this bad since history. And this is making it worse

When was the economy ever good, please tell us?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by semyman: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Does Okada ride in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin or New York?

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

There is location related
Their is people related
WAEC should try more
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Onlineclothing(m): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
Anything male clothing pay on delivery dm
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
no

A responsible government will give them a lane to operate in. Give then a standard of bike to use, have a proper identification system for all of them. Etc

A lane to operate on roads that were built for cars and buses to travel because of Okada riders?

I've asked you what happens when in future the rail lines work?

Would we begin to sabotage the railway because the poor Okada man can no longer function?
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by adekennis(m): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
samtol4:
do you alternative jobs for the okada drivers ? Pray idle minds don't engage in crime for survival

Police is available to deal with them ruthlessly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
alezzy13:
So how do you go from ikeja to say Allen? Or Opebi?

Uber??
Trek.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 9:08am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Don't ask me silly questions.

There is a reason why I would never be an Okada rider.

As I've once said on this forum, I knew a farmer from Cross River state many years ago, who I met riding Okada in Lagos barely a few months after I had left the projects we were handling there.

When I accosted him about it, he said he wanted to taste city life.

I asked about his farm and he said he would return to it should things not favour him in Lagos.

Years later, I heard he broke his leg from his Okada riding. The severity of it, I dont know.
in this country every one should be free to do what ever they want to do to. This okada business is helping to put food on tables, kids to school and young ones can support their parents. Not everyone should or can farm.

I was in Hanoi Vietnam few months ago, they have more bikes there than the entre bikes ban in Lagos and onicha combined. But they are more advanced than Nigeria.

My brother okada is not your problem in this country. The problem is governance.

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Hferryman(m): 9:08am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
There are 91 million extremely poor people today in Nigeria. That's almost the population of West Africa, twice the population of South Africa and that's because of misgovernance. Instead of regulating them you come out and ban them and see if they won't survive . Does that make sense?

All they are guilty of is trying to survive in this same government induced poverty. no one will go and drive bike or Keke of they have a job .

My friend , it's 2020 you won. You're right.

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Goztino(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra.
Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

Please stop saying what you don't know.
Okada was never banned at Nnewi

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TheMan3: 9:09am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

A lane to operate on roads that were built for cars and buses to travel because of Okada riders?

I've asked you what happens when in future the rail lines work?

Would we begin to sabotage the railway because the poor Okada man can no longer function?
when that works then you can ban okada. Not ban okada in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Edwin046(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
These keke people were a total and complete Nuisance. They constituted a whole lot of mess in Lagos.

Even, is Okada in Onitsha? Why would Okada be allowed in Ikeja the seat of government?

For those saying crime rate will increase, thats unless Lagos state government is clueless and stuppid. Sanwo Olu is smart though as far as I know and a very hardworking governor. You can deny this if you want... But the heavy volume of work going on Lagos roads speaks for itself.

Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?

What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore.

They virtually took over Lagos with there stuppid, crazy and mannerless style of driving. They felt like Lords of the city and if you try to caution them, they will bow there heads in foolishness to thank you. But in there hearts, they were calling you Mumu after scratching your car.

What is Keke doing in Victoria Island? Who even brought this useless contraption to Nigeria? India that manufactures these nonsense made moves to regulate them.

Google Indian roads and see how organized keke driving is. But in Lagos, its madness! They will keep on creating multiple lanes that cause traffic, scratching peoples car with no mercy, hitting pedestrians with reckless abandon while using there Okada and useless keke to rob at night!

I ask again, is Lagos no longer a city? Why is there no Okada in Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, Berlin, Stuttgart, Dubai, Osaka, Chicago or New York?

Sanwo Olu if you are reading this, its not much about making these laws. Its about enacting and enforcing these laws! Enforce the ban and see sanity return to Lagos!

cc

there was never a time okada was banned in nnewi get ur fact straight mpama... And by addressing my governor as a drunkard made ur more stupid

3 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 9:11am On Feb 02, 2020
udemzyudex:

Oga shift go one side abeg.
ehyae... take heart. it's well brother
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 02, 2020
AngryIgboMan:

cc

Yes bro Okada they china. Only difference is them no they organize
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TRAVEL101(m): 9:11am On Feb 02, 2020
GANAYAD:
I hope the crime rate in Lagos doesn't increase now

How?...
Explain why and how it will increase

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Tunex252(m): 9:11am On Feb 02, 2020
I think the ban hasn't reached ikorodun yet and I pray it doesn't cos the trekking go dea too much under the hot sun and in dusty area whereby once u step out your shoes is already dusty...
Although those bikes man create nuisance but they made transport easy in ikorodun especially at imota... If dea should ban okada riders in this area ehn my brother it's gonna be like trekking around Sahara desert �
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:12am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
in this country every one should be free to do what ever they want to do to. This okada business is helping to put food on tables, kids to school and young ones can support their parents. Not everyone should or can farm.

I was in Hanoi Vietnam few months ago, they have more bikes there than the entre bikes ban in Lagos and onicha combined. But they are more advanced than Nigeria.

My brother okada is not your problem in this country. The problem is governance.

If Hanoi is your vision of Lagos, that's fine but it isn't the vision of most Lagosians.

I as well have been to many other countries with nary an Okada in sight.

Governance isn't the problem of Nigeria but the primitive natue of Nigerians including those in power.

4 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:12am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Simple English is difficult for you to understand.

Okada did not make it's way into Lagos state before 1990.

Ask anyone old enough to remember Lagos state before their influx.

Dude, this is 2020...some 30yrs later! Things have changed, Lagos roads have become worst, transportation situation is dire...do not stand faraway and support what you are not experiencing. We are here dude, we know how it's going without having to speak queens English. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 02, 2020
Tunex252:
I think the ban hasn't reached ikorodun yet and I pray it doesn't cos the trekking go dea too much under the hot sun and in dusty area whereby once u step out your shoes is already dusty...
Although those bikes man create nuisance but they made transport easy in ikorodun especially at imota... If dea should ban okada riders in this area ehn my brother it's gonna be like trekking around Sahara desert �
Trek and get healthy...loose the belly fat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by TRAVEL101(m): 9:13am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:

Nice point...
Governance

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:
when that works then you can ban okada. Not ban okada in anticipation.

I see you don't talk about the poor Okada rider any more.

I guess he was never really your first priority.
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Kinematics: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

I may be wrong but I don't think I saw any tribal sentiments in his post

Guess you skipped this from that comment or are south westerners not Nigerians as well?

"Obiano the drunkard banned Okada in Anambra. Did heavens fall? Rochas even went to the extent of banning keke in the entire state. Did crime rate increase? Was okada not banned in Nnewi even with the rate of billionaire Okada importers from that axis? Did anybody die?"

"What most of you don't know is that Nigeriens, Chadians, Sudanese, Malians and Somalians took over South West without anybody knowing! It was gradual, crude and definite.... But they were almost succeeding before I believe Sanwo Olu stepped in. At a time, I was asking myself if there is no regulatory body managing these people in Lagos anymore."

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2020
walexyll:

Don't expect anything like that from Seyi Makinde, at least in this first term. He has a "populist" ideology. He does not want to be seen as anti- masses even when the masses are wrong. The rate of lawlessness in driving in Ibadan is crazy... especially on akala road, drivers facing one way and still claiming right! U-turns made by crossing culverts at will....it is crazy mehn... Maybe some things will change if he is elected for a second term sha

The scary ones for me are the Mack trucks going one way or crossing culverts on that road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:13am On Feb 02, 2020
princemillla:

Create job for who? Who are the Okada riders ?

Do you even know almost all on them have handwork?
Let’s not import unnecessary emotions into this matter

LASG can never create jobs alternative job for Okada riders that comes from all manners of unknown location.
when people speak from the comfort of their situations I just laugh....

There was a time the only thing my father used to raise money for the family was by riding Okada. He was not 'an unknown' as you so generously put it. He was and still is a Master degree holder. The Nigerian narrative makes even the most obvious situation redundant....

Today when Trump speaks about his accomplishments he talks about how many jobs he has been able to create for Americans. How low the rate the rate of unemployment is....I ask you again, what business does a Master degree holder have with riding Okada?...do you know how many kids went to bed hungry because of the ban on Okada?....it is only when you have this experience that you'll be in a better position to understand.....stop looking at things from a selfish perspective....try to be considerate.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Revolva(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2020
No wonder ikeja was very free yesterday see as road free
Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:14am On Feb 02, 2020
Tunex252:

My brother, na so o. Trekking g under the hot sun! The diaspora escapees are hailing him, the private cars are hailing him...we the trekkers know how dey go dey go. If only these people can walk a mile in our shoes!

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

If Hanoi is your vision of Lagos, that's fine but it isn't the vision of most Lagosians.

I as well have been to many other countries with nary an Okada in sight.

Governance isn't the problem of Nigeria but the primitive natue of Nigerians including those in power.

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by sisisioge: 9:16am On Feb 02, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
when people speak from the comfort of their situations I just laugh....

There was a time the only thing my father used to raise money for the family was by riding Okada. He was not 'an unknown' as you so generously put it. He was and still is a Master degree holder. The Nigerian narrative makes even the most obvious situation redundant....

Today when Trump speaks about his accomplishments he talks about how many jobs he has been able to create for Americans. How low the rate the rate of unemployment is....I ask you again, what business does a Master degree holder have with riding Okada?...do you know how many kids went to bed hungry because of the ban on Okada?....it is only when you have this experience that you'll be in a better position to understand.....stop looking at things from a selfish perspective....try to be considerate.

Thank you...its easy for those directly unaffected to clap. Soon though, we will all get impacted one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by voltron14: 9:16am On Feb 02, 2020
sisisioge:

Dude, this is 2020...some 30yrs later! Things have changed, Lagos roads have become worst, transportation situation is dire...do not stand faraway and support what you are not experiencing. We are here dude, we know how it's going without having to speak queens English. Thanks!

Lagos roads have not become worse.

In fact, lagos roads are under tremendous pressure from people trooping in perhaps after having seen what Lagos was and continues to be.

How many Lagos born citizens have you met riding Okada for a living?

They are mostly outsiders who jump on the " I must make it in Lagos" bandwagon.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by aspiring44: 9:16am On Feb 02, 2020
Sparkle777:
As much as I feel bad for those whose source of incomes and livelihood were abruptly stopped. Let safety be our watchword, a clear number of them are not even Nigerians. These ppl are dangerous, some are even boko haram spies sent to monitor and learn the city. If u ever applauded Amotekun,then this should be supported. It's such a horrible thing that the Fed Govt ignores massive pleas about our lack of safety. My only prayers is for a better alternative to come fast and soon.
You are quite right, but the issue what are the palliative measures put in place to help those that cannot afford Uber or taxify to take them the interior part of any place they are going.
Moreover, if there are enough jobs they wouldn't venture into riding okada as a means of survival.

They are basically on survival instincts. Well,the ban could give them room to think out of the box .
While some we continue to wail others could employ SWOT analysis to survive. Mr Joe Igbokwe said there are windows of opportunity open to them like LSTETF and others .

Let's hope they are sincere about it .

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 02, 2020
TheMan3:

You're free to continue riding your okada at Ikeja..... Be ready for the consequences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan / Life In The Usa As A Student.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.