Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. (12289 Views)

My Adventure Into Rice Farming (Photos and videos) / Rice Farming Be A Millionaire In 4month / How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Utifam: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kachifo3:
you can't lease a hectare of land 25k in any farming communities in Anambra State..

Why, is the price for leasing too low or high?.
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by sellers4buyers(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
@ikelords, what was your total yield after harvest and quantity gotten after processing? I will need the answer please. I have some figures written down already, am doubting it.

My figures says I get 3 tonnes per hectare and if I process with 70% recovery rate. I want to know if this figure is true or not. If na true, na sure blood money be this now....
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Theophinio(m): 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2021
BennyDGreat:

Theres a lot I have learnt from this. Thank you sir

Me too, boss

I learnt a lot from this write up concerning marketing
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by shantti(m): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2021
ChidiForChrist:
I also farm and supply rice from the South East.
I just finished harvesting my first round and hope to plant and harvest a second round before rain stops.
Rice farming is wonderful.
It's not always a gain gain as the current price is not homely.

Nonetheless it's great to feed the Nation!

Which state do you farm in OP?
Do you intend processing or selling off immediately after harvest?

God will bless u for ur effort. I too Intend to go into farming without much consideration for the profit but to enhance food security and battle inflation In this country
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by shantti(m): 12:37am On Dec 30, 2021
ikelords:
Incase you wondering why I haven't been updating the thread I have been harvesting my rice. I have already sent this to the mill, parboiling will commence today.

Imagine if 3000 youths from the south east engage in agriculture just like u, imagine how affordable food will be. Am thinking towards agricultural sector, I will source for the capital
Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by Theophinio(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2022
Atlanticfire:

My friend I will be frank with you. Moving from services business to a primary production business is moving 2 steps backwards.

It will be better for you to retrace your steps now.

In services you have lesser risks, more control, better cash turnover per year and better assess to financial support.

There are primary, secondary and tertiary sectors of the economy, farming is primary, conversion of raw materials to finished products is secondary while trading and other services are tertiary, the risks are more and the rewards less with primary sector of the economy. The rewards are highest and very less risk in tertiary sector of the economy than the other two sectors.

There is now the quarternary sector of the economy that covers such things as provision of data services and platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, ebay, Amazon, Nairaland with even higher rewards and less risks.

From your write up it is obvious that you are being moved by passion for farming and not by hard economics calculations of profit and loss and rate of returns and other economic calculations.

Continue if you just want to fulfill your passion, go back to your trading if you want to have higher returns on your investment.

Very wise analysis sir

Please sir how do you see the secondary aspect of rice production where by I source for paddy rice � from farmers and process and brand with my rice processing machine and supply to the market

Is the profit margin very Ok

1 Like

Re: My Sorjorn Into Rice Farming In 2020. by ikelords(m): 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Lonestar124:
Good morning, plus I want to know, do you lease or buy one hectare of land for 25k?
it was leased .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Plots Of Land Make An Acre? / My Thoughts For 2016 / How To Cultivate Okro In Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.