Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

God Is Faithful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Faithful (163 Views)

God Is Faithful / God Is Faithful To His Words / God Is Faithful.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is Faithful by judedwriter(m): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2020
“Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;”
— Deuteronomy 7:9

One of God's most notable attributes is faithfulness. He is a faithful God.

God is faithful to His covenant, that is His Word and His promises to us. Every word that leaves God's mouth He will keep unfailing:

“My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.”
— Psalms 89:34

God's faithfulness to His Word is so great, it reaches the clouds!

“Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.”
— Psalms 36:5

This is where we really need to fear and reverence God: He will keep every word in His covenant to us. It really doesn't matter how long it may take; once God has spoken it, it will be manifested.

“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”
— Numbers 23:19

Moses knew deeply about God's faithfulness; this was why when God was very angry to have destroyed all His people and make a new race with Moses, Moses interceded:

Exodus 32
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

¹⁰ Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

¹¹ And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

¹² Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

¹³ Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

¹⁴ And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Again, the children of Israel were in cruel bondage in the land of Egypt for such a very long time. However, it was only when God remembered His covenant with them, that He sent deliverance:

Exodus 2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
²⁵ And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God had respect unto them.

God had respect for them because of His faithfulness to His covenant! It is so amazing to think that God as powerful and glorious as He is, stoops so low to faithfully honour His word to us.

We have to remind God often like Moses did of His covenant with us. Why? God is faithful, He will keep His covenant because He can't lie.

How often do we stand on God's promises to us, praying them to Him? Standing on God's covenant can provoke a mighty deliverance like it happened to the Hebrews in the land of Egypt.

“Take with you words, and turn to the LORD... ”
— Hosea 14:2

Which words should we take to God? His Words, His covenant with us.

Father, you said in your word that you will bless me and make my name great:
Exodus 12:2

Father, you said in your word that the gentiles and kings shall come to my light: Isaiah 60:3

Father, you said in your word that you will fight for me and I shall hold my peace: Exodus 14:14

Because of His faithfulness, God will ALWAYS intervene when we remind Him of His covenant. The problem is when we lack faith and patience to inherit God's promises:

“That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”
— Hebrews 6:12

This is where we need to be very careful; God will keep His covenant because He is faithful but we can completely lose out if we aren't patient.

"Oh, you don't understand brother Jude. I have been praying that promise to God for a month now and still nothing has happened."

Well, keep on PRAYING! God is FAITHFUL and He will honour His word whether we believe it or not!

However, God will not honour sin and disobedience to Him! Live a life pleasing to Him and stand on His covenant.

1 Chronicles 4
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

¹⁰ And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Why did God grant Jabez his prayer? Because it was part of His covenant to him. God promised to bless all the children of Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3) and Jabez who was living under a curse, prayed fervently for God's blessing.

Are you living under a curse like Jabez? Stand on God's covenant of blessing:

“(The LORD God of your fathers make you a thousand times so many more as ye are, and bless you, as he hath promised you!)”
— Deuteronomy 1:11

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/02/20 / Why Africans/Nigerians Do Horror For Mundane Things? / Can U Go To A Place Where It Is Not Advisable To Go To, Trusting God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.