Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles (24220 Views)

Suspected IPOB Gunmen Burn Down Cars And Tricycles In Owerri Okigwe Road / Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) / Traffic Offences: Lagos Reads Riot Act To Okadas And Tricycles Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by xynniey(f): 6:21am On Feb 03, 2020
People go am this morning
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Emmanes: 6:22am On Feb 03, 2020
Today will b a testing ground for full compliance. We are watching
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Smellingrillmea: 6:22am On Feb 03, 2020
post=86330967:
Palliative measures is what we are after.

Good start from Lagos state government.

We need more tho.

God bless Lagos state.

God bless Nigeria.

Maybe you should start a new leave to
And stop selling dead chicken
And stop selling your generations destiny for bread money

2 Likes

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by yenereal(m): 6:22am On Feb 03, 2020
V
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:23am On Feb 03, 2020
LoL. LASG praise them. If they did not seize motorcycle, and charge N10,000 to N50,000 for their bail will they praise them
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by ikorodureporta: 6:26am On Feb 03, 2020
Na this Monday morning we all go know the TRUTH
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Emmanes: 6:27am On Feb 03, 2020
Ajibel:
i am fine with okada ban, but keke? how will i move from aguda to cele express?
Bros me trek from Oladimeji to Sanya bustop yesterday night.... no okada for Aguda oo
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by miketayo(m): 6:31am On Feb 03, 2020
Grand194:
This won't be easy especially for people living on the main land

Because no bikes on the island?

Oride, max and gokada make more money on d island
Ajah to ikate
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Lamanii22(f): 6:34am On Feb 03, 2020
eduman365:
While I totally agree with the ban because of the sanity that obviously had to be restored on Lagos roads, I think the government should have provided small buses or cabs than can reach inner city roads where these keke and bikes normally ply, before effecting the ban.

Lagosians, especially those who don't own cars, are being made to suffer as there really isn't any means of transportation for short distances apart from the keke and okada...

I wonder why we always take actions without proffering solutions first... It wouldn't cost Lagos state anything to introduce mini buses and cabs for joint taxi rides to cater to inner city roads and intra-city transportation.

Those in Alausa didn't do their homework well, as usual!

Right... I like the idea of cabs...
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by jaxxy(m): 6:35am On Feb 03, 2020
There is absolutely nothing wrong with opay and other Uber bikes. Keke and other bikes can be restricted.

Also the 65 buses they are bringing on monday can’t carter for every area, especially inner roads not major roads and do they have proper traffic control officers?

Bikes and keke reduces the no of cars on the roads so expect more cars and buses, meaning more traffic.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by xana101: 6:37am On Feb 03, 2020
This is d best time to start bicycle business.

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Subonbon(m): 6:42am On Feb 03, 2020
ChristianNorth:
65 buses to replace all those maruwa and Okada? This ban rendered thousands of people jobless and you are replacing them with just 65 buses.

This is what happens when a nation elects a mad man.

The fool should have waited for the 550 buses to arrive first.
thanks u that's s my point...
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by DenreleDave(m): 6:45am On Feb 03, 2020
No be me go enter boat ooo.. I na sabi swim n can't let fish consume mi
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Tenshades(m): 6:47am On Feb 03, 2020
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by donprinyo(m): 6:48am On Feb 03, 2020
Now you know the real owners of Lagos
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by PCFC(m): 6:49am On Feb 03, 2020
Humblega:
Our government have ideal, the problem is when and how to implement it. i agreed, taking Motorcycles and tricycles out of major cities has it advantages like reduce accident, beautification......... but have they done their part before the implementation. Lots of roads are not Motorable, some are waterlogged, population is more than public transport and not all have personal cars..............

Taking cart before the horse. as usual

EXPECTED EFFECT
*Lots of people just lost their source of income which will likely cause surge in crime rate
*Some lagosians will have to be walking miles everyday while hustling

Wish I could reach out to them and tell them to check out my signature for the new way to earn a steady income.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nukilia: 6:50am On Feb 03, 2020
eduman365:
While I totally agree with the ban because of the sanity that obviously had to be restored on Lagos roads, I think the government should have provided small buses or cabs than can reach inner city roads where these keke and bikes normally ply, before effecting the ban.

Lagosians, especially those who don't own cars, are being made to suffer as there really isn't any means of transportation for short distances apart from the keke and okada...
I wonder why we always take actions without proffering solutions first... It wouldn't cost Lagos state anything to introduce mini buses and cabs for joint taxi rides to cater to inner city roads and intra-city transportation.
Those in Alausa didn't do their homework well, as usual!

LASG should also consider the following:

1. Fixing damaged roads aggressively and creating alternative routes.
2. Reviewing the ban on organized bike services like Opay, Gokada, Max etc.
3. Creating bus parks to eliminate traffic on the roads...

The gap left by the state should be filled by minibus investors. Let gokada and maxng invest in minibuses with AC if truly they love lagosians cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by omlueh(m): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2020
Exactly Sir.
ChristianNorth:
65 buses to replace all those maruwa and Okada? This ban rendered thousands of people jobless and you are replacing them with just 65 buses.

This is what happens when a nation elects a mad man.

The fool should have waited for the 550 buses to arrive first.

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by redcap: 6:53am On Feb 03, 2020
lewis512:
Ok .... no more maruwa from Sangotedo to Ajah . Complex now

Enter small bus or hail Uber.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by sisisioge: 6:53am On Feb 03, 2020
They would have let the busses arrive before letting us go through our "little problem" of commuting. There is no bus here.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Greatfullheart: 6:55am On Feb 03, 2020
I Registered 2universities and 1polytechnic i Heard Polytechnic Do Not Accept 3rd Choice Please Can I Change It Maybe After Reprint and How Much Does It Cost
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by sisisioge: 6:55am On Feb 03, 2020
Nukilia:

The gap left by the state should be filled by minibus investors. Let gokada and maxng invest in minibuses with AC if truly they love lagosians cheesy

Those guys already lost billions! Money that included theirs, borrowed funds and other investors money. Whew!

2 Likes

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by omlueh(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Banana weere leleyi sa, but you sabi eat fish and you fit take 1 drum of water take baff, i beg you must to enter boat/ferry by fire by force Eko oni baje, o baje ti.
DenreleDave:
No be me go enter boat ooo.. I na sabi sweet n can't let fish consume mi
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by omlueh(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Babanla weere leleyi sa, but you sabi eat fish and you fit take 1 drum of water take baff, i beg you must to enter boat/ferry by fire by force Eko oni baje, o baje ti.
DenreleDave:
No be me go enter boat ooo.. I na sabi sweet n can't let fish consume mi
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Cassim33(m): 7:04am On Feb 03, 2020
This make the stupid hamagoes Christians start coming to Kaduna to blast their brothers
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by omlueh(m): 7:04am On Feb 03, 2020
Féjëé ran
xana101:
This is d best time to start bicycle business.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by ekwerendi(m): 7:05am On Feb 03, 2020
I repeat again, Lagos State is like the only state formulating policies to make the place a better one.....The governor is performing in my own assessment..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Jonathan Hold Talks In Aso Rock / Obasanjo: What Boko Haram Members Told Me When We Met In 2011 / Prime Minister Of Israel’s Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.