Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles (24041 Views)

Suspected IPOB Gunmen Burn Down Cars And Tricycles In Owerri Okigwe Road / Peter Obi: My Children Use Buses And Tricycles To Get Around (Throwback) / Traffic Offences: Lagos Reads Riot Act To Okadas And Tricycles Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by OShepherd: 7:06am On Feb 03, 2020
I confirmed this country has been bewitched by Devilish leaders when an entire community leaders decided to plunge themselves into darkness after disconnecting from an existing source with the aim of procuring Transformer&Accessories even when they had no dime in their purse haven embezzled the meagre funds & funny enough they're yet to get the electricity for close to two(2)yrs now & counting(Square pegs in round holes)...who did this to us badt gan no oooo! Hmmmm
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Topmaike007(m): 7:12am On Feb 03, 2020
Sanwolu should just kiss 2nd term goodbye
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by membranus: 7:13am On Feb 03, 2020
Nukilia:

The gap left by the state should be filled by minibus investors. Let gokada and maxng invest in minibuses with AC if truly they love lagosians cheesy

A good and sound advice.
Thanks for this. Let them invest heavily on mini buses, they are bound to reap a lot of profit.

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 03, 2020
Who is this one deceiving?

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by hush15: 7:22am On Feb 03, 2020
Humblega:
Our government have ideal, the problem is when and how to implement it. i agreed, taking Motorcycles and tricycles out of major cities has it advantages like reduce accident, beautification......... but have they done their part before the implementation. Lots of roads are not Motorable, some are waterlogged, population is more than public transport and not all have personal cars..............

Taking cart before the horse. as usual

EXPECTED EFFECT
*Lots of people just lost their source of income which will likely cause surge in crime rate
*Some lagosians will have to be walking miles everyday while hustling

Omo lahosians need the waka to keep fit. Yesterday, for the first time in ages, Lagos road felt so good. By 10pm, everywhere was silent and clean. For the first in a decade I did squeeze my face, shouting no park for road na, or okada, commit my front or be cursing right left and center cos one stupid bike guy almost broke my fenders.

I went to luth yesterday and was traffic free, I could count the number of bikers who parked their bike properly so as not to be harassed. Ojuelegba was less sensed. I could see everywhere unlike before.

The one that gives me joy most is the great reduction in aboki menace. It's like it's only those guys the operate bikes and keke in lagos

2 Likes

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Philinho(m): 7:24am On Feb 03, 2020
If you see how trailers are passing with a full loads of okada riders and their bikes up north,you'll wonder. Saw them yesterday on Abuja-kaduna road

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by GermanMelania: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2020
This is a good initiative. It seems you guys are not listening. They bus people in from chad and niger( the country) to come and do okada and keke work in lagos
Lagos isn't acting out of hate. They are trying to secure a border fgn will not do. Fgn is busy forgiving haramists and buhari is claiming he has no idea why naija isnt safe.
We are basically in a cold war. It is only because you are alive that you can br complaining
I love Lagos. I want what id best for her. This is a joint effort with the amotekun initiative.

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Vizzyboy05: 7:26am On Feb 03, 2020
What I know is that.. Nigeria will be a great country.
I have the believe.
God bless Nigeria. Amen. Eko o no Baje.. Level_up Gang..
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by suzzyboss(m): 7:30am On Feb 03, 2020
If Keke and Okada must go okay, g Okada, max must follow.. No is no.. We don't want half no or quarter no.. Okada and Keke is not allowed plain and simple
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Xlyad(m): 7:38am On Feb 03, 2020
Greatfullheart:
I Registered 2universities and 1polytechnic i Heard Polytechnic Do Not Accept 3rd Choice Please Can I Change It Maybe After Reprint and How Much Does It Cost
yes at a cost of #2500 at any CBT centre. In fact you can still change it even after the exam and release of results.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by bkool7(m): 7:40am On Feb 03, 2020
This is just a remorseless and insensitive govt
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Muhylonaire(m): 7:49am On Feb 03, 2020
Compliance kee you there... Lolz grin grin
Omo boy Don trek tire today ooo
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2020
Nukilia:

The gap left by the state should be filled by minibus investors. Let gokada and maxng invest in minibuses with AC if truly they love lagosians cheesy

Hitherto, they saw a void in the transport sector that needed to be filled, hence the creation of the bike services. Now that things have changed and these companies have yet to get their ROI, how do you expect them to recover from the loss and reinvest?

Money isn't just paper dear...

2 Likes

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Thonee(m): 8:06am On Feb 03, 2020
Lagosians agree to ban ke, people that are not suffering from the ban are the ones writing rubbish.
They're bikers operating in Oshodi-Ladipo-Mushin dis morning.
Bottom line is that the people that are suffering from the ban are more than those enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:10am On Feb 03, 2020
welturebotanical:
I just saw a bus in ajah.I think it's a digital hailing bus service. Waka something undecided..

Yup. PlentyWaka. Best thing since fried plantain and egg. But they need to start getting to Obalende.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nukilia: 8:16am On Feb 03, 2020
eduman365:
Hitherto, they saw a void in the transport sector than needed to be filled, hence the creation of the bike services. Now that things have changed and these companies have yet to get their ROI, how do you expect them to recover from the loss and reinvest?Money isn't just paper dear...

Not to sound like an elitist, I believe they should count it as a temporary setback which they can recover from ASAP... Losing is part of the game
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Bluffly: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2020
Nigerians should learn to walk short distances and the government should know that they have to make the environments pedestrian friendly asap
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 03, 2020
Nukilia:

Not to sound like an elitist, I believe they should count it as a temporary setback which they can recover from ASAP... Losing is part of the game

Well, you do have a point that losing is part of the game, but not when it's on such large and almost unrecoverable scale.

An unstable external business environment riddled with unfavorable government policies is bad for any business. A true investor would be edgy and skeptical to further invest, not just based on the previous loss, but on the uncertainty about government policies.

Let's not deceive ourselves. E no easy at all...

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by majamajic(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2020
hush15:

Omo lahosians need the waka to keep fit. Yesterday, for the first time in ages, Lagos road felt so good. By 10pm, everywhere was silent and clean. For the first in a decade I did squeeze my face, shouting no park for road na, or okada, commit my front or be cursing right left and center cos one stupid bike guy almost broke my fenders.

I went to luth yesterday and was traffic free, I could count the number of bikers who parked their bike properly so as not to be harassed. Ojuelegba was less sensed. I could see everywhere unlike before.

The one that gives me joy most is the great reduction in aboki menace. It's like it's only those guys the operate bikes and keke in lagos

Some are not seeing where the governor is coming from, the influx was too much , the security of lagos is more important , those talking about job losses , most of these drivers are not even from Nigeria, if care is not taken things will get out of hand

Me I like ban , at least now I can come out of the street and see beautiful ladies and people walking around

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by deolu2000(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2020
My question since the ban has been effected is that, which is more lawful; to genuinely work for your income by riding Keke/ bikes or to be running after bus conductors collecting unaccounted and free money on the highway simply because you are NURTW members?
The government needs to answer this because it seems hard work no longer pays but truancy/thuggery is the selling business of the day.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by osament(m): 8:59am On Feb 03, 2020
if you want to sellout your tricycle ( keke, marowa) contact me on 08106243474 or chart me up for business.
The earlier the costlier.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Astonpapa(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Lalala
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by einsteine(m): 9:23am On Feb 03, 2020
Nukilia:

Opay's OBus was frustrated by the same government in collaboration with their NURTW thugs

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Farki: 9:51am On Feb 03, 2020
eduman365:
While I totally agree with the ban because of the sanity that obviously had to be restored on Lagos roads, I think the government should have provided small buses or cabs than can reach inner city roads where these keke and bikes normally ply, before effecting the ban.

Lagosians, especially those who don't own cars, are being made to suffer as there really isn't any means of transportation for short distances apart from the keke and okada...

I wonder why we always take actions without proffering solutions first... It wouldn't cost Lagos state anything to introduce mini buses and cabs for joint taxi rides to cater to inner city roads and intra-city transportation.

Those in Alausa didn't do their homework well, as usual!

LASG should also consider the following:

1. Fixing damaged roads aggressively and creating alternative routes.
2. Reviewing the ban on organized bike services like Opay, Gokada, Max etc.
3. Creating bus parks to eliminate traffic on the roads...

Another solution would be to create a functional railway system across Lagos. Other countries that are hyped for not having Okada and Keke they have good railways that keep the population from crowding the roads.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by DarkJeddi(m): 9:53am On Feb 03, 2020
Grand194:
This won't be easy especially for people living on the main land
It will be easy,human beings adapt..

This is not the first time such is being done in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nickymezor(f): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2020
vibbb:
Lots of ppl will loss weight by force.
Walking things.
Lolz abi oo, but it ain't funny though... Festac town no send any body...Okadas n kekes are doing their businesses and no one seems to stop them.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Farki: 10:00am On Feb 03, 2020
Thonee:
Lagosians agree to ban ke, people that are not suffering from the ban are the ones writing rubbish.
They're bikers operating in Oshodi-Ladipo-Mushin dis morning.
Bottom line is that the people that are suffering from the ban are more than those enjoying it.

I always said it that blacks hate themselves more than any other race.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Greatfullheart: 10:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Xlyad:
yes at a cost of #2500 at any CBT centre. In fact you can still change it even after the exam and release of results.
Thank You Very Much. I'm Writing Jamb i Applied For 1st Choice(Uni Abuja) 2nd choice(Nasarawa state university, Keffi,) and 3rdchoice(Federal PolyTechnic, Nasarawa) The I Heard most Poly Do Not Accept being Placed on 3rd Choice so I Want To Change/Switch 1 University which Is Nasarawa State University to Poly. Can I've Your Number Please

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by TheMubaraqS: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2020
LASG sha wan do business for people head sha... They stop these people, they bring in theirs.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Andy2274: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2020
post=86330967:
Palliative measures is what we are after.

Good start from Lagos state government.

We need more tho.

God bless Lagos state.

God bless Nigeria.
. Suffering and smiling. Berger to Agege of #100 before was #200 as at 2/2/2020. While to Ogba of #50 was #100 because of no keke. Put things in place before banning anything. You don't go to work that's why you are hailing these people. Ban them from major roads like Lagos Abeokuta express way and co not places like Agege oko oba road, Capitol road, Meiran road and those places that abuses don't go and people are living there. My cousin living at Grammar school at Ojodu Berger have to trek from Bus stop to his house carrying his 4years old daughter. Something of keke #50. Don't be so quick to accept all manner of trash thrown at the masses by these heartless people.
Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nukilia: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2020
eduman365:

Well, you do have a point that losing is part of the game, but not when it's on such large and almost unrecoverable scale. An unstable external business environment riddled with unfavorable government policies is bad for any business. A true investor would be edgy and skeptical to further invest, not just based on the previous loss, but on the uncertainty about government policies. Let's not deceive ourselves. E no easy at all...

I understand you perfectly... Let's hope government becomes transparent and avoid policy summersaults

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Hails Compliance With Restriction Of Motorcycles And Tricycles by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Farki:

Another solution would be to create a functional railway system across Lagos. Other countries that are hyped for not having Okada and Keke they have good railways that keep the population from crowding the roads.

That would be a tramway. The problem isn't with long distances but short ones where Okada and Keke usually ply. Most of those long distance routes are accessible via buses and they have already introduced new buses for long distances like CMS to Ajah and Oshodi to Ajah.

Lagos is not ready for a tramway right now, not with the type of people in political offices. It's a massive investment that would launch Nigeria to the next level, but the leadership is weak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why, How Yekini Idaiye Was Removed / How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / Buhari Mohammed Dankwambo Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.