Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes (65535 Views)

Man Using Umbrella In A Lagos Bus Due To Leaking Roof (Video) / Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by Yankee101: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
If this is public BUS transport, abeg how much is taxi in naija and how much is the average salary in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by marksleek25: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Its not like that bro. We need clean environment. 2
trash talk.
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by aimuan(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
clear environment at the expensive of people livelihood? Do no the number of people that will go hungry because of this move ?
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by ehmmy11(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lol when He said "revolution now" they said he was not their son ..now dey have taken away the jobs of their real sons let's see if they will rise up grin ...
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by blezynetym(f): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Please, bring back our keke and Bike, or CMS - AJAH should be #100
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by CeterisXVII: 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
hush15:

Nobody will burn. Everybody will survive. We moved around before bikes came. We will continue to move around with the passing away of bikes. Sanwo, keep moving.
Stop this rubbish talk, abeg you. You moved around before bikes came? How were the roads before bikes came? Were they this bad? How was transportation before bikes came? Was it this difficult?

In those days, kabu-kabu would park under the bridges and carry people, right from the highways to the inner streets. They would drop you at your dooorstep.

What happened? The state govt said they were illegal and banned them from operating under the bridges. They alleged that they were being used to kidnap people.

That was when bikes came up. Some of you just open your mouth to talk anyhow, without knowing the genesis of a thing. When did you arrive in Lagos, that you are making such irrational statements?

How will the poor, weak, elderly, sick, and pregnant women get from the highways, to the inner streets? How many people live close to bus stops?

Even walking the streets is a challenge. What about in the evenings, when walking from the highway to your home? Do you think you will be safe from robbers and pick pockets? Trek kò, trek ñí.....oshì.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by manneger2: 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
No okada in dubai people trek to their house once they drop from bus, so u guys should trek is not a big deal, we know how to make small things big in Nigeria. In any big city people trek
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:

Pls define clean environment
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by lexy2014: 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
manneger2:
No okada in dubai people trek to their house once they drop from bus, so u guys should trek is not a big deal, we know how to make small things big in Nigeria. In any big city people trek

Did d govt of lagos provide for its residents d type of transportation system that d govt Dubai provides for its residents?
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by Eezywayne: 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
OUR VISION: help 10,000 Nigerians become landlords by 2030
OUR
MISSION: Kill your house rent, and spare your landlord
OUR
SOLUTION: Land 48™ - own a land in 48 weeks
OUR
STRATEGY: Goal setting + Savings
OUR LOCATIONS: Ota, Ikorodu, Mowe/Ibafo, Ibeju-Lekki
OUR OFFER: Starting from 5k/week
Dare to join us and other landlords-in-progress on this journey of a lifetime!

https://www.ogalandlord.com.ng/
Send a DM or Call/WhatsApp: 08028518313, 09052535870 07031306757, 08154802848, 08072690607

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by lexy2014: 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
Yankee101:
If this is public BUS transport, abeg how much is taxi in naija and how much is the average salary in lagos?

I thought same thing too. D rates are on d high side

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by lexy2014: 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Very useless list, especially the one for the boat ferries.

Badore to Falomo is 1,000 naira. Are they high on Alausa weed?

When you can easily take 100 naira Kèke Marwa to Ajah bus stop in the good old days before the ban, and then take a bus from Ajah to Falomo or Maroko, for 300 naira or less? Dem don swear for this govt, o! Total cost before the ban was 400 naira per trip.

Now the govt wants people to pay 1,000 naira (more than 50% increase) for the same trip! Is this Commissioner of Transport, a normal person?

Now, in this list there is no boat playing Falomo to Maroko, or Falomo to Lekki, or Mariko to Ikoyi. Yet, the road from the Oniru end of Ozumba Mbadiwe to Ikoyi and Onikan, is always blocked by traffic.

These people are jokers!!

I think this was d plan all along. It wasn't about d purported nuisance of bikes& keke. D price list is absolutely crazy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by manneger2: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
lexy2014:

Did d govt of lagos provide for its residents d type of transportation system that d govt Dubai provides for its residents?
Make use of the one provided to u brother, okada make city look rough, Nigeria we too like to complain, if you know what people go through in big cities in developed country u will stop complaining
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by anonimi: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
maxinvile:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

In an effort to minimise the impact of the restriction of Motorcycles and Tricycles on Lagos commuters, Lagos Bus Services Limited will be expanding its operations from Monday 3 Feb, 2020 to the following routes:

We will also be increasing capacity on our existing routes. The Government has also ramped up water transportation services with provision of 14 new Jetties to commence operations on Tuesday.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10985107_fbimg1580682205132_jpeg2bfce35e3651bd698fa6a2ef57a937b6

Ferries are not the same as jetties.
The government needs to hands off transportation business as quickly as possible by having private companies run it and limit itself to licencing & regulation.
Nice one from the LASG as we await the commencement of the light rail that has been going on forever with billions of dollars spent since 2011 yet no result. The one in Abuja and Addis Ababa started in the same period have been in service since several years already.
Why did barawo bubu cancel the one of 1984 by Jakande sef? The entire state would have been covered by now with new phases since the past 36 years.

TTC in talks to sell old trains to Lagos. Are they safe enough?
AUGUST 10, 2011

As Toronto trainspotters gleefully take maiden rides on the TTC's Rocket, commuters in Lagos, Nigeria may be about to get some new trains of their own. Our old ones.

A TTC spokesperson has confirmed that the commission is negotiating with a private group to sell up to 260 used train cars to the West African megacity's new transit project.

"I can confirm that the TTC is in discussion with a third party that wants to purchase trains for Lagos," said commission spokesperson Brad Ross. "Over a period of time, they will be taken out of service and then transported over to Nigeria."

The cars being considered for sale are the TTC's old H-5 and H-6 models, which will be decommissioned as the TTC rolls out its new fleet of Rockets. Ross predicts the earliest they could be shipped to Nigeria is sometime in 2012.

Traffic snarls are already a major economic problem in the Nigerian capital, a booming city that will reach an estimated population of 25 million by 2015. A new above-ground rail system designed to carry 1.5 million people a day has already broken ground, and Lagos Governor Babtunde Fashola has said it "will be the most multi-dimensional and most impactful" of the government's efforts to reduce traffic congestion.

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

He also warned that while rail systems are glamorous as far as transit infrastructure goes, they are not always as effective at reducing congestion as other options. Nevertheless, new rail systems are frequently preferred because governments can take advantage of kickbacks from large contracts.

According to media reports, the cost estimates for the Lagos rail project have varied wildly from $1.2 billion to $30 billion. In 2010, a Nigerian government watchdog accused Fashola's government of widespread corruption.

"More often than not, politicians favour rail transit because it is more expensive," Haider said. "It's almost useless in some cases, and less productive in most cases, than a bus system. But you can't buy busses for $30 billion. You can inflate prices and make a lot of money buying a rail system."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135824_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

“Construction work will continue on the project from Orile-Iganmu to Marina, the expansion work on the road from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko will also be intensified.

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents.

“When the project is completed, the state would be at par with other major cities of the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

https://www.nairaland.com/1156265/lagos-light-rail-ready-june

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by berbs: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
Shellsploit:
Lalasticlala cheesy
Ikeja along to oshodi isnt on that list!
Agege to ishaga nko?
Okearo road sef undecided
Keke and okada still ply that route.
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by anonimi: 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Offpoint:
Today I just realized there comes a day your money will be totally useless....

Brothers and sisters today I trek
I repeat: I trek like I'm mad.
I no fit lie, I trek.

Me when I remember I'll still be going home from where I am.

Trekking is good for you if you don't want to be obese like the Michelin man with the attendant health issues.
Maybe you want to spend your inadequate money on doctors and pharmacists

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by alexola20(m): 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by lexy2014: 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
manneger2:

Make use of the one provided to u brother, okada make city look rough, Nigeria we too like to complain, if you know what people go through in big cities in developed country u will stop complaining

Oga, na simple question I ask u:

"Did d govt of lagos provide for its residents d type of transportation system that d govt Dubai provides for its residents?"

Yes or No?
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by hush15: 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Stop this rubbish talk, abeg you. You moved around before bikes came? How were the roads before bikes came? Were they this bad? How was transportation before bikes came? Was it this difficult?

In those days, kabu-kabu would park under the bridges and carry people, right from the highways to the inner streets. They would drop you at your dooorstep.

What happened? The state govt said they were illegal and banned them from operating under the bridges. They alleged that they were being used to kidnap people.

That was when bikes came up. Some of you just open your mouth to talk anyhow, without knowing the genesis of a thing. When did you arrive in Lagos, that you are making such irrational statements?

How will the poor, weak, elderly, sick, and pregnant women get from the highways, to the inner streets? How many people live close to bus stops?

Even walking the streets is a challenge. What about in the evenings, when walking from the highway to your home? Do you think you will be safe from robbers and pick pockets? Trek kò, trek ñí.....oshì.

You don vex abi? Well sorry o but ur vex won't bring bikes back. Pele
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by Ykc2(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
even in western world people leave their small villages to look for work in the city ,but incase of Nigeria nothing is planned people will tell you to go back to your village because your from another state,a house owner in lagos state should not laugh at homeless person because tomorrow lagos government can mark your house for demolition or send area boys to put fire on it so the land will be theirs,black people wicked I swear
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by pacespot(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
safarigirl:
even personal bikes have been banned. They seized someone's power bike over the weekend, that is how silly they are

This shouldn't be happening, personal bikes are not treated the same way as commercial bikes, Nigeria always overdo things. Even in advanced countries, personal bikes are still legible for transportation. Who is advising this government, laziness is affecting Nigeria in all spectrum of government, they are not ready to put up the mechanisms for differentiating between personal bikes and commercial ones, or they can also differentiate between which personal bikes one can use.
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by lexy2014: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
manneger2:

Pls highlight "what people go thru in big cities in developed countries"? How does okada make Lagos look rough? Is okada d sole cause of roughness in Lagos?
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by qtx(m): 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
olaboy33:
Please who is the commissioner of transportation in Lagos State.

That guy needs serious flogging
grin
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by pacespot(m): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
I hope this development won't make the price of car go up, coz that will be a problem for those looking to solve this problem with a personal car.
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by OhiOfIhima: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
olaboy33:
Please who is the commissioner of transportation in Lagos State.

That guy needs serious flogging

Me I want bite his ear! After I trekked from Oniwaya to Guniness.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by TheMostComplex1: 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Offpoint:
Today I just realized there comes a day your money will be totally useless....

Brothers and sisters today I trek
I repeat: I trek like I'm mad.
I no fit lie, I trek.

Me when I remember I'll still be going home from where I am.

Sorry .
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by martowskin1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
pwansunriseteam:
Hmmm
This is a trying time for Lagosians
This trycycle ban will affect many. Any time i am going to any location in Island, If I am not with car. Keke is the easiest way to enter any where in Island. The same way with Ikeja. They should not have banned Keke.

because u are been affected, there are also people whose means of movement is okada.

We have one mentality in this country, is the reason the nation as a whole won't grow

"Once u are OK everyone can go to hell" ... This attitude is bad
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by Lifestone(m): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
Solidkay:
I doubt if Sanwolu has the masses at heart,
Can't imagine how many families has been plunged into hunger and wants by this senseless ban,
How many small scale business will suffer adversely by it.
WE'RE OUR OWN ENEMIES.
How has the guys affected in Onitsha coped?
Re: Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes by Jonoshio: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
What a useless country, people are warn less below 1000naira a day and you put a one way transportation at 500naira. Clueless decision makers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Ikeja Train Accident Victims Being Treated On The Floor / Truck Crashes Into A School Bus In Enugu, Many Pupils Dead (Graphic Photos) / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.