Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65494 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2023
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you

170 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by speedy0420: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2023
Get a good pc and. Go into IT
Or move to places like Cotonou where processing oversea travels are cheaper

394 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Map1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
Can you invest on food stuff?

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Reminderz: 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
you would have considered what your cousin said because to me it was the best even though it might seem expensive to you...

you'll stay with the person, learn the ropes till you stand on your feet.. also, you won't find much trouble finding a home and paying rents, taxes and all that... I hope you've learnt your lesson...

that aside, there are various business you can do with 2M, invest in food business, snacks, accessories, gadgets, a salon, POS and the likes... invest in things that are of less risks and big ROI

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
Reminderz:
you would have considered what your cousin said because to me it was the best even though it might seem expensive to you...

you'll stay with the person, learn the ropes till you stand on your feet.. also, you won't find much trouble finding a home and paying rents, taxes and all that... I hope you've learnt your lesson...
Lesson learnt, any opportunity you see in Nigeria, just take it because by tomorrow, the prize would increase to 3×

197 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Hezzyluv: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you

When dollar was #750, my elder sister called me that she had 17m from her property sold, that she is looking for business idea. If I had knew that Naira would be worthless in the coming months, I would have advice her to buy dollar with the money.

So I advise u to buy dollar now not with the whole money tho.

155 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2023
Buy dolar and save in your domiciliary account if you did this since you would have 4M.by now

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hezzyluv:

When dollar was #750, my elder sister called me that she had 17m from her property sold, that she is looking for business idea. If I had knew that Naira would be worthless in the coming months, I would have advice her to buy dollar with the money.

So I advise u to buy dollar now not with the whole money tho.
I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha

159 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by FitCorper: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
What if God had saved you from being duped by that person?

287 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money 😔 even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Even if you get a good idea you wouldnt embrace it. I can only say good or you. You all approwch things with the skeptic mindset of everythidng is a scam. It has backfired this time around. Almost everyone told you to buy dollars in August you refused. Smh

A fool can never recognize spund advice. It is obvious business isnt your forte. Keep your money in your savings account. Otherwise if you must do business go into wholesale and retail nylon sales. At least your money doesnt move far from you given your state of fear amd negative state of mind

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by gunners160(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
But wait ooo, una get mind oo. You have 5million and you wan japa. Gosh, I can't have that kind of money and be thinking of running away rather I will expand on what gave me the money. Yes , Nigeria is bad but if you are millionaire, you go enjoy the country die....

167 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
FitCorper:
What if God had saved you from being duped by that person?
It's my cousin friend so it really not possible

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
gunners160:
But wait ooo, una get mind oo. You have 5million and you wan japa. Gosh, I can't have that kind of money and be thinking of running away rather I will expand on what gave me the money. Yes , Nigeria is bad but if you are millionaire, you go enjoy the country die....

I am investing a 3 M in Nigeria presently. Leave them alone they will never listen. They only see and think evil about Nigeria

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
gunners160:

I didn't get the money by working, I got it as a sort of inheritance, if I was earning very very high I might stay but I just wanted to leave the country

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Fugazy2023: 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

Even if you get a good idea you wouldnt embrace it. I can only say good or you. You all approwch things with the skeptic mindset of everythidng is a scam. It has backfired this time around. Almost everyone told you to buy dollars in August you refused. Smh

A fool can never recognize spund advice. It is obvious business isnt your forte. Keep your money in your savings account. Otherwise if you must do business go into wholesale and retail nylon sales. At least your money doesnt move far from you given your state of fear amd negative state of mind

See I have to be scared o, I am very independent and I hate relying on people, at then the dollar idea was 50/50 and wasn't guaranteed, yes I made a mistake but that is life.

I will invest half the money on dollar and hope everything will work out this time

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by FitCorper: 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Okies

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Hezzyluv: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

If you want to go into it, just minimize ur risk and don'tbe too greedy. Because, the day Naira would deppreciate, "e no go funny".

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

See I have to be scared o, I am very independent and I hate relying on people, at then the dollar idea was 50/50 and wasn't guaranteed, yes I made a mistake but that is life.

I will invest half the money on dollar and hope everything will work out this time

Ive known your state of mind and fear. Abeg if you buy and save in dollars would it not be under your custody. A woman like you Mercy Eke bought dollar since around 500 Naira and has left it in her dorm ever since and is still leaving it. You people need to deal with your fears. If we point you in the right direction now you will also carry fear into it. Go into purcahse and sales of nylon. Your money stays with you.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Hezzyluv: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly

Run from this 🏃 🏃

Again I say,

Run..!🏃 🏃

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by HopeNeverDies: 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lol...
Nigeria is going down the river .. wtf

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Wujio: 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hezzyluv:

If you want to go into it, just minimize ur risk. Because, the day Naira would deppreciate, "e no go funny".

I have been dealing dollars since ten years. Naira has continually lost against dollar for ten straight years. Go and google and confirm this report

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Hezzyluv: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

The guy that duped me when Dubai was the real deal, the day he traveled to Dubai from Lagos, (to tell u how close we are) even the food he eat that night I was the one who prepared it. Because, my sister was away. We even slept on the same bed and the following morning, i drove him to the airport But still yet, this guy duped me.

129 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2023
Think of other destinations. 5 million can get you to Brazil or mexico if you are going to study but you will have to learn a new language. Be flexible and think outside the box

33 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Figger(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you
no be lie, leaving an idle cash in bank accounts now is practically not a good idea.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hezzyluv:

The guy that duped me when Dubai was the real deal, the day he traveled to Dubai from Lagos, (to tell u how close we are) even the food he eat that night I was the one who prepared it. Because, my sister was away. We even slept on the same bed and the following morning, i drove him to the airport But still yet, this guy duped me.
Sorry, many people don't have conscience

8 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Think of other destinations. 5 million can get you to Brazil or mexico if you are going to study but you will have to learn a new language. Be flexible and think outside the box

This makes me laugh because I read news a lot and I see that there is a lot of cartels in Mexico and the county is worst than even Nigeria in tends of laws, the police are in the pocket of criminals.

Last month I even saw some tourist been kidnap in daylight, so to even think about traveling to Mexico, I rather just dash the money away

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Figger(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

I have been dealing dollars since ten years. Naira has continually lost against dollar for ten straight years. Go and google and confirm this report
I wonder oh, wetin wan make naira to appreciate against the dollar, no just tell me, bet me by this time next year, e go reach 3,500. APC is working

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

This makes me laugh because I read news a lot and I see that there is a lot of cartels in Mexico and the county is worst than even Nigeria in tends of laws, the police are in the pocket of criminals.

Last month I even saw some tourist been kidnap in daylight, so to even think about traveling to Mexico, I rather just dash the money away

You know absolutely nothing men. Anyway remain in Nigeria lol grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
Aunty go and buy land with that money, resell after a year or two. Don't start any business o if you don't want to cry.

For flight, get to a neighbour country. Book flight from there it is cheaper.

For japa, there are some uni you can go to for diploma that you won't pay much for first semester. Before you go sha, learn handiwork especially hairdressing it will make life easier.

For dependent visa, I will advise you not to try it. People can be crazy, government (overseas can come up with some policies. I saw a video of a man that intentionally ran a lady down with his car because she left him after taking her abroad. If you stay with a guy there do you know what may happen? What if the main applicant cancel your dependent visa? . Please go on your own biko.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
Persephone1:
Aunty go and buy land with that money, resell after a year or two. Don't start any business o if you don't want to cry.

For flight, get to a neighbour country. Book flight from there it is cheaper.

For japa, there are some uni you can go to for diploma that you won't pay much for first semester. Before you go sha, learn handiwork especially hairdressing it will make life easier.

For dependent visa, I will advise you not to try it. People can be crazy, government (overseas can come up with some policies. I saw a video of a man that intentionally ran a lady down with his car because she left him after taking her abroad. If you stay with a guy there do you know what may happen? What if the main applicant cancel your dependent visa? . Please go on your own biko.
Thanks Sis

8 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Aboks(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
japa to cotonou

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.