Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. (891 Views)

I Need Clarity On Reincarnation? / Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son / Need Clarity On Isaiah 45:7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 5:13am On Feb 04, 2020
I have been studying the Quran recently because I want to understand if:
The extremist find their convictions from Islam.
Or they are on their own.

So I stumbled on this text.
Q9:29 instructs Muslims: “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

I really need it to be interpreted where I am there are no Muslim scholars around.
Thank you.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Koredav(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Q9:29 instructs Muslims: “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

I really need it to be interpreted where I am there are no Muslim scholars around.
Thank you.
They believe that they are d only religious ppl on earth and all d remaining religion are infidel as they say and dy believe in holy war of jihad. That is why they kill Christians.

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 7:04am On Feb 04, 2020
Koredav:

They believe that they are d only religious ppl on earth and all d remaining religion are infidel as they say and dy believe in holy war of jihad. That is why they kill Christians.
does their religion generally support this believe system
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Koredav(m): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2020
Blackpearlous:
does their religion generally support this believe system
Sure it gives it full support cos I'm in d north born and brought up in d north

2 Likes

Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by tartar9(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
What exactly don't you understand
In some countries like China,not paying your tax lands you a death penalty.
The little tax kaffir citizens are supposed to pay in an Islamic state is called jizyah
QED
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Sheunma: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2020
You can't understand the Qur'an by reading like any other ordinary book. You need guidance from holy spirit for express understanding. Thanks.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sheunma:
You can't understand the Qur'an by reading like any other ordinary book. You need guidance from holy spirit for express understanding. Thanks.
there is holy spirit in Islam?

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by shadeyinka(m): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2020
Blackpearlous:
Yes there is!
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 27, 2020
Sheunma:
You are right but can you start first by simply explaining what she quoted up there?
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by fineyemi2: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2020
shadeyinka:

Yes there is!
most of the Muslims dont know there is by spirit until I confronted a Muslim scholar and he told me it doesn't exist and I showed him in an English Quran
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by shadeyinka(m): 10:03am On Mar 27, 2020
fineyemi2:
most of the Muslims dont know there is by spirit until I confronted a Muslim scholar and he told me it doesn't exist and I showed him in an English Quran
Unfortunately, in the Qur'an, the Holy Spirit is Angel Gabriel!
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
Angel Gabriel is the Holy spirit.. Ok
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Thank you.

But really is it not a message of war
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by mujahid777(m): 12:16am On Mar 28, 2020
DominusPrime:

You are right but can you start first by simply explaining what she quoted up there?
Blackpearlous:
There is no such thing as needing some holy Spirit to interpret Islamic scriptures.He is saying nonsense.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Ola17: 2:58am On Mar 28, 2020
tartar9:
What exactly don't you understand
[s]In some countries like China,not paying your tax lands you a death penalty.[/s]
The little tax kaffir citizens are supposed to pay in an Islamic state is called jizyah
QED

Don’t say what you don’t know you merchant of falsehood!
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Nobody: 3:54am On Mar 28, 2020
mujahid777:

There is no such thing as needing some holy Spirit to interpret Islamic scriptures.He is saying nonsense.
A different view. Ok then pls explain the scripture she quoted.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 28, 2020
Blackpearlous:

But really is it not a message of war
I don't know why no one has answered the question. Seems everyone is avoiding it.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Biodun556(m): 3:58am On Mar 28, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Thank you.

Verse 9:29 of Surah at-tauba is probably the intentionally most misinterpreted verse of the Quran. This is what it says: –

“Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” S. 9:29 Y. Ali

Dear brother mansour, I totally understand you when you say that this verse promotes violence on a cursory glance. But if you read it carefully you’ll find that it doesn’t. I hope you will be patient enough to be with me throughout the end of this article.

The verse says “Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth”.
My question to you brother. Does this verse stop here? No it doesnt. It continues and gives the actual reason as to the fighting. This is the continuation: – “until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued”.

1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS.

This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state tax. And we all know that jizya is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So to put this verse as an excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2020
Biodun556:

1. PAYING JIZYA IS THE CONDITION FOR FIGHTING. THIS STATEMENT IS TOTALLY IGNORED OR OVERLOOKED WHEN LEVYING THIS ALLEGATION OF VIOLENCE ON MUSLIMS.

This verse doesn’t ask the Muslims to do mindless slaughter as the media portrays or deceives. It gives the Muslims the permission to fight only those non-Muslims who do not pay jizya – the state tax. And we all know that jizya is applicable only in an Islamic state. Neither India, nor US or Britain are Islamic states. So to put this verse as an excuse for what happened there only shows how biased, unknowledgable and unfair the media is and it hurts us deeply.
Thank you I read it to the end.

Just to be sure u get you it is just for Islamic states and it ndans those that don't pay tax are in trouble?

Is it still applicable now?

Does it hold in Iran or other Islamic country?

Thank you for the previous explanation.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Biodun556(m): 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Thank you I read it to the end.

Just to be sure u get you it is just for Islamic states and it ndans those that don't pay tax are in trouble?

Is it still applicable now?

Does it hold in Iran or other Islamic country?

Thank you for the previous explanation.

We no longer have pure Islamic state in this 21st century all we have are Muslim countries. So jizya is no longer practice in Muslim countries.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2020
Biodun556:

We no longer have pure Islamic state in this 21st century all we have are Muslim countries. So jizya is no longer practice in Muslim countries.

Thank you
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by Blackpearlous(f): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2020
DominusPrime:

I don't know why no one has answered the question. Seems everyone is avoiding it.

Yea I noticed too, someone has replied.
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by fineyemi2: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2020
shadeyinka:
Unfortunately, in the Qur'an, the Holy Spirit is Angel Gabriel!
the holy spirit is not angel Gabriel. Gabriel is an angel
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by shadeyinka(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2020
fineyemi2:
the holy spirit is not angel Gabriel. Gabriel is an angel
Of course!
But Islamic interpretations differ

Ruh al-qudus (Arabic: روح القدس‎, "the holy spirit" or "spirit of holiness"wink, al-ruh al-amin (Arabic: الروح الأمين‎, "the faithful/trustworthy spirit"wink, and ruh (spirit) are Quranic expressions that describe a source or means of prophetic revelations, commonly identified with the angel Gabriel. [6][7][8]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C5%AB%E1%B8%A5
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by abduljabbar4(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Thank you.

If you were really reading the chapter you wouldn't have asked that question. But still, can you read the verses that come before that verse?
Re: I Need Clarity On This Quran Text. by ModestGal(f): 8:05am On May 28, 2020
Sheunma:
This is absolute rubbish, op please don't listen
@blackpearlous

(1) (Reply)

Lets Come Together And Pray For UK / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On God's Plan For Him To Become Nigeria's President / Until Judgment Day, People Who Died,where Will They Be, And What Are They Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.