Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67180 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Lontrra: 6:41pm On May 10, 2022
Trying to vaccinate my dog, and a vet is charging me 7,500 per shot for DHPP. Isn't the price too much?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:28pm On May 10, 2022
Lontrra:
Trying to vaccinate my dog, and a vet is charging me 7,500 per shot for DHPP. Isn't the price too much?
Good evening sir, it's not too much sir except you want to fall into the hands of quacks. Your priority for now sir is to confirm if he is really a qualified Vet, so that if anything goes wrong, you can always hold him responsible. I'll be on standby sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Euphoria081: 7:14pm On May 12, 2022
Goodday doc SeunH, my dog came on heat recently but is not quite stable, observed all the heat symptoms
, though her vulva was swollen, sometimes it reduces in size and increases subsequently but no blood Jst kind of a brown discharge, she also leaks the area. Today makes it day 7 she entered heat. I'll be on a standby for your response. Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:08pm On May 12, 2022
Euphoria081:
Goodday doc SeunH, my dog came on heat recently but is not quite stable, observed all the heat symptoms
, though her vulva was swollen, sometimes it reduces in size and increases subsequently but no blood Jst kind of a brown discharge, she also leaks the area. Today makes it day 7 she entered heat. I'll be on a standby for your response. Thanks
Good evening sir, long time chief. Just calm down and make her comfortable, all will be well. I don't seem to see any serious problem sir, I'll be on standby.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Euphoria081: 8:36pm On May 12, 2022
seunH:
Good evening sir, long time chief. Just calm down and make her comfortable, all will be well. I don't seem to see any serious problem sir, I'll be on standby.
Lolz, okay ahhh na u be chief oo, anyway I was just concerned thats why. Thanks doc
Your the best
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Euphoria081: 9:02pm On May 12, 2022
Euphoria081:

Lolz, okay ahhh na u be chief oo, anyway I was just concerned thats why. Thanks doc
Your the best
Worried*
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nathnaija(m): 10:33pm On May 12, 2022
My dog nose is bleeding
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:56am On May 13, 2022
Nathnaija:
My dog nose is bleeding
Good morning sir, what caused it, was it due to trauma? If not, just put your mind at rest, it will stop on its own. You can just administer multivitamins esp iron supplements, to make up for lost blood. If it's due to trauma, see a Vet. I hope o was helpful

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Haroldjunior: 7:10am On May 15, 2022
Good day Doc, please I’ve got this adult female boerboel, for some days now she’s been low on energy, she’s not been eating as usual, she’s lethargic, she’s shaky/acts like she’s got pain in her hind legs mostly(not vocalized though). I would have taken her to a vet, but then there are no bet clinics close to where my mum lives and the dog is with her, and I travelled. I was able to contact a vet, although he stays far, from the symptoms, he said she may be down with Lyme disease, cuz her urine is yellow, she’s acting like she has a fever and all according to my mum. I couldn’t reach him again when I tried asking if there are any OTC meds he can prescribe so I can tell them to get and administer, before I come back and then look for a way to get a vet come over, cuz so far, it’s not been possible. Cuz I cannot just let her condition get worse. I’d really appreciate your help Sir. Thanks.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Euphoria081: 9:27am On May 16, 2022
seunH:
But sir can I go ahead with the crossing, cause tried mating her today but she was so aggressive and she refused, though presently no sign of blood yet Jst discharge. So I don't knw if she on heat or about to come on heat. Pls help.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:49am On May 16, 2022
Haroldjunior:
Good day Doc, please I’ve got this adult female boerboel, for some days now she’s been low on energy, she’s not been eating as usual, she’s lethargic, she’s shaky/acts like she’s got pain in her hind legs mostly(not vocalized though). I would have taken her to a vet, but then there are no bet clinics close to where my mum lives and the dog is with her, and I travelled. I was able to contact a vet, although he stays far, from the symptoms, he said she may be down with Lyme disease, cuz her urine is yellow, she’s acting like she has a fever and all according to my mum. I couldn’t reach him again when I tried asking if there are any OTC meds he can prescribe so I can tell them to get and administer, before I come back and then look for a way to get a vet come over, cuz so far, it’s not been possible. Cuz I cannot just let her condition get worse. I’d really appreciate your help Sir. Thanks.
I'm so so sorry for the late response, yesterday was weekend and my hands were full. On this case, I'll recommend you go for a comprehensive lab test, then we move from there. Meanwhile, I'll DM some analgesic and some supplement you would use for the mean time.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:51am On May 16, 2022
Euphoria081:

But sir can I go ahead with the crossing, cause tried mating her today but she was so aggressive and she refused, though presently no sign of blood yet Jst discharge. So I don't knw if she on heat or about to come on heat. Pls help.
Be patient sir, as she was aggressive it means she ain't ready yet. Let's place her on observation
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Haroldjunior: 2:48pm On May 16, 2022
Okay boss, 07031177247 is the number Sir. God bless.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by gudvibz(f): 2:50pm On May 17, 2022
Please what is the cost of neutering a cat in Nigeria, I want to neuter mine, all of them.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:32am On May 18, 2022
Haroldjunior:
Okay boss, 07031177247 is the number Sir. God bless.
Okay sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:49am On May 18, 2022
gudvibz:
Please what is the cost of neutering a cat in Nigeria, I want to neuter mine, all of them.
It depends on the location and area the vet hospital is located, but I'll advice you go to a government vet hospital, it's cheaper there
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Princeben50g: 1:25pm On May 18, 2022
My Lhasa aspo dog is too stubborn he will bite me if I want to bath him. Please what can I do to solve this
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:23pm On May 18, 2022
Princeben50g:
My Lhasa aspo dog is too stubborn he will bite me if I want to bath him. Please what can I do to solve this
Use a mouth guard

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walexz02(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2022
Kiiki is a happy dog, she is neat and cute .
Kiiki is on heat and needs servicing.
I need a cute, and agile male to service her please
Location is orita challenge and it's environs

3 Likes

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Haroldjunior: 6:10pm On May 19, 2022
Walexz02:
Kiiki is a happy dog, she is neat and cute .
Kiiki is on heat and needs servicing.
I need a cute, and agile male to service her please
Location is orita challenge and it's environs
Fine dog

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ndrule: 11:36am On May 21, 2022
Doc, first I must commend the work you are doing here.....Reading all your advise alone enlightens one to the remedy of common issues with dogs. God bless you.

I'm not really a dog lover but I had to gift my wife one, and not really being a fan of dogs I decided to buy a Lhasa atleast one that won't outgrow me grin. He is about 4 months and stay mostly indoors, asides his stubbornness which is a worry for me. I notice he started having alot of ticks lynched to his skin and due to his hairy nature I struggle to remove them cos he hardly allows me to touch him(He takes every thing as play cry ).

Please, what can I do about his stubbornness and how do I deal with this ticks, they give me so much concern.

What have I done:

1. Got a powder which the vet recommended I buy and apply on his body.

2. I bath him almost once a week, because we keep him inside a room while we are out for work, I think when his pee had dried up, he unconsciously lies on that spot making him smell asides his natural smell oooo...(I almost sold him when he was 2months because I couldn't deal with the dog smell, my wife convinced me not to, that dogs comes with their own smell and being a puppy he still need training)

3. I have used snipper insecticide in his room.

4. Hand pick the ticks, when he allows me to.

Please advise. Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:14pm On May 21, 2022
ndrule:
Doc, first I must commend the work you are doing here.....Reading all your advise alone enlightens one to the remedy of common issues with dogs. God bless you.

I'm not really a dog lover but I had to gift my wife one, and not really being a fan of dogs I decided to buy a Lhasa atleast one that won't outgrow me grin. He is about 4 months and stay mostly indoors, asides his stubbornness which is a worry for me. I notice he started having alot of ticks lynched to his skin and due to his hairy nature I struggle to remove them cos he hardly allows me to touch him(He takes every thing as play cry ).

Please, what can I do about his stubbornness and how do I deal with this ticks, they give me so much concern.

What have I done:

1. Got a powder which the vet recommended I buy and apply on his body.

2. I bath him almost once a week, because we keep him inside a room while we are out for work, I think when his pee had dried up, he unconsciously lies on that spot making him smell asides his natural smell oooo...(I almost sold him when he was 2months because I couldn't deal with the dog smell, my wife convinced me not to, that dogs comes with their own smell and being a puppy he still need training)

3. I have used snipper insecticide in his room.

4. Hand pick the ticks, when he allows me to.

Please advise. Thank you
Good afternoon sir and thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. Get this spray called Fipronil and apply it. Ensure his surrounding is fumigated and clean with no hidden crevice. If it persists get this drug called Bravecto® But I don't if it would get to that. I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ndrule: 4:36pm On May 23, 2022
seunH:
Good afternoon sir and thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. Get this spray called Fipronil and apply it. Ensure his surrounding is fumigated and clean with no hidden crevice. If it persists get this drug called Bravecto® But I don't if it would get to that. I'll be on standby

Doc, Good afternoon.

So my vet gave me Gadol for bathing him and Sunny Glee (A spray). What's your take on these, products you are familiar with
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:36pm On May 23, 2022
ndrule:

Doc, Good afternoon.

So my vet gave me Gadol for bathing him and Sunny Glee (A spray). What's your take on these, products you are familiar with
I'm not too familiar with the last product, but since I assume you met a qualified Vet, then you have nothing to fear
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ndrule: 11:22pm On May 23, 2022
seunH:
I'm not too familiar with the last product, but since I assume you met a qualified Vet, then you have nothing to fear

I think I may have caused my dog great pain today....he has been in pain since I applied the tick spray Sunny Glee.

The ticks were much around his anus and I think I may have applied too much, his restless and can't sleep, he twitches like the pain comes and go. I pray he gets better by morning oooo....cos he is in so much pain
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:17am On May 24, 2022
ndrule:

I think I may have caused my dog great pain today....he has been in pain since I applied the tick spray Sunny Glee.

The ticks were much around his anus and I think I may have applied too much, his restless and can't sleep, he twitches like the pain comes and go. I pray he gets better by morning oooo....cos he is in so much pain
May be the concentration was a bit high, and may be suffering from intoxication. Try to rinse it off with water and keep her in observation till your Vet comes tommorow. I'll be on standby too
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by tommyopera: 7:47am On May 26, 2022
Good morning doc. My dog has been battling with bloated stomach for some months now. The vet Dr treating her then asked me to get furosemide, after using it for some time the stomach stopped swollen and reduced but the dog refused to eat at some point so I had to stop the drug. Then after some weeks again the stomach started swollen again. This has occured like two times now because she always refused to eat when using the drug.
Now have stopped the drug permanently and the stomach keeps getting big and she's eating, urinating and pooing well. Please what can I do to stop the swollen stomach permanently?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:25pm On May 27, 2022
tommyopera:
Good morning doc. My dog has been battling with bloated stomach for some months now. The vet Dr treating her then asked me to get furosemide, after using it for some time the stomach stopped swollen and reduced but the dog refused to eat at some point so I had to stop the drug. Then after some weeks again the stomach started swollen again. This has occured like two times now because she always refused to eat when using the drug.
Now have stopped the drug permanently and the stomach keeps getting big and she's eating, urinating and pooing well. Please what can I do to stop the swollen stomach permanently?
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry for the delayed response. My candid advice is to go to vet clinic for proper examination, in order to know the origin of the bloat. It could be due to many reasons including nutrition, etc. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by tommyopera: 9:41pm On May 28, 2022
seunH:
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry for the delayed response. My candid advice is to go to vet clinic for proper examination, in order to know the origin of the bloat. It could be due to many reasons including nutrition, etc. I'll be on standby

Thank you... Will keep you updated
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by lanrekinfol: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hello doc, please help. What is this on my dog's ears?

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
lanrekinfol:
Hello doc, please help. What is this on my dog's ears?
Good evening sir, please can you give me a brief description of how it happened
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Ungodly: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2022
Dr seun, good morning sir.
There is this worm that my dog is infested with, I don’t know if it’s heartworm or hookworm, but I noticed that the dog keeps getting lean and low on life since it was infested with the worm…

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (52) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.