Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (66751 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Ungodly:
Dr seun, good morning sir.
There is this worm that my dog is infested with, I don’t know if it’s heartworm or hookworm, but I noticed that the dog keeps getting lean and low on life since it was infested with the worm…
Good morning sir, please get a very good dewormer and deworm while you back it up with multivitamins esp vitamin C and B complex
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Ungodly: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
seunH:
Good morning sir, please get a very good dewormer and deworm while you back it up with multivitamins esp vitamin C and B complex
thanks sir but what I actually meant was that, there’s this little worm that the dog is infested with on the skin, so if it’s pressed forcefully the worm will come out of the dog skin just like when you pop out a pimple… there’s about 3 holes on the dog skin, I think the worm made the hole, how they got there I don’t know.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ungodly:
thanks sir but what I actually meant was that, there’s this little worm that the dog is infested with on the skin, so if it’s pressed forcefully the worm will come out of the dog skin just like when you pop out a pimple… there’s about 3 holes on the dog skin, I think the worm made the hole, how they got there I don’t know.
Okay I now understand, what you can simply do, is to apply Vaseline cream on the site or unconventionally you can use palm oil, it would suffocate the worm and force them to come out, then you can back up with the multivitamins I prescribed above. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Ungodly: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2022
seunH:
Okay I now understand, what you can simply do, is to apply Vaseline cream on the site or unconventionally you can use palm oil, it would suffocate the worm and force them to come out, then you can back up with the multivitamins I prescribed above. I'll be on standby
Thank you sir, God bless you doc.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Taiwotasungo: 7:18am On Jun 05, 2022
Hello doc I need your advise on this, I have 6 dogs and all of a sudden they started getting lean and they eat well drink water and all but get lean to the extent you can see their ribs, I gave them antibiotics and blood tonic still same now 2 died. My vet said it’s a kind of virus with no cure so I’m confused please help
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2022
Taiwotasungo:
Hello doc I need your advise on this, I have 6 dogs and all of a sudden they started getting lean and they eat well drink water and all but get lean to the extent you can see their ribs, I gave them antibiotics and blood tonic still same now 2 died. My vet said it’s a kind of virus with no cure so I’m confused please help
Good morning sir, and im so sorry for what happened. Have they been dewormed sir?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Austineperez(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2022
Hello Dr. please how do I deworm my dog. She does not eat all her food. What should I do please
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
Austineperez:
Hello Dr. please how do I deworm my dog. She does not eat all her food. What should I do please
Good evening sir, visit any vet pharmacy and ask for a very good dewormer, it's usually in oral form then administer based on guideline of the manufacturer. Illl be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walexz02(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2022
Ungodly:
Thank you sir, God bless you doc.
I think that is miasis . Find time, sit your dog down and remove those things one by one, force them out . Caress the dogs body there are tiny ones that are hard to find.
Doctor Seun is on standby for further questions
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Taiwotasungo: 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
seunH:
Good morning sir, and im so sorry for what happened. Have they been dewormed sir?

Yes like I said my vet do give them injection deworming and anti rabies so I don’t know if it works but I think with your question I will get worm med tablet or syrup thanks. But can worms make dogs lean that much ??
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
Taiwotasungo:

Yes like I said my vet do give them injection deworming and anti rabies so I don’t know if it works but I think with your question I will get worm med tablet or syrup thanks. But can worms make dogs lean that much ??
Yes sir, it's a possibility
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Taiwotasungo: 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2022
Okay thanks I will give the worm
Tablet and it’s just once ?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Anyadee: 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2022
Got a puppy last week,the puppy is currently 5 weeks and a few days old. Since I got her, she's not eating unless being forced fed which I do lately, not even the booster canned food I bought,milk nothing at all. A vet prescribed a furafolsamin and albendazole for deworming... I've done that for 3 days now no improvement, took the puppy to the vet today for physical examination...he said I should continue with the drugs, it will improve because I wanted to vaccinate Zoe but the vet said since shesnt eating it's not advisable to vaccinate.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anyadee:
Got a puppy last week,the puppy is currently 5 weeks and a few days old. Since I got her, she's not eating unless being forced fed which I do lately, not even the booster canned food I bought,milk nothing at all. A vet prescribed a furafolsamin and albendazole for deworming... I've done that for 3 days now no improvement, took the puppy to the vet today for physical examination...he said I should continue with the drugs, it will improve because I wanted to vaccinate Zoe but the vet said since shesnt eating it's not advisable to vaccinate.
Is she on any multivitamin supplement?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
Taiwotasungo:
Okay thanks I will give the worm
Tablet and it’s just once ?
Yes sir, depending on the manufacturer's instruction
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Anyadee: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
No
seunH:
Is she on any multivitamin supplement?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anyadee:
No
Okay sir, please get her vit C and B complex, while you follow the instructions of your Vet. Let's watch out for improvement, I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by priestcharm(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Anyadee:
Got a puppy last week,the puppy is currently 5 weeks and a few days old. Since I got her, she's not eating unless being forced fed which I do lately, not even the booster canned food I bought,milk nothing at all. A vet prescribed a furafolsamin and albendazole for deworming... I've done that for 3 days now no improvement, took the puppy to the vet today for physical examination...he said I should continue with the drugs, it will
improve because I wanted to vaccinate Zoe but the vet said since shesnt eating it's not advisable to vaccinate.
5 weeks old puppy is way too young to adopt or buy. I am not a doctor but the puppy is still meant to be with the mother.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by harmargedon: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
Please doc, what could be the cause of this on my dogs legs

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
harmargedon:
Please doc, what could be the cause of this on my dogs legs
Many things sir, but can you give a brief history of the condition
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by harmargedon: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
seunH:
Many things sir, but can you give a brief history of the condition
I just noticed it today. Although I recently moved into a new apartment.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:14am On Jun 25, 2022
harmargedon:
I just noticed it today. Although I recently moved into a new apartment.
Send me a DM, I'll prescribe something to you. While we try to identify the source of inflammation
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good evening sir, I expected your dm but didn't see it. All the same I hope your pet is fine and all is well. I just said I should do my routine check-up
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Dogworlds: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2022
Doc I have a female gsd pup she hardly eat from 2month till now she is almost 6 month I have taken her to 2different state for check up but all vets says she is OK, and she is looking lean because of that
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:55am On Jul 14, 2022
Dogworlds:
Doc I have a female gsd pup she hardly eat from 2month till now she is almost 6 month I have taken her to 2different state for check up but all vets says she is OK, and she is looking lean because of that
Good morning sir. First of all, has she been dewormed? If she hasn't then do so asap. Then secondly ensure there is tick, mites and flea free. You can get Fipronil spray for that.
Finally get multivitamin especially Vitamin C and B complex. Administer regularly, hopefully you would see improvement. Once improvement is seen, start by feeding her with her favorite food. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by cybriz82(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2022
Got some question for u..but I will like to chat with u privately so I cn explain n show u some pics..but first what is the main cause of cherry eyes on dog..Cus I still want to believe this person" did something bad to my dog when I wasn't around Cus he doesn't like dog..my dog is a 3month old lahsa..came back from somewhere one morning n found out he cudnt see anymore.. A dog that was so full of energy d previous night before i left him n d said person at home...(neigbour) Took him to vet only for d Dr to tell me it cud b anything. But he doesn't knw what cause it. Duh he bill me 30k to operate d eyes...I paid but now my dog can only see with one eye...
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
cybriz82:
Got some question for u..but I will like to chat with u privately so I cn explain n show u some pics..but first what is the main cause of cherry eyes on dog..Cus I still want to believe this person" did something bad to my dog when I wasn't around Cus he doesn't like dog..my dog is a 3month old lahsa..came back from somewhere one morning n found out he cudnt see anymore.. A dog that was so full of energy d previous night before i left him n d said person at home...(neigbour) Took him to vet only for d Dr to tell me it cud b anything. But he doesn't knw what cause it. Duh he bill me 30k to operate d eyes...I paid but now my dog can only see with one eye...
Im so sorry about what happened, you can DM, I'll send you my number
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kenniefawole(m): 7:53am On Jul 16, 2022
Hello Dr Seun , so my Eskimo is over 1 yr 6 months now , she came on her first heat at 10th months , since then she hasn’t come on her second heat , over 8 month since her last heat period . Is everything okay ? It is still normal ? is there any drug or thing to do ?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Dogworlds: 9:45am On Jul 17, 2022
seunH:
Good morning sir. First of all, has she been dewormed? If she hasn't then do so asap. Then secondly ensure there is tick, mites and flea free. You can get Fipronil spray for that.
Finally get multivitamin especially Vitamin C and B complex. Administer regularly, hopefully you would see improvement. Once improvement is seen, start by feeding her with her favorite food. I'll be on standby
She has been like that since I got her when she was 2 month old always deworm and now it looks as if her height is kinda stunded she is a female gsd and now she is 6 month old height is 19¼ I do give her B complex everyday
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:08am On Jul 17, 2022
Dogworlds:

She has been like that since I got her when she was 2 month old always deworm and now it looks as if her height is kinda stunded she is a female gsd and now she is 6 month old height is 19¼ I do give her B complex everyday
DM me
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2022
kenniefawole:
Hello Dr Seun , so my Eskimo is over 1 yr 6 months now , she came on her first heat at 10th months , since then she hasn’t come on her second heat , over 8 month since her last heat period . Is everything okay ? It is still normal ? is there any drug or thing to do ?
I would advise sir, you take her for test, so that they will check her hormones and may begin hormonal therapy on her. Update me as events unfolds, I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Phenom1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. I sincerely appreciate this trend, God bless you all for your hearty contributions.

I have a female gsd that was bred. It's 3 weeks after the last breeding and I see no sign of pregnancy.

Please, I'd like to know, how do I tell if my dam is pregnant?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (52) (Reply)

Video - Dog Attacks Owner With Cutlass / Python Almost Strangled Indian Man To Death While Taking Selfie With It (Photos) / Indian Man Spent 72 Hours With 72 Venomous Snakes To Prove A Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.