Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67270 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walekennel: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
Sweet boy available
Affordable
Portharcourt
*Sorry fr posting here *

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by ttummee: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
My American Eskimo is shedding really bad. She’s 1yr 8months old . What can be done?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by pufframmy: 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2022
my dog finally comes on heat on sunday making it one year after the first heat

seunH:
You can give him calcium supplements and biscuit bone, it's very okay
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
pufframmy:
my dog finally comes on heat on sunday making it one year after the first heat

Waow, great to hear, nice one
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by pufframmy: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2022
thanks Doctor

seunH:
Waow, great to hear, nice one
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:30am On Nov 10, 2022
pufframmy:
thanks Doctor

You're welcome, please be my guest anytime
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Irises(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2022
Got a new kitty. It's about 3 weeks old.it has refused to drink milk or eat. And I've not even seen it urinate or excrete. It's almost 24 hours
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2022
Irises:
Got a new kitty. It's about 3 weeks old.it has refused to drink milk or eat. And I've not even seen it urinate or excrete. It's almost 24 hours
Good afternoon sir, since it's a new kitty, I'll strongly advise you take her to a Vet clinic for thorough examination and vaccination. Then subsequently you'll be guided. I suggest you do that ASAP. I'll be on standby for further guidance once you've gotten there.

2 Likes

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by adebayoggt(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2022
Hello Doc,
Please I just got a boerboel puppy 7 weeks old. The last dog I owned was Gsd Alsatian.I got it at 8weeks and I had a good vet around me then. A good companion well vaccinated by the vet and lost it due to old age about four years ago.
Now I'm in a semi remote location a developing site.
Just got the boerboel puppy. I need your advice. I know it needs to get DHLPP vaccination.
Feeding boiled eggs, boiled chicken not seasoned. Sometimes I do mix with boiled rice without salt. boiled potato and boiled egg.
Adding cod liver oil to it's food every morning.
It was dewormed before I picked it.
I use to apply palmoil to my GSD meal then. Can I do doing same with the boerboel?
Need further advice on feeding, vaccination etc.
Also bathing

Thanks in advance
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Delsonxr: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2022
Good day..... Please I got a female Boerboel puppy of 3weeks, it was thiny. Now it 6weeks still thiny but growing in height and length abit, but not adding weight. She is a picky eater, a most one for that mater..... She refuse taking wet dog can food nor dog dry food.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:23am On Nov 26, 2022
adebayoggt:
Hello Doc,
Please I just got a boerboel puppy 7 weeks old. The last dog I owned was Gsd Alsatian.I got it at 8weeks and I had a good vet around me then. A good companion well vaccinated by the vet and lost it due to old age about four years ago.
Now I'm in a semi remote location a developing site.
Just got the boerboel puppy. I need your advice. I know it needs to get DHLPP vaccination.
Feeding boiled eggs, boiled chicken not seasoned. Sometimes I do mix with boiled rice without salt. boiled potato and boiled egg.
Adding cod liver oil to it's food every morning.
It was dewormed before I picked it.
I use to apply palmoil to my GSD meal then. Can I do doing same with the boerboel?
Need further advice on feeding, vaccination etc.
Also bathing

Thanks in advance
Good morning sir, you've done well sir, just continue and ensure
you give food rich in protein especially boneless beef. Ensure you take her to the clinic for complete check up and ensure her vaccination is up to date. You would be advised on the bathing at the clinic after thorough physical examination

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:25am On Nov 26, 2022
Delsonxr:
Good day..... Please I got a female Boerboel puppy of 3weeks, it was thiny. Now it 6weeks still thiny but growing in height and length abit, but not adding weight. She is a picky eater, a most one for that mater..... She refuse taking wet dog can food nor dog dry food.
Good morning sir, let's place her on Vitamin C and B complex for 3 days. Vitamin C, 3 times a day, B complex once a day. I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Delsonxr: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2022
seunH:
Good morning sir, let's place her on Vitamin C and B complex for 3 days. Vitamin C, 3 times a day, B complex once a day. I'll be on standby

Good evening sir, thanks for the response.... I'm so glad for the response. I have been giving her B complex everyday but 4 tablet and cod liver oil and I don't give her food in time so she would be more hungry to eat. I was suppose to feed her four times a day but cause of her picky eating, I reduced to 3 times a day so she would eat what I give to her.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by africo13610(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2022
Hello everyone….my dog is having this blood sucking rodent on her body,can anyone tell me what to do about it.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Delsonxr: 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
africo13610:
Hello everyone….my dog is having this blood sucking rodent on her body,can anyone tell me what to do about it.
It not rodent but insect ..... The use of Bio-Finil , would help get rid of those insects. Flea repellent shampoo or for adult doganti- flea collar can be use to get rid of those blood sucking little demons.

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Are there contraceptives for female cats?

Because my cat gave birth in August and I gave away the kittens, and I don't want anymore cats in the house.

The two that I already have are enough for me.
seunH:
Hi guys, this thread was created to answer any question relating to your animal health, be it pet or livestock and also enlighten the public about the veterinary profession generally especially for those seeking a career in the veterinary profession. Please feel free to send your questions and hopefully you will get your answers asap. Occasionally we would invite senior consultants to shed light on knotty issues. Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Chibaba247(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
I intend buying this dog, pls is this a good breed? I have not own a dog b4

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Samantha123:
Are there contraceptives for female cats?

Because my cat gave birth in August and I gave away the kittens, and I don't want anymore cats in the house.

The two that I already have are enough for me.
Good afternoon ma, there is ma, but it's better you go for spaying. it's permanent and won't give you stress anymore
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okay, thank you.
seunH:
Good afternoon ma, there is ma, but it's better you go for spaying. it's permanent and won't give you stress anymore
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by samistry(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2022
Good morning. My dog poos all over his cage. I started chaining him outside the cage and stopped feeding him in the evening yet he still messes the cage up. He also doesn't bark at people, please how do I make him security conscious?

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Amaron101: 2:40am On Dec 04, 2022
Hello good morning doctor, please my lhasa just gave birth about a week ago, since them she’s been panting and breathing heavily while breasting and even at rest and she’s also having muscle spasms while breastfeeding, i read that it could be eclampsia now I’m so scared, why can i do please?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kingdaddie1: 7:23am On Dec 04, 2022
my local dog have been vomiting,passing watery stool and refusing to eat.i have treated it but it did not go,help please
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
Amaron101:
Hello good morning doctor, please my lhasa just gave birth about a week ago, since them she’s been panting and breathing heavily while breasting and even at rest and she’s also having muscle spasms while breastfeeding, i read that it could be eclampsia now I’m so scared, why can i do please?
Good afternoon sir, I'm so sorry for the delay. You need to prepare to take her to the Vet clinic ASAP, meanwhile keep her hydrated and warm. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2022
kingdaddie1:
my local dog have been vomiting,passing watery stool and refusing to eat.i have treated it but it did not go,help please
Good afternoon sir, so sorry for the delay. Get him Diastop (Novax) and follow the manufacturer's instruction. Meanwhile keep him hydrated and prepare to him to the Vet clinic
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2022
samistry:
Good morning. My dog poos all over his cage. I started chaining him outside the cage and stopped feeding him in the evening yet he still messes the cage up. He also doesn't bark at people, please how do I make him security conscious?
Good afternoon sir, sorry for the delay. Confirm from the breeder who sold the dog to you, the temperament of his parents inorder to rule out genetic relationship. After that continue to keep her away from people, reduce playfulness with your dog and finally take him to the Vet for check up
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Amaron101: 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2022
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, I'm so sorry for the delay. You need to prepare to take her to the Vet clinic ASAP, meanwhile keep her hydrated and warm. I'll be on standby

I already told the vet here, he gave me tab containing yeast and vitamins to keep her on, and said i should monitor the breastfeeding so the pups dont suck her too much, idk if that would be sufficient or I’d have to step in and get her calcium supplements, I’m just scared cus i dont want her to die as i read that this could get fatal
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kingdaddie1: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2022
seunH:
Good afternoon sir, so sorry for the delay. Get him Diastop (Novax) and follow the manufacturer's instruction. Meanwhile keep him hydrated and prepare to him to the Vet clinic
Thanks,but it is too late
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2022
Amaron101:

I already told the vet here, he gave me tab containing yeast and vitamins to keep her on, and said i should monitor the breastfeeding so the pups dont suck her too much, idk if that would be sufficient or I’d have to step in and get her calcium supplements, I’m just scared cus i dont want her to die as i read that this could get fatal
Put your mind at rest, it's gonna be fine
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by dakom92(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
I took my 8 puppies for vaccine(dphh) @ecwa vet clinic Jos for the first dose of the vaccine 2 died within the week .... the second dose 5 died I kept complaining to the vet surgeon and he kept mute...he couldn't.... Since then I felt discouraged to take the last one for dphh vaccine.....
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2022
dakom92:
I took my 8 puppies for vaccine(dphh) @ecwa vet clinic Jos for the first dose of the vaccine 2 died within the week .... the second dose 5 died I kept complaining to the vet surgeon and he kept mute...he couldn't.... Since then I felt discouraged to take the last one for dphh vaccine.....
He kept mute?? And didn't say anything? It possible he is a quack. Please don't take your pet there again. Go to unijos Veterinary teaching hospital. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Jacksparrow7(m): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2022
My rabbit is ill. She hasn't eaten for about 2 days. Yesterday she couldn't move and her breathing was bad. Today the sign of breathing worst. Please help, she gave birth 2 weeks ago.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Franslobi: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
Good evening Doc.
My 3 months old eskimo sheds alot.
Could this be an underlining symptom of a diesease.
Also, she is having flatulence( i gave her a mixture of milk and raw egg with lil can food) , what can i give her to make her feel better?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (52) (Reply)

Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today / Dog Rescued From A Python Snake In Edo State (graphic Video) / How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.