Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,290 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67414 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2022
Jacksparrow7:
My rabbit is ill. She hasn't eaten for about 2 days. Yesterday she couldn't move and her breathing was bad. Today the sign of breathing worst. Please help, she gave birth 2 weeks ago.
Good morning sir, please keep her warm and prepare to take her to the Vet asap
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2022
Franslobi:
Good evening Doc.
My 3 months old eskimo sheds alot.
Could this be an underlining symptom of a diesease.
Also, she is having flatulence( i gave her a mixture of milk and raw egg with lil can food) , what can i give her to make her feel better?.
Good morning sir, are you observing any symptoms sir? Aside the flatulence
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by goldhn(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
I have a pure breed Caucasian dog. She is 6months old now but oh God this dog is very dull and has no atom of aggressiveness in her . I mean the other day a friend came with his Eskimo and my dog was beaten blue black by this small dog. Even there was a day I took the dog for a walk and was chased by a German Shepard along with my Dog. Lol. What can I do to make this dog aggressive. Even it’s just a little. I have heard talk about giving her Indian hemp or alcohol. Are this advisable?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
goldhn:
I have a pure breed Caucasian dog. She is 6months old now but oh God this dog is very dull and has no atom of aggressiveness in her . I mean the other day a friend came with his Eskimo and my dog was beaten blue black by this small dog. Even there was a day I took the dog for a walk and was chased by a German Shepard along with my Dog. Lol. What can I do to make this dog aggressive. Even it’s just a little. I have heard talk about giving her Indian hemp or alcohol. Are this advisable?
Good afternoon sir, Don't give her Indian hemp please. Reduce play around her and keep her in her cage with little human interaction. If her meekness is not genetic, she would change

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Mozenge1: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
Good evening Dr

My dog howls frequently these days,which she hardly do
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mozenge1:
Good evening Dr

My dog howls frequently these days,which she hardly do
It's normal, provided you are not observing any symptoms. It's part of their means of communication

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by dakom92(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Morning doc please....is it possible to fumigate my house against parvo....if yes what can I use
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
dakom92:
Morning doc please....is it possible to fumigate my house against parvo....if yes what can I use
It's very possible, get to a pesticide shop and look for a very strong disinfectant, they will guide you

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Mozenge1: 2:35am On Dec 17, 2022
seunH:
It's normal, provided you are not observing any symptoms. It's part of their means of communication

Thank you Dr
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Delsonxr: 9:04am On Dec 17, 2022
Good morning, my 2 months boerboel pup is still not eating. I have given her the medication your prescribed the last time. She was eating abit while I was in port Harcourt, but I recently moved with her to Delta state and now she has gotten worst. I took her to the vet and I was given boaster to make her eat but to no avail, though she is still on the boaster but her eating is not encouraging and so is her size �. I even brought apetatmin, which made her sleep and eat just for that day. She has added little height but is till too thin. Her sister from same liter is way bigger than she is .... Pls I need help pls �����
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2022
Delsonxr:
Good morning, my 2 months boerboel pup is still not eating. I have given her the medication your prescribed the last time. She was eating abit while I was in port Harcourt, but I recently moved with her to Delta state and now she has gotten worst. I took her to the vet and I was given boaster to make her eat but to no avail, though she is still on the boaster but her eating is not encouraging and so is her size �. I even brought apetatmin, which made her sleep and eat just for that day. She has added little height but is till too thin. Her sister from same liter is way bigger than she is .... Pls I need help pls �����
I'm so sorry for everything sir, has she been dewormed?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by dakom92(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2022
Please doc can you create a WhatsApp group���

2 Likes

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by deltalife(m): 4:46am On Dec 18, 2022
My with with 7puppies of just two weeks is having cough and has infected the puppies and now they are dying one after another. Pls is there any suggestions or remedies you can help me with
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2022
deltalife:
My with with 7puppies of just two weeks is having cough and has infected the puppies and now they are dying one after another. Pls is there any suggestions or remedies you can help me with
Administer vitamins especially Vitamin C and take her to a Vet clinic asap

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by deltalife(m): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
seunH:
Administer vitamins especially Vitamin C and take her to a Vet clinic asap

Okay thank you for swift response
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Olly4miracle(m): 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
Pls Doc, my Boerboel of 1 yr plus developed a very bloated, big and heavy tummy recently and it could hardly walk around and eat and its loosing weight. What should i do
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Delsonxr: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2022
Yes I have dewormed her....she is getting taller but not adding weight. And she is so lean.
seunH:
I'm so sorry for everything sir, has she been dewormed?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:42am On Dec 19, 2022
Delsonxr:
Yes I have dewormed her....she is getting taller but not adding weight. And she is so lean.
Sincerely I still suspect worm infestation, but check her skin, do you observe ticks or mites?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Chibaba247(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2022
Pls how best do I handle tick on my dog? A 4 months old GSD.Good morning
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Delsonxr: 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
When I got her when she was 3weeks old she had alot of ticks or mites on her but I got stuffs that got rid of them all. There is no more ticks on her.
I will try deworming her.
seunH:
Sincerely I still suspect worm infestation, but check her skin, do you observe ticks or mites?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by santicruz: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2022
Good morning Dr
I am so unhappy now, my dog delivered 4 puppies yesterday evening. I noticed something sticking out on her vulva, initially I tot it was placenta but it's getting bigger looking like inner body is coming out, I really need help.
I love that dog alot. I don't know any good vet dr
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
santicruz:
Good morning Dr
I am so unhappy now, my dog delivered 4 puppies yesterday evening. I noticed something sticking out on her vulva, initially I tot it was placenta but it's getting bigger looking like inner body is coming out, I really need help.
I love that dog alot. I don't know any good vet dr
This might be prolapse sir, you'll need professional assistance. Where do you reside sir?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by AutomophixAkure(m): 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2023
Good day Doc. and happy new yr to all.
I took my 2 months plus female gsd for her second vaccination. Since yesterday, she has been dull; barely ate, but drinks lots of water.
Pls sir, what do you think is wrong? And what can I do for her?
Thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Greenkim(f): 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
Good day Dr , there is this trend of abdominal bloating in my rabbits which often kills them, i even took them to the vet nd he prescribed paraffin which didnt work.....pls what is you suspected diagnosis and perhaps a prescription....tnk you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2023
AutomophixAkure:
Good day Doc. and happy new yr to all.
I took my 2 months plus female gsd for her second vaccination. Since yesterday, she has been dull; barely ate, but drinks lots of water.
Pls sir, what do you think is wrong? And what can I do for her?
Thanks
Administer multivitamins esp Vit C and B complex, keep her warm and prepare to return her to the Vet if her condition continues. I'll be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
Greenkim:
Good day Dr , there is this trend of abdominal bloating in my rabbits which often kills them, i even took them to the vet nd he prescribed paraffin which didnt work.....pls what is you suspected diagnosis and perhaps a prescription....tnk you
It's bloat in rabbit. I'll get back to you, let me contact my colleagues who are experts in that area

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Greenkim(f): 5:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
seunH:
It's bloat in rabbit. I'll get back to you, let me contact my colleagues who are experts in that area

Ok tnk you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by AutomophixAkure(m): 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2023
[quote author=seunH post=119606004] Administer multivitamins esp Vit C and B complex, keep her warm and prepare to return her to the Vet if her condition continues. I'll be on standby[/quote

Okay. I will do just that.
Pls is there a way I can get your contact sir, so we can chat on Whatsapp?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Leilami: 1:03am On Jan 02, 2023
Good Morning doctor.
Please my Gsd is ill. Her eyes looks pale.
She hasn't been eating for the past three days only showing an excessive thirst for water which after she drinks she throws up.
She is lethargic, losing weight and seems drowsy. Her vomit is of a whitish-foamy texture. It is a small quantity though considering she has no food in her stomach.

Please what can we do to stop the vomiting and make her eat because she has started losing weight and didn't even bark throughout the day?

She is a year old.

Thanks.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2023
Leilami:
Good Morning doctor.
Please my Gsd is ill. Her eyes looks pale.
She hasn't been eating for the past three days only showing an excessive thirst for water which after she drinks she throws up.
She is lethargic, losing weight and seems drowsy. Her vomit is of a whitish-foamy texture. It is a small quantity though considering she has no food in her stomach.

Please what can we do to stop the vomiting and make her eat because she has started losing weight and didn't even bark throughout the day?

She is a year old.

Thanks.
This is a serious issue, you need to take her to the vet clinic asap. Meanwhile, keep her warm and hydrated. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Leilami: 10:56am On Jan 02, 2023
seunH:
This is a serious issue, you need to take her to the vet clinic asap. Meanwhile, keep her warm and hydrated. I'll be on standby

Thank you.
But her vet has travelled for Christmas and is not yet back. And we were told not to give her water.

We gave her warm milk. Is that okay?

she licked for a little while but stopped.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
Leilami:

Thank you.
But her vet has travelled for Christmas and is not yet back. And we were told not to give her water.

We gave her warm milk. Is that okay?

she licked for a little while but stopped.
You can keep her hydrated with the warm milk

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (52) (Reply)

How Do I Make This Dog To Know Me & Not Attack Me? (Photo) / Dog Dies After Intercepting A Snake & Saving A Child (photos) / My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.