Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (67044 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2023
santicruz:
Good day Dr Seun,
My dog is loosing hair after child birth.
She is developing black skin discoloration.
She does scratch or have rashes.
Though new hair is coming out from the black skin. Please what can I do?
I'm so sorry sir, can you please share the pictures let me examine
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by santicruz: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
seunH:
I'm so sorry sir, can you please share the pictures let me examine

This is her picture.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
santicruz:

This is her picture.
I'm suspecting a severe case of dermatitis which can be due to ectoparasites like mites. Have you attempted to treat mange?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by santicruz: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2023
seunH:
I'm suspecting a severe case of dermatitis which can be due to ectoparasites like mites. Have you attempted to treat mange?

No sir, I took him to vet and he gave him Amoxil and a soap to bath her but no improvement. i bath her once a week and her puppy does not have it yet.
It started with her abdomen hot,reddish , peeled and wet after the administered her Amoxil it healed but the hair loss did not stop. please. what can i do to help her
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2023
santicruz:

No sir, I took him to vet and he gave him Amoxil and a soap to bath her but no improvement. i bath her once a week and her puppy does not have it yet.
It started with her abdomen hot,reddish , peeled and wet after the administered her Amoxil it healed but the hair loss did not stop. please. what can i do to help her
Have you tried Armitraz?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by santicruz: 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2023
seunH:
Have you tried Armitraz?

No Dr,
i have not tried it, please can i get it from a pharmacy and dosage
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2023
santicruz:

No Dr,
i have not tried it, please can i get it from a pharmacy and dosage
you can get it from a pet store or pest control store
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by xareal(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2023
Good evening doc..my puppies are dying..out of seven four are already dead..what could be the problem..they are two weeks old..can I deworm them now? If yes what kind of dewormer? Please reply me it's urgent help me save the remaining 3 sir cry
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by iconceo: 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
this is my new caucasian dog she is 6weeks , please rate her for me and i need tip on the monthly vaccination what and what i need to know about health feeding for her , i am still trying to find a vet here in my area in benin

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2023
iconceo:
this is my new caucasian dog she is 6weeks , please rate her for me and i need tip on the monthly vaccination what and what i need to know about health feeding for her , i am still trying to find a vet here in my area in benin
She seems okay. Go to the nearest vet clinic for proper check up, for the vaccination schedule, you can check this thread at the early part. Ill be on standby

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
Hello guys!
My Eskimo has been shedding a lot for a while now. No scratching or skin reaction or even mange. The skin is clean and no parasites. I even bath him with Amitraz once every 2 weeks. This is my first Eskimo dog he's over 8 months old. Is this shedding a thing for Eskimo dogs and when is it gonna stop please

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:25am On Apr 21, 2023
alexalexalex:
Hello guys!
My Eskimo has been shedding a lot for a while now. No scratching or skin reaction or even mange. The skin is clean and no parasites. I even bath him with Amitraz once every 2 weeks. This is my first Eskimo dog he's over 8 months old. Is this shedding a thing for Eskimo dogs and when is it gonna stop please
Are you observing any other symptoms
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by alexalexalex: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
seunH:
Are you observing any other symptoms

No other symptoms
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
alexalexalex:

No other symptoms
Put your mind at rest sir, it happens like that occasionally. It will subside, just place her on multivitamins with calcium supplement and keep her on observation for 3 days. I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Najdorf: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
What can someone do about an uncooperative dog? He isn't violent except he feels threatened but he refuses to be caged, bathed, leashed, does not allow us put on the mouth guard for him, refuses injections etc He will simply run away once he notices you trying to do any of these things. He is around 3 years old and he seems to have mastered the few tricks(e.g luring him with food) we would use to get him to do some of the above things.

I know this is partly due to how we raised him, but is there anything we can do at this point?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by yembabs231(m): 5:40am On Apr 23, 2023
My Dog has refused to eat since yesterday morning, also vomited something like saliva twice... What could be the cause and what can I give her? Urgent response needed pls
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by iconceo: 7:55am On Apr 23, 2023
Thanks guys for your contribution, i feed her with groundnuts, corn , and fish and chicken grinded and I cook for her daily , I found a good vet and she has taken her maintain shot for worm and others , the vaccine date is tomorrow , thanks all for your support I will upload the drugs given to her soon
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2023
yembabs231:
My Dog has refused to eat since yesterday morning, also vomited something like saliva twice... What could be the cause and what can I give her? Urgent response needed pls
Vet clinic straight up, meanwhile keep her warm and hydrated. Although I suspect poisoning. I'll be on standby when you get to the clinic
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2023
Najdorf:
What can someone do about an uncooperative dog? He isn't violent except he feels threatened but he refuses to be caged, bathed, leashed, does not allow us put on the mouth guard for him, refuses injections etc He will simply run away once he notices you trying to do any of these things. He is around 3 years old and he seems to have mastered the few tricks(e.g luring him with food) we would use to get him to do some of the above things.

I know this is partly due to how we raised him, but is there anything we can do at this point?
Reorientation and retraining is the solution for now
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Najdorf: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
seunH:
Reorientation and retraining is the solution for now
How do I go about this?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
Najdorf:

How do I go about this?
You'll need to get the services of an experienced dog trainer, he will guide you. I'll be on standby Incase of emergency
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Najdorf: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
seunH:
You'll need to get the services of an experienced dog trainer, he will guide you. I'll be on standby Incase of emergency
Ok thanks for the advice I appreciate.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by iconceo: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
What do you guys think about her medication and the doctor said I should use vanguard vaccine , how good is that compared to the one on the card that came with the puppy and what else should I get for my Caucasian puppy , she is full active and started backing since yesterday and being aggressive

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Walexz02(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2023
My beautiful Kiki whelped 2 male puppies . They are up for grab.
Age , 5 weeks
Location is Ibadan

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by pejuakinab: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
My dog is limping, I suspect he has injured himself probably with a mild fracture, pls what can I administer to speed up healing and is their any pain relief for dogs?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2023
pejuakinab:
My dog is limping, I suspect he has injured himself probably with a mild fracture, pls what can I administer to speed up healing and is their any pain relief for dogs?
Good nutrition and multivitamin supplement especially calcium. If pain is severe, get over the counter pain reliever from a pet pharmacy
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by pejuakinab: 8:33am On Apr 29, 2023
Thank you

seunH:
Good nutrition and multivitamin supplement especially calcium. If pain is severe, get over the counter pain reliever from a pet pharmacy
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by shaiguy(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please what could be responsible for this in my bull mastiff's eye?
How do I treat this?

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:59am On May 01, 2023
shaiguy:
Please what could be responsible for this in my bull mastiff's eye?
How do I treat this?
It's called cherry eye, it can be managed permanently by surgery. Although you can temporarily apply warm compress in order to replace the bulge (prolapse) to its normal location and also apply eye ointment.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 6:09am On May 03, 2023
seunH:
Put your mind at rest, with time it would come out. If you observe any emergency, call my attention
Yes sir it did come out later on
Thanks sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by odiagabros(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2023
seunH:
Hi guys, this thread was created to answer any question relating to your animal health, be it pet or livestock and also enlighten the public about the veterinary profession generally especially for those seeking a career in the veterinary profession. Please feel free to send your questions and hopefully you will get your answers asap. Occasionally we would invite senior consultants to shed light on knotty issues. Thank you

Good evening, my lhasa apso fell from a height, she has been limping for week, though I have been massaging the leg since, i did an xray today (pics attached). What can I do to remedy this situation, she is still limping and in pains

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:45pm On May 05, 2023
odiagabros:

Good evening, my lhasa apso fell from a height, she has been limping for week, though I have been massaging the leg since, i did an xray today (pics attached). What can I do to remedy this situation, she is still limping and in pains
I'm observing a fracture, can I please see the x ray report

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (52) (Reply)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Monkey Grabs A Girl's Clothe In The Zoo - Photo / Look At The Chameleon I Caught On My Way To The Hostel From Ball House Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.