Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,616 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo (22975 Views)

#ondodecide2020: Massive Turnout, Rowdiness At Idanre LG PIXS / FG To Construct Coastal Rail That Will Terminate In Onitsha / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Idanre Hills’ Post: Tajudeen Adefisoye Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Sanromeo(m): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2020
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, has restated his administration's plan to revitalise tourism in the state by building a cable car at Idanre Hills.

Governor Akeredolu stated this while responding to a twitter user who asked the Governor to build a cable car in Akure, the state capital.

In his tweets "Idanre first. The views of Idanre Hills from a cable car would be quite spectacular. It is a key piece of our tourism revitalization plans. #DevelopOndo".

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1224604954498912256?s=19

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Formularcr7: 10:50am On Feb 04, 2020
Good thought,start immediately

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by topmost1102(m): 10:52am On Feb 04, 2020
Will be so good

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by OndoFirstBorn(m): 10:53am On Feb 04, 2020
This can only come from a visionary leader. This is commendable, kudos to the Governor. It'll be breathtaking getting the views of the ancient city from a cable car.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Charleys: 10:55am On Feb 04, 2020
The first cable car project was in Calabar by Donald Duke but it was wasting money so the second governor (forgot his name) stopped it.

This is a white elephant project. It's only going to waste money, Electricity.. etc.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by joshjc(m): 10:57am On Feb 04, 2020
It's not the first cable car in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Sanromeo(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2020
Charleys:
The first cable car project was in Calabar by Donald Duke but it was wasting money so the second governor (forgot his name) stopped it.

This is a white elephant project.

Well this is different. This is not white elephant project. Idanre Hills is already a tourist centre. When this is done, it will add more beauty to Idanre and more tourist would want to go there to get a glimpse. Imagine how much the state will rake in from this. It will be mind-blowing.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Sonoyom(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2020
Obudu cattle ranch has a cable car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Sonoyom(m): 11:26am On Feb 04, 2020
Charleys:

This is a white elephant project. It's only going to waste money, Electricity.. etc.
First of all the cable car wasn't in Calabar but in Obudu cattle ranch, and secondly the project was completed and i have driven in it more than 10yrs ago. Before you make comments on public forums please try and get ur facts right.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Renforce: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hmmm... Don't worry sir. Just be pointing the hills to me from here. No need to enter the cars eh. My eyes are very sharp grin

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Emu4life(m): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
That will be nice.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Beyuponpin: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
Waiting patiently to see how this unfold

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by one1prax(m): 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
it will actually be good for tourism
Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by HallaDaTruth: 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
Charleys:

The calabar cable cars are still working. I was there this Christmas.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by lonelydora: 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
I can only enter this kind of thing if it is owned by private people. Nigeria government lacks maintenance culture.

They can build it, but will abandon it after sometime.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by emmabest2000(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
when his tenure expired , New governor will ban it grin

There was a kwontry shocked

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by DenreleDave(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
.. If properly harness, idanre hills can be constructed in a way that it will enter lagos directly.. Atleast, it can be a shortcut from ondo to Lagos since sanwo don ban bike and keke....

Guys pls, few weeks to my exam. Wat does it mean to see Buhari in dreams?

B4, I use to see Obama, trump, george Bush and I always hit first class but recently, I started seeing buhari..

Pls what is my fate?? No one is talking, Pls this is my life oo

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by b3llo(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
Aketi Baba... Deliver the cable car first before we can take your talk on "revitalising tourism serious"

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by AmazingDesigns: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
angry

It's the season of Love.
Let your designs also transmit that feeling today. Contact me for all your graphic design needs.

I'll be waiting.
Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Charmingrascal(m): 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
Charleys:

You mean cable car no longer work at Obudu cattle ranch? When was your last time there?

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by meum: 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
Let's think critically. Is the view of Idanre hills from a cable car our problem? Tourism with zero security. Hmmm undecided

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by solmus: 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
Akeredolu is on a league of his own very forward thinking
Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by austinepreshyus(m): 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
till next 70years....
Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by money121(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by FuckDaMods: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Nigeria, a place where maintenance culture is zero.
Make person no go hang for air or make the cable no go cut o.

13 Likes

Re: Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
that Idanre is quite beautiful o.

Wow.

And a cable car there? The view will be glorious.

But doesn't cable car run on electricity? undecided

Nigeria's Achilles heels

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abiodun Commissions 130 Housing Units In Ogun (Photos) / APC Crisis: President Buhari Seeks To Restore Peace As He Meets Amosun, Others / Aso Rock On Fire, As Buhari Faces DNA Test, To Prove He Is Not A Sudanese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.