Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

A Stitch In Time Saves Seventeen - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Stitch In Time Saves Seventeen (556 Views)

A Stitch In Time Saves Nine / SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates / White Man In Town (chapter Seventeen) The Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Stitch In Time Saves Seventeen by tk4rd: 11:59am On Feb 04, 2020
“A Stitch In Time Saves Nine”...
We all have heard it like that
But Please, can someone break this down LITERALLY for me..
“Nine” of What Exactly??
Nine Times?
Nine Stitches?
Nine Saves?
Nine Clothes?
Nine What Exactly??
And also, who counted the “whatever” and knew it was supposed to be Nine??
If you come here to tell me that it is a proverb, then you have to tell me which Nine exactly you were saving in the first place, before trying to explain to me what the proverb means.
Re: A Stitch In Time Saves Seventeen by tk4rd: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
Lalasticlala, please move to front page.
I wan learn this one today today.
Re: A Stitch In Time Saves Seventeen by Creeza(m): 1:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
Simplicity makes things easy. Usually when you make ten stitches, the brain can take that to be a round figure of multiple problems and their solutions. Lol! Did I just say “multiple problems?

Well, it goes this way: if you make a quick move to resolve a persisting problem you save yourself the trouble of having to make multiple attempts to correct one simple ‘hole’ ( problem). And prevent making “Ten stitches”

I hope your creative mind reasons with the sense in what I just wrote. #shalom
Re: A Stitch In Time Saves Seventeen by boyjo: 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
tk4rd:
“A Stitch In Time Saves Nine”...
We all have heard it like that
But Please, can someone break this down LITERALLY for me..
“Nine” of What Exactly??
Nine Times?
Nine Stitches?
Nine Saves?
Nine Clothes?
Nine What Exactly??
And also, who counted the “whatever” and knew it was supposed to be Nine??
If you come here to tell me that it is a proverb, then you have to tell me which Nine exactly you were saving in the first place, before trying to explain to me what the proverb means.
Hahaha, babes you are so funny.

1)
"Nine" because it rhymes with "time"
"Nine" because of the "nine lives' of a cat.

2)
Have you every heard of, "a cat with nine lives"?
Why should one die nine times simply because one can, when one can simply save the whole nine lives by a stitch just in time??!

See? grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Article Writer/copywriter Needed Urgently. / Why Are Opera News Writers So Inept? / Ten Personal Inspired Quotes By Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.