Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610242 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
Jotrade:
Thinkorswim
You see why I said I need a coach? I don't even understand what you talking about cry
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
OakPearl:
The following stocks are very good swing stocks now that several entertainment outfits are getting back to full operations gradually.

After a successful reopening of 100 locations nationwide, AMC is preparing to open more theatres with 170 more locations set to be opened today.
$AMC ($6.56)
$LYV - ($57.71)
$PLAY ($15.30)
AMC APRN CNK SIX waiting patiently
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
stokfrick:

Your point is good. But talking about profitability as a yardstick for upward/downward price movements- I have notice most US stocks rallying up have not even been profitable over some period of time and have been reporting -ive EPS. So what do u say?

Recall you asked for the fundamentals?
You can't discuss a business' fundamentals without it's profitability as a basic yardstick.

We all know the market can be irrational and usually prices in future values that's why you can't trade (short term) successfully using fundamentals alone.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
Where can I find the demo account sir? Is it a different app like trove

Its an account on the same Trove app. Download the app and sign up, you will automatically have some free funds($$$) for trading. That's called Demo or Virtual account. No need to fear when you loose the funds and you cannot withdraw when you make gains.

Using the Demo account will help you get acquainted with the app and trading in general.

Hope it helps.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2020
Bumiite:

Its an account on the same Trove app. Download the app and sign up, you will automatically have some free funds($$$) for trading. That's called Demo or Virtual account. No need to fear when you loose the funds and you cannot withdraw when you make gains.

Using the Demo account will help you get acquainted with the app and trading in general.

Hope it helps.
Thanks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Bumiite:

Hope it helps.

After signing up, you can easily switch between Demo and Live Account by simply clicking on Live button to switch to Demo account or clicking on Demo button to switch to Live account.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Tesla Testing a resistance level. If it eventually breaks that level(502.41)... egungun don enter express be that... grin

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tvegas(m): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
rentAcock:
I plan to sell my father's land, liquidate my savings account, take out a loan against my father's house .
Egungun be careful na express you dey go. grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by jmanity: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hello guys, I tried to open a Trading212 account and they are asking for bank statement. Do all the trading apps ask for bank statement as well?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
OakPearl:

Recall you asked for the fundamentals?
You can't discuss a business' fundamentals without it's profitability as a basic yardstick.

We all know the market can be irrational and usually prices in future values that's why you can't trade (short term) successfully using fundamentals alone.

Pls what card are using to fund Trading212 account via Gpay ?
Just got activated...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2020
My current swing position
AMC
CNK
SIX
EPZM
KPTI
APRV
DIS
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by babytoun: 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
Zagee:

You mean the same NSE that has been returning good turnovers. This life truely no balance oh

Good that you're reading.. grin

since the 2008/09 crash i have not gone near stocks ..
imagine someone that spent much of his savings on stocks like JAPAUL, Transacorp, Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental Bank, CI leasing (i still remember i bought this one for 17 naira in 2008 the whole estacode wey my office give me for a 3 weeks work outside 9ja) . i remember when someone said IGI was doing private placement and if we bought , we would gain at least 100% when they get listed publicly...... na so i carry money put ...up till today i no know wetin happen to the IGI.....

when snake bite person e go fear even millipede...... however our people say when woman pikin drown for river ...after crying na water she go still use wash her face ...that is why i am trying to give it a try again ...from a better informed position with money i can afford to lose

so now i am learning how to still do well even when the markets are down ...my purchases were purely based on rumours and pressure from stockbrokers..... i plan to take full responsibility this time with some help from pros here grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
@Oakpearl: how do you see BOXL, SE, NTDOY
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by horlajide: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
rentAcock:
I plan to sell my father's land, liquidate my savings account, take out a loan against my father's house and use my tuition money to buy tesla. I have done my research and I strongly believe tesla will go back to $2500 by Chrismas time. If I can raise N5 million and invest it all in tesla, I should have N25 million by Christmas. I'm about to become the richest person in my family and its all thanks to you people here.

I read this and wondered what could be fueling this excitement that is on steroids. So eager to talk about the anticipated movement and precise time (back to $2,500 before Christmas) but cleverly leaving out the “research”, which hopefully isn’t one of the thousand articles from a random analyst. I just kept saying to myself: Pump and Dump, thankfully you gave yourself away here

rentAcock:

Bro I know how ridiculous it sounds but I think I can pull it off. If more people also think this way, the bubble will keep getting bigger and we will all make profit until the bubble pops.

I’m just worried about other enthusiastic newbies who might be misinformed stumbling upon your post. Bad enough Tesla’s level of volatility would make your post seem plausible. Baba If you dey Wall street, e don be be that o, small change you go even dey pump unquoted equity. Fear God Mr. “I must be the richest in my generation with N25 million”

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
Shorted $TSLA today and made decent profit.

Any way stocks move, money will be made.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2020
rentAcock:
I plan to sell my father's land, liquidate my savings account, take out a loan against my father's house and use my tuition money to buy tesla. I have done my research and I strongly believe tesla will go back to $2500 by Chrismas time. If I can raise N5 million and invest it all in tesla, I should have N25 million by Christmas. I'm about to become the richest person in my family and its all thanks to you people here.

Hope is not a strategy in stock investing.

Don’t get carried away by the hype it’s all part of stock business.

Do your due diligence.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by rentAcock(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
horlajide:

I read this and wondered what could be fueling this excitement that is on steroids. So eager to talk about the anticipated movement and precise time (back to $2,500 before Christmas) but cleverly leaving out the “research”, which hopefully isn’t one of the thousand articles from a random analyst. I just kept saying to myself: Pump and Dump, thankfully you gave yourself away here

I’m just worried about other enthusiastic newbies who might be misinformed stumbling upon your post. Bad enough Tesla’s level of volatility would make your post seem plausible. Baba If you dey Wall street, e don be be that o, small change you go even dey pump unquoted equity. Fear God Mr. “I must be the richest in my generation with N25 million”

Brother I no sure say my N5 million or even all of us money for this thread fit move the price of tesla with market cap of 416 billion dollars let alone pump it. But thank you and everyone else for the warning, you are all doing God's work. I don't want to derail the thread.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
These guys on social media gambling away their money

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2020
rentAcock:

Too risky

Are you in Tesla Management Board?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2020
Barrick Gold and Kroger must pay me las las
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2020
babytoun:

imagine someone that spent much of his savings on stocks like JAPAUL, Transacorp, Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental Bank, CI leasing (i still remember i bought this one for 17 naira in 2008 the whole estacode wey my office give me for a 3 weeks work outside 9ja) . i remember when someone said IGI was doing private placement and if we bought , we would gain at least 100% when they get listed publicly...... na so i carry money put ...up till today i no know wetin happen to the IGI.....

when snake bite person e go fear even millipede...... however our people say when woman pikin drown for river ...after crying na water she go still use wash her face ...that is why i am trying to give it a try again ...from a better informed position with money i can afford to lose

so now i am learning how to still do well even when the markets are down ...my purchases were purely based on rumours and pressure from stockbrokers..... i plan to take full responsibility this time with some help from pros here grin

I made some catastrophic mistakes in my early days. Started seriously trading in 2009, though I remember when I convinced my parents to buy Firstbank shares in 2007 which were selling at N22 I think! The big mistakes are trying to make money too quickly and not having a well-drilled "system" for taking a position.

Regarding being in a rush to make a killing, Buffett made a salient point that it's better to start down the slow and steady path as you can reap faster rewards in the long run (this is due to compound growth).

"Getting rich slow isn't actually slower," he said. "It's slower in year one, but it might be faster in year seven."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/warren-buffett-airbnb-brian-chesky-get-rich-slow-ipo-filing-2020-8-1029520058

I have been recommending to the "youngsters" here that beginners should have a preference for indexes but they don't want to hear grin There is a saying that stocks take the stairs when going up and the elevator when going down. Imagine watching your portfolio quadruple in a year and then see it halve in a few weeks of mad selling.

I have boiled down my rules to looking for good fundamentals: strong revenue and EPS growth, free cash flow, operating income, lowish price to earnings ratio (not significantly more than 30), etc. This website is quite good for checking these things: https://stockanalysis.com/

And then for technical analysis, I look for things like break outs from a trading range, the overall trend, and distance to the 200 daily simple moving average (SMA). If a stock is more than 20% above its 200 SMA, I am very reluctant to buy.

I deviate from the above rules for pure momentum trades like with Tesla, Workhorse or Plug. With this type, my position is 1/4 the normal size.

By the above rules, a lot of the popular stocks are currently overvalued so I have been reducing positions but still hold the following: Skyworks (SWKS), Rent-a-Centre (RCII), Biograd (BIO), Kirkland Gold (KL), Lam Research (LRCX), Revolve Group (RVLV) and a few others.

So as you can all see, despite my incessant admonitions to all and sundry that playing indexes is better in the long run than individual stocks, I can't resist the temptation to buy stocks grin

But in all seriousness, you should put most of your capital into indexes and start to move them gradually to stocks if you find you are consistently doing well in stocks in both bull and bear markets. This should be after at least 5 years!

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
rentAcock:

Bro I know how ridiculous it sounds but I think I can pull it off. If more people also think this way, the bubble will keep getting bigger and we will all make profit until the bubble pops.

Psycology play..good one grin.. but be careful.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zagee: 11:37pm On Sep 02, 2020
babytoun:

Wow... your history says alot..

Those annoying analogue brokers, but thank goodness for tech..

We move..
Good luck!!!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 1:01am On Sep 03, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
You see why I said I need a coach? I don't even understand what you talking about cry
start with YouTube
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Olalekank(m): 5:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Haven’t really seen Amazon mentioned a lot here

The price just keeps shooting up
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2020
We can not afford it grin but there’s a speculation that it’s going to split. So till then...
Olalekank:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 8:47am On Sep 03, 2020
Olalekank:

It’s mostly for dividend investors who are more concerned about stability of their portfolio. It’s not traders choice due to high price and low volume.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MissGoldenJewel(f): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2020
Hello everyone
I am new here. I just downloaded Chaka app. I really don't know how to fund it.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by hancock(m): 11:18am On Sep 03, 2020
It's going to be a red day guys. pre markets are not looking good
Brace up
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:57am On Sep 03, 2020
INVEST WITH THE INSIDERS- “SDC” (SMILE DIRECT CLUB)

One of the fairly risk free systems one can use to make profit in the market is to invest along with the insiders, especially the ones with track records of being able to time the market.

I love SDC as an insider buy because the trend is about to begin and we can see most of the directors buying heavily, including the Finance Head.

Let us mark the price as at to $9.80

Investing without a guide in the stock market can be a recipe for disaster. For more stock ideas, check our twitter page.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
Potential runner today, up 40% in premarket already
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-quantumscape-m-a-kensington-idUSKBN25U1JH
Ticker $kcac
It’s is backed by Bill Gates and Volkswagen
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
MissGoldenJewel:
Hello everyone
I am new here. I just downloaded Chaka app. I really don't know how to fund it.

Chaka can be funded by transfer from your bank account following the instructions on the app.
Avoid card payment as there is extra cost on using that option.

While going about funding your account, I advise that you study a lot about the market as well before committing your funds.

Develop a strategy, read up this thread for most of the knowledge shared here will be handy for you to make 're best investment decisions and then ask questions on the thread for guidance or direction.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.