Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (613975 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by civilserva: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2020
This is good discussing about this agents. This will bring out the best from them. It is all about healthy competition for the overall benefit of investors.

Continue your good work of investors enlightenment .
Always take out your time to answer questions from new investors. Such community service has its own reward.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tabuse20: 10:17am On Apr 20, 2020
CowbellY:

Are there dividend paying stocks on Bamboo ?

Sure, many. Most vanguard etfs pay dividends too.
OakPearl and some of the folks here have mentioned a few. It is important to note that because a good number of us can only afford fractional shares, the dividend units may seem small when it comes, but as you build i think it becomes subsantial. Information on US stocks is very available and accessible online, unlike our own stocks that sometimes it may seem difficult to properly monitor. Do a lot of reading and pick sound stocks across sectors you like. JNJ pays.NVDA too.

NOTE: please I am also learning so do your own due diligence. The ogas here may have better suggestions. Bamboo credits your dividend directly to your wallet. I am sure the others do the same too.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yemkaf(m): 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
OakPearl:

My brother, they are the only app I use.
They recently updated the app that now allows you to put a buy limit price so you don't over pay beyond what you would have wished to.

I communicate with them via phone and whatsapp as well.

I asked how I can get my dividends if I invest in dividend paying stocks and they assured that any stock you have that pays dividend, your dividend comes straight to your trading account from the registars.

That one sweet my bele though. grin
Sir how does one know the stock that pay dividend and the one that doesn't
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
yemkaf:

Google is your friend..type in " stocks that pay dividends in US" be ready to read...or go to www.dividend.com or www.suredividend.com

Some pay quarterly,other monthly,yet some pay bi-annually... few pay annually like what we have here in Nigeria
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
yemkaf:

Create a watchlist of stocks you intend to follow and invest in.
When you log on to any of the apps you trade with, tap a stock you are following and read up details of the company.
You will find their most recent financial summary stating dividends paid at what date and when their next earnings reports are coming out.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thetelz(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hello guys, I need help understanding placing orders.

Tried placing an order and got this, its 6:46pm WAT still within operating time of the market.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tomtom370: 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
With the historic slope in oil prices, what’s the market outlook for stocks investors?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ConcNiggress56(f): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Dear oakpearl, I want to buy my first stock ever..

But I realise no one is talking about US-"Hoil"..

My rationale: covid-19 has caused a lockdown which means those who have cars can't use them for now and PMS is not in demand.. so, after the lockdown is lifted, the stock will rise..

Buying now at $3.7 is safe because it will definitely go up later..

Is my rationale good enough? Should I give it a shot?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thetelz(m): 11:39am On Apr 21, 2020
ConcNiggress56:

My rationale: covid-19 has caused a lockdown which means those who have cars can't use them for now and PMS is not in demand.. so, after the lockdown is lifted, the stock will rise..

This is pretty insightful. I'm looking towards airlines and cruise ships as well
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by codeME: 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
thetelz:
Hello guys, I need help understanding placing orders.

Tried placing an order and got this, its 6:46pm WAT still within operating time of the market.
hello,
when it happens like this, it means the price has changed, most of the time, the stock you want to buy has increase or decrease in price so you may need to refresh or logout and login again and it will be fine. Hope this helps.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lucaschase(m): 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
OakPearl:

Create a watchlist of stocks you intend to follow and invest in.
When you log on to any of the apps you trade with, tap a stock you are following and read up details of the company.
You will find their most recent financial summary stating dividends paid at what date and when their next earnings reports are coming out.

Hi OakPearl, and all elders, please advise, if one is residing abroad, can one download any of Trove, Bamboo or Chaka, create a profile with your Nigerian account, BVN etc and use the Nigerian account for the purpose of trading, including gains and dividends.

I want to know how it works with those apps

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
ConcNiggress56:

Dear ConcNiggress56,
It's interesting to know you are about to make your first purchase. More heart warming for me is the obvious fact you are doing your homework.

I see beyond the letters in your words that you have the temperament of an investor.
This quality if put to good use, will fetch you excellent returns going forward.

Now on USO, as I type this, it is trading at an all time low of $2.40. Consequently, the fund just decided it has halted, saying it will change structure again as ETF is struggling to avoid collapse.
This is a result of the collapse of WTI to an unprecedent low in US history.

I would advise you stay action on USO for now and continue to monitor the developments until you see a concrete reason WTI is back on recovery path before you strike.

There will surely be a recovery but when that will happen is unknown just yet, so better to be safe first.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
lucaschase:

Hi OakPearl, and all elders, please advise, if one is residing abroad, can one download any of Trove, Bamboo or Chaka, create a profile with your Nigerian account, BVN etc and use the Nigerian account for the purpose of trading, including gains and dividends.

I want to know how it works with those apps

Thanks

Absolutely possible sir.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
thetelz:

This is pretty insightful. I'm looking towards airlines and cruise ships as well

Interestingly, those including the likes of USO as spotted by ConcNiggress56 will be the winners post-covid 19.
If one can get in as low as possible, that would be the koko.

A huge dose of patience is actually required afterwards to reap the rewards after life returns to normalcy around the world.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ConcNiggress56(f): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
OakPearl:

Dear ConcNiggress56,
It's interesting to know you are about to make your first purchase. More heart warming for me is the obvious fact you are doing your homework.

I see beyond the letters in your words that you have the temperament of an investor.
This quality if put to good use, will fetch you excellent returns going forward.

Now on USO, as I type this, it is trading at an all time low of $2.40. Consequently, the fund just decided it has halted, saying it will change structure again as ETF is struggling to avoid collapse.

I would advise you stay action on USO for now and continue to monitor the developments until you see a concrete reason WTI is back on recovery path before you strike.

There will surely be a recovery but when that will happen is unknown just yet, so better to be safe first.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for the kind words..

Do you have a WhatsApp group where you drop real time updates that I can join?

I have already added a few stocks on my wishlist and I am monitoring them.. but make trailer no go jam me as I am new to this stuff..

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thetelz(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
OakPearl:

Interestingly, those including the likes of USO as spotted by ConcNiggress56 will be the winners post-covid 19.
If one can get in as low as possible, that would be the koko.

A huge dose of patience is actually required afterwards to reap the rewards after life returns to normalcy around the world.

I'm really waiting for it to get lower and hop on it as soon as signs of lockdown would be lifted shows

I feel CCL woukd be cool as well, knowing Americans love to party and celebrations post covid would be mad.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thetelz(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
codeME:

hello,
when it happens like this, it means the price has changed, most of the time, the stock you want to buy has increase or decrease in price so you may need to refresh or logout and login again and it will be fine. Hope this helps.

Thanks bro
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thetelz(m): 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
kenneth6901:
Hello Gurus, I don't seem to get whats going on with "Chesapeake Energy" though I made complains to Bamboo's customer agent already but I wanna know if anyone experiencing such presently, I had 256 shares with them but two days ago, it reduced to 2 shares without sale from my end.... Please how much does a "CHK share worth now?

CHK naking its way back up, 19% today.

Feared going on yesterday and went for TUP which is ip just 4.85%. Slowly but surely hopefully
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
ConcNiggress56:

Thanks for the kind words..

Do you have a WhatsApp group where you drop real time updates that I can join?

I have already added a few stocks on my wishlist and I am monitoring them.. but make trailer no go jam me as I am new to this stuff..

I do not have a WhatsApp group and it is deliberate.
1. It will deny members of this forum the opportunity to keep learning from diverse resource persons who follow this thread.
Every question asked here that receives various correct answers helps members build their knowledge base of the US market and ultimately, their investment acumen.

2. It is prone to hackers thereby endangering the privacy and safety of members. (We just dealt with an incident in a Business Club WhatsApp group I belong to).

3. Am a very busy man who may not have the time required to spare on another group but still wants to share knowledge for the benefit of mankind.

9 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Etimnaic(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
OakPearl:

Dear ConcNiggress56,

I hope this helps.
Indeed, the market would make a recovery but it would take some time reach their previous resistance before the virus.

USO, just as you've said needs to be monitored. However, inverse ETF are the gainers in times as this. Owning to the fact that the increase when crude oil prices drop. Such as DTO and SCO, it had to be halted several times today. But I won't go in for long term on such ETFs except JIJO.

We wait here.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Miyachi: 12:54am On Apr 22, 2020
abuhusna1:
Has anyone ever used trove to buy local stock. How reliable are they cos they don't give cscs number so how do I trace my stock or get my dividends as I am thinking of converting my dollars to naira and buying local stock from them for the first time instead of sending the money back to my account and back to my local broker. Please share your experience if you have done business on local stock with them
I would advise that you open an account with one of the Nigerian stockbroking firms, I use Morgan Capital bit there are others. It'll save you a lot of headaches.
I used Chaka and the app leaves much to be desired. Although they open a CSCS account and handle your dividend payments (I think), their charges are quite on the high side - most especially if you're buying by limit as opposed to market order. USD direct deposit takes 1 day and you can't withdraw your funds immediately after selling (both foreign and local stocks). These are the quirks I've observed. I might try the others and write a comprehensive review in future.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bos24(m): 2:07am On Apr 22, 2020
Hello OP and everyone following this trend. i have been following this trend and would like to invest in US stocks but i will like to know how much can one start with that's in Naira. Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:12am On Apr 22, 2020
bos24:
Hello OP and everyone following this trend. i have been following this trend and would like to invest in US stocks but i will like to know how much can one start with that's in Naira. Thanks

I have no idea what the minimum limit is, but I know someone who started with $100 equivalent without restrictions.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bos24(m): 2:24am On Apr 22, 2020
OakPearl:

I have no idea what the minimum limit is, but I know someone who started with $100 equivalent without restrictions.

Thanks OP
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kizolala(m): 2:43am On Apr 22, 2020
Really impressive work everyone.
I did a bit of research into some categories of companies involved one way or the other in deploying the 5G. My research led me to the chip making company, Qualcomm. I bought few of their stocks.

What's your take on this, guys. Definitely, 5G will play a massive role post COVID and Qualcomm may not be left out.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 2:55am On Apr 22, 2020
1kinggy:

The run like a BDC, the spread is their cut. So you have to factor it into your trades' break even prices.
that's a long thing o
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2020
ConcNiggress56:

USO stock suffers from rollover risks so is a poor way to play a bounce in oil prices. As I understand it, the ETF needs to be rolled over at the expiration of the front month's (nearest month) futures contract.

For instance, the ETF will currently hold the June contract for WTI which they have to sell in May to purchase the July contract - if they don't sell, it means taking physical delivery of oil which they don't want. Come May when selling the June contract, they will be selling at lower prices than they bought the contract due to the supply glut whilst purchasing the more expensive July contract. Therefore, they are constantly buying high and selling low in a so called contango market.

Hopefully, someone here is a better explainer but it appears a no-go area for anyone betting on oil prices rising. Unless one is looking at a short-term bounce.

There is also an article that explains the USO stock problem: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4338311-betting-on-higher-oil-prices-uso-is-not-right-vehicle

Maybe consider Occidental Petroleum (OXY) to play a bounce as it looks poised to rise once the carnage in the oil markets stop. A better run oil company is Chevron (CVX), though that has risen quite a bit since its lows.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:52am On Apr 22, 2020
4Play:

USO stock suffers from rollover risks so is a poor way to play a bounce in oil prices. As I understand it, the ETF needs to be rolled over at the expiration of the front month's (nearest month) futures contract.

For instance, the ETF will currently hold the June contract for WTI which they have to sell in May to purchase the July contract - if they don't sell, it means taking physical delivery of oil which they don't want. Come May when selling the June contract, they will be selling at lower prices than they bought the contract due to the supply glut whilst purchasing the more expensive July contract. Therefore, they are constantly buying high and selling low in a so called contango market.

Hopefully, someone here is a better explainer but it appears a no-go area for anyone betting on oil prices rising. Unless one is looking at a short-term bounce.

There is also an article that explains the USO stock problem: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4338311-betting-on-higher-oil-prices-uso-is-not-right-vehicle

Maybe consider Occidental Petroleum (OXY) to play a bounce as it looks poised to rise once the carnage in the oil markets stop. A better run oil company is Chevron (CVX), though that has risen quite a bit since its lows.

Succinct!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tabuse20: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2020
4Play:

Very sound picks, 4Play. Given the present situation (covid, oil, looming global recession), what is your general outlook about the market? Obviously, one cannot time it, but it is also wise to observe trends too. Many portfolios are red, and stocks are available at a bargain too. But does one keep throwing in cash regardless? I also read about the possibility of US experiencing hyperinflation if their govt continues this money printing?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuabdullah: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2020
4Play:

Thanks 4play.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Uchefrancis16(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hello Wise one's

I am new to stock investing and have been looking for a way to invest in US stocks for God knows how long until fate brought me to this thread weeks back. The few things I've heard about the Nigerian stock market has made me understand there is a lot to it than an average man can understand. So its better to stay clear and move over to a market that is actually open and fair to everyone (US).

I have been reading and reading from page 1, coupled with a few research I've carried out on my own. I am really happy with what you bosses are doing here. You're saving souls without even knowing it.

I have successfully installed and set up the trove app. But my question is, for a long term investor, with intentions of cost averaging in monthly, bimonthly or quarterly, which stocks/companies will you suggest?

Which companies do you feel will come out strong from this corona, and live long post corona (for long term investors)? (By Long Term I mean 5, 10 or more years)

I know i am to do my own due diligence, but I just need pointers which will help push me in the right direction with my research.

There is no better time than now right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.