Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (620216 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
ukay2:

It depends on your waiting time....

Like l expect good performance from Canadian Pacific Railway plc (CP) from their recent merger with the Kansas city railway, l took position at $73, l am in for a very long-term time with the CP now.
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2023
henrimoto:

Pls. If one wants to benefit on the upward movement of a stock's price due to an upcoming impressive quarterly earnings report, When is the suitable time to take advantage ? Is it before the report date or after the report date ?

Cc: coputa
Yok
Ukay2

Generally, you are not advised to buy a stock when it is about 2 days to earnings date, as the expected result should have started to be priced in already. The best is to wait, let the result be out, then give like 2 days gap and use your indicators for entry. If it is a truly good earnings, uptrend should continue after the earnings release. A case in point is TSLA, current result is good, we should see the uptrend coming back soon, and our indicators should give us the timing for entry.

Above is the ideal situation.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2023
yok:

Generally, you are not advised to buy a stock when it is about 2 days to earnings date, as the expected result should have started to be priced in already. The best is to wait, let the result be out, then give like 2 days gap and use your indicators for entry. If it is a truly good earnings, uptrend should continue after the earnings release. A case in point is TSLA, current result is good, we should see the uptrend coming back soon, and our indicators should give us the timing for entry.

Above is the ideal situation.
Thank You! Sir.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by coputa(m): 8:15am On Jul 24, 2023
henrimoto:

Pls. If one wants to benefit on the upward movement of a stock's price due to an upcoming impressive quarterly earnings report, When is the suitable time to take advantage ? Is it before the report date or after the report date ?

Cc: coputa
Yok
Ukay2
If you believe the company will post strong earnings report and expect the stock to rise after the announcement then you could purchase the stock beforehand and vice versa.

If a company carries a high P/E ratio into a quarterly report,it will have to show a high growth rate in it earnings to keep it's stock price up.If it can deliver, it's stock price is likely to continue rising.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2023
coputa:
If you believe the company will post strong earnings report and expect the stock to rise after the announcement then you could purchase the stock beforehand and vice versa.

If a company carries a high P/E ratio into a quarterly report,it will have to show a high growth rate in it earnings to keep it's stock price up.If it can deliver, it's stock price is likely to continue rising.

Thank You! Sir.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
debosalau:

Is there a way around creating account with them?

Try these..if you dont mind their pricing

TradeZero
Choice Trade
LightSpeed

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by coputa(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
henrimoto:
Thank You! Sir.
What it translate to is that if a company post an impressive quarterly results,it must sustain it's growth for it's stock price to continue rising.

That's why some stocks price will continue to fall after posting a good quarterly results with good P/E rato, because they could not sustain it

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
coputa:
What it translate to is that if a company post an impressive quarterly results,it must sustain it's growth for it's stock price to continue rising.

That's why some stocks price will continue to fall after posting a good quarterly results with good P/E rato, because they could not sustain it
Oga coputa, thank you for your time. Take a look at these two stocks BLUE and PBYI, What can you say about them..

Help me here abeg, make I understand
something.. the present rating that is been given to BLUE , should be given to PBYI...

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
Willie2015:

Try these..if you dont mind their pricing

TradeZero
Choice Trade
LightSpeed
How does one fund from Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
henrimoto:
How does one fund from Nigeria ?

Google is your friend

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
ukay2:

Trading212 is quite a good platform...

They are paying daily interest on uninvested part of my balance...

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Elsueno:

I prefer physical but u can do it anyway u feel comfortable with, not much difference.
Okay, thanks.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ukay2: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
Willie2015:

They are paying daily interest on uninvested part of my balance...

Yes, really good

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by coputa(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
henrimoto:
Oga coputa, thank you for your time. Take a look at these two stocks BLUE and PBYI, What can you say about them..

something.. the present rating that is been given to BLUE , should be given to PBYI...
ok,let me check them

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2023
henrimoto:

I think is about SA- sentimental analysis. They have almost the same earnings but I think 52weeks high for BLUE is higher than that of PBYI. They are biotech stocks i like biotech stocks greatly. But look at FIXX my first buy was 0.94 added more again wt average cost of 1.01

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2023
aremso:

I think is about SA- sentimental analysis. They have almost the same earnings but I think 52weeks high for BLUE is higher than that of PBYI. They are biotech stocks i like biotech stocks greatly. But look at FIXX my first buy was 0.94 added more again wt average cost of 1.01
Oga Aremso, Is HLTH a biotech stock ?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2023
henrimoto:
Oga Aremso, Is HLTH a biotech stock ?

Yes. U can also check ;
FIXX
Tsha
HARP

Sorry just re checked again is a health stock but i think both biotech and Heath stocks are under the health sector

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2023
WE NEED TO KEEP THE RULE OF NOT LETTING ANY LOSS GET OUT OF HAND
If you want to know how important this rule is. Watch, if you have a stock that haclve lost 50 to 70% in your portfolio. It is as good as saying bye bye to your money.

I talk from experience, it was painful seeing one of the stocks in my portfolio gain, 30%, however my big loss made the 30% gain to look like an ordinary gain. So, byy any means possible the maximum loss we should tolerate should not be more than 20 to 25% no matter how much you love that stock!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2023
WHAT STOCK IS ON OUR RADDAR TODAY! OIL SECTOR?
One of the oil stock with good entry set up is PBR, let us even forget about the dividend.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2023
yok:
WE NEED TO KEEP THE RULE OF NOT LETTING ANY LOSS GET OUT OF HAND
If you want to know how important this rule is. Watch, if you have a stock that haclve lost 50 to 70% in your portfolio. It is as good as saying bye bye to your money.

I talk from experience, it was painful seeing one of the stocks in my portfolio gain, 30%, however my big loss made the 30% gain to look like an ordinary gain. So, byy any means possible the maximum loss we should tolerate should not be more than 20 to 25% no matter how much you love that stock!!!

Thanks bro. Many lost their seed capital by not working on their emotions and not been able to let go. That is why am fully diversified in my own ko way. Daily not all of them will be mad at the same time. Am selling a stock today at about 15% loss though i was skeptical about the stocks cos it didn't meet all my criteria and truly is performing negatively as I predicted before buying it. I will get back the 15% in another stock I will buy wt the money

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2023
THIS MARKET IS INTERESTING

We are playing this market with a strategy of full attack but making sure that our defence is not left empty. Today, we jumped back to the ticker AI (that is that AI c3). However, we sold a dividend paying stock (BCS) and we replace it back with QYLD.

Today we did all our trades at Chaka.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zegra: 10:32am On Jul 26, 2023
Hello good people!
Please is Afriprud a good buy at 6.50k for a holding period of 5 years?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by otomatic(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Zegra: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2023
otomatic:
Ask the Afriprud question on the NSEMPA thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick/7167

My bad ,thank you

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2023
@yok
Pls explain the difference between the after market hour price and premarket price.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 10:08am On Jul 27, 2023
Willie2015:

Try and use a VPN..
And give us a feedback...
I fund every month ...
Pls. How do I overcome the phone no. Section, when I use VPN on T212 ..will my Nigerian phone no. Work ,when I use VPN on T212. ?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Mich45: 10:19am On Jul 27, 2023
Hello gurus! A newbie in stock trading here.
I'd like to know if it's possible to make about 50k in a week in local stocks.
Let's say I buy 5,000 units of a stock at #30 (150,000) this week.

A week after the stock rises to #40 per unit. Is it a good idea to sell all the 5,000 units at #40 (200,000) to rake in the profits?

Is it something some of you do?

Thanks for your answer!

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
aremso:
@yok
Pls explain the difference between the after market hour price and premarket price.

Pre-market trading in stocks occurs from 4 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. EST, and after-hours trading on a day with a normal session takes place from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.3 ...

Simply like english- after market price is price after close of the trading day..... after 4pm EST time
after premarket price before opening of the trading day..... from 4am till market opens at 9.30am

Yesterday we bought MU, ECC all because of our indicator. Chinese stocks are waking up at the moment.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aremso(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
yok:

Pre-market trading in stocks occurs from 4 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. EST, and after-hours trading on a day with a normal session takes place from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.3 ...

Simply like english- after market price is price after close of the trading day..... after 4pm EST time
after premarket price before opening of the trading day..... from 4am till market opens at 9.30am

Yesterday we bought MU, ECC all because of our indicator. Chinese stocks are waking up at the moment.

Thanks bro, can everyone participate in both pre and after market hour trading
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
henrimoto:
Pls. How do I overcome the phone no. Section, when I use VPN on T212 ..will my Nigerian phone no. Work ,when I use VPN on T212. ?

They currently dont open accounts for Nigerians.
Try NAGA global
Be aware of the $250 dollar initial deposit
$3 per trade pricing
Funding is easier...Skrill..Neteller...Visa..Mastercard.. Naira too
Its a one shop store for forex, indices..crypto, stocks and copytrading

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
Well done to all guys investing and keeping on top. Let's keep going, soon we'll hit bulls eye🎯

God be with and for us all

PonziHater

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by henrimoto(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
Willie2015:

They currently dont open accounts for Nigerians.
Try NAGA global

Be aware of the $250 dollar initial deposit
$3 per trade pricing

Funding is easier...Skrill..Neteller...Visa..Mastercard.. Naira too
Its a one shop store for forex, indices..crypto, stocks and copytrading
pls. Explain more on the bolded...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (433) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.