Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,746 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (610559 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 3:07am On May 22, 2020
Pls my co-investors, is there option for buy or sell limit order on trove platform?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 5:57am On May 22, 2020
Alexandre7:

I already bought shares in DAL, LUV, UAL, and AAL.

I have also been reading up extensively on options and I want to diversify into options.

I see you're very experienced in options.

I was going through your posts on options and noticed sometimes you initiate a bullish spread.

i.e. For the Cisco Trade you initiated both a call & put simultaneously.

Does a bullish spread require you to initiate a call & put simultaneously?

Sorry bro, you may have quoted me in error.
YerYer is the options guru.
Cc: YerYer
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:13am On May 22, 2020
STOCK FOCUS: AstraZeneca (AZN $55.28)

AstraZeneca is the new vaccine flavor of the week. The U.S. government has agreed to a $1.2 billion deal to secure the supply of a potential vaccine as early as October.

I reviewed and saw their finances is in order and unlike most of these pharmaceutical firms, they are profit making and dividend paying.
With all the price crash storm that hit the market peaking in March, it only fell to around $36, proving to be amongst the most defensive stocks in its sector.

Watch as it makes higher highs shortly.

Expect shares of Moderna, Inovio and other vaccine makers to encounter more volatility ahead.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by jhoush109: 7:36am On May 22, 2020
You can buy fractionally on the bamboo by imputing the amount you want to buy when you select the stock of your choice

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 8:07am On May 22, 2020
mikol:

I don't have bamboo. I only have Trove, Etoro and Chaka. I am trying to see the platform with the least charges. What percentage do you pay when purchasing and selling of stocks using bamboo?
1.5%

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 10:13am On May 22, 2020
YerYer:

Wonderful perspective, I keep hearing AI and robots will take our jobs away from us, I might as well profit from the companies that take my job away. I'm not too verse in the robotics companies, do you mind mentioning some?
NVIDIA(NVDA)
IBM(IBM)
BAIDU(BIDU)
YEXT(YEXT)
AMAZON(AMZN)

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by debosalau(m): 11:05am On May 22, 2020
phantino:
Please is there any way we Nigerians can get on WEBULL or ROBINHOOD, this trove, Chala and bamboo are not for day traders. Or is there any platform where we can day trade and allows Nigerians register.

Kindly explain how WEBULL and ROBINHOOD works

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by phantino: 1:16pm On May 22, 2020
debosalau:

Kindly explain how WEBULL and ROBINHOOD works

Well they are trading platforms where you can instantly buy and sell stocks and also trade options. Compared to the nigerian platforms we have, those are more of investment platforms as they dont have instant execution and as many stocks as Webull and Robinhood.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:17pm On May 22, 2020
cj4humanity:

NVIDIA(NVDA)
IBM(IBM)
BAIDU(BIDU)
YEXT(YEXT)
AMAZON(AMZN)

Thanks bro. Some of these companies want to rule the world
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:18pm On May 22, 2020
OakPearl:
STOCK FOCUS: AstraZeneca (AZN $55.28)

AstraZeneca is the new vaccine flavor of the week. The U.S. government has agreed to a $1.2 billion deal to secure the supply of a potential vaccine as early as October.

I reviewed and saw their finances is in order and unlike most of these pharmaceutical firms, they are profit making and dividend paying.
With all the price crash storm that hit the market peaking in March, it only fell to around $36, proving to be amongst the most defensive stocks in its sector.

Watch as it makes higher highs shortly.

Expect shares of Moderna, Inovio and other vaccine makers to encounter more volatility ahead.

Will follow this one closely, thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2020
Alaska90:
Hello Guys,

I have been trying to open an account with TD Ameritrade online from UK where I am resident

But after filling in my personal details ( name, country, add in UK ), the application is stopped with message it cant process application from every country and that I

should call an account manager or something like that.

So I could not pass the address page of the application.

Please I don't know what to do because I thought UK is not blocked from applying

1. Please any suggestion on what to do?

2 . And secondly can I use a family address in US to register?......I have a US checking bank account link to this address in US

Can anybody help please

Thanks

You can open with Tradestation. I use them for my trading, no issues. You can use your UK address.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2020
Long weekend ahead with Memorial day celebrations. Even longer when you realise the NSE won't be opened until Wednesday. Time to review trading plans/strategy.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hottdawgg: 4:04pm On May 22, 2020
cj4humanity:

NVIDIA(NVDA)
IBM(IBM)
BAIDU(BIDU)
YEXT(YEXT)
AMAZON(AMZN)

No sign the party is stopping anytime soon on Nvidia. I regret not getting in early enough and heavily enough
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by victichy: 4:38pm On May 22, 2020
VFF (Village Farms International)

Nice volume!! At this price I think Vff Is undervalued, this is the best time to get in. I have been watching it and think its time to get in. Could be a >$30 in 12 - 18 moths!

Read>>

https://tolktalk.com/learn/cannabis-finance-village-farms-behemoth-making-2129a

Do your due diligence.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aiyemobola: 5:04pm On May 22, 2020
The best thing happening to me is to be part of this forum. I've missed a lot of opportunities that this forum has provided. But I'm happy I'm learning. Thanks a lot everyone on this forum

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 5:32pm On May 22, 2020
XSPA is tempting at the moment. But considering its lowest for the week, this might be a big gamble.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by naijaman0817(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=YerYer post=89812037]

Sir, I believe that's one of my screenshot from years ago.
That option trade on Cisco (CSCO) is known as a long straddle. That's when you buy calls and puts of the same strike price with different expiration dates. This strategy works best in stocks with increased volatility. Regardless of which direction the stock price moves, that strategy makes you money. However this strategy will not work on less volatile stocks, you will lose money.

Happy to hear you are reading about options. TD Ameritrade also has the ThinkorSwim platform, it is the gold standard for option traders and it's completely free for members. If you haven't already, download the software on your computer and phone. You can analyse an option trade before entering, the analyser will show you how much you set to gain or lose based on the projected movement of the stock

Vital information, is this ThinkorSwim platform available to their members only or can just anybody have access to it? You know Nigerian residents cannot register with Ameritrade.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 5:55pm On May 22, 2020
YerYer:

Thanks bro. Some of these companies want to rule the world
We key into the future dynasty then

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Rutherford2019: 8:35pm On May 22, 2020
I'm pleased with the forum as it is giving us market awareness
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:30pm On May 22, 2020
Who's on TQQQ?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DreManuel(m): 10:29pm On May 22, 2020
BTW...just read this book. I highly recommend it for beginners and experienced folks alike.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2020
thesilentone:

You can open with Tradestation. I use them for my trading, no issues. You can use your UK address.

Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ufotty2001: 11:32pm On May 22, 2020
Here I come I was looking for something like this
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 3:29am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=naijaman0817 post=89844864][/quote]

I doubt Nigerians have access to their Thinkorswim platform as you would've to be a td Ameritrade user to have access. Most of these foreign brokers and fintech companies have really shunned Nigeria but they will live to regret it. Nigeria has one of the youngest and largest English speaking demographic in the world. As access to the internet keeps getting cheaper, there will be more Nigerians online, so it really surprises me sometimes to see how much disregard these companies have for us. If they have any foresight, they should be heavily investing in the vibrant and educated Nigerian youths. If they are worried about scammers or what not, they should put in place means to mitigate that risk. Afterall nobody hacks and scams like Americans; if you find out the billions paypal, credit card companies and others lose to scammers every year, it will make 419 look like child's play. I know there might be more to this, but we have been shunned and ignored for way too long it doesn't even make sense anymore.

8 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2020
thesilentone:
Long weekend ahead with Memorial day celebrations. Even longer when you realise the NSE won't be opened until Wednesday. Time to review trading plans/strategy.
Yap bro but the memorial day is on Monday..Us stock market will open by 2:30 pm on Tuesday..

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hadsty23(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2020
ukay2:
Also bought Nokia. ....but at market price

The price limit prices all failed....have to use market price which am not happy

What'sare these bids/ask prices...not really tallying like what we have in NSE

Boss I'm a newbie here and I see you kick start sometimes ago and by now you'd have more idea and def. a guru.
Would you please carry me along from the grassroot. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 3:00pm On May 23, 2020
Please do not trade so often on these fintechs...you will lose money..you just end up making money for them. I think dividend investing is better with them....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2020
mercifull:
ACB price is rising so fast! shocked shocked And I wanted to sell today, now I'm not sure any more.
If you're in for a long term, and you got in when it was selling at a discount, don't bother to check price movements. Quote this response next year, if ACB does not deliver! When you buy into a company, don't just rely on charts/daily news/price movements, study the books and you'll find all the answers.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Fadajasi(m): 6:27pm On May 23, 2020
This is a good one

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
Well done bosses, I trade Nigeria stocks normally. I was able to open a Robinhood account with my ssn and bank account. I noticed someone uses robinhood here... please any help in learning how calls and puts work.. in trying to learn it to diversify. Thanks once again.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 10:37pm On May 23, 2020
seyisanya:
If you're in for a long term, and you got in when it was selling at a discount, don't bother to check price movements. Quote this response next year, if ACB does not deliver! When you buy into a company, don't just rely on charts/daily news/price movements, study the books and you'll find all the answers.
Hmm....... With over $400million in debt compared to $188million cash reserve can it still fly higher?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 11:32pm On May 23, 2020
arduino:

Hmm....... With over $400million in debt compared to $188million cash reserve can it still fly higher?
ACB is a stock that's only beginning to come out of the woods. Q3 earnings saw revenue growth of 35% compared to the previous quarter, and a significant reduction in debt. They also improved cash position to $230.2 million. And the acquisition of Reliva would be a strategic entry into the US CBD market from June 2020.

However, in my opinion, the stock is already selling at a premium but anyone who bought while it was selling at a discount does not need to check the price movements for now. It will perform moving forward!

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.