Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (611037 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
YerYer:

Solid stocks. I prefer RCL and BRKb though.
Thanks... I am still skeptical on Zoom, I feel it's over priced.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ufotty2001: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
Stock markets are full of day traders.... or...Market killers.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
afroxyz:

AAPL, GOOG

ok thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
ufotty2001:
Stock markets are full of day traders.... or...Market killers.

Bears need to.make.money
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
wamiikechukwu:
Hello guys

I wish to buy the following stocks

Berkshire Hathaway BRKb
Royal Caribbean cruise RCL
Zoom ZM (I am expecting a pull back on this)

Do you guys think it's a good idea... The technicals looks good though.

It depends on your risk profile.

If you are afraid of losing money, your best bet from the list Berkshire Hathaway. You can add MSFT and FB....however, your returns may be minimal in the short term but they are great for long term.

If you want quick profit, you can pick RCL (I will typically not recommend zoom, their hype is gone for now).....but you can lose your money fast.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
I agree with the bolded.
Zoom will soon fade like Skype and the rest. Not sure it’s a good investment for now.
sharpman1:

If you are afraid of losing money, your best bet from the list Berkshire Hathaway. You can add MSFT and FB....however, your returns may be minimal in the short term but they are great for long term.

If you want quick profit, you can pick RCL (I will typically not recommend zoom, their hype is gone for now).....but you can lose your money fast.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Sweetmia37: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good evening all.I was trying to get some stocks on Trove and it kept displaying market closed at the point of payment.The time is not even 8p.m yet.Pls,can someone tell me what to do or what is happening?Thank you.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
sharpman1:

Thanks for your suggestion.

Already purchased RCL and BEK.B
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
BREAKING

Online used car seller Vroom surges 83 percent in IPO

Shares of online used car seller Vroom Inc. soared nearly 83 percent in their market debut on Tuesday, as the US IPO market roars back to life after the coronavirus crisis slammed the brakes on new listings.

Shares opened at $40.25, giving the company a market value of $4.54 billion.

The IPO was priced at $22 apiece on Monday, above the upwardly revised range of $18 to $20, and sold 21.25 million shares compared with the earlier plan of 18.8 million shares.

My position is sidon look.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ufotty2001: 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Why is it that some stocks will be financially ok I mean perfectly ok but the share price is undervalue. Why are investors still staying away from such stocks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Which stocks did you buy of recent please?

I quietly took position in Western Midstream (WES) and Enable Midstream (ENBL).
These are midstream companies, known more for paying high-yielding dividends.

The plan is to take an early seat in the bus preparatory to the real rise that awaits the oil sector due to impending demand for oil as the world returns to full consumption mode.

Similar to how I took position in Exxon Mobil XOM on May 26th at $45.73 now $53.52 losing $1.17 today after what I call yesterday's "oil sector rehearsal rise".

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Oh yeah, I am selling some ogbanje stocks

This cracked me up!
Ogbanje! grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ConcNiggress56(f): 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
@oakpearl @ebuka1997

I am extremely pained and I think Trove are bunch of thieves!!

Charge $2 for practically everything and still wouldn't get stuffs done..

I feel so cheated.

I sold my CHK stock and imagine, it returned failed after 8 hours!!! 8 foggging hours!!!

Thank you trove but the whole world needs to know you're scam!! #BoycottTrove #TrovenaYahooYahoo

now CHK has lost over 50% of its value compared to this morning when it was sitting at $68.. and o sold it when it was on $68..

It's $20 or less now..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
ufotty2001:
Why is it that some stocks will be financially ok I mean perfectly ok but the share price is undervalue. Why are investors still staying away from such stocks

Aside past/current financial performance of companies, there are other factors that determine stock price. Those other factors can affect the public's perception as to what the ideal price should be and this will drive investor's demand for the stock. If demand for a stock is high...prices go up. If demand is low, prices go down.

Some examples of the factors, aside reported financial performance, that will affect perception and so impact demand are:

1. Liquidity of the stock
2. Expected future performance of stock
3. Public image
4. Specific industry the company operates in
5. Positive / Negative news
7. Corporate governance structure of the company

Actually.....the factors are plenty......

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
arduino:

Men.... Na blood everywhere today oooo

It's not abnormal.
It's been 5 straight days of greens before today.
Pull backs are inevitable during such runs.

If you have good stocks relax and watch your money grow like grass. grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sorry bro.
So how much did you end up getting for it when the transaction went through?
ConcNiggress56:
@oakpearl @ebuka1997

I feel so cheated.

I sold my CHK stock and imagine, it returned failed after 8 hours!!! 8 foggging hours!!!

Thank you trove but the whole world needs to know you're scam!! #BoycottTrove #TrovenaYahooYahoo

now CHK has lost over 50% of its value compared to this morning when it was sitting at $68.. and o sold it when it was on $68..

It's $20 or less now..
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ConcNiggress56(f): 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Sorry bro.
So how much did you end up getting for it when the transaction went through?

The transaction didn't go through..

I didn't bother to retry cos by the time I got the failed message.. stock has dropped to $20.. I wanted to cry
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
lancee:
Good to see investors making some benjamins ..Enjoy ..sold my DAL yester , C, and some BAC .. [WFC dividend tinz and cap appre ].. My AAL doing good , I boarded the Azul my oga mentioned here OakPearl .. @ 8ish , also CCL and norway not bad

Missed united rally ..will see if i will get morrow
So many forces against the mkt ..we trade with caution if u re a short term trader

Your AZUL got as high as $18.27 today and closed at $15.71.You are almost 100% on this one. Congrats bro!
If it drops again tomorrow, it's an opportunity for late boarding. Please someone asked if he could still buy this stock.
Your chance could be here. Watch it and time your entry.

By the way, was it 4th June (5 days ago) you bought yours?
I boarded 27th May at $8.32 and am not disembarking just yet. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
OakPearl:

Your AZUL got as high as $18.27 today and closed at $15.71.You are almost 100% on this one. Congrats bro!
If it drops again tomorrow, it's an opportunity for late boarding. Please someone asked if he could still buy this stock.

Please, where do you guys get to know about all these stocks. A lot of them i hear for the first time here.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
@oakpearl @ebuka1997

I feel so cheated.

It's $20 or less now..

tommieen:

Hello Seyi,

It is not a glitch. The balance corrects itself in a matter of minutes.

About twice a month your brokerage balance, fees and trades are reconciled. Think of it as an audit to ensure your balances check out and you were not over charged for any of your past transactions.

During this 15-30 minute timeline, some users might have slight differences in balances. It sorts itself out after some minutes.

P.S - I'm a co-founder at Trove so if you have any issues please feel free to reach out to me here. Always happy to help.

Oh my!
This is totally unacceptable!
Very disheartening.
Did you try reaching their customer care?
And their cofounder was here responding to queries.

Dear Tommieen,
This is bad publicity for your business.
Please contact your aggrieved customer and sort her out asap.
Cc: tommieen
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Rhymeyjohn: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
jclassiq:
As a complete novice I put 50 dollars on AAL when it was already sky high hoping it would go higher. Just yesterday after some unimpressive e movements I've opted to sell and I'm looking for an oil stock to put it and cash out before Friday. As I'm seeing all these numbers on the energy stocks I'm very sad that I always find out when its already late. I've been reading o..but apparently I've been reading all the wrong things.

How can someone help me to recognize a breakout opportunity so I can grow my little capital? I need help pls.
Cc.
Yer yer
Oakpearl
Afroxyz
Dexterous one
Ebuka1997

All the gurus pls.

We're in the same boat. Little dollars, trying to test the waters.

I have started penning down penny stocks.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ufotty2001: 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
sharpman1:

Aside past/current financial performance of companies, there are other factors that determine stock price. Those other factors can affect the public's perception as to what the ideal price should be and this will drive investor's demand for the stock. If demand for a stock is high...prices go up. If demand is low, prices go down.

Some examples of the factors, aside reported financial performance, that will affect perception and so impact demand are:

1. Liquidity of the stock
2. Expected future performance of stock
3. Public image
4. Specific industry the company operates in
5. Positive / Negative news
7. Corporate governance structure of the company

Actually.....the factors are plenty......
Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by jclassiq(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
OakPearl:
BREAKING

Online used car seller Vroom surges 83 percent in IPO

Shares of online used car seller Vroom Inc. soared nearly 83 percent in their market debut on Tuesday, as the US IPO market roars back to life after the coronavirus crisis slammed the brakes on new listings.

Shares opened at $40.25, giving the company a market value of $4.54 billion.

The IPO was priced at $22 apiece on Monday, above the upwardly revised range of $18 to $20, and sold 21.25 million shares compared with the earlier plan of 18.8 million shares.

My position is sidon look.
You think its good to buy the stock?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
sharpman1:

Please, where do you guys get to know about all these stocks. A lot of them i hear for the first time here.

Via volumes of research and constant following of market related news, reviews, paid and unpaid subscription to various US stock market news letters.

Can be overwhelming because too much of punditry is going on with countless stock recommendations that are almost always junk.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
jclassiq:

You think its good to buy the stock?

Too new for me to have an opinion as I haven't accessed their financials yet.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
@oakpearl @ebuka1997

I feel so cheated.

It's $20 or less now..

I don't think it's Trove's fault. Around 9:28am
just before the market opened, Chesapeake (CHK) had news pending. Usually when a company has important news that will cause volatility in the stock price, it is halted. The news was about how CHK will file for bankruptcy. Usually when the stock is halted, nobody can buy or sell and each hold period is for like 15 minutes. Once trading resumes volatility is signigicantly high, it is immediately halted again. So you see, investors were trying so hard to sell so they wouldnt be the one left holding the bag. I attached screenshots.

This is the reason why I warned against this stock yesterday. They were discussing bankruptcy plans back in May11th, yet, the stock rose over 530% since then. Now the bubble has burst, everyone is in a panic mode to sell. I hope your sell order is executed tomorrow but if the stock is halted all day like today, it may be a blood bath.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 12:16am On Jun 10, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
@oakpearl @ebuka1997

I feel so cheated.

It's $20 or less now..

Damn!! That’s quite hurtful. It may have been because of traffic from getting more customers or something. It happens to Robinhood too but they say when it’s happening.

These brokers need to update their capabilities to deal with more volume
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DreManuel(m): 12:48am On Jun 10, 2020
YerYer:

I don't think it's Trove's fault. Around 9:28am
just before the market opened, Chesapeake (CHK) had news pending. Usually when a company has important news that will cause volatility in the stock price, it is halted. The news was about how CHK will file for bankruptcy. Usually when the stock is halted, nobody can buy or sell and each hold period is for like 15 minutes. Once trading resumes volatility is signigicantly high, it is immediately halted again. So you see, investors were trying so hard to sell so they wouldnt be the one left holding the bag. I attached screenshots.

This is the reason why I warned against this stock yesterday. They were discussing bankruptcy plans back in May11th, yet, the stock rose over 530% since then. Now the bubble has burst, everyone is in a panic mode to sell. I hope your sell order is executed tomorrow but if the stock is halted all day like today, it may be a blood bath.

True!

Perhaps those who bought put will be smiling now.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lancee(m): 2:17am On Jun 10, 2020
OakPearl:

grin Thanks bro ..I sold some today to book profit , it later recovered and eventually lost b4 closing ...If its goes down morrow i will buy some more ..Futures seems green for now .. we see how he go be morrow on Fed thinz
Also bought more mgm .. on cap appre ..I hope it delivers
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuabdullah: 6:19am On Jun 10, 2020
ConcNiggress56:
@oakpearl @ebuka1997

I feel so cheated.

It's $20 or less now..

Please read Yeryer's response. Did you state a sell order? For example, sell order at $60. If you did, then the system may not be able to execute your transaction until there is a willing buyer at that price. You can also reach out to Trove's customer care on why your transaction was not executed.

Sorry and be patient. I wish you succeses in your future transactions.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2020
Fed chairman Powell decision by 18:30 GMT will affect the movement of markets..Investors are currently waiting for his announcement.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
drskyfly007:
Fed chairman Powell decision by 18:30 GMT will affect the movement of markets..Investors are currently waiting for his announcement.

I would have dumped more than half of my position and convert to cash by then

Market is facing a shakeout now... cash or partly cash is the best place to be now

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.