Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. (64579 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Sanwo-Olu Hands Over 7 Boats For Lagos Ferry, Launches Cowry Card / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Caustic001: 8:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

They sourced the boats right here in Nigeria, they were manufactured by V-Craft and Sierra Craft in Epe.
I dont think its an indigenous company, all good sha
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by 3verblazing(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
Na overload go kill all the boats ...
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Govt Wants To Buy- PHOTOS

Credit. AutoreportNG.

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
more.

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
more...............

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2020
Caustic001:
I dont think its an indigenous company, all good sha

On the international level, coming from Freetown again, we intend to start our coastal ferry service going to Guinea. This, we have believe we’ve crossed the “Ts” and dotted the “Is” and we are going to make sure that when it eventually starts, it is something to behold, is something proper. Now, from operations in Freetown, we have been able to establish in Nigeria where we delivered mass transit going to 5 or 6 different locations from Ikorodu to Lekki, Victoria Island, CMS, Apapa and one other one that we go to. And also, because of the difficulties in importing boats there and the cost of importing boats, we did a backward integration. We invested in the construction of a boat factory; we have 11-acre boat factory in Ibeju-Lekki over the Epe Bridge there which is called “Sierra Craft” where we build vessels. We believe we can build boats over there, using the modern systems to be able to supply to our operations in Lagos and also different parts of the country — South of the country. We are in talks with the government to see how this can be easily done. We are also in talks with certain companies that are looking into doing UBER-style mass transit system in Lagos and its going on pretty well, although we intend to do ours in slightly different way but it opens up the possibilities of what a transport

https://afrikanheroes.com/2019/08/24/africa-needs-the-right-legal-framework-for-businesses-to-thrive-captain-olusegun-jaji/

Seacraft is owned by Olusegun Jaji, he's also the owner of Sea Coach water transport in Sierra Leone

3 Likes

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CaptainFM1: 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
They will do well by;
1, Clearing the marine growth,
2, Dredging the waterways,
3. Ensuring maximum safety and security at sea

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Sergioaguero: 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
Buy DIGITAL PH METER
ATC Caliberation button.

PH Meter is Used for Fish farming, Water treatment, Cream, alkaline water, soap, wine, and beer making; Pool, battery acid testing, organic soap and cream making etc.

Whatsapp 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by lexxyrule(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sirnuel:
lol

how many people will eight speed boat carry at once

I think you need to be there first, plus there are existing ferries before even much more cheaper than this. On this same route. Just I think this is much more safer and comfortable - for now
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Seunpaul01(m): 10:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Afrikween:
This man doesn’t have sense

Alright now, u that have sense, go ahead and rule lag now. undecided undecided
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
kokomilala:
@NwanyiOkpa, you wanted to say : there has never been a worse governor,I suppose. Can you prove your point within the context of the length of this administration in office?

don't misquote me please.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by jaxxy(m): 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
Well I can of like this bt they wud have to make it more attractive to people who are not used to such mode of transportation. Also it can’t replace bikes especially for short route journeys.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by DisGuy: 12:04am On Feb 05, 2020
The Governor also launched a mobile application designed to facilitate easy access to the water transportation services.

@naptu

Any idea what this app is called? Nothing on play store
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Dedetwo(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2020
CrimeKsmart:
Sanwo-Olu will be the best lagos state governor.

Nice initiative... It will go a long way in reducing Lagos traffic

What measure is in place to check overload?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Dedetwo(m): 12:09am On Feb 05, 2020
signature2012:

Hope safety was also considered when launching the ferries.
Water guard,life jacket etc.

Overloading the boats is my concern.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 12:17am On Feb 05, 2020
Maxymilliano:
This is commendable, but why is the jetty at Ilaje, Bariga not put into use since it was commissioned by Ambode ?
Don't mind them. This was the same thing they did at Oworonshoki jetty inside the back side of the community. Fine jetty with concrete steps.

They locked it up and refused to allow the public boats to use it. Later it was concessioned to one construction company, that was doing some work for an oil service firm.

It is only the staff of that company and their speedboats, that now use the jetty.....

Yèyé govt people.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 12:25am On Feb 05, 2020
naptu2:
Actually 14 boats were launched today.

That's 14 in addition to the boats that Lagferry already has (Ambode launched 5 last year).

https://www.nairaland.com/5187149/commissioning-ilaje-bariga-ferry-terminal

Furthermore, Lagos State is partnering with Uber to provide Uber Boats.
https://www.nairaland.com/5467166/lagos-launches-uber-boat-ease

Have you seen the transport fare for the new boat rides? Badore in Lekki to Maróko in Victoria Island, is to cost 1,000 naira each!! Can you imagine? If you go by road, you will NOT spend half of that amount.

Falomo bridge leading down to Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, stretching all the way down to Lekki-Epe expressway, is the busiest and most traffic-ridden route, in Eti-Osa. Gridlocks are acommon feature of that road.

I have spent 2-3 hours on just that Ozumba Way, before....

But there is no single boat ride booked to convey people from Falomo to Marókó in Victoria Island, or from Bonny Camp to Lekki/Ajah. Nothing!!

Can you imagine how such boat rides would decongest that axis? But the clowns at LAGFERRY and LASWA have refused to explore this option, and give people a respite from the traffic gridlock on that route.

When it comes to boat services, LASWA and LAGFERRY act as if the world begins and ends between Lagos Island and Ikorodu.

The thunder that will treat their case, is on its way....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 12:29am On Feb 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta states are richer than Lagos state, but, do you see the same level of governance and leadership in Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta states? No

Money can not buy good vision, it can not buy good and credible leadership.

Please, the current governor of Lagos State is an exception to the rule. He has tainted the winning streak of good governors, that Lagos State has had, over the years.

His only specialty is pointing his hand and banning Kèke Marwa in 15 local govt areas.......as if the people living and working in that area, did not vote for him, to get to power. Oòshi atí ìranù.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 12:31am On Feb 05, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Please, the current governor of Lagos State is an exception to the rule. He has tainted the streak of good governor's that Lagos State has had, over the years.

His only specialty is pointing his hand and banning Kèke Marwa in 15 local govt areas.......as if the people living and working in that area, did not vote for him, to get to power.

Very misguided and flawed opinion, but you are entitled to it.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 12:36am On Feb 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
Very misguided and flawed opinion, but you are entitled to it.
Nothing misguided about my opinion. A sensible governor would have provided functional ALTERNATIVES to commuters who use Okada and Kèke Marwa, BEFORE banning those two things. He did not.

Instead, he subjected people to the suffering of walking over long distances lasting hours, as a result of that ban. CNN mocked us, in their report yesterday. BBC poked fun at our state govt. Then IFC downgraded Nigeria as an investment destination, because of his ill-begotten ban, especially as it affects bike-hailing services.

He forgot that local and foreign investors were observing each of his moves....

He even went ahead to release a series of insensitive tweets, mocking their plight.

And you want us to think he is a sensible governor, that is not high on Agidigbi weed, sold in Felá's shrine?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 12:42am On Feb 05, 2020
kokomilala:
It's interesting to see how people who haven't achieved anything, haven't even managed anything whatso are slating SanwoOlu. The man is trying to diversify the transportation system of Lagos and some people, who don't or can't see beyond their noses are condemning this move even before it births.Nigerians are pathological moaners.

Because their leaders continue to be pathetic, perpetual screw-ups. They screw up even the simplest tasks, and make their people a laughing stock!!
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 12:44am On Feb 05, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Have you seen the transport fare for the new boat rides? Badore in Lekki to Maróko in Victoria Island, is to cost 1,000 naira each!! Can you imagine? If you go by road, you will NOT spend half of that amount.

Falomo bridge leading down to Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, stretching all the way down to Lekki-Epe expressway, is the busiest and most traffic-ridden route, in Eti-Osa. Gridlocks are acommon feature of that road.

I have spent 2-3 hours on just that Ozumba Way, before....

But there is no single boat ride booked to convey people from Falomo to Marókó in Victoria Island, or from Bonny Camp to Lekki/Ajah. Nothing!!

Can you imagine how such boat rides would decongest that axis? But the clowns at LAGFERRY and LASWA have refused to explore this option, and give people a respite from the traffic gridlock on that route.

When it comes to boat services, LASWA and LAGFERRY act as if the world begins and ends between Lagos Island and Ikorodu.

The thunder that will treat their case, is on its way....

1. Boat transportation takes between 20-30 minutes, by road, it takes 2-3 to 4 hours and the same 2-3 to 4 hours heading home after work.

2. Imagine what you can do with extra 4-6 hours. You don't have to leave home at 4 am or get home at 10 pm

3. I don't know about the other boats out there, but Lagferry is more comfortable, they have better safety features and they are wifi equipped.

4. Lagos state government can not cover the whole of Lagos waterways, investors must go in to supplement the government's effort.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 12:55am On Feb 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
1. Boat transportation takes between 20-30 minutes, by road, it takes 2-3 to 4 hours and the same 2-3 to 4 hours heading home after work.

2. Imagine what you can do with extra 4-6 hours. You don't have to leave home at 4 am or get home at 10 pm

3. I don't know about the other boats out there, but Lagferry is more comfortable, they have better safety features and they are wifi equipped.

4. Lagos state government can not cover the whole of Lagos waterways, investors must go in to supplement the government's effort.

Please where did you study your own brand of logistics? Boat operation cost is NOT driven by time spent, but by distance, and amount of fuel consumed, as well as turn around time.

From Badore to Maroko, cannot cost 1,000 naira by any stretch of the imagination, but this govt wants to fleece and cheat people.

Badore to Ijede is being hiked to 500 by this LAGFERRY people.

Tarzan Marine has been running the same route for over 2 years now, with good quality boats, and he charges 200-300 naira, per ride. What is LAGFERRY's problem? It is just a 7-10 minutes ride.

They have refused to run the Falomo to Maroko route, because they feel it is not profitable for them...at least that is their excuse. Tarzan ran that route successfully for over 5 years before govt chased him away from there, alleging that they wanted to use the water front.

Sooner or later, they will run the scheme aground and give excuses, because they have not positioned their fares in the right manner, which will have a negative impact on their partronage.

They may even muzzle out private boat operators on this route that currently charge a much lesser amount.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by naptu2: 1:10am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 1:42am On Feb 05, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Nothing misguided about my opinion. A sensible governor would have provided functional ALTERNATIVES to commuters who use Okada and Kèke Marwa, BEFORE banning those two things. He did not.

Instead, he subjected people to the suffering of walking over long distances lasting hours, as a result of that ban. CNN mocked us, in their report yesterday. BBC poked fun at our state govt. Then IMF downgraded Nigeria as an investment destination, because of his ill-begotten ban, especially as it affects bike-hailing services.

He forgot that local and foreign investors were observing each of his moves....

He even went ahead to release a series of insensitive tweets, mocking their plight.

And you want us to think he is a sensible governor, that is not high on Agidigbi weed, sold in Felá's shrine?

IMF - Nigeria's Economy Will Attract More Investments Before Year End

Washington DC — The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said financial conditions in Nigeria favored more foreign investments and should attract more foreign investments this year.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201910170087.html

Stop lying on the IMF because they actually gave us a very rosy and optimistic outlook.

The government made a tough decision, but it's definitely the right decision because okada is not sustainable as a safe, effective and realistic mode of transportation.

If we truly want a better future, we must pay the price, feel the pain and support the government's effort.

How is okada safe for you as a citizen living with millions of okada and okada operators from unknown places on top of the daily tragic accidents?

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by BigBashiru: 2:12am On Feb 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Govt Wants To Buy- PHOTOS

Credit. AutoreportNG.

Sanwo olu bought Nigeria made boats because he won't be riding on them.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CeterisXVII: 2:57am On Feb 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
Stop lying on the IMF because they actually gave us a very rosy and optimistic outlook.

The government made a tough decision, but it's definitely the right decision because okada is not sustainable as a safe, effective and realistic mode of transportation.

If we truly want a better future, we must pay the price, feel the pain and support the government's effort.

How is okada safe for you as a citizen living with millions of okada and okada operators from unknown places on top of the daily tragic accidents?

Which rosy picture? Abi, you didn't read what I posted properly? Should I borrow you my contact lenses? shocked

The International Finance Corporation has announced the downgrade of Nigeria from among the top five countries attracting private investment in emerging Africa markets.

The arm of the World Bank focused on investing in emerging markets, the IFC said the downgrade was a result of the troubled investment climate that has continued to be a setback for Africa’s largest economy in recent years.

Eme Essien Lore, country manager for IFC said this Friday, during its second Private Equity Summit https://www.sbmintel.com/2020/02/daily-watch-ifc-downgrades-nigeria-on-investment-states-enjoy-boost-igr/

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by explosiveskull(m): 4:12am On Feb 05, 2020
If they won't exceed the load intended for the ferry like carrying 3 passengers per seat instead of two as am seeing in the pics. People like me that have phobia for anything body of water even if it is inside sink or bucket, what is our fate for transportation?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by explosiveskull(m): 4:15am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 4:17am On Feb 05, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Which rosy picture? Abi, you didn't read what I posted properly? Should I borrow you my contact lenses? shocked

CeterisXVII:

Then IMF downgraded Nigeria as an investment destination, because of his ill-begotten ban, especially as it affects bike-hailing services.

You said IMF, not IFC so stop doing bait and switch. Read your post properly before hitting submit.

I stand by my comment, you said IMF, not IFC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Life In Danger… Rev Fr Mbaka Cries Out / Burial Of Umaru Abdul-Ganimu, Soldier Killed By Helicopter Blade In Borno (Graph / Members Of The Dissolved NNPC Board Of Directors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.