Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. (64592 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Sanwo-Olu Hands Over 7 Boats For Lagos Ferry, Launches Cowry Card / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by kokomilala(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2020
It's interesting to see how people who haven't achieved anything, haven't even managed anything whatso are slating SanwoOlu. The man is trying to diversify the transportation system of Lagos and some people, who don't or can't see beyond their noses are condemning this move even before it births.Nigerians are pathological moaners.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by handsomeyinka(m): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
Afrikween:
This man doesn’t have sense
He has sense but he has donated it to the Less privileged.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by iswallker(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
Xifijoo1:
Text me on WhatsApp on number below to make huge money from betnja

If you re making any money you will be Silent..

2 Likes

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by RusselChu: 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta states are richer than Lagos state, but, do you see the same level of governance and leadership in Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta states? No

Money can not buy good vision, it can not buy good and credible leadership.
[/s]
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by MrOwonikoko: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by BlackBaron: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
Quite possibly the story of Lagos state mass transit might have been different if the ruling party hasn't been siphoning funds for the Lagos metro rail with very little to show for it.

Boat patronage as mass transit is low in most countries (exception of Australia, Hong Kong). Also there's very little infrastructure on ground to even support it.

By the way, let them open up the BRT monopoly given to the nephew of the self styled Lagos ruler. He clearly hasn't got the capacity!
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by pwansunriseteam: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
Mad people
Will the boat carry me to my street
I am talking that if I don't go out with car which i normally don't do because of traffic I will now have to trek miles ro my office in Ikeja
Mad people

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Durchmann(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
It's a start alright for waterway transport but the fares seem high.
How many would afford spending ₦800 -₦1k one way to work?

Well, what do I know?

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by wman(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
kokomilala:
It's interesting to see how people who haven't achieved anything, haven't even managed anything whatso are slating SanwoOlu. The man is trying to diversify the transportation system of Lagos and some people, who don't or can't see beyond their noses are condemning this move even before it births.Nigerians are pathological moaners.

Diversify- yes. But make life unbearable for others? No.

And Nigerians aren't pathological moaners. Nigerians are easily satisfied by mediocre service and governance.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by BabbanBura(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
Afrikween:

I don’t hate him, I just feel his policies these days are insensitive.

Have you ever listened to this guy talk to you for 30mins about his vision for Lagos? Either on panel, on tv, radio or simply read about it?

If you do, you will understand that he is racing to get somewhere and there is no way he wont mess up a lot of people in that process - a state of over 10million, you cant do anything for the greater benefit without messing up a sizeable number.

We all shall enjoy the Lagos in the making, believe me.

By the way, you and I get talk woo. I saw that you school at UNN, check ya PM pls.

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by GerraMeh74(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
Pointus Pilate!!! So clueless!!!
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Kinzman(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
How many Lagosians can afford this?

By the way, a private boat of 20 passengers capacity collects the same N800 from Ebute Ikorodu to Victoria Island or CMS and it will spend between 25 - 30 minutes. So why do I go for a bigger one that will take 50 minutes to take me to the same destination for the same amount?

Ijede to Badore is N350 by private boats and government's own is charging N500.

Who are the people advising this Governor?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
Studyinchina200:
8 boats for population of over 21 million people?

Jurney of a million miles must start from mile one, this is obviously an installment with many more to follow.

It's unrealistic to expect them to come up with funds to flood the waterways with hundreds or thousands of boats.

The government shouldn't even be operating such ventures, this is the domain of major investors and risk-takers, this is when they show up to sink funds and build up our waterways transportation infrastructure, but our money bags and billionaires apart from Dangote don't invest, they don't think big, they just park their money to gather dust in local an foreign banks while we push and force the government to spend public funds on what really should be privately funded and operated for maximum efficiency and profitability.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by lloyds(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta states are richer than Lagos state, but, do you see the same level of governance and leadership in Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta states? No

Money can not buy good vision, it can not buy good and credible leadership.

Both states are not richer in anyway more than Lagos. Please do your research well.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by fredoooooo: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
God bless you .. Eko oni baje o, Awon ti won ma baje koni wa ..

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by drezzyx(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
Before you know they Will start carrying standing who you wan kill.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Peacecoy19: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
I was about asking the same question.
Governor has already called private sector participation read the post through.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by milkyworld(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Nice innovation...
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by AliveJ: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
Okay.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Hades2016(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sorry to say this, I think this man lack sense
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Obiagu01: 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Akachai2030(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hope there will not be any news on one been kidnapped
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Lastmankc(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
He must shall point. Pointus pilate
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Bawofss(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
Xifijoo1:
Text me on WhatsApp on number below to make huge money from betnja
how much av u made ursef? scammer
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by RusselChu: 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Jurney of a million miles must start from mile one, this is obviously an installment with many more to follow.

It's unrealistic to expect them to come up with funds to flood the waterways with hundreds or thousands of boats.

The government shouldn't even be operating such ventures, this is the domain of major investors and risk-takers, this is when they show up to sink funds and build up our waterways transportation infrastructure, but our money bags and billionaires apart from Dangote don't invest, they don't think big, they just park their money to gather dust in local an foreign banks while we push and force the government to spend public funds on what really should be privately funded and operated for maximum efficiency and profitability.

[/s]
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
lloyds:

Both states are not richer in anyway more than Lagos. Please do your research well.

Calculate the funds available to spend on each citizen and compare the funds available to spend on infrastructures from schools to hospitals, roads, bridges, waterworks, transportation, health care in a state with over 20 million people and compare with rich states in the Delta with an average of 3-5 million people with fewer responsibilities.

It's not about how much you have in your pocket, it's about the number of people you have to spend the money on and the amount of burden and responsibilities you bare.

With all the huge IGR people scream about in Lagos state, it's still less than what they earn from oil revenue in the Delta, Lagos state still have to borrow on a monthly basis to function and make up their yearly budget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by kokomilala(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
@wman, in the interplay of politics,there are always winners and losers, not only in Nigeria but all over the world. President Macron's pension reform was good but many still kicked against it.
Some Nigerians would moan even if the country becomes a utopia.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by farem: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/followlasg/posts/2912065265481387

Dumbest governor!

How can speed boats or high capacity buses do what okada and Marwa do in Lagos?
Is it the boat that will carry me from Dopemu to Clement in Lagos?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Kendroid: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2020
I really pity anyone doesn't know how to swim that will board this boat. Trust Lagosians, soon they will start overloading it just to accommodate the huge population.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by chloride6: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
farem:

Dumbest governor!

How can speed boats or high capacity buses do what okada and Marwa do in Lagos?
Is it the boat that will carry me from Dopemu to Clement in Lagos?

grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by TheKingIsHere: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
seeing weeds growing at the back of the ferry is already an indication that this mode of transportation is a ticking time bomb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Members Of The Dissolved NNPC Board Of Directors (Pictures) / Reno Omokri Reacts To IGP Ibrahim Idris' Speech Blunder With (See Tweets) / President Buhari Removing His Shoes By Himself (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.