Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. (64587 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Sanwo-Olu Hands Over 7 Boats For Lagos Ferry, Launches Cowry Card / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by lloyds(m): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2020
NGpatriot:

Calculate the funds available to spend on each citizen and compare the funds available to spend on infrastructures from schools to hospitals, roads, bridges, waterworks, transportation, health care in a state with over 20 million people and compare with rich states in the Delta with an average of 3-5 million people with fewer responsibilities.

It's not about how much you have in your pocket, it's about the number of people you have to spend the money on and the amount of burden and responsibilities you bare.

With all the huge IGR people scream about in Lagos state, it's still less than what they earn from oil revenue in the Delta, Lagos state still have to borrow on a monthly basis to function and make up their yearly budget.

Let's not deviate from my point.

Focus was on available / disposable funds. . Not on per head / capital income.

The governor of Lagos will always have combined huge funds to initiate projects and that's my point.

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by tiredoflife(m): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2020
The fares are high
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
Prompto:
My Igbo people will wail over this claiming Tinubu as chop all Lagos money n be praising Ugwuanyi that is commissioning cement pan.

See them below...
Awon children nurtured with bigotry hatred n acute stupidity from the womb.

Have you queried how many cement pan Ugwuayi bought for the entire population of Enugu today or is Enugu not closer to you than Lagos. I checked your comment history n discovered your entire household would rather shut your foolish mouth about that but here you are wailing profusely about Lagos that your forefathers n unborn generation as never contributed a dime to it development.

CHIEF, IF YORUBA WILL JOIN THEIR BROTHERS IN BENIN REPUBLIC .NIGERIA WILL RECOVER OVER NIGHT
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by cobsol(m): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
Witchersunited:
Why do Nigerian politicians always dress up like the organization they are launching?

It's really stupid, imagine the thousands budgeted for what he is wearing and will never wear again

Everything Dey pain people for this country
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by RusselChu: 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Calculate the funds available to spend on each citizen and compare the funds available to spend on infrastructures from schools to hospitals, roads, bridges, waterworks, transportation, health care in a state with over 20 million people and compare with rich states in the Delta with an average of 3-5 million people with fewer responsibilities.

It's not about how much you have in your pocket, it's about the number of people you have to spend the money on and the amount of burden and responsibilities you bare.

With all the huge IGR people scream about in Lagos state, it's still less than what they earn from oil revenue in the Delta, Lagos state still have to borrow on a monthly basis to function and make up their yearly budget.

[/s]
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Mexyz(m): 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
Witchersunited:
Why do Nigerian politicians always dress up like the organization they are launching?

It's really stupid, imagine the thousands budgeted for what he is wearing and will never wear again

Did you say thousands?
Font be surprised what 1million naira was budgeted for Mr Governor's 'commissioning clothes '
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Neddstark: 7:29pm On Feb 04, 2020
The fares are so damn expensive.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by engrzico(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
Na ontop water hyacinth dem launch the ferry abi undecided
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by AmazingELixir: 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
undecided

So they cannot clear all those water hyacinths that have practically taken over the water ways in Lagos.

Somebody had better told that pontus to review downward the exorbitant fares those ferries charge
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Peacecoy19:
Governor has already called private sector participation read the post through.

I read it earlier. Unlike vehicles, boats are not things you can buy from any where and start using, except you're referring to speed boats. Even at that, the drivers are not readily available.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Brightgem(f): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
You banned bikes and brought 8 speed boats, not 200 not 500 only 8 and then calling private investors.

A joker you are
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
mimilogs:
Beautiful. He truly cares after all cool

How many people would be able to afford it?

And when I enter boat from Badore to V/I (Sandfill), how do I get to Adeola Odeku for instance?

Will I fly?

Uber due to surge is now about N2k.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by mimilogs: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
bukatyne:

How many people would be able to afford it?

And when I enter boat from Badore to V/I (Sandfill), how do I get to Adeola Odeku for instance?

Will I fly?

Uber due to surge is now about N2k.

hmmm cry
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by wellmax(m): 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Afrikween:

Read your words well and see why you’re very senseless.

It's clearly typo. Grow up and get some sense. Don't wait for black Friday
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by CSTR2: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Unless those boats are made in Nigeria, the only thing I see here is more avenues for revenue flight.

We have already made Toyota rich with our security votes.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by DSoj(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
Perfect
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by bukatyne(f): 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
mimilogs:
hmmm cry

☹️
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Akanniade(m): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
Who in this world has Nigeria offended to deserve fools as leaders. These double outboard engine boats hardly can sustain commercial transport.
I expected them to bring in operators like Bourbon, Arco, Seamark etc.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by ikorodureporta: 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2020
pointologist, una no even fit remove the water hyacinth from the place
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by dederocs(m): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2020
signature2012:

Hope safety was also considered when launching the ferries.
Water guard,life jacket etc.
Eyes dey pain you?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Dollabiz: 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
He should be the first passenger and use it for a month first
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2020
this gov is a bastard sha, he's calling for private investor, so dat what happened to gokada and omax can happen to dem also bah? also how can mile2 to Liverpool to cms be 700? when wema boundary to Liverpool across the foot bridge will take me 200....these people are just mad and stupid.

1 Like

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
lloyds:

Let's not deviate from my point.

Focus was on available / disposable funds. . Not on per head / capital income.

The governor of Lagos will always have combined huge funds to initiate projects and that's my point.

The point I was making is, the Delta states have more disposable funds than Lagos state based on population and scope of responsibilities.

The fact that Lagos state borrows to operate and fund their budgets means they don't have disposable funds.

For example. IGR/Month = 34 billion x 12 = 408 billion + N177 billion Allocation = N585 billion.

...but the budget was N 1trillion, meaning they have to borrow 50% more to fund their budget so where is the disposable fund?

By population and scope of responsibilities, Lagos is actually one of the poorest states in Nigeria, but luckily for them, they have good leaders and they know how to juggle money and actually spend their money on infrastructures, unlike governors in other states.

When you hear the noise about huge money and huge IGR in Lagos, don't get carried away, it's nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by RusselChu: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

The point I was making is, the Delta states have more disposable funds than Lagos state based on population and scope of responsibilities.

The fact that Lagos state borrows to operate and fund their budgets means they don't have disposable funds.

For example. IGR/Month = 34 billion x 12 = 408 billion + N177 billion Allocation = N585 billion.

...but the budget was N 1trillion, meaning they have to borrow 50% more to fund their budget so where is the disposable fund?

By population and scope of responsibilities, Lagos is actually one of the poorest states in Nigeria, but luckily for them, they have good leaders and they know how to juggle money and actually spend their money on infrastructures, unlike governors in other states.

When you hear the noise about huge money and huge IGR in Lagos, don't get carried away, it's nothing.

[/s]
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by stickle(m): 8:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
Lagosians will look back and thank God for this decision to ban okada. It was like that in Port Harcourt during Ameachi. The relative sanity afterward can not be compared to daily fatal accidents and nuisance consituted by undisciplined okada riders.
It may be difficult now as it was to us then but we will all adjust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Lexicon123: 8:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
Call for private sector involvement. Next thing we will hear... it's been banned, and people's hard earned investments will go to the drain. One problem with our government is inconsistency in policy making, affecting the ease of doing business index.
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by afribabe: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
How many can afford this fare........
Ferries not enough for even ikorodu jetty alone ....
And I hope the ferries will drop me in front of my office in Kofo. Or how to I get there from oniru busstop when there's no keke again?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by osazsky(m): 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I think I'll agree with you
big lie sonwolu and Tinubu is d best thing that has happened to d yoruba imagine if they didn't have them Lagos would have been like those northern states.this is d right step in d right direction
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Prompto: 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
Wrong, but Nigeria will definitely recover if you join your bigoted father grangfathrr in hell.

MondayOsunbor:

CHIEF, IF YORUBA WILL JOIN THEIR BROTHERS IN BENIN REPUBLIC .NIGERIA WILL RECOVER OVER NIGHT
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by NGpatriot: 8:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
CSTR2:
Unless those boats are made in Nigeria, the only thing I see here is more avenues for revenue flight.

We have already made Toyota rich with our security votes.

Water Transportation: Lagos assures local boats manufacturers of patronage

Lagos state government has assured local builders of boats that the state government would scale up their businesses by regularly patronising them in line with the vision of making water transportation one of the best possible alternatives.

In doing this, the state government is confident that the effort would help to strengthen the economies of local boat builders, attract more interest in water transportation and bring daily traffic congestions on our roads to the barest minimum.

The Managing Director, Lagos State Ferry Services (LAGFERRY), Mr. Abdoulbaq Ladi Balogun gave the assurances during an inspection tour of two major boat factories, V-Craft and Sierra Craft, in Lagos on Monday

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/13/water-transportation-lagos-assures-local-boats-manufacturers-of-patronage/

They sourced the boats right here in Nigeria, they were manufactured by V-Craft and Sierra Craft in Epe.

Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Caustic001: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
oke ira to falomo, very good! but what are they doing about those useless boys who sell weed and harass people by oke ira nla seaside?
Re: Sanwoolu Launches Lagos Ferry's Commercial Operations. by Sammy07: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
osazsky:
big lie sonwolu and Tinubu is d best thing that has happened to d yoruba imagine if they didn't have them Lagos would have been like those northern states.this is d right step in d right direction

We're saying the same thing with different choice of words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jide Tinubu: Nigerians Criticize Obaseki Over Statement On Tinubu's Son Death / Members Of The Dissolved NNPC Board Of Directors (Pictures) / President Buhari Removing His Shoes By Himself (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.