Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators (533 Views)

Acknowledged Copy Of Petition Against Ameachi From EFCC- PICS / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Assange 'to Be Charged With Espionage' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by hollandis(f): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2010
We seriously need hackers anyone with an ethical hacking certification?
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2010
Sharraaap joor!

Like you and your folks will act as a result of hacked government info.

What have you done with the little Saharareporters has gotten for you?

Abegi!
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by hollandis(f): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2010
Sahara is into selective reporting,something am totally against
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2010
hollandis:

Sahara is into selective reporting,something am totally against

You still did not answer the question. What will you do with the released information in that case? I wait to see what we will do with the much that we have now from wikileaks.
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by sweetguy10(m): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You still did not answer the question. What will you do with the released information in that case? I wait to see what we will do with the much that we have now from wikileaks.

We will start a revolution , A jungle justice style revolution . KILL THEM ONE BY ONE
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by Omenani(m): 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2010
Seems like people are either high on coke or Igbo. Nigerians will not do a thing, so stop acting like they will. People are ok with the status quo. They complain, yet do nothing.
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by AlfaPrime: 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2010
Asange was once into hacking, but Wikileaks which he founded is not a hacking website. It's basically a whistle-blower website which means it provides opportunity for people who have access to confidential into to leak it to them for publishing at a later date.

Methinks the whole ado about Asange is a bit misplaced. It was people entrusted with the secret diplomatic cables that actually leaked them out to Wikileaks, who in turn published them to the press.

Do we need such in Nigeria? Well, certainly anything that would encourage a more open Government, but not at the expense of national security,
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by Mobinga: 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2010
Those one's store the documents in unkempt drawers and shelves. They know nothing of databases and computers.
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by proudly9ja(m): 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2010
AlfaPrime:

Asange was once into hacking, but Wikileaks which he founded is not a hacking website. It's basically a whistle-blower website which means it provides opportunity for people who have access to confidential into to leak it to them for publishing at a later date.

Methinks the whole ado about Asange is a bit misplaced. It was people entrusted with the secret diplomatic cables that actually leaked them out to Wikileaks, who in turn published them to the press.

Do we need such in Nigeria? Well, certainly anything that would encourage a more open Government, but not at the expense of national security,
I think we already have in saharareporters, we just enjoy reading them and then its back to our private lives.

I tell you, if wikileaks was a Nigeria owned outfit, we will be fighting on Nairaland now about how the owner is Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa,

Openleaks has now been formed out of wikileaks. I envisage more and more such outfits in the nearest future.

A friend of mine predicted over 5 years ago that man would soon be tired of using sophisticated machinery for fighting battles and we would go back to the days of bows and arrows. Well it seems he was right on the first part except that instead of going bows and arrows, cyber is the new weapon of mass destruction!
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by Blazay(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2010
Good idea.
I would like to enlist.
Just let me know when. cool

That would be such an easy task.
Considering the fact that most 'top' secret dealings in Nigeria are done in brothels.
Re: We Need A Hacker Just Like Assange To Get Secret Info From Efcc,fg,legislators by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2010
sweetguy10:

We will start a revolution , A jungle justice style revolution . KILL THEM ONE BY ONE

Where is the revolution? Where is the jungle style revolution you say we will see? there have been several leaks in the past couple of years,and weeks but still revolution. What is going on?

(1) (Reply)

Wikileaks Rival Plans Monday Launch After Internal Split, Founders Say / Don't Wait Till The Doom's Day: Hoscombayelsa / Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.