Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,924 members, 7,952,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

"Dating Down" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Dating Down" (192 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Dating Down" by gbami(m): 11:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
For centuries men has been the bread winners in their respective families...They see it as a thing of pride to provide and protect their families while their wives takes care of the day to day runnings of the household, bringing up the children to be respectful citizens..
However things are beginning to change or has changed...Now Ladies are now making as much as men or even higher than men... However, our high earned ladies are ashamed of dating guys that earns lesser than them...They feel they are " dating down" i.e they are not dating their standard, even if the guy has all the required characters and attributes that makes him a very decent man...still they find fault in his finances ...What a double standard! ..
To most men...it is never an issue if she earns a kobo or not, as long as she has a good character and attributes, her finances is not an issue...
A man will comfortably pay the bills of a lady he is going out with if it is required, But by no means should it happen the other way round..She will belittle you, subconscious if not verbally...
So to those women that wants to be treated like men.( i.e Equally)
Don't reject or belittle any gentleman that earns less than you in the name of not up to your standard or not wanting to "date down" For men has been doing it happily for centuries...
If you are not ready for the full package of equality don't "cherry pick" the type of equality you want...
Pleeeeease

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Work / World Export Conference-wec / Statisense: How Much Women Spend On Valentine's Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.