Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,948 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos (48109 Views)

2020 Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Reacts After Being Nominated / Burna Boy Reacts To The Death Of Johnson Kolade / Charly Boy Reacts As Dewy Oputa, His Lesbian Daughter Shows Her Girlfriend SJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Godsonkemz(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
Charley boy.. you have a strong point here. And for someone like Charley Boy who loves biking to support the ban on bike based on security grounds, he has a good point. The security of the nation at this critical time is very crucial. The global challenge of terrorism we have is rooted in Islam and these aboki boys operating these bikes will constitute a serious security threat when they master all the nooks and crannies of Lagos. If these terrorists conquer Lagos, local man is finished.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
these radicals have already infiltrated every where, markets, garbage collection, traders, schools, churches, bannibg okada wont solve the problem.

policing our borders will solve it, strong immigration laws.

whats the use closing the stable when the horses have already left?
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Accurate4u: 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
I have never support any APC government policy or directive but on this okada and keke ban I'm 100% in support, can you imagine on Admiralty way Lekki one aboki bike rider nearly stab me on issue he no nothing about before l could say a word they're more 10 aboki on me alone, assuming l didn't zoo off on time na so l go die ooooo. The rate at wish we have aboki in Lekki,Victoria island and its environ is alarming, l think sanwo olu is right on this ban

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Litmus: 2:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
AreaFada2:
Dude, everyone is confused. Do not believe anyone who claims to have a solution. They do not know where to start even if they had the will to do something. All this okada ban is cosmetics. Deep-seated rot, failure of governance, neglect and corruption leading to poor orientation of the masses struggling for own survival.

Okada transport gradually became popular around 1984/85. Often outside university campuses, especially those FG universities with huge campuses. And spread to general transport.

The reason okada became popular is because govt failed to sort transport problem as population grew, roads got worse and congested. We have good 35 to 40 years to sort it. Who would choose the suicide mission of okada ride to using clean, cool, fast and comfortable tram/rail of Dubai for example? Nobody.

Because we are confused, it's much easier to point fingers based on social class, tribe, religion, etc. A very dangerous thing.

35 to 40 years? where’s the emoticon for cough and splutter shocked 35 to 40 years is too long to wait for Nigeria to send man to the moon. No, a competent administration should be able to straighten Lagos roads system and public transportation in 5 -10 years. If we’re not heading for the moon, 35 to 40 years is what you set yourself for world beating transport infrastructure, which includes underground motorways in addition to that, forever on the drawing board, metro.

China has built more than 500 mega cities since 1978, roughly in the time it took us to build Abuja
https://gizmodo.com/chinas-building-cities-so-fast-people-dont-have-time-1446570856

China Can Smartly Build 10 New York Cities in 10 Years
https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/china-smart-building-10-new-york-cities-habitat-iii-oped

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by BeautifulDemon(f): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Hypocrite.

It is clear you are not only a hypocrite but a bigot.

I'm surprised you even feel slighted simply because an appropriate name has been given to your kind.

HYPOCRITE.
[/s]
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by BeautifulDemon(f): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Exactly why I called you a hypocrite and I'm glad I quickly sussed you out.

Of a sudden, I'm a Muslim for not buying into your prejudice.
[/s]
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by joyandfaith: 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
whizzy2good:

You are not talking about handwork again, na school you Dey talk about now. Okay ma. How will I get the 10k job iyawo Dangote. Last last na people like una Dey waka pass inside sun.

it is people like you that usually help me carry my bag. go to school or learn work. okada no be work
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by BeautifulDemon(f): 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

You are a hypocrite for trying to sell a fake story despite knowing the truth.
[/s]
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Giftexx: 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
I knew a ban was coming after they burnt a whole LG secretariat

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
berbs:

As much as the trekking bad for the past few days for us, I still feel the ban was timely. Which one would you prefer, trekking or unleash suicide bombers?
If u're talking of security, what is Lagos State doing about that? Do u think it's only okada riders that are suspects?
Come to my place in the morning, if u see number of those guys hussling to get a site job along the major road, u'l understand what I mean.

You can't just take off Keke alongside okada. How do u expect commoners to get to their destinations?
If not for the state of the roads, who will be thinking of okada..

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by budaatum: 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
YorubaKinging:
If you really believe in the bible, not for riches or prosperity, then youll know we are really close to the end..
And also according to the bible many people will die
So change your ways cos war, pestilence, famine and death is already here ....
Let he who have ears hear what the spirit is saying
The spirit is saying, Retool! Reskill!
Okada is dead!

Let those who have noses smell!
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Nauttyprof(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
ikorodureporta:
What of the inner streets wey okada still dey? terrorists no fit dey there??
Instead of regulating their activities, fixing our roads, with effective traffic management...
how many of us like okada??
Sotay dem ban Keke put..& still leave those tankers on the highway

It is a gradual process as regards the inner streets. Didn't you read the post to understand how whatever it is you are proposing won't work?

Is it until you start hearing of many deaths in Lagos, then you blame the government for doing nothing when they should?

Ask yourself if regulation or whatever you propose will work.

When the same government came up with PPE for the riders, what happened at the end? Do they still keep to it?

No regulation can address this.

Even with traffic management, haven't you seen bikers zoom off?

I can only support you on the road construction.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by BeautifulDemon(f): 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Weak.

[/s]
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
Nauttyprof:

It is a gradual process as regards the inner streets. Didn't you read the post to understand how whatever it is you are proposing won't work?

Is it until you start hearing of many deaths in Lagos, then you blame the government for doing nothing when they should?

Ask yourself if regulation or whatever you propose will work.

When the same government came up with PPE for the riders, what happened at the end? Do they still keep to it?

No regulation can address this.

Even with traffic management, haven't you seen bikers zoom off?

I can only support you on the road construction.

Okada came because of hold-ups. If there's a free flow of traffic, nobody will be talking about that. I'm not in support of having okadas on our highways, but all those inner streets, & routes that needs Keke should be reconsidered

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by joyandfaith: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

by the grace of God you will be sacked from your job and be told to learn bricklaying. in Jesus name

and you think God will answer your prayer? even satan will not listen to that prayer. okada/ keke no be work. go and acquire skills.
Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank. prov 22:29.NIV
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
joyandfaith:

it is people like you that usually help me carry my bag. go to school or learn work. okada no be work

Silence is the best answer for a full. Last last na okada your papa Dey drive
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by BecomeALandLord(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
tammie24:
Terrorist government is spreading their tentacles by releasing "rehabilitated terrorists" giving them bikes and sending them off to places where they have no business being in.

So that when they blow whistle for them say make them start wahala
You go dey wonder where them commot from come full everywhere
Tell me where the Hausa, Niger people sleep in Lagos
Can they even afford one room apartment in Lagos?
Yet they plenty pass the people wey get properties for there
They can do anything and disappear forever and nothing will happen
Talking from experience
As they carry trailer pack them go
Na so they go take pack them come back like cows!

Totally on point.
I totally support you
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by bobzy007: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Are you unemployed and looking to acquire a new skill?
Do you love to plan events?
Sign up with Indigocrystals for an intensive one-month training and enjoy 3-months mentoring on event management.
We're good at what we do.

Enrol with us NOW!!!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, Call: 07060590242, 08084207418

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Excelento(m): 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
ITS BETTER WE DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA AND
LET EVERYONE GO ON HER OWN.
BIKO, SHIKENA, GBAM, LOBATAN!!!
END OF DISCUSSION.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by joyandfaith: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
whizzy2good:

Silence is the best answer for a full. Last last na okada your papa Dey drive

original fool. your papa cannot even clean my shoe well because i will sack him.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Yodexy: 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
ProWalker:

Shut up!

Kazeem should either go learn a trade or go back to his village and farm.

Okada is not a professional or artisan job.

Why we get earn our daily bread, is because we added value to those around us.

A doctor adds value, by treating sick patients

An okada man adds value, by transporting commuters quicker and saving them valuable time that will otherwise have been wasted in a meaningless traffic.

Which law states that you must have artisan trade to be considered a value adding member of society.

Be guided.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by ProWalker: 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
Yodexy:

[s]Why we get earn our daily bread, is because we added value to those around us.

A doctor adds value, by treating sick patients

An okada man adds value, by transporting commuters quicker and saving them valuable time that will otherwise have been wasted in a meaningless traffic.

Which law states that you must have artisan trade to be considered a value adding member of society.

Be guided.[/s]

Carry your trade of destruction to any state that it’s legal
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Legendguru: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Oh
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by LZAA: 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
DabuIIIT:

We all know reading is pretty hard for some people grin

Lzaa immhotep
Afamed especially

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by divineappo(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
inasmuch as I support Amotekun against Fulani herdsmen

Honestly, everything Charlie boy said is Fabricated. The charlie boy of years ago is different from the charlie boy of today. The guy is now a political jobber full-time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by AreaFada2: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Litmus:

35 to 40 years? where’s the emoticon for cough and splutter shocked 35 to 40 years is too long to wait for Nigeria to send man to the moon. No, a competent administration should be able to straighten Lagos roads system and public transportation in 5 -10 years. If we’re not heading for the moon, 35 to 40 years is what you set yourself for world beating transport infrastructure, which includes underground motorways in addition to that, forever on the drawing board, metro.

China has built more than 500 mega cities since 1978, roughly in the time it took us to build Abuja
https://gizmodo.com/chinas-building-cities-so-fast-people-dont-have-time-1446570856

China Can Smartly Build 10 New York Cities in 10 Years
https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/china-smart-building-10-new-york-cities-habitat-iii-oped
Look, assuming we factor in Nigerian factor, democracy (where debate, oversight and legislative issues can delay projects) and lack of capacity, we have had over 30 years to democratise and get used to it, and build the know how to do these projects.

Fashola, Tinubu and Ambode have already had 20 years to sort Lagos out. Despite probably being the best performing governors, they could not. And Sanwo-Olu is still having to resort to draconian methods yet again.

Because we spend more energy politicking and, bickering and fighting over political positions, we hardly ever get anything of much help to the masses done.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by babapressy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
allow them to huzzle
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by GreyLaw(m): 10:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
payperpost:

feared? you are a joker! your are a mere coward who hide in the bush to kill innocent Nigerians because Yoruba's voted for one of you , abuse of power.

there is nothing like Hausa Fulani , its either you are a Hausa or Fulani , I spent 20 years in the north and I speak hausa and fulfude

we know all your tricks.

Bagobiri:
Frightening alert from Bishop Oyedepo.
This is from Pastor David Oyedepo (Resident Pastor, Canaanland), please read it. Sent as received.

On My Facebook Wall:

"Good morning friends,
I am stepping out to call on Christians in Nigeria, who are on Facebook, to focus more (90%) on what's going on concerning the church in Nigeria and some of the revelations coming out. If I have not had one of these revelations may be I won't be writing this after two other revelations given to other people. The two are completely in agreement with mine which came to me two days ago. I hesitated to come forward with it until few minutes ago when I heard the last one.

Christianity in Nigeria is under siege both spiritually and physically. I can confirm by the revelation I had that "local military group has been formed and trained for forceful spread of ... in Nigeria. What I mean is that, there is an 'army' already recruited, trained, armed and in position right now in different parts of Nigeria. This plan is not being cordinated by Nigerians alone but by others outside. The plan is not just being carried on physically but so much spiritual/demonic sacrifices is involved and on-going (oh where are our prayer warriors?). The aim of the spiritual angle is to keep flooding the minds of Christians and the leaders with evil cloud of worldliness in all its forms, prayerlessness, disunity, immorality and distractions through politics. Now, you be the judge about how far they have succeeded.

I am calling on Christians on Facebook to focus less on posting things about politics, economy, selfies, tribal stupidity, and unnecessary celebrations. There is war going on and if we fail to use the power of United prayer, effective mobilization and watchfulness, sometime very very evil will soon overtake us. The Lord is calling out to His people to forget the deceit of political and economic worries so as to see what a distraction they are and how the enemy is using these two to keep many among us so blinded from the evil plan against us. How much of your riches, acquisitions and wealth can you keep in death?
Please, let us keep our prayer altar aglow, our eyes wide open, mouth wide open, pens ready to write and spirit at alert. Let there be mobilization done by each of us (don't wait for someone out there to do it).

Pray, Speak up, share this post and others like it; let us use social media platform to mobilize God's people for action against the dragon!

If you are a leader in your congregation please mobilize your people; pray for confirmation from the Lord about these revelations (don't wait for instruction from your ogas before you seek the Lord on this and to also do as He bids you). Search for more information about these things and speak to the people whom God has given you responsibility over. Reach out to other leaders in your circle. Let there be quiet gatherings of leaders to think through these things and come up with strategies, going forward.

However, let us beware of false brethren in our midst. They are the ones who have gone to the other side to take evil powers and are among us as leaders. Please note that they will work for the enemy to protect their identity. They are being threatened with exposure if they fail to bring information from our camp.

Please, consider that herdsmen have been killing for several years now and no one can point to any legal process to punish the guilty. The security agencies especially the police, tell us not to resort to self help but to seek redress through proper channels. This does not apply to these herdsmen. These people kill, rape and destroy at the slightest provocation and no one ever tells them not to take laws into their hands or resort to self help. No civilian is permitted by government to carry automatic weapons but these herdsmen have enough to distribute to all their people everywhere they are and have been using these weapons against communities and yet no one is even talking about it.

How they are funded is not what I will write about here. Suffice it to say that, the plan to hide under cattle rearing as a means of furthering an evil, destructive religious plan is rife in Nigeria. Let us not think that these people are naive or mediocre (we are busy chasing money, social status, politics, tribal domination, denominational empires and 'blessing'. These ones are focused on the 'ASSIGNMENT'. For them, their lives depend on it). They are working according to plan. Agatu massacre and others alike which suppose to rally peoples of Nigeria against these advance of evil did nothing but to embolden the key players in high places about how easy the main target could be. They are retired intelligence officers, security personnel in and out of service. They are playing key role in government and it's not just about this present administration but the ones before this as well.

I call on Christians who reside in different parts of Nigeria to wake up and free themselves from the hold of tribalism, political control, ethnic loyalty/allegiance and denominational selfishness to reach out to one another. Let information be passed on about the warning from the Lord God Almighty. Our children should know what is happening and let them pray and call on God. These children should not be left to continue to live their lives as though nothing is wrong. They and their future is in danger if we all fail to do the right things now.

Our villages have been mapped, marked and put under the control of very intelligent, trained and armed field men who carry on life around us as security guards, cobblers/shoe shinners, Okada riders, labourers and so on. Do not be decieved because among these set of people are very intelligent, educated, trained, armed and connected few who are in charge of operations. They have access to more money than many us will believe.

This post is part of my own responsibility before the Lord and what you do with this information and others alike is your decision as we shall all render account to Him. May His grace abound towards each of us to overcome selfishness, lukewarmness, passivity, fear and arrogance.

Christianity in Nigeria is about to be attacked through ethnic fight! The plan is to cause a 'fracas' which will pitch herdsmen in different parts of Nigeria against the locals. This is supposed to escalate for their 'army' to wipe out communities for herdsmen to occupy...

The bill which has passed second reading at the national assembly to inaugurate a federal commission who will work with State governments to acquire lands in the 36 States for herdsmen is part of the 'tripple edge' approach. Let him that read have understanding. We know that it is against the fundamental human rights of people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for the government to single out a business line (cattle rearing is a personal investment of people and not a national resource) for such massive support. We see governments over the years support these cattle rearing through inaction whenever the herdsmen (who are just taking care of the cattles for the real owners) destroy farms, rape and kill. You need to do just a litte research so as to find out the real owners of these cattle and you will be shocked. There's more to say here but let's leave that for another day and for a different forum, may be.

Sin, Distractions and Disunity among Christian leaders and the led, in Nigeria, is about to cost Heaven more than eyes can see!

Oh Father, we are in need of help! You love us though we have continually failed you. Have mercy.....

Please, more important than your response to this post is the need for you to share it. We have more than a million Christians of Nigerian birth on Facebook. So, we need to reach more than half of whatever figure it is. None of us can tell what the Lord may impress on brethren to do in response to this. Imagine the increased massive prayer unto the Lord and so on!

The dragon we are up against is afraid of Christians who are spiritually alert, effectively mobilized, coherently organized, correctly informed, strategically positioned and United in purpose! This is the only reason for this post!
So, please don't break the chain.

And Buhari will remain silent and tell us that his conscience is clear. I have never seen a more wicked leader in my life. How Nigerians gave such a vindictive and intolerant leader a second term is beyond me.
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by Nauttyprof(m): 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Okada came because of hold-ups. If there's a free flow of traffic, nobody will be talking about that. I'm not in support of having okadas on our highways, but all those inner streets, & routes that needs Keke should be reconsidered

Reconsidered?? So, when security threats come up you will be part of the people who will call out the Government for not being proactive
Re: Charly Boy Reacts To Okada Ban In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Nauttyprof:

Reconsidered?? So, when security threats come up you will be part of the people who will call out the Government for not being proactive

you ppl shl go to hell with yr security threat!

Is it only okada business those class of people are doing in Lagos?? Why can't the govt go after every foreigners to get their relevant statistics??

or simply because the restrictions ain't affecting you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DaBaby Pays Lagos Hawker $100 For Few Packets Of Popcorn / 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Weird/Bad Dressing Habits (Photos) / Timaya Asks For God's Forgiveness For 'Ukwu' Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.