Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Ighalo Need A Month To Settle At United, Says Sanchez - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Need A Month To Settle At United, Says Sanchez (483 Views)

Video Of Ighalo's Lekki, Lagos Mansion. Money Is Good / "Ronaldo Is A GIANT And An IMPORTANT Player For Man United" Says Erik Ten Hag / 'I Will Give My Blood' For Manchester United, Says Ighalo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ighalo Need A Month To Settle At United, Says Sanchez by cpu2006(m): 8:48am On Feb 05, 2020
Former Watford coach, Quique Sanchez has backed Odion Ighalo to score goals for Manchester United, but he needs a month to settle down. Ighalo made a deadline day loan transfer to United from Shanghai Shenhua and many soccer pundits have warned coach Ole Gunnar Solksjaer not expect much from the former Super Eagles frontman. Flores, who has worked with Ighalo at Watford and in China said Ighalo will deliver. “Is he really ready for first-team matches in the Premier League because the physical difference is so big? He probably needs one month to recover the full rhythm. “The good thing is he knows his body well, works hard on injury prevention and he is always working after training. “I should say, also, that I felt in China, he gave exactly the same effort and quality as he gave me four years ago. We had the feeling in China that he could recover a high level with any team in Europe.” Solskjaer stated that United’s involvement in several competitions meant they needed an extra body in attack.“He (Ighalo) is a different type of striker, a proven goalscorer and a physical presence,” the coach said. “It’ll also give us a chance to rest Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial at times, as we’ve got so many games coming up. “We want to go far in the Europa League, we want to go far in the FA Cup and we’ve got league games coming up, so it was important we had another type of striker to use.” Ighalo could make his Premier League debut for Manchester United when they travel to top-four rivals Chelsea on Monday, February 17.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/ighalo-needs-a-month-to-settle-at-united-says-sanchez/

(1) (Reply)

Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display / Boxing Champion Mayweather Dies @58 (video) / Breaking Tottenham Star Son Completes Mandatory Military Service In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.