Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,691 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims (22097 Views)

Buhari, Nigerians In Ethiopia Observe A Minute Silence, Honor Boko Haram Victims / Soldiers Giving Water To Boko Haram Victims (Photos) / Atiku Speaks On Boko Haram Killing 100 Soldiers. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Yusman316(m): 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
einsteine:

Have you heard of Uthman Dan Fodio? In 1802, Uthman begun his Fulani Jihad despite the fact that more than 70% of the population was Muslim. It is possible for Boko Haram to attempt to make Nigeria an Islamic country while attacking Muslims, especially if Boko Haram and ISWAP think that the Muslims in Northern Nigeria are fake muslims. In a nut shell, your point doesn't invalidate the position that Boko Haram is indeed an Islamist terrorist group that want to engender their own version of Islamic/Sharia rule.
I'm not going to justify or condemn Uthman Dan Fodio's actions because I wasn't around by 1802. Story was his intentions were to purify Islam as at that time because the Hausa emirs were mixing Islamic beliefs with their traditional beliefs. Like I said I wasn't there. Boko haram represent what they represent, but it is not Islam. That's all I'm saying. Anybody can interpret anything to his or her liking, court judgement included by judges and lawyers. So boko haram can interpret the Qur'an to suite their fancy and claim they re doing the right thing. Does that makes it right? Absolutely not
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by einsteine(m): 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Yusman316:

I'm not going to justify or condemn Uthman Dan Fodio's actions because I wasn't around by 1802. Story was his intentions were to purify Islam as at that time because the Hausa emirs were mixing Islamic beliefs with their traditional beliefs. Like I said I wasn't there. Boko haram represent what they represent, but it is not Islam. That's all I'm saying. Anybody can interpret anything to his or her liking, court judgement included by judges and lawyers. So boko haram can interpret the Qur'an to suite their fancy and claim they re doing the right thing. Does that makes it right? Absolutely not

You know what, if Boko Haram wins the war and rules the country, the same story would be that Boko Haram purified Islam.

If Uthman Dan Fodio did not win, history would have seen him as a terrorist.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by foreshore(m): 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Now see your own sense

Deranged human beings everywhere
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Yusman316(m): 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
einsteine:

You know what, if Boko Haram wins the war and rules the country, the same story would be that Boko Haram purified Islam.

If Uthman Dan Fodio did not win, history would have seen him as a terrorist.

Ur probably right. But the fact that they re in the minority makes their task very Herculean
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by dragunov: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2020
yarimo:
so after noting his advice what next again?

Take some dynamites and blow yourself up into smithereens .
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:11am On Feb 07, 2020
yarimo:
so after noting his advice what next again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nine Years After, Zulum Reopens Bama-Banki-Cameroon Road / Relatives Of Late COAS Attahiru Absent As He Gets National Award / OBIdients Arrange Buses For Students Across The Country To Pick Up Their PVCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.