Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims (22085 Views)

Buhari, Nigerians In Ethiopia Observe A Minute Silence, Honor Boko Haram Victims / Soldiers Giving Water To Boko Haram Victims (Photos) / Atiku Speaks On Boko Haram Killing 100 Soldiers. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by fk002: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Your real parents, villagers and kindred will be ashamed of you. May your life forever be as Buhari's 1984 and 2015 Nigeria

I claim that it means I will become president for two consecutive times
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by paparazi1(m): 8:23am On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=JosEast post=86410487]https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/atiku-flays-buhari-over-claim-on-boko-haram-victims.html[/quote Good of you sir, talking like a true leader and not that clueless boss up there on the rock, who
we all know is a religious bigot and fanatic.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Deepthoughts: 8:25am On Feb 06, 2020
JosEast,:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/atiku-flays-buhari-over-claim-on-boko-haram-victims.html
when Boko Haram started 99%of their victims were Christians,I was in borno so I know it for a fact,then buhari n his likes never bothered much n were even sympathetic to Boko Haram,now that they have subsequently shot themselves in the foot they are cooking up useless excuses n rationalization, people can insult Atiku as they like but Atiku is certainly better n more capable than buhari taken out sentiments n propaganda.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by IhateGod: 8:27am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:
Mr serial Loser your advice is noted. grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by tonquendo4u(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:
You politicise everything and expect Nigeria to get better. Nawa
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by thatigboman: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:
it wasn't an advice, but as u refused to go to school like buhari your mentor, you wount understand
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by NwaliE01: 8:36am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:
PMB is the major serial looser that we all know.
Lost more than any presidential candidate in Nigeria History.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by HRMK: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2020
i think i agree with atiku on this even though i dont trust any nigerian politician!
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by AgentNairaland(f): 8:48am On Feb 06, 2020
foreshore:

You are devoid of sense if that's your response to the issue on ground

Now see your own sense

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by ignis: 8:50am On Feb 06, 2020
This country is finished
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by arsenal33: 9:11am On Feb 06, 2020
Atiku should tell CAN the same thing
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by arsenal33: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2020
EdiskyHarry:

wait so you are now comparing an association in Nigeria with the president of Nigeria ? do you know the meaning of president of a country, and the meaning of Association in a country?
are you saying CAN should not act in a responsible manner?
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by cyril10(m): 9:17am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:

Look at his teeth like cow own, you are the serial loser here.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by samfuntua: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2020
ddippset:
It is always very okay for people to keep on shouting that Buhari is using Boko haram to wipe out Christians in Nigeria.
Very okay.

But it's not okay for the man to point out that it's an irrational comment to make because a lot of Muslims are also being killed by Boko haram.

So when he does it becomes an irresponsible statement and he's accused of comparing deaths.

The President's message is simple;

"If I am using Boko haram as a tool to wipe out Christians then how come Boko haram has killed so many Muslims too if not more?"

In the interview published by al-Naba this week, Barnawi said that the group will now stop bombing mosques, as those attacks target pious Muslims who should not be punished by the group. Instead, he said, his militants will launch an even greater crusade against Christians, which will include “booby-trapping and blowing up every church that we are able to reach, and killing all of those who we find from the citizens of the Cross,” he said, according to SITE Intelligence Group, which tracks terrorist activity online.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/03/islamic-state-announces-new-leader-of-boko-haram-who-vows-war-against-christians/

On January 26, 2012, Ansaru released flyers in Kano announcing its “public formation” and saying it was a “humane” alternative to Boko Haram that would only target the Nigerian government and Christians in “self-defense.”40 Subsequent Arabic-language Ansaru videos in June 2012 dubbed in Hausa and English and statements to Kaduna-based Desert Herald showed Ansaru employed a pan-West African narrative similar to Mamman Nur and MUJAO.
https://ctc.usma.edu/leadership-analysis-of-boko-haram-and-ansaru-in-nigeria/

He's not comparing, but only making a rhetorical statement which every sane mind should sit quietly and ponder.

Atiku understands this statement but since he wants to contest in 2023, he would trigger the deep hatred in wailers for his poltitcal ambition.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2020
even all Muslims across Nigeria knows Buhari is stupid with that unpresidential statement

so to him because Muslims are the victims of insecurity, the killing should continue? Muslims lives means nothing to him?

it's quite unfortunate some sane human still support this dunce of a president on religion, ethnic and false integrity claims
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2020
fk002:

I claim that it means I will become president for two consecutive times
As dumb as the current state of Nigeria
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Kuginzi: 10:09am On Feb 06, 2020
SweetJoystick:

Pathetic if that's all you can say to the valid points he raised....SPITS
Mr Pathetic, your point is invalid, irrelevant, and irresponsible.

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by DrKKK1(m): 10:14am On Feb 06, 2020
To everyone condemning the president for his response. How will you respond to the myriads of accusations by CAN and most pastors that his government is using boko-haram to eliminate Christianity in the country that he sworn to protect? Whereas every sincere people knows that more muslims were killed by the same boko-haram. In every 10 people killed by boko-haram, 8 are Muslims. Buhari knows like Atiku the sacrilege of human life irrespective of the creed, but Atiku will hang on to any thing that will give him popularity whether right or wrong. Where was Atiku when Buhari was being attacked left, right and center of using boko-haram to exterminate Christians? Now that he is trying to defend himself, some blocked heads who never like him, are again hating and insulting him. What do you want him to have said?
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Nathan7(m): 10:49am On Feb 06, 2020
Both na politicians las las
Buh one seem genuine in his compassion for victims of insurgency than the other
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by baganas: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2020
SweetJoystick:

Pathetic if that's all you can say to the valid points he raised....SPITS
If Atikus statement is valid pmbs is also valid because he was responding to the claims that Christian's are the victims of Boko Haram prosecutions in northern states
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:

Funny enough if you meet atiku face to face now

You will fold up like worm wey dem pour salt undecided
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2020
Comedian2019:

Zombism is a serious disease. 30k bmc calling Atiku a loser grin
If your father is opportune to be Atiku aide, your life would have been better than a mere BMC e-warrior.

Lol
Someone calling a former vice president and a billionaire business man a loser while no one knows him for anything aside his moniker which is used for zombiesm

1 Like

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Lastmankc(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:
Sometimes, I wonder how you guys sleep at night. You lots are so pathetic, voracious, senile, disgruntled, sadist, ignoramus and delusional cretins with half baked brain.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by greygoblings(m): 11:25am On Feb 06, 2020
Life is precious, Before becoming Christian or Muslim, we have life first. So saying Muslims are the most killed, shows that this president isn't really intelligent. So, because Muslims are killed more, that justifies the killing of Christians? The kidnappings, shootings and beheadings are targeted to which religion? The kidnapped school children in Chibok are of what religion? Leah is of what religion?

The president is better off keeping quiet. His duty is to protect the lives of Nigerians regardless of religion and tribe. He is the president of Nigeria and not of the North.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by emmybako(m): 11:25am On Feb 06, 2020
We are tired of hearing talks, we need action sad
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Yusman316(m): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
ddippset:
It is always very okay for people to keep on shouting that Buhari is using Boko haram to wipe out Christians in Nigeria.
Very okay.

But it's not okay for the man to point out that it's an irrational comment to make because a lot of Muslims are also being killed by Boko haram.

So when he does it becomes an irresponsible statement and he's accused of comparing deaths.

The President's message is simple;

"If I am using Boko haram as a tool to wipe out Christians then how come Boko haram has killed so many Muslims too if not more?"

He's not comparing, but only making a rhetorical statement which every sane mind should sit quietly and ponder.

Atiku understands this statement but since he wants to contest in 2023, he would trigger the deep hatred in wailers for his poltitcal ambition.
Truer and sensible words have never been said than this, kudos to u for ur insight

1 Like

Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by Yusman316(m): 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
greygoblings:
Life is precious, Before becoming Christian or Muslim, we have life first. So saying Muslims are the most killed, shows that this president isn't really intelligent. So, because Muslims are killed more, that justifies the killing of Christians? The kidnappings, shootings and beheadings are targeted to which religion? The kidnapped school children in Chibok are of what religion? Leah is of what religion?

The president is better off keeping quiet. His duty is to protect the lives of Nigerians regardless of religion and tribe. He is the president of Nigeria and not of the North.
Most people will not take just a little time to go through other people's comments before commenting. If u did, u will realize some one even answered the points u pointed. Did boko haram select chibok and dapchi girls like rice n beans base on religion before abducting them? U people keep claiming boko haram, killer herdsmen and co are trying to make Nigeria a sharia country. So the simple question is, the terrorists operating in middle eastern Muslim sharia practicing countries are trying to achieve what?
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by terrifiesme(m): 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
yarimo:
I expected a more rational response to this contribution. It has nothing to do with loosing election or not. He speaks the truth and you should embrace it instead of the hate speech that is valueless... Pls this is not a place to just make anyhow speech without reasoning..
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by greygoblings(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
Yusman316:

Most people will not take just a little time to go through other people's comments before commenting. If u did, u will realize some one even answered the points u pointed. Did boko haram select chibok and dapchi girls like rice n beans base on religion before abducting them? U people keep claiming boko haram, killer herdsmen and co are trying to make Nigeria a sharia country. So the simple question is, the terrorists operating in middle eastern Muslim sharia practicing countries are trying to achieve what?

Firstly, my comment is my reaction to the OP's original post and not a reaction to other people's post or comments. If I were to react to a person's comment, I would have quoted them. Secondly, I am not really concerned if anyone answered my points or concerns, I am more interested in sharing my own views. Finally, if you actually read my comments well and between the lines, you'd realize that I was saying that the lives of every person is precious and it is the duty of President of Nigeria to protect the lives of every citizen without playing the blame game of religious cladding and that Christians are being killed and targeted only because they are Christians and nothing else.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by einsteine(m): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
superlanny:
I never thought I would do this, but this shows how highly cerebral I am, unlike my brothers, that will still type nonsense because they hate Buhari.
Atiku is a bloody rogue and criminal, but on this I stand with him, even tho I know he is taking cheap shots at Buhari, we are all suffering from the evil Boko Haram, irrespective of religion or region.
They are somethings Buhari should avoid saying, his word sounds like bigotry, but am sure he meant no harm.

Buhari, Like Ahmadu Bello is an ethnic rabble rouser and ideologue. But you think he means no harm...

If he meant no harm, he would never contest as president, just as Ahmadu Bello never aimed for national leadership positions. The Sardauna knew that as a tribalist, it was better to concentrate on his own people.
Re: Atiku Disagrees With Buhari Over Claim On Boko Haram Victims by einsteine(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
Yusman316:

Have you heard of Uthman Dan Fodio? In 1802, Uthman begun his Fulani Jihad despite the fact that more than 70% of the population was Muslim. It is possible for Boko Haram to attempt to make Nigeria an Islamic country while attacking Muslims, especially if Boko Haram and ISWAP think that the Muslims in Northern Nigeria are fake muslims. In a nut shell, your point doesn't invalidate the position that Boko Haram is indeed an Islamist terrorist group that want to engender their own version of Islamic/Sharia rule.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw / 2023 Presidency: Why I Will Pick Tinubu Over Osinbajo - Hon Bosun Oladele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.