Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,149 members, 7,860,120 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

The Ministry Of Criticism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ministry Of Criticism (338 Views)

Coronavirus: Winners Chapel Reacts To Criticism Of Service Held On Sunday 22nd / Mbaka Changes Because Of Criticism From Social Media. / Hipocrisy Beneath The Shades Of Criticism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ministry Of Criticism by jonatoye(m): 6:59am On Feb 06, 2020
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: The Ministry of Criticism

WORD FOR TODAY
Don't invest your life, precious time and resources into the ministry of criticism. Allow God to judge everyone according to their deeds!!!
Scriptural Reference
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? . . . first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.( Matthew 7:3-5 NIV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything you see men doing is a prototype of what you can also do; rather than criticizing people, examine yourself to see if you are doing the same thing in a different dimension. Explore your strength in removing every speck in your eyes.

Let the speck in the eyes of men remind you always of the need to repent from the short comings in your life. The best you can do in this end time; is to stand like Joseph, David and Daniel of our time.

Don't be eaten up by what others are doing. The dimension of your judgement towards others will also set a bench mark to your own life for judgement. Don't be too quick to criticize men based on their appearance either in words or in deeds. At best, discuss with them and pray for them even as you commit your life to God in that respect!

Prayer Point:
Lord! I receive the grace to place much priority on important issues of my spiritual life in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Main Emphasis:
Every man will meet God and face Judgement. There are pressing issues that require much attention in your life than engaging in the ministry of criticism!!!

Have a Refreshed Thursday!!!

1 Like

Re: The Ministry Of Criticism by Eviana(f): 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
Acehart,
You are correct.
There is a righteous judgment that Christians are told to exercise

John 7:24 (KJV)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

I think that oftentimes, we tend to abuse that "right to judgment" when dealing with our brethren.
We are very critical of our brethren, rather than praying for, being firm yet loving, and encouraging towards them...when we too have faults that need to be eradicated.
We aren't sometimes, really in a position to rebuke others when we have just as many faults.
Christ is the measuring stick.
So I was looking at that aspect of the OP.

Appreciation for making that point, and showing the balance.
Re: The Ministry Of Criticism by Acehart: 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Hi,

I have highlighted the text above to introduce what I think about your admonition. Matthew 7:3-5 was not the beginning of the discourse. We would have to go back a chapter to see that Christ’s warned his disciples to desist from the practice of the Pharisees, the hypocrite and the Gentiles. Verse 5 from your first reference text shows that Jesus was referring to the hypocrite not his disciples. The hypocrite was not to judge because he is not qualified. Luke 6 shows that Jesus was referring to the blind leader, the evil man.

Apostle Paul writes to us that the spiritual man judges all things (not like the carnal man who has only his perception to guide his judgement). In the judgement of the spiritual man, Christ is his guide. We can see how the Church in Ephesus found out the lies of the Nicolaitans in their midst.

The verses you quoted in the way you did, makes many Christians docile. The Church in Ephesus May have lost its first love, but they had not forgotten to judge all things - We are to judge all things in righteousness.

Let the scriptures in its fullness guide your admonition so that you would strengthen the weak hands.
Re: The Ministry Of Criticism by jonatoye(m): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
Acehart:
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Hi,

I have highlighted the text above to introduce what I think about your admonition. Matthew 7:3-5 was not the beginning of the discourse. We would have to go back a chapter to see that Christ’s warned his disciples to desist from the practice of the Pharisees, the hypocrite and the Gentiles. Verse 5 from your first reference text shows that Jesus was referring to the hypocrite not his disciples. The hypocrite was not to judge because he is not qualified. Luke 6 shows that Jesus was referring to the blind leader, the evil man.

Apostle Paul writes to us that the spiritual man judges all things (not like the carnal man who has only his perception to guide his judgement). In the judgement of the spiritual man, Christ is his guide. We can see how the Church in Ephesus found out the lies of the Nicolaitans in their midst.

The verses you quoted in the way you did, makes many Christians docile. The Church in Ephesus May have lost its first love, but they had not forgotten to judge all things - We are to judge all things in righteousness.

Let the scriptures in its fullness guide your admonition so that you would strengthen the weak hands.

Thanks for your submissions. I understand it perfectly. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: The Ministry Of Criticism by Acehart: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2020
Eviana:
Acehart,
You are correct.
There is a righteous judgment that Christians are told to exercise

John 7:24 (KJV)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

I think that oftentimes, we tend to abuse that "right to judgment" when dealing with our brethren.
We are very critical of our brethren, rather than praying for, being firm yet loving, and encouraging towards them...when we too have faults that need to be eradicated.
We aren't sometimes, really in a position to rebuke others when we have just as many faults.
Christ is the measuring stick.
So I was looking at that aspect of the OP.

Appreciation for making that point, and showing the balance.

Hi,

The tongue is a servant of the heart. When one of the ‘brethren’ criticizes, the right question to ask is: is that brother regenerated? The hearts (in the church) are like the soils in the parable of the sower: hard, shallow and good soil. If a brother is fond of criticizing, I dare say that he had not been to the Cross of Calvary, the place of regeneration.

Not many are born again but they have a form of godliness; Because we see them in the church and they talk like someone from a church we tag them “Christians.” Those who are born of the spirit are merciful: I’m sure they join Paul in seeing nothing good about themselves saying, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” Or Isaiah in saying, “Woe is me...I am a man of unclean lips”. Jesus said, “But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” Those who criticize amongst us have not been forgiven of much because they think they are perfect (in their own eyes); they are self-righteous - they don’t have a loving heart, the good soil.

But one thing I have observed is this: teachings stating that we are saved by works breeds self-righteous people. So it is also important that if one is saved, he knows the right ground (church) to flourish in. Prayer is very important too: those who pray for even their enemies don’t indulge in negative words about anyone because righteous prayers purifies the heart. So churches that pushes us to pray for the misfortune of anyone are to be avoided.

You may ask: are you saying those who are born again don’t criticize? We do (at our baby stage); as Paul and experience says, “I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.” We do criticize; but as we age in Christ we stop because of the Lord’s discipline (with strokes of His cane).

I’m sorry for the late response.
‭‭

‭‭
Re: The Ministry Of Criticism by Eviana(f): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
Acehart:

Hi,

The tongue is a servant of the heart. When one of the ‘brethren’ criticizes, the right question to ask is: is that brother regenerated? The hearts (in the church) are like the soils in the parable of the sower: hard, shallow and good soil. If a brother is fond of criticizing, I dare say that he had not been to the Cross of Calvary, the place of regeneration.

Not many are born again but they have a form of godliness; Because we see them in the church and they talk like someone from a church we tag them “Christians.” Those who are born of the spirit are merciful: I’m sure they join Paul in seeing nothing good about themselves saying, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” Or Isaiah in saying, “Woe is me...I am a man of unclean lips”. Jesus said, “But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” Those who criticize amongst us have not been forgiven of much because they think they are perfect (in their own eyes); they are self-righteous - they don’t have a loving heart, the good soil.

But one thing I have observed is this: teachings stating that we are saved by works breeds self-righteous people. So it is also important that if one is saved, he knows the right ground (church) to flourish in. Prayer is very important too: those who pray for even their enemies don’t indulge in negative words about anyone because righteous prayers purifies the heart. So churches that pushes us to pray for the misfortune of anyone are to be avoided.

You may ask: are you saying those who are born again don’t criticize? We do (at our baby stage); as Paul and experience says, “I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.” We do criticize; but as we age in Christ we stop because of the Lord’s discipline (with strokes of His cane).

I’m sorry for the late response.
‭‭

‭‭

No problem...take your time replying (if/when) necessary.
You have written well again. Lots of self-introspection needed.

Psalm 139:23-24 (KJV)

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Atheists, Any Advice? / Why Are Religious Bodies Not Donating To The Corona-virus Pandemic Effort! / What Is Fueling The Rise Of Atheism? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.