Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi (55553 Views)

Kidnappers Caught Along Okene-lokoja Express Road, Kogi State (video) / Bolufemi Princess Motunrayo: Suicide Or Murder? Facebook User / Corper Princess Motunrayo Bolufemi Commits Suicide In Kogi (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Graxie(f): 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Una Don see am, the kidnappers around that road is horrible. Nobody is talking about it in our government. Be supporting nonsense, you might be the next. Abuja -kogi road is a death trap.

2 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by poiZon: 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
TheOutlaw:
Motunrayo Rafiu, a recent graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, has been kidnapped on her way to resume at the Abuja campus of the Nigerian Law School.

Miss Rafiu left her home in Ogun State on Tuesday morning. It was gathered that she was kidnapped along Kabba road in Kogi State.

She was earlier declared missing by her colleagues and friends, who posted her pictures on social media, but the news of her abduction was later confirmed by her mother, Kudirat Rafiu.

[img]https://images./4WCWDmNzQUM1EBmwfUOXxd.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./4fS7bT8Dl15lMUFvUbMh6y.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./3fshEXyEIpbq2uVkr2DYKt.jpg[/img]

Mrs Rafiu, who spoke with this correspondent on Wednesday, said the abductors made a demand of N5 million.

Meanwhile, she did not disclose whether or not there are plans to pay the ransom.

“I was calling her line all through yesterday. At a point, she even complained that I was calling her too much. It was not up till 15 minutes after she told me that the bus arrived Kabba that she refused picking calls.

“I was worried and another relative helped in trying her phone number. Later yesterday, someone who introduced himself as a soldier informed us that Motunrayo alongside others were victims of kidnapping and that their luggage are still in the bus.

“This morning, she (Motunrayo) was the one who called with an unknown number that she was kidnapped and the kidnappers are demanding five million naira,” the mother told our correspondent.

Mrs Rafiu said the family reported the case to officers at a police station in Ogun state but was informed that the incident happened outside their jurisdiction.

When our correspondent reached out to the police spokesperson in Kogi, Williams Aya, he said he was not aware of the incident.

Mr Aya requested for the details of the kidnap, which PREMIUM TIMES forwarded to him immediately.

SURGE IN KIDNAPPING

Aside from the resurgent Boko Haram attacks in the North-east, there have been increased cases of killings and kidnappings across the country.

This led to protest by members of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) across the country on Sunday.

The menace of insecurity topped the topics debated in the Senate last week.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/375894-graduate-kidnapped-en-route-nigerian-law-school.html
Shebi na these people been need shange
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
my god, Buhari is really USELESS.

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by CSTR2: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
IJOBA2:
HER PUSSAY WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME AGAIN embarassed
Those animals would most likely defile her.

Women suffer the effects of bad governance the most, anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Charly68: 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
I think Buhari has lost control of the Govt if not things won't go like this ,if a military man remain unperturbed about daily kidnapping and killings things have gone from bad to worse

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
koni da fun Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by aminusodiq(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
fergie001:
Thank God say person don comot there for NYSC.....

May you be found in one piece.
congrats... Now dem dey talk say all batch A go do pop for lokoja lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Perfecttouchade: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
E be like dis thing dey worst everyday...when the youths are left with no concern from the government, Nigerians yaff suffer gidi gan..God save dis young girl I pray. ...earn when you refer to us, we fabricate Aluminium windows
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
Where is amutekun and northern shege group? Please, rescue this lady
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
IJOBA2:
HER PUSSAY WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME AGAIN embarassed

whats new it was already broken by afonja dicks in ogun, nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by ogongogames(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
So when my relatives state that I shouldn't travel by road, they weren't playing around. How common are these kidnappings along Lagos-Benin route?

I am travelling to Nigeria later in the year and I intend to visit my grandfather's hometown in the Esan region, Edo State. The problem with flight is once one gets to Benin, I need to find a car for the remainder of the journey (50 mins-ish). Initially, the plan was to use car (due to the door to door convenience and can also bring goods) but this is getting ridiculous. I thought the my main worry would be bad driving/accidents but the way things are going....I might even cancel the visit to Edo.

My prayers with all those involved. I pray you all return home safe and healthy.

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Galaticos444: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
The police said they aren't aware of d incidence,please is there anytime the police ar aware of incidence like dis

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Merciful77: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=Afriifa post=86422339]Source?[/Oh Lord please let Motunrayo be found safe and sound in Jesus name amen quote]

2 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by tiger28: 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
Bring back CHECKPOINTS, especially at interstate borders . Checkpoints must be randomly changed every few days so criminals won't know where the checkpoints are ..... UNFORTUNATELY, our Nigerian Police will use it as Payday SO a highly specialized and trained Checkpoint unit must be created. Also, Nigeria needs a Crime Czar who is an international Law enforcement Civilian Professional who can dissect and Proffer solutions to these crime epidemic with a DIRECT REPORT TO THE PRESIDENCY.....Law enforcement isnt only by AK47 . All these CP , AIG, IG came up from the same rotten Nigerian system so they are insensitive to many things therefore someone from outside the country will be an ideal candidate. This is coming from a former NY Law enforcement officer.

2 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by IranianSea: 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
Kingrexyl:
This country isn't safe anymore, thank God I've left the shithole.
And so? Got something more to tell us? Lol... The funny part of the whole thing is that most of guys claiming you're out of the shithole really in more deep shit than the one you left behind. Deep down inside most of you wish had you know you stay back cuz the shit you're facing out there more worst grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Dangrace01: 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
God please help us in Nigeria. Let me ask can a kidnapped person make phone calls?
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Slymonster(m): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
Graxie:
Una Don see am, the kidnappers around that road is horrible. Nobody is talking about it in our government. Be supporting nonsense, you might be the next. Abuja -kogi road is a death trap.

Not only that abuja Kogi.Every damn highway in nigeria. It has become a norm. I know of a friend brother that was kidnapped close to benin coming from Lagos. I dont know how kidnappers will be making calls and security agent cannot pin point their location. Very scary

3 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Enemyofpeace: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
And Longman is still calling himself president. Shameless man! I spit on you Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Bear007(m): 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Kingrexyl:

Very selfish of you, why u no tell us before leaving...
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Enemyofpeace: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Dangrace01:
God please help us in Nigeria.
heaven helps only those that help themselves
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by fergie001: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
aminusodiq:
congrats... Now dem dey talk say all batch A go do pop for lokoja lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
During my time, that was how it was.

E no make sense oooo....the risk is more. That Obajana road ...hmmm

Let them allow corpers do it at their zones.
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Kingrexyl:
@'old age u ll come backgrin
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Kingrexyl(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
IranianSea:

And so? Got something more to tell us? Lol... The funny part of the whole thing is that most of guys claiming you're out of the shithole really in more deep shit than the one you left behind. Deep down inside most of you wish had you know you stay back cuz the shit you're facing out there more worst grin grin grin
Most of them but not me, I'm living a fulfilled life here.
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by spirul77: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Chai, God has been really merciful to me o, I use this road to and fro,from Abuja to edo-delta and ogun.and i also ply Abuja Kaduna road every sunday , in fact I have a farm in Abuja Kaduna road. thank you Jesus for my safety o. I pray she returns to her family untouched.
Wetin person eye don see for Nigeria roads for this sai baba administration no be small.

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Jabioro: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
It was an incident that happened outside the state therefore it was not there jurisdiction the police had said...I am tire of this country, honestly did crime had jurisdiction..the law or the act guiding the jurisdiction should not be attached to crime.. anything robbery, kidnapped bandits
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by delawal: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
CSTR2:
And yet some idiots still feel that buhari is the best thing since sliced bread.

I have never been a fan of atiku. I didn't vote for him.

But I honestly now believe he would have been much better than buhari and his clowns.
u re part of d problem. enjoy ur change
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by anonymuz(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
Kingosytex:

Has it ever been safe?
e don tey wey this kontiri don yamayama
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by Enemyofpeace: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
Longman at the villa should be ashamed of himself . Things were not this bad under Jonathan that was just a bloody civilian, unlike this so called General. General my yansh
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by centboy123456(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
Kingrexyl:

where are you now bro
Re: Motunrayo Rafiu, Law School Student, Others Kidnapped On Kabba Road, Kogi by aminusodiq(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
fergie001:

During my time, that was how it was.

E no make sense oooo....the risk is more. That Obajana road ...hmmm

Let them allow corpers do it at their zones.
it wasn't like dat bfor... Pop is done in d respective local government!!! Dey ar trending a very risky path angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother-in-law Poisons Her Son’s Wife, Balogun Yetunde To Death In Kwara (photos) / Ikorodu Bank Robbers Captured. / Suicide Note Of Chukwuebuka Akachi: UNN Student Commits Suicide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.