Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Education Or Career: I Need Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Education Or Career: I Need Help (379 Views)

Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? / Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education Or Career: I Need Help by YungRashey: 3:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
Good afternoon sir and ma,
Am a graduate of Demography and Social Statistics (BSC). I graduated with a second class lower, Am not sure of the next thing to do either to further my education or for career.
Am thinking of going for another BSC cos my low grade in my first degree was due to lack of finances and sickness during my 100 level to 200 level I was unstable in school due to illness which was later operated, My 100 to 200 level my cgpa was 1.95 but I was able to build it to 3.41 which I graduated with and my lack of finances was taking care of by one of my uncle.

Now I think if I go for another BSC I will be able to come out with a better grade because no more sickness and worries about finances.

Or I should continue with my masters degree since I meet the 3.0 minimum requirements.

Then career, During my school days I was able to go for 3D flooring training which is currently a fast growing business in Nigeria.

Also, am into graphics designing and pictures/videos editing also 3D animations thus I don't have a laptop, I basically use my phone for all that, so should I train myself more on that.

And lastly, am a bit good in statistical analysis software like SPSS EXCEL STATA which I trained myself during my final years

Note am just 20 years so I don't think age will be a barrier in any decision I make.

Please I need to choose between these in case the story is much

- Another BSC

- Masters degree

- Careers: 1. 3D flooring business 2. Graphics designing and 3D animations 3. Statistical analyst.
Re: Education Or Career: I Need Help by YungRashey: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
Mods, pls help me push this thread to
the frontpage
Cc Mynd44 Lalasticla Dominique
Re: Education Or Career: I Need Help by YungRashey: 11:07pm On May 21, 2020
Re: Education Or Career: I Need Help by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:38pm On May 21, 2020
Please forget about going for any additional degree except it's a masters degree. 2 2 isn't as bad as you think especially with those skills you have listed up there.
Re: Education Or Career: I Need Help by YungRashey: 7:32pm On May 22, 2020
Thanks
Re: Education Or Career: I Need Help by Jokerman(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2020
Get your career with skills on the line.

Go for masters and forget any 2nd Bsc
Re: Education Or Career: I Need Help by ecolime(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2020
Second degree is a NO NO because age is not on your side and life goes beyond your 1st degree.

If you have a specific career path under Social statistics that you want to pursue, you can go for your Masters and keep applying for jobs concurrently.

If you don't have a clear cut career path, you can explore the areas of your video editing skills. Do professional courses in it or do apprenticeship under proven professionals. You can stand on your own when you've gained ground.

(1) (Reply)

Ui/ux Design Masterclass / You Can Start A Career In Digital Marketing With Only N1,050 / CPSM Certification By ISM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.