Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? (11432 Views)

My Job Is Ruining My Family / What's The Best 21 Century Skill To Learn / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Machidon: 8:44am On Nov 17, 2021
I am the first born in the family, due to financial challenges, I want to know if it Will be wise to further my education base on promises by family members to sponsor my education or should i learn a skill......

And secondly want to know the type of skill one can learn to help the family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Bombastically00(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2021
How old are you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by dumahi(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2021
You can acquire a skill in any of the following mainstream areas:

- UI/UX design
- Data science
- Digital marketing

If you want something less formal, you can also learn how to earn by helping people on social media. I got an ebook on that yesterday and it makes sense. Let me look for the thread and post it here.

Above all, be determined. First borns always face a lot of challenges.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by CandyOps(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2021
Business na the way fwd oh... especially online business. Even as a student I de use my school fees to enter Onitsha main market buy goods resell in school.

I no wait for mama or papa. The pocket money I get from them na additional. All man on him own because na 6 my papa born. So apart from the school fees I no too depend on them

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by psucc(m): 9:36am On Nov 17, 2021
If I must be honest with you, start a biz or learn a skill. When you gather enough, you can now go on self-sponsor.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Machidon: 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
How old are you?

I am 29.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Machidon: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
psucc:
If I must be honest with you, start a biz or learn a skill. When you gather enough, you can now go on self-sponsor.

Please what type of skill can one learn to fetch him money. I mean a skill that's not over crowded in the labour market.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Machidon: 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bombastically00:
How old are you?

I am twenty nine.
Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Machidon: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Machidon:

Please what type of skill can one learn to fetch him money. I mean a skill that's not over crowded in the labour market.
As it is now, concerning Nigeria economy,what type of business can one start.

1 Like

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by psucc(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
Machidon:

As it stands today, because of the economy, everybody is on DIY (do it yourself). So it will be difficult to say a particular skill is not overcrowded.

Yet, if you can carve a nitch for yourself,better. It may be too good to from here suggest a biz for you. Just look around town and find out what services you can render and also have passion for.

May you find favour with the Lord.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Bombastically00(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Machidon:

I am twenty nine.
Can u learn baking... U will work as an apprentice for 6months and u are going to be paid

9 Likes

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Falseprofet2: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
angry
Combine both

Whatever you do, don't believe in juju. Ritual killing is a scam. It doesn't work(ednut1)
I see more nigerians realizing that skull mining is fake and you cant get money doing it

13 Likes

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by hamaworld(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Anywhere Belle face

1 Like

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by lonelydora: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Please do not rely on your family members for your education. They will disappoint you. Learn a skill now and try to save money for education later.

There is no age limit for schooling.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by AntiWailer: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Go to school.

Dont make a life altering decision because of anybody.

They will ask u why u took the stupid decision much later.

Struggle and send your self to school. Every Body will be alright.

If u miss the opportunity to break the poverty barrier because of anybody, u will join them in the suffering.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Mood11: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Skill dear. With that in no time you can support your family and further your education.

Acquiring a degree is never time bound

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Kizyte(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Learn skill and further your education later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by ednut1(m): 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Go into IT and do some courses. Furthering education most times is furthering sufferings.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
My niggarr not that I'm discouraging you or something, forget school, go and hustle

At 29 my niggarr, you ought to be bringing food to the table.

At 29, you dey find sponsor, my niggarr you need to level up.

Go learn crypto trading, put all your mind to it and thank me later.

I said what I said.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by chloride6: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
Your family will be fine. If you think you'll be able to help them now, just wait until you hwv graduated, you'll be able to help them more.

You can go to school and even make money in school. You just need to be strategic with the school.

Don't go to school inside the bush..lol...

Look for a school in the centre of the city i.e Unilag, UI, Uniabuja etc. You fit dey run one or 2 things alongside.

I also hope you are academically sound, if not you maybe wasting your time.

You need to be smart to combine school, work and at least make 2:1 (very important!!!)...

Don't go and study nonsense also... - physics, microbiology, geography, political science etc. Law is good, but money may not come quickly.

Study engineering, computer science, accounting, building technology, Medicine etc.

You'll probably be better off with that..

If you are science inclined, go for computer science.

Enjoy

Modified: you are 29?

grin grin grin grin grin

Alaye enter street.

That advice above is for below 24

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Odetokun3(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
Do what pleases you please and follow your mind, at the end, it is about you and you alone!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by lasisi69(f): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy Start Self - Discovery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Abudu2000(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
Baba go to school, you will get alot of updates there

7 Likes

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by money121(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by BiafranAttorney(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Try and do both if necessary and won't be too stressful for you. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by Junnior: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Skill

Learn how to make money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by geelite(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
bro, enroll yourself in national open university and also start to learn skills immediately. national open university is a distance learning

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by surequality: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Learn skill + further education

1 Like

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by redcliff: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
how old are you, what level of education are we talking about her?

1 Like

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by travelwaka: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Why Not do this
1. You can Study while still learning a skill. To be sincere the job market is crazy.
2. It will take you months to learn a skill and years for a university education - In the Nigeria of today education and skills doesn't even guarantee success which is why you have to do the two to increase your odds. As you are getting a formal education, you can also be learning a skill. By the time you are done learning the skills. That way you can be earning while you are studying, Your course mates will be patronizing you.
3. Another choice to consider. If you have a family member with good statement of account that can sponsor you to study in the UK. All he needs to do is to provide you his statement of account as a sponsor and make part payment for your first year tuition. The tuition can be spread out. It doesn't have to be paid once. You can then be studying in the UK while you are also working, Though this may be a little hectic but that way you are getting a formal education and also working, making foreign currency to hold yourself and also maybe send money home once in a while.

We are currently working with some schools in the UK to help students process admission. This will come at no cost to you. You are not paying anyone. Application is free. You will buy the visa fees yourself and make payment to the schools directly. If this is the kind of thing you are looking at please kindly click here to register

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by crazygod(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Learn a skill. Graphic designing and video editing. These guys are in high demand

6 Likes

Re: Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? by hustler23486: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
dumahi:
You can acquire a skill in any of the following mainstream areas:

- UI/UX design
- Data science
- Digital marketing

If you want something less formal, you can also learn how to earn by helping people on social media. I got an ebook on that yesterday and it makes sense. Let me look for the thread and post it here.

Above all, be determined. First borns always face a lot of challenges.
can I get the ebook please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As A Federal Government Worker, How Will You Celebrate This Christmas? / NECA Insists Banks Will Retrench Where Necessary / Sharia Court Orders Tailor To Pay For Missing Clothes Or Go To Jail(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.