Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out (1461 Views)

Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! / IPPIS: Why Some Lecturers Are Getting N6000 Salary – Accountant General / "Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by Petfadblog1: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
The Rector of D.S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori-Ewekoro in Ogun state, Prof. Alfred Fatade on Monday said that some of the lecturers in the institution are not fit to be a secondary school teacher.

He maintained that some of the lecturers do not fit to be in secondary schools not to talk of tertiary institution.

The rector stressed that many of the lecturers do not meet and interact with other sister’s institution so as to see how things are being run there.

Prof. Fatade explained that the lecturers including the chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic, D.S Adegbenro branch does not have any teaching method.

He said, “some of them (lecturers) are not fit to be in secondary school, not to talk of being in tertiary institution.

“They do not meet, interact or do investigations from sister’s institution even within the state not to talk of outside.

“The chairman of ASUP claim to have some little content knowledge, but unfortunately for him, he is in my field which is mathematics.

“On more than three occasions, I have entered his class and got dissatisfied with his method of teaching.

“He doesn’t have any method of teaching, his delivery method is zero and pedagogical content knowledge is zero.

“He does not care whether students understand or they don’t understand.”

Prof. Fatade however stressed that the university would embark on bringing professionals so as to flush those lecturers that does not worth to be in the polytechnic.

“We will call professionals to come to the school to look at situation especially those in the academic setting."

https://www.gistsfanz.com/2020/02/my-lecturers-are-not-fit-to-teach-in.html

The questions are, is the rector of D.S Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic saying the certificates of the students of the institution are useless and is it that there is no place for the students of the institution in the Labour Market, since the lecturers of the institution are not competent? Please let us know your opinion in the comment section below.

1 Share

Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by edoairways: 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
What you expect from a system that stress on certificate and grade
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by DaniDani(m): 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
This prof rector is de-marketing the institution that he's supposed to market and project in good light. This is something that he ought to have said in a closed door meeting with board members of the institutions and silently weed out unsound lecturers thereafter. This rector should be queried if he said this to a journalist in response to an interview.

2 Likes

Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by Kingrexyl(m): 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
Almost 50% of them are like that, half baked and they are the ones that are very strict!
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by Mathiasa(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
From everything said here by prof, I think he has a personal issue with his ASUP body. But on a more serious note, some of the so called lectures are not fit to teach even in a primary school.
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by Petfadblog1: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
� � � �
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by partnerbizn4(m): 8:02am On Feb 07, 2020
not nice to say in public
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by EvilPOTATO(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2020
He may be honest with his remarks but he is pulling down the school.

Although the polytechnic is the common man's hope to affordable education. No matter what he says, candidates will still troop in enmass for admission
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by EvilPOTATO(m): 8:33am On Feb 07, 2020
He may be honest with his remarks but he is pulling down the school.

Although the polytechnic is the common man's hope to affordable education. No matter what he says, candidates will still troop in enmass for admission.
Re: My Lecturers Are Not Fit To Teach In Secondary Schools, I'll Flush Them Out by Petfadblog1: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2020
� � �

(1) (Reply)

Abu Zaria Post Ume Result / Nigeria's Ex-leaders' Schools Flourish As Public Schools Rot - Naija Is Lawless / Crutech Post Ume Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.