Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,267 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari (607 Views)

Igbo Exit From Nigeria, An Irrevocable Loss – Ebikapade Amasuomo / Black Live Matters And The 2020 US Presidential Election – Ebikapade Amasuomo / Why Are Our Yoruba Brothers Supporting This Evil – Ebikapade Amasuomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by Idonmakeam: 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
https://whistletimes.com/2020/02/06/president-buhari-2/

A Nigerian lecturer and Social advocate, Ebikapade Amasuomo has called on President Mummadu Buhari to live up to his electoral promises. In his address to the president, Ebikapade Amasuomo said; although I did not support president Buhari prior to his victory in 2015. I joined other Nigerians in rejoicing with the president over his victory. I genuinely wished him well. Nigeria is my only country, hence, it is my desire and wish that President Buhari will take the nation to greater heights. I believe that elections should never be a do or die affair, therefore, if your candidate do not win an election, the best thing to do is to join hands with the winner and hope for the best.
It is therefore, heart breaking seeing the direction Nigeria is headed under President Buhari. Since 2015 till date, it’s been tales of woes and misfortune. Nigerian lives have never been this cheap throughout history. People are killed on daily basis. We have lost count of the number of people killed since May, 2015 till date. For how long shall Nigerians continue like this?
The most painful part is that Nigerians are not seeing an angry president. We are not hearing from the president. The same Buhari who was granting media interviews all over the nation during his electioneering campaign in 2019 has refused to address Nigerians on the killings and kidnappings that have become a hallmark of his administration.
Only recently, the South West region of the country decided to take measures to ensure protection of lives and properties in the region by setting up a regional security outfit. Such steps are indications of the fact that people are losing confidence in the ability of the federal government to protect them. It is obvious that if the security situation of the country remain in this present state, many more regions and even individuals may follow the South West example. Nigeria may end up with multiple security services which may present some challenges to the sovereignty of the state.
In a bid to prevent the above scenario, Ebikapade Amasuomo appealed to the president to make haste while the sunshine. He pointed out that, it is not too late to save Nigeria. The president can still save the situation by first realizing that he is the President and that the buck stops at his table. Then he must take steps towards tackling security issues headlong through alleviation of poverty which is at the core of this current crisis. In addition, the social advocate said the president should push for a more inclusive government where people from various ethnic groups can have a sense of belonging. This is important as many Nigerians have accused president Buhari of pursuing an ethnic agenda through his appointments and body language.
Ebikapade Amasuomo said, personally, apart from the border closure policy of this administration, I am yet to see any other tangible progress, policy or direction by this government. To me, it seems the president does not understand that he is the man at the helms of affairs. Nonetheless, I wish President Buhari all the best in his effort towards steering Nigeria out of this current quagmire.

Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by clevvermind(m): 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
We will defend ourselves if nothing is done by Buhari to save lives and properties. We cannot allow those his brothers to kill us like chickens. never. It is time for action.
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by awetaiye2015: 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Is bullhari a name of an animal, place or thing?
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by Idonmakeam: 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nigeria will survive.
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by Impostor: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
Just today the president said "I have kept my promise of ending Boko Haram"

https://www.nairaland.com/5672491/buhari-kept-promise-end-boko
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
All of una go beg for break up soon.
You think you are talking to a rational man?
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by Iruabua: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
You are right.....No anger from the president, only surprise!! What a big shame and disappointment
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by Impostor: 9:55am On Feb 07, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
All of una go beg for break up soon.
You think you are talking to a rational man?

Meaning? The North will never. Oil money sweet
Re: Nigeria Is Burning Under Your Watch – Ebikapade Amasuomo To President Buhari by Idonmakeam: 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
Still relevant

(1) (Reply)

Video & Pics: Crowd Welcome President Buhari To Ondo State / About 41 APC Chieftains Defect To PDP In Zamfara / Why God Will Block Corona Virus From Abia; Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.