Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) (94891 Views)

Ifeanyi Michael Isibor Dies Of Gunshot Wounds In His Farm In Delta (Graphic) / Former UFC Champion Velasquez Arrested On Suspension Of Attempted Murder / Meet John Jairo Velasquez — Pablo Escobar’s Top Hitman Who Killed Over 250 Peopl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Danielnino00(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2020
Rilikoko:
There is actually a movie series about him, telling his story shortly after Pablo’s death.....too bad I can’t recollect the name again but it’s in Spanish and subtled to English

Narcos.
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Beedude(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2020
encryptjay:

The name of the series is "Surviving Escobar," just checked it.

cc
Rilikoko,
klins4213
Haven't seen Surviving Escobar but Narcos also portrayed his activities as a drug lord

1 Like

Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Danielnino00(m): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2020
Beedude:

Haven't seen Surviving Escobar but Narcos also portrayed his activities as a drug lord

He was portrayed as Valesco, right? Pablo's right hand man at La catherdal ...
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nickymezor(f): 11:51am On Feb 07, 2020
. Gosh this animal in a human form was_ ruthless n brutal shocked undecided undecided Glad karma got him.. May all those whose lives were snuffed out by him continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Beedude(m): 11:55am On Feb 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

He was portrayed as Valesco, right? Pablo's right hand man at La catherdal ...
Yeah. U are right
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Danielnino00(m): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Beedude:

Yeah. U are right

I think he was killed in the show...
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Godsonkemz(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
tyup:
He'd be Burning in the deepest part of hell as we speak

Igbos drug lord disgracing Nigeria abroad may y'all end like this. insha Allah

Start making use of your brain. Afonja Yoruba Muslim.
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Kpokrikpo: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:

Nwanne grin
K way?
Nwanne mmadu, udo na achi
Kee ije
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Kpokrikpo: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hisduchess:

Ezigbote nsi efi.o na eche echiche ka efi ahu fa na achighari grin
Gbam, lol
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by DAVE5(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Repentance does not mean no penance.

Remember that despite David's repentance and sack clothes and ashes, his child still died and he was still punished for his offence.

That you have repented means you won't do it again.

But the one that you have already done, you will account for it.

That's true justice

Not like Buhari type of Justice where Boko Haram members who have killed people say they have repented and they are given dinner and set free.

True justice makes you accountable for everything you've ever done. Good and bad. That's true Justice.

In the end, neither you, I, nor any nairalander is God, so we don't know what would happen to him, it might just be that he has been forgiven and is in heaven right now

Your statement is more like you wishing he got punished for his wrongs and not a true reflection of what is

Who knows? Neither you nor I
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
DAVE5:

In the end, neither you, I, nor any nairalander is God, so we don't know what would happen to him, it might just be that he has been forgiven and is in heaven right now

Your statement is more like you wishing he got punished for his wrongs and not a true reflection of what is

Who knows? Neither you nor I

He is in Heaven. Where is heaven?

You don't need to be God to know the Truth of the Universe. undecided
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hisduchess:

I admire how you write,are you really a Rev father?

Awww...thanks.

No, I'm not.
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by einsteine(m): 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Do you believe that this physical life that we are living is all that there is?

Don't you think that there is life after we exit this material plane?

Do you think that things happen arbitrarily?

If they do, then the earth should be spinning fast towards the sun.

The same law that keeps everything in its proper place is also that which applies to the tiniest creature on planet earth.

There are Three Principles of Life

And there are Seven Laws of the Universe.

I won't say more than that.

People don't necessarily pay for their crimes here. There are other planes of existence which are invisible to our eyes, but which we access once we shed our materiality.

Trash.

All talk of Karma is trash.

In Europe, there is a country called Belgium, they came to Congo, Burundi and Rwanda and commited great atrocities and looting. One would have thought that this law of Karma would balance things but no, not only is Belgium one of the best and most successful countries in the world, the countries they exploited are even worse.

When you ask karma advocates to explain why there has been no recompense for those who have suffered, they go all mystical talking thrash like the above.

Which kind yeye plains of existence? Have you been to those false plains of existence you talk about?

1 Like

Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Goldicon2(m): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Nice One Explorer.. Nairaland is Lucky to have you oh
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by DAVE5(m): 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

He is in Heaven. Where is heaven?

You don't need to be God to know the Truth of the Universe. undecided

Well, going by ur Username I though you beilieved in God, I don't where you stand

But for me, whatever you believe or believe in or don't believe in, you can't say what would happen to him after now or where he'd be, you can't judge, ur own race of life is right before you.
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by dederocs(m): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Life of crime...lucky bastard .
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Finnestgreat: 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
tyup:
He'd be Burning in the deepest part of hell as we speak

Igbos drug lord disgracing Nigeria abroad may y'all end like this. insha Allah
Guy u no get sense at all ewu
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Carlyboi(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
generationz:
It takes a psychopath to kill that many people and not be troubled by it.

Reminds me of the movie Goodfellas.
smiles the good fellas!directed by martin Scorsese Al Pacino joe Pesci it’s arguably one of the 100 greatest American movies of all time on BBC’s list!
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Finnestgreat: 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Roon9:
Explorer on the beat.

Trapping like the narco Got dope like Pablo Cut throat like Pablo Chop trees with the Draco On the Nawf, got Diego Saying hasta luego (luego) Muy Bien wrapping kilos Snub nose with potatoes grin

Pablo Escobar was just too ruthless
are u a musician
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Papadoh(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rilikoko:
There is actually a movie series about him, telling his story shortly after Pablo’s death.....too bad I can’t recollect the name again but it’s in Spanish and subtled to English
Narcos: Infinity War
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Finnestgreat: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
Roon9:
Explorer on the beat.

Trapping like the narco Got dope like Pablo Cut throat like Pablo Chop trees with the Draco On the Nawf, got Diego Saying hasta luego (luego) Muy Bien wrapping kilos Snub nose with potatoes grin

Pablo Escobar was just too ruthless
i no grab what u posted
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by DAVE5(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
einsteine:

Thrash.

In Europe, there is a country called Belgium, they came to Congo, Burundi and Rwanda and commited great atrocities and looting. One would have thought that this law of Karma would balance things but no, not only is Belgium one of the best and most successful countries in the world, the countries they exploited are even worse.

When you ask karma advocates to explain why there has been no recompense for those who have suffered, they go all mystical talking thrash like the above.

Which kind yeye plains of existence? Have you been to those false plains of existence you talk about?

Tuale!!! You speak sense

But like I told him, no one knows

The afterlife might as well just be a void, a place, a heaven/hell, reincarnation, whatever, but we as humans don't know

Some would claim they slept and saw vision, those cld be any kind of manifestation whether real or unreal... No one knows

But as for me though, I believe in God, I believe in the afterlife offering us heaven or hell based on our deeds here, that means I should live right while I'm here, I can't be perfect but I'll try to be good to all who I come across

If i kpai, if there's a heaven I pray to be there, if there's non, I guess I have not wasted my effort after all, a life well lived would have been my reward

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
I was nodding my head in agreement to your points from page one until I got to this particular post... u ruined everything with this Cos this your response is not palpable and it is religious-sided

Hmmm...

Religious-sided?

Religion is what it is. A tool to get you on the path of spirituality. Religion is not evil but It gets you no further. Spirituality on the other hand takes you home.

That there is life after this one we are currently living in is an ancient occult truth not based on any religious formula.

Same as the fact that when you stand in front of the mirror, what you actually see is your birthday suit and not your real self because your physical eyes cannot see your real self unaided.

If I've left out a lot here, it is because, like Jesus the Christ said, "you don't cast pearls before swine". Meaning that not many people will understand it and they'll only see it as gibberish.

But, when the student is ready, the teacher appears.

But I know what I have seen... smiley
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
DAVE5:

Well, going by ur Username I though you beilieved in God, I don't where you stand

But for me, whatever you believe or believe in or don't believe in, you can't say what would happen to him after now or where he'd be, you can't judge, ur own race of life is right before you.

I believe in God. The Maker of heaven and earth. The Maker Of all things visible and invisible. And I believe in Jesus the Christ too. I also believe him when he said that people who say heaven is here or it is there are wrong, for heaven is right within you.
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by jendoslim(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Do you believe that this physical life that we are living is all that there is?

Yes, convinced that there is more to life than this terrestrial abode

Don't you think that there is life after we exit this material plane?

I suppose there is

Do you think that things happen arbitrarily?

Not really, my point is, you cant possibly equate consequences with actions here on earth... No known laws adhere to this (you can prove me wrong though)

If they do, then the earth should be spinning fast towards the sun.

Lol, I am a geographer... So, no comment on that.

The same law that keeps everything in its proper place is also that which applies to the tiniest creature on planet earth.
Agreed

There are Three Principles of Life
Expatiate please

And there are Seven Laws of the Universe.

Mention them, let applies it arbitrarily

I won't say more than that.
Okaies.

People don't necessarily pay for their crimes here. There are other planes of existence which are invisible to our eyes, but which we access once we shed our materiality.

Hmmmmm....
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
einsteine:

Thrash.

First off, I assume you wanted to say trash not thrash. Huge difference.

Second, that you don't understand a concept or a principle doesn't mean it is rubbish. A proud person would call it trash because it supercedes his intelligence and he is hurt that he doesn't understand. A humble person will keep asking questions until his thirst for knowledge of the Truth is satisfied.

Third, Karma is just a result of one of the Seven Laws of the Universe. The Law of Cause and Effect. Rest assured, nobody who has done bad in this life goes without reaping the fruit or consequences. That includes you and I. Those who will reincarnate into this world again will do so. They reap the fruit of their labour. They will learn (hopefully) from their earlier mistakes and be able to make spiritual progress.

We are all on a journey after all. Not everyone will get there though. But those who will get home will.

Fourth, have I been there. Yes I have. There are no words invented to explain it. You'll just have to work on your own spirituality to see what others have seen and continue to see.
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Hisduchess(f): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Awww...thanks.

No, I'm not.

Okay.you welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by DAVE5(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

I believe in God. The Maker of heaven and earth. The Maker Of all things visible and invisible. And I believe in Jesus the Christ too. I also believe him when he said that people who say heaven is here or it is there are wrong, for heaven is right within you.

Since you believe in God, you also know his ways are not yours, the person in question could be in heaven, who am I to judge, my only question is why would anybody say the man is in hell or should go to hell, we are not God. He alone holds judgement and gives reward for our deeds

Your quote threw me off as to whether you believe in God or not,

R.I.P to the man though
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
DAVE5:

Since you believe in God, you also know his ways are not yours, the person in question could be in heaven, who am I to judge, my only question is why would anybody say the man is in hell or should go to hell, we are not God. He alone holds judgement and gives reward for our deeds

Your quote threw me off as to whether you believe in God or not,

R.I.P to the man though

smiley
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by Laslaslala: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
e] it's either you don't know what you are doing or what is doing you
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by generationz(f): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
Carlyboi:
smiles the good fellas!directed by martin Scorsese Al Pacino joe Pesci it’s arguably one of the 100 greatest American movies of all time on BBC’s list!

Yes, it's a great movie. grin
Re: Jhon Jairo 'Popeye' Velasquez Dies Of Cancer At 57 (Pics) by seanwilliam(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Hmmm...

Religious-sided?

Religion is what it is. A tool to get you on the path of spirituality. Religion is not evil but It gets you no further. Spirituality on the other hand takes you home.

That there is life after this one we are currently living in is an ancient occult truth not based on any religious formula.

Same as the fact that when you stand in front of the mirror, what you actually see is your birthday suit and not your real self because your physical eyes cannot see your real self unaided.

If I've left out a lot here, it is because, like Jesus the Christ said, "you don't cast pearls before swine". Meaning that not many people will understand it and they'll only see it as gibberish.

But, when the student is ready, the teacher appears.

But I know what I have seen... smiley
as a religious person, I agree with you to some extent....
RELIGION is just there to guide our actions and behaviour..atleast, to suit the society expectation..
Also no one can be so sure of life after this one, you should argue base on what you KNOW, not what you are told..
.. I'm a xtian though not a practising one, I believe in heaven and hell, but my believe can be true or false.. I'm not really sure either hell or even exists, but I believe based on what I've heard. So when you make research or argue or teach, make sure it carries other faiths, believes, race along..

An atheist would not see sense in your post cos they deal with fact,reality and not far fetch.. when you are arguing or talking from religion perspective, always use the word "I believe ".. that would make your speech concrete , accepted and not being bigoted....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Justice Yusuf Halilu Who Sent Maryam Sanda To Death / Ghanaian Prostitute Pushes Client To Death From Hotel Window (Video) / Suspected Yahoo Boy Reveals Real Face To Client He Duped $600 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.