Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) (73294 Views)

Delivery Man Remanded Over Stolen Bike In Lagos Dies In Prison / Driver Crushes Two Thieves To Death After Snatching A New Bike In Ibadan (Graphi / Okada Man Shot Dead By Armed Robber Who Boarded His Bike In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Btruth: 8:24am On Feb 07, 2020
Most dirtiest police force in the world. Imagine?i hardly could found a policeman on our roads not fathoming a trouble to the public.

I honestly don't know how the FG want to re-educate all of them.
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by adanny01(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2020
I don't keep police men even as friends. They are the lowest of all crooks.

Laws can be turned upside down and innocent Nigerians bear the brunt.

Same way a power bike is labeled okada to impound it is the same way FRSC label a 2015 production tire as wornout tire to impound your car.
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Grace001: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2020
Most of these rank and filed police are so unintelligent and stvpid, if you have ever had a conversation with any of these foolish rank and file officers you’d know what I’m talking about. They say foolish things from that their gutter mouth and you begin to wonder how they got enlisted into the force.

That’s what you see in a useless country like Nigeria where they recruit idiots as police men. Imagine police seizing a power bike with 4 plugs calling it okada, this shows how stvpid these rank and file police can be.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Yaribanzaonic: 8:27am On Feb 07, 2020
[s]
post=86444959:

Illiteracy is not a disease, it is something worse.

Our Policemen need a total orientation programme, especially at this time.

Olodo Olopas! grin cheesy wink

Help us ask them o!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by israelmao(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2020
Nigerian Police easily and pretentiously generate memory loss in order to involve in corrupt act.
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by drlaykay(m): 8:31am On Feb 07, 2020
Terrible set of people..
Yesterday I took a public transport (the mini danfo)..
Half way to my destination, I saw a group of policemen, heavily armed, who stopped us. With a COMMANDING tone and gesture he said “everybody get down".
We later learnt that cultist/okada riders were rioting in that domain prior to our arrival and the police and other security agents were deployed to alleviate the unrest.
They needed the vehicle to move into the streets to restore stability. Wondered why such rude attitude was employed also exposing us to danger.
Initially I wanted to talk but I just held my peace. I might end up being an undue scape goat as the tension was high

4 Likes

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by adebayo111: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2020
Venerable612:
Smiles...

Don’t blame them...

Yoruba doesn’t have a name for POWERBIKES ....

Everything is OKADA.

Modified: For those quoting/mentioning me, I am full flesh Yoruba man. And anyone with his right senses will know my comment was pun intended.

It takes nothing from the fact that The Yoruba language does not have names for powerbikes. I don’t understand how that is a problem with you lots?
so the policeman that caught him is a Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by BreconHills(m): 8:32am On Feb 07, 2020
J111333:
Most men of Nigerian Police are illiterates and bring nothing but disgrace to the nation so I'm not surprised. undecided

Quite right. The worst of us, oppressing the best and most promising of us. That's the story of the police.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Obataopue: 8:35am On Feb 07, 2020
[s]
post=86444959:

Illiteracy is not a disease, it is something worse.

Our Policemen need a total orientation programme, especially at this time.

Olodo Olopas! grin cheesy wink

Help us ask them o!
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by toprealman: 8:43am On Feb 07, 2020
Ishilove:
I wonder if these policemen are actually orientated before being unleashed on the streets or are just being deliberately dense for sake of the bribes they want to extort from road users.

Very useless people.
I am dealing with one now. Egoistic bunch, empty heads.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Ihategirls(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2020
Like few days back, they arrested a dispatch rider going to deliver foods to customers

Such a stupid police force

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by backbone503(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2020
The Police force, like any other institution is a true reflection of the Nigerian state. There is something fundamentally wrong with this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by hisgrace090: 8:44am On Feb 07, 2020
Shibaraba:
Anything police na money. Anything. Let's just stay safe guys. What if them tbroway bullets enter your body carry you go say you be wanted criminal. Wetin person go do? Just be safe

I hope you didn't end your entire life in fear.
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Basher8583: 8:44am On Feb 07, 2020
saintvc:
every rule that has to do with banning is a medium to flex muscle and make money by police

The question on ground now is this. What's the biker fully kitted? it's not enough that the bike must be to the standard specs of Lagos State government but he must also be fully kitted. If not the police has every right to arrest him
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by farem: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2020
J111333:
Most men of Nigerian Police are illiterates and bring nothing but disgrace to the nation so I'm not surprised. undecided

They are not illiterates, they are just self-afflicted with stewpidity and ignorance

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2020
thieves in uniform, that is how they acquire properties through stealing.

they know how to check peoples vehicle particulars but dont register their own vehicles.

never buy things from them.
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Slimtzy: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2020
most of Nigeria policemen take any new laws as avenue to extort innocent citizens.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Sensini123(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2020
That is what they are good at. Ultimate opportunist
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by afecgivers: 8:52am On Feb 07, 2020
[quote author=LosC post=86442519]Some policemen on Thursday were reportedly disgraced after they tried to seize a power bike belonging to a Lagosian while on his way to work.

According to the facebook user who also happened to be the man in question; Nmutaka Chikwendu stated that he was accosted by the officers of the Nigerian Police after they sighted him on his power bike while on motion , and before they could take any action, passers-by had already surrounded the officers, asking if the bike was a commercial motorcycle popularly referred to as 'Okada.'

The Policemen however, turned a deaf ear to the lamentations of the passersby and blatantly refused to release the power bike to the owner but things turned around when one of the passersby put a call through to the Police Command and it was finally released.

The Facebook user Nmutaka Chikwendu had to narrate his ordeal:

You see my friend! Nigerians can show unmerited support when you least expect it. How i which we will all rise up to say NO to all the anomalies in this country.
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Grace001: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2020
Basher8583:

The question on ground now is this. What's the biker fully kitted? it's not enough that the bike must be to the standard specs of Lagos State government but he must also be fully kitted. If not the police has every right to arrest him

I guess you didn’t read what the OP posted very well, police said “ they sent us signal to seize all bikes” they didn’t say any thing about kits. They are foolish if they had to hear from their superior to know if it’s okada or a power bike.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by PicLtd: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2020
The problem is your judiciary have never made the police pay huge damages to victims of police brutality.

The day a court awards millions against the police and freezes the I.G's official and personal account until those millions are paid is the day citizens will win the war against police brutality.

Until then you all can keep deceiving yourself that you are in a democracy. When you are actually enslaved in 'one nigeria' with a judiciary run with Shariaist ideologies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Olam09(m): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2020
Heh heh

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by kokomilala(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2020
Impressive! This is the kind of brotherhood and mass act Nigerians need to forge from the furnace of collective suffering to defeat irresponsible governments.
I'm against commercial biking but hey,this is not okada, oga police na!!! This is for personal use.Thus,it is outside the affected items in the law banning commercial okada.
At times,I just wonder why our policemen behave like mentally deficient gang?
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by MorataFC: 9:03am On Feb 07, 2020
@ LocS

Pls what app did u use to rewrite the the articles from the Facebook abi u type them one by one?
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Iheoforlex: 9:05am On Feb 07, 2020
Funny enough I saw this happen in ifako but I was in A mini bus going to bariga the crowd was helpful tho ja bless

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by lovchalice(f): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2020
Power bike dey sweet them, let them buy for themselves

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by sweetgala(m): 9:12am On Feb 07, 2020
LosC:

The same Police will still make use of ordinary bike for different purposes, most especially for public transport.
Don't mind them

The fact remains, you can use an okada motorcycle for personal transportation in any part of Lagos.

The ban it must be stressed applies to the use of Okada or any motorcycle for commercial transport purposes outside of courier services. It is still legal to own a road worthy motorcycle of any design with a cylinder capacity ≥200cc and carry a passenger.

It is rather unfortunate that some rascals in the NPF continue to bring what is otherwise a congregation of honest hardworking men/women into disrepute
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:15am On Feb 07, 2020
When I googled "the country with the worst police force" in d world and I did not find Nigeria, two things hit my humble minds: either Nigerian police had bribed their way out at some point or they not recognized. Nigeria police no follow. At all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by GideonOluwatobi(m): 9:16am On Feb 07, 2020
LosC:
Some policemen on Thursday were reportedly disgraced after they tried to seize a power bike belonging to a Lagosian while on his way to work.

Useless police

See as the other one no waste time climb d bike?
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Horus(m): 9:17am On Feb 07, 2020
IQ tests should be mandatory before applying to be a member of a police force
Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by Alfredah01: 9:20am On Feb 07, 2020
Some power bike that’s more expensive than car, nah where their brain carry them reach be that lol olopa

1 Like

Re: Policemen Seize A Power Bike In Lagos (Photo) by VolvoS60(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2020
ideatoprince18:
Policemen are the most useless set of people.... I know there are good ones bit the bad eggs just make it impossible for me to like them.

Exactly same thing happened .... A Naval friend of mine came visiting and we decided to go and hang out at a cool spot. On our way there was a road block with policemen, they stopped our bike and asked us to come down.

Despite telling them that the Okada is private and we were friends actually going out they corked guns and pointed to our heads and seized the bike. My naval friend kept quiet , he just told them to tell him their station that he is coming to bail his bike .... The idiots were busy shouting "come with your #50,000".

He went back to Naval base and came with a whole lot of naval guys went to the station and requested to see the corrupt policemen or else they will turn everywhere upside down. You need to see the way the Foolish policemen were shaking and begging .. U will not believe that they are same people who cocked and pointed guns to our head. My Naval friend and his guys collected the bike and took the men away.

I Can only Imagine the Kind of drilling they would have received at naval base!!!!

^^^
The naval ratings and those policemen are two sides of the same coin. There is no difference between them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest's Convoy Attacked By Unknown Gunmen (Video, Pics) / Man Beheads Beautiful Girl In Lagos Because Of Money(Graphic Photos) / Woman Sacked By Her Husband For Moaning During Rape By Robbers Arrive Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.