Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily (29944 Views)

Benefits Of Good And Bad Deeds / Striving Hard, Competing For Good Deeds In Ramadaan – Shaykh Ibn Baaz / Opposition To Sukuk: CAN Is Playing ‘dog In The Manger’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by 12Monkeys: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2020
Jaynom:
Lol. Muslims can keep cows, Horses, goats, Rams, donkeys, etc yet somehow a dog can "Ruin your good deeds" ? this is why our country cannot move forward. If we continue to have people who think like this, we are finished!

They are allowed to FCK goats and cows

6 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 07, 2020
Dog again !!!!
Nawow

2 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by madridguy(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2020
Ameen, and you too sir.

Uhtred:
God bless you my brother.
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Higgies(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2020
Lukgaf:
Alhamdulillaah wasalaatu wasalaam ‘ala rasulillah

Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wasallam said: “Whoever keeps a dog, a qiraat from his good deeds will be deducted every day, except a dog for farming or herding livestock.” (in another narration 2 qiraats) Al-Bukhaari (2145) Muslim (2978, 2943) See Sharh Muslim by al-Nawawi, 10/342; Fathul-Baari, 5/9.

This imply that it is not permissible for a Muslim to keep a dog, unless he needs this dog for hunting, guarding livestock or guarding crops.

Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wasallam said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image.” Ibn Maajah (3640) Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah. This indicate that it is haraam to keep a dog, except for those which were exempted. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in Sharh Riyaadh al-Saaliheen, 4/241

As in necessity, it is permissible to keep dog for guarding houses so long as that is outside the city and that there is no other means of guarding the house. The presence of difficulty requires that allowances be made to effect ease because Islamic law is built upon achieving ease not upon imposing hardships. Therefore, if a house is in the middle of the city there is no need to keep a dog to guard it, so keeping a dog for this purpose in such situations is haraam and is not permitted, and it detracts one or two qiraats from a person’s reward every day.

The Muslim should not imitate the kuffaar by running with the dog or touching its mouth and kissing it, which causes many diseases. Sharh Muslim, 10/236, Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/246.

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion and accept it as an act of ‘ibadah.

Source: Fish class foundation
Asalaam alaikum wr
please I want to ask, how about I rented a flat in a building and the landlord has a dog.
The dog does not enters my flat or even the building. However it strolls in the compound and also has it cage there.
Please in this case, What is the ruling and am I safe from Qiraat deductions ??
Jazakumllahu khayran
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Mccullum: 9:58am On Feb 07, 2020
The problem of some people is neglect-ion of the fact that every religions, culture and traditions has way and method of doing things according to the doctrine of faiths, religion goes with instruction from God or gods while culture is about way of life.

The atheism is also a religion and what make it different is lack of believing in existence of God or gods while others believing in existence of God which can also be view as faith its own.

The Islam simply means total submission to the will of Allah. the muslims aware of this and accepted to fulfill it, I'm surprise seeing some responds that suffering from the syndrome of unacceptability of other peoples' faith and doctrines which is uncivilized that can be compare with same syndrome that Boka Haram insurgents are suffering from against Christians.

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by 12Monkeys: 9:59am On Feb 07, 2020
Higgies:

Asalaam alaikum wr
please I want to ask, how about I rented a flat in a building and the landlord has a dog.
The dog does not enters my flat or even the building. However it strolls in the compound and also has it cage there.
Jazakumllahu khayran

That dog is preventing the muslim demons from visiting you

5 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Donbosco46: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2020
acedsportsng:
Una stupidity still dey surprise me every day. Ordinary dog kwa??
Dog is not ordinary is one of the most extra ordinary animal in the world. I tell you that even spirit don’t enter house where there is dog because dog see spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by 12Monkeys: 10:01am On Feb 07, 2020
Mccullum:
The problem of some people is neglect-ion of the fact that every religions, culture and traditions has way and method of doing things according to the doctrine of faiths, religion goes with instruction from God or gods while culture is about way of life.

The atheism is also a religion and what make it different is lack of believing in existence of God or gods while others believing in existence of God which can also be view as faith its own.

The Islam simply means total submission to the will of Allah. the muslims aware of this and accepted to fulfill it, I'm surprise seeing some responds that suffering from the syndrome of unacceptability of other peoples' faith and doctrines which is uncivilized that can be compare with same syndrome that Boka Haram insurgents are suffering from against Christians.

The world would have been a better place without Jews and Muslims.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by 12Monkeys: 10:04am On Feb 07, 2020
Donbosco46:

Dog is not ordinary is one of the most extra ordinary animal in the world. I tell you that even spirit don’t enter house where there is dog because dog see spirit.

Dogs are the most empathic creatures. They can even sense when you are seriously ill even before symptoms begin to manifest.

They guard us when we are fast asleep from evil.

Muslims hate dogs because dogs know they worship a demon.

Muslims don't eat pigs because that will be tantamount to cannibalism.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Ykc2(m): 10:10am On Feb 07, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

It's halaal of cos.

And you atheist can eat dogs, Cockroaches and rats as you like!
if dog saliva touches your cloths you need to wash it before praying ,you muslims are a joke ,all you Muslim that use everything made in China an atheist country that eat anything eatable ?

8 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by 12Monkeys: 10:14am On Feb 07, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Naturally Africans don't keep dogs except for hunting & security, however with the coming of colonial masters, our copy copy brothers are now keeping dogs on their beds. These photocopying machines forget that dogs have these bacterias (rabies) that are fatal to mankind.
The endangerment of the general public is a selfish act, and many people have been killed by these dogs, it takes a dog to keep a dog.

Before the White man you were swinging from tree to tree and offering human sacrifices for change of weather.

8 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by tartar9(m): 10:41am On Feb 07, 2020
All these xtian dogs in this thread,hope my good deeds won't be reduced.
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:42am On Feb 07, 2020
Ykc2:
if dog saliva touches your cloths you need to wash it before praying ,you muslims are a joke ,all you Muslim that use everything made in China an atheist country that eat anything eatable ?

Islam does not forbid trading with Christians or Atheist or Jews, etc, regardless of their lifestyle. What we are concerned with is the content of the product. So i see no point in this comment of yours!
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by fortran12: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2020
Lukgaf:
Alhamdulillaah wasalaatu wasalaam ‘ala rasulillah

Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wasallam said: “Whoever keeps a dog, a qiraat from his good deeds will be deducted every day, except a dog for farming or herding livestock.” (in another narration 2 qiraats) Al-Bukhaari (2145) Muslim (2978, 2943) See Sharh Muslim by al-Nawawi, 10/342; Fathul-Baari, 5/9.

This imply that it is not permissible for a Muslim to keep a dog, unless he needs this dog for hunting, guarding livestock or guarding crops.

Prophet salallahu ‘alayhi wasallam said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image.” Ibn Maajah (3640) Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah. This indicate that it is haraam to keep a dog, except for those which were exempted. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in Sharh Riyaadh al-Saaliheen, 4/241

As in necessity, it is permissible to keep dog for guarding houses so long as that is outside the city and that there is no other means of guarding the house. The presence of difficulty requires that allowances be made to effect ease because Islamic law is built upon achieving ease not upon imposing hardships. Therefore, if a house is in the middle of the city there is no need to keep a dog to guard it, so keeping a dog for this purpose in such situations is haraam and is not permitted, and it detracts one or two qiraats from a person’s reward every day.

The Muslim should not imitate the kuffaar by running with the dog or touching its mouth and kissing it, which causes many diseases. Sharh Muslim, 10/236, Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/246.

May Allah grant us understanding of His religion and accept it as an act of ‘ibadah.

Source: Fish class foundation

Everyone know your prophet was afraid of dogs mostly black dogs.

3 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by 12Monkeys: 11:24am On Feb 07, 2020
tartar9:
All these xtian dogs in this thread,hope my good deeds won't be reduced.

You will die before today ends

Boko bastard

4 Likes

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by dreality: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2020
Muslims are not allowed to keep dogs except for some reasons as stated in the sunnah. As to deduction of a qirat from a dog owner's good deeds, do you want to meet Allah before you accept that your good deeds had been deducted?

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by femi4: 11:28am On Feb 07, 2020
acedsportsng:
Una stupidity still dey surprise me every day. Ordinary dog kwa??
grin

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by femi4: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2020
dreality:
Muslims are not allowed to keep dogs except for some reasons as stated in the sunnah. As to deduction of a qirat from a dog owner's good deeds, do you want to meet Allah before you accept that your good deeds had been deducted?
Seun likes dog, you are discouraging him from joining your religion with that submission

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 07, 2020
Really! I never knew...never liked dog thou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by tartar9(m): 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
12Monkeys:

You will die before today ends

Boko bastard
Lol
Ok,the countdown begins
and if it doesn't happen I hope you can accept that your god is a useless,crucified pig!
xtian bastard!
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by chimaobinelson(m): 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Islam is falsehood

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by LordReed(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

It's halaal of cos.

LoLz. Do you know how many insects you've ingested in your lifetime? Does it make you an atheist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Lukgaf(m): 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin
Rashduct4luv:

It's halaal of cos.

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Lukgaf(m): 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
Wa alekum Salam Waramotulah. It would be nice sir, if you can get a better house with no dog.
Higgies:

Asalaam alaikum wr
Jazakumllahu khayran

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Lukgaf(m): 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
You had better say what you can defend in the sight of Allah on the day of judgment. Stop confusing people in the name of likes. What is your evidence that the above does not emanate from our beloved prophet

madridguy:
The bold part is the ruling on dog. The main reason many Muslims on this forum avoid the muslim threads is because of the mis-information. Someone will just copy any bull crap stories and tag it with the messenger of ALLAH, PBUH. Wish Seun can get us a moderate Muslim as the moderator.

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Lukgaf(m): 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Plug your sense brother!

12Monkeys:

Dogs are the most empathic creatures. They can even sense when you are seriously ill even before symptoms begin to manifest.

They guard us when we are fast asleep from evil.

Muslims hate dogs because dogs know they worship a demon.

Muslims don't eat pigs because that will be tantamount to cannibalism.
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by UnclePrincipal(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ignorance

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Arrahman39: 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
Muslim can used dog's for hunting but you can't pray with the clothes that was rubbed by dog? so is hunter exempted from praying or how many cloths will hunter takes to hunting? secondly is any dog's owners complained of misfortune ?if not. the statement was not stated by prophet it was just affiliated to him because his words can never contradicted reality.
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

It's halaal of cos.

Do you mean you need the quran to tell you before you know not to eat a cockroach?
So if the quran did not tell you not to eat a cockroach you'll have it as part of your menu
Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Naturally Africans don't keep dogs except for hunting & security, however with the coming of colonial masters, our copy copy brothers are now keeping dogs on their beds. These photocopying machines forget that dogs have these bacterias (rabies) that are fatal to mankind.
The endangerment of the general public is a selfish act, and many people have been killed by these dogs, it takes a dog to keep a dog.

Really, I don't see much difference between Islam and Judaism. I suspect plagiarism of one by the other

1 Like

Re: Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
madridguy:
The bold part is the ruling on dog. The main reason many Muslims on this forum avoid the muslim threads is because of the mis-information. Someone will just copy any bull crap stories and tag it with the messenger of ALLAH, PBUH. Wish Seun can get us a moderate Muslim as the moderator.

Are you saying the present moderator is an extremist and by extension a terrorist? shocked sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"You Are Making Fun Of A Man Who Is Older Than Your Father!" ... " / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? / Ramadan To Occur Twice In Year 2030

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.