Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders (27582 Views)

Ban: Okada Rider, Passenger To Be Arrested, Prosecuted, Says Lagos Police / Lagos To Ban Okada Next Week, Police Seize 480 Guns From Okada Riders / Fayose Was Spotted With Okada Riders While Ekiti State Boils(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Alimat40: 6:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
The governor of ogun state is a confused man with inconherent policy. Please, don't ban okada operators because ogun state has no capacity to absorb the backlash that may go with the ban.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by slimfit1(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Commentor:

How do you know they are northerners?

They speak Hausa, see I don't like what I posted but it's frustrating to know that Hausa people have been leading this country for long and no tangible results. If they are doing something that is good with it it would have made sense.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by celeiyke: 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
Una wan force them back to arerwa by force
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Commentor: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
slimfit1:
They speak Hausa, see I don't like what I posted but it's frustrating to know that Hausa people have been leading this country for long and no tangible results. If they are doing something that is good with it it would have made sense.

You meant to say the military was ruling for years.

Many of you really can't differentiate.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Alanpoza007: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
uruba23:

I didn't ask you to measure up with them.Amsterdam uses mostly bicycles and waterways which Lagos should copy ..Thank God Google has initiated self driving bicycles even that needs infrastructure planning.What I am saying is that every city is unique.Proper planning is very important .Japan plans for infrastructure that they would use in 2080 today , the U.K is having a mind shift toward A.I cars ...Dubai is seeking to make the skyies its home and his investing heavily in drones. Every city is unique the question is what is our unique point.
You're talking about introduction of AI driven technologies like autonomous cars and drones but want Lagos to be stuck in the profileration of commercial motorbikes with illiterate and intoxicated/juiced up drivers. That's backward and mediocre uniqueness.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Alanpoza007:

You're talking about introduction of AI driven technologies like autonomous cars and drones but want Lagos to be stuck in the profileration of commercial motorbikes with illiterate and intoxicated/juiced up drivers. That's backward and mediocre uniqueness.
I said they should create an infrastructure for them.They would be a ripple down effect if you completely ban them without creating alternatives. Iya basira won't be able to sell her one bag of Rice every month at the tricycle park. John fuel sales would reduce by 30% and many more examples.Moreover we can't catapult to first world country when we lack organization and discipline.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by AgentNairaland(f): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hausa Go Suffer, Jihad Will Be Too Bloody
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Alanpoza007: 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
uruba23:
I said they should create an infrastructure for them.They would be a ripple down effect if you completely ban them without creating alternatives. Iya basira won't be able to sell her one bag of Rice every month at the tricycle park. John fuel sales would reduce by 30% and many more examples.Moreover we can't catapult to first world country when we lack organization and discipline.
I get your point. You're very much on point.. Lagos can't suddenly become a London or Berlin.. Change has to be methodical with well-planned out strategies for the short, mid and long term but sadly we have leaders that don't think through things before embarking on them. It's well.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by slimfit1(m): 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Commentor:

You meant to say the military was ruling for years.

Many of you really can't differentiate.
It doesn't matter
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by NovusHomo(m): 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
Islie:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/02/07/ogun-govt-set-to-ban-okada-riders/

Ban OKADA RIDERS? Or did you mean OKADA MOTOR CYCLES?
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Commentor: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
slimfit1:

It doesn't matter

Why doesn't it matter?

Why seek democracy then?
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Commentor: 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
AgentNairaland:
Hausa Go Suffer, Jihad Will Be Too Bloody

You must have been a regular Okada customer.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by AgentNairaland(f): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Commentor:

You must have been a regular Okada customer.

Hehehehehehehe... Accomoran and Amoran go suffer too
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Commentor: 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Hehehehehehehe... Accomoran and Amoran go suffer too

What's that?
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Powersurge: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Charmingrascal:
That's will be a good development. It will not allow break down of laws by those Hausas bikers that left Lagos. If Okada is not banned in Oyo and Ogun those Northern bikers will relocate to those two States and start harassing pple in there usual manner.
I hope Oyo State will follow suit soon.

NB:Not all Hausa bikers are bad or aggressive but 95% of them are

Honestly Hausa bikers are cool-headed. They might break usual traffick laws common to most okada riders. But you cannot compare Hausa bikers lawlessness to Fulani herders.

Besides the law, honestly was not against them. If there is a way we can identify the ones that are Nigerians, it will be cool. I know most of them are foreigners. But the problem is that the north is known for shielding anybody who can speak Hausa no matter their nationality, even against a legitimate Nigerian.

Let's not forget that there are significant southerners in the business of okada. So this is not against anybody. Just strict government regulation across board. Honestly, okada is a menace.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by AgentNairaland(f): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
Commentor:

What's that?

Okada associations nationwide..
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by Commentor: 9:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
AgentNairaland:

Okada associations nationwide..
Lol.
Re: Ogun Government Set To Ban Okada Riders by epadomo(m): 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
BabyApple:
lobatan.. abeg i am still looking for a job ooo biko.
contact me on 08060995086. for job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Borno / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo / Governor, Kayode Fayemi Signing The Order Revoking Schools Payment In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.