Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (49475 Views)

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon / Sanwo-Olu On Okada, Keke Ban In Lagos: No Going Back On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by AfroKnight: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sensible organised protest.

All detractors should hold their peace.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by davires: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
My advice: Stay away if you don't have life insurance. Don't let your family suffer.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by redsun(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
The ban is like trying to walk before crawling,not thought through and with no suitable alternatives.

I couldn't help but use okada and keke once or twice the last time I was in lagos recently. it was quite convenient moving short distances from a to b, readily available,cheap,slighty dangerous but I managed to keep the riders on track by making sure they behaved.

They just need to be properly regulated with stringent traffic rules and regulations in place that they must abide by,not just them, but all vehicles because at the moment,it is utter madness.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by LamidiCownu: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
cosef:
Your protest won't change anything. Tinubu owns the state and his new buses must make money. grin

I thought Igbos and SSners were the problem and you were getting ready to kill them if APC and Buhari lost out in 2015.

The East will be spectators in your sham of a protest. Ndi ara!

grin grin

Of course you lots are spectators in the grand scheme of things .
Your mo.ronic outburst here won't change that fact .

That said , the ban on okada remains !!!

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by osazsky(m): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
What is wrong with slavery and trekking..in d slave trade era our lost forefather trekked from countries to countries. These afonja slaves are trekking withing small Lagos they are all grumbling.. how can ur master be using cars and planes u slaves what to do same Tinubu pls come and barn private cars o they all deserves to trek till death.. some of them can give their lives for u...no wonder they hated ambode and follow u like mumu...pls Tinubu don't listen to them they all deserve it .stupid protest..up Benin up bold obaseki stupid ambode afonja coward spits

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by TheSociopath(m): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
Waste of time.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by cosef: 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
LamidiCownu:

[s]Of course you lots are spectators in the grand scheme of things .
Your mo.ronic outburst here won't change that fact .

That said , the ban on okada remains !!![/s]

e pain your yoruba muslim skull. grin grin

SARS will be waiting to use your conehead as target pratice tommorow after smoking tear gas like shisha. grin

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by uyplus(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Surprisingly they don't protest for the unecessary trips buhari embarks on, neither do they even care to protest about the huge salaries senators and senior state and federal government officials take home. Sowore contested, yet all those bunch of fools rather chose to vote the likes of buhari and sanwoolu. They didn't protest when that idiot called tinubu pushed ambode away. Wake-up Nigerians!
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by TheSociopath(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
osazsky:
What is wrong with slavery and trekking..in d slave trade era our lost forefather trekked from countries to countries. These afonja slaves are trekking withing small Lagos they are all grumbling.. how can ur master be using cars and planes u slaves what to do same Tinubu pls come and barn private cars o they all deserves to trek till death.. some of them can give their lives for u...no wonder they hated ambode and follow u like mumu...pls Tinubu don't listen to them they all deserve it .stupid protest..up Benin up bold obaseki stupid ambode afonja coward spits

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by uduigwomen(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Don't take organisers serious they are working for their pockets while the government is working to secure lagosians from invading Fulani raiders coming in in various disguise of okada riders, shoe cobblers, labourers etc
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Germi9: 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Occupy till I come..
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Honestly I support the ban to make Lagos a sane city just like its counterparts worldwide but the timing is what I have issue with.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by LamidiCownu: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
vezycash:

Igbo many. If Dem catch you for road ask you make you pronounce Agbero, oil and engine.

You go say, Agboro, oyel and ingine.
Nah to plummet his flat skull scatter be that grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Sholaco: 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
People that would die tomorrow are still drinking beer

2 Likes

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by bilulu(m): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:
And you guys never occupy The street for the Thousands of innocent Lives that are being wasted like chicken annually in this country? Please save me my data

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.
This is how it start, why not join this one if you reside in lagos.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by selfdefence: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
I just hope these instructions will be adhered to
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by chikevictor(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
There is nothing like peaceful protest in Naija, Agberos, Police and hooligans will definitely disrupt the protest.my advice to those planning to protest is, better avoid that route and make yourself useful somewhere else.The did is done already, they don't care about the poor masses.May God help us in this country.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by stevenosa(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Permission received, has the permit been approved Better be careful.
naptu2:
Letter to the police.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11005470_eqgdh8xyaathf2_jfif_jpegd26bc6fca776a906c9598c981678fea0
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
GRACEGLORY:
There was a time okada and keke weren't used as a sustainable means, somebody sat and created that avenue. Guys give yourself time to adjust, and think of the loss as a temporary setback. At some point, we all may have setbacks in life, but what's important is to ensure that you don't stay back.
A livelihood strategy is all you need to engage.

#Think and create jobs.

Y then did keke and okada become a "sustainable means"?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
chikevictor:
There is nothing like peaceful protest in Naija, Agberos, Police and hooligans will definitely disrupt the protest.my advice to those planning to protest is, better avoid that route and make yourself useful somewhere else.The did is done already, they don't care about the poor masses.May God help us in this country.

If no one protests against d govt, una go say Nigerians don't protest. Now some people are even trying to protest, na una still de complain about d protest
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
J111333:
Honestly I support the ban to make Lagos a sane city just like its counterparts worldwide but the timing is what I have issue with.

Is it d absence of okada in other cities around d world that made them "sane cities"? How Lagos become as "sane" as its counterparts worldwide since February 1, 2020?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
I salute u for having sense by going to only be displaying placards.
had it been you planned to make it a noisy one, una ass for spend Valentine's Day in the cage.

still on still, una just wan waste una time.

How are they wasting their time?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:
And you guys never occupy The street for the Thousands of innocent Lives that are being wasted like chicken annually in this country? Please save me my data

U can still organize protests "for the Thousands of innocent Lives that are being wasted like chicken annually in this country". Its not too late
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
pacespot:
Which kind protest that you are writing to request for police presence, the same police that is used to suppress the masses? Any well meaning Nigerian who understands results driven protests will not join this staged protest tomorrow. This is like begging the government and the government has already said no going back on the okada and keke ban.

Where did d organisers say that this protest is "like begging the government"? What do u mean by "results driven protest"?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by olajide8(m): 9:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
naptu2:
#OccupyLagos Mocha @raychellered

https://twitter.com/raychellered/status/1225835567239266304

What is all this nonsense in this country regulate ko regulate ni - would you find all this mess in more advanced countries? If they so desire that they must ride Okada to live they should take it to other states - these guys aid robberies, no matter how you regulate, it is next to impossible to regulate those that scratch your car and ride in the opposite direction - 7 people have been killed by these Okada riders over the last 2yrs in abuja, talkless of lagos - a woman was beaten close to death in festac and some nonchalant would say this is the way to go?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Banter1:
Nonsense, you lagosian don't know what God has done for you by banning Okada. No going back on this, learn to live with it.

What has God done for lagosians by banning okada?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Darkmode042: 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
Many will be shot tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi Laughing Out Loud At Their Wedding Today (photo) / Wounded Rivers COVID-19 Task Force Members Speak (Photos) / Burning, Looting Of Nigerian Shops In South Africa: FG Takes Definitive Measures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.