Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (49494 Views)

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon / Sanwo-Olu On Okada, Keke Ban In Lagos: No Going Back On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
olajide8:

What is all this nonsense in this country regulate ko regulate ni - would you find all this mess in more advanced countries? If they so desire that they must ride Okada to live they should take it to other states - these guys aid robberies, no matter how you regulate, it is next to impossible to regulate those that scratch your car and ride in the opposite direction - 7 people have been killed by these Okada riders over the last 2yrs in abuja, talkless of lagos - a woman was beaten close to death in festac and some nonchalant would say this is the way to go?

D advanced countries u say don't have okada, pls what type of transportation system do they have? How does okada aid robberies? Is it only okada that scratch peoples cars? If 7 people were killed by okada in d last 2years in abuja, were none killed by cars? How many die on d expressways everyday? Was okada responsible for that?

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by SonofDevil: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
cheesy
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by MusaChukwudi: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
Darkmode042:
Many will be shot tomorrow

Many miscreant from the Yeast grin

Immhotep Lzaa please come and join the protest abeg.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by muffyt05: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
This one na ajebutter protest and e nor go work.
Rich people on the island protesting with placards, I.D cards and all other civility you can imagine, instead wey dem for come mainland, especially Palmgroove or Mushin where boys go use stone or piss stone the marathon people till Sanwo-Olu ear go burst for where him dey. Anyway, I think the ban should be upheld for a sanner Lagos but palliative measures should be put in place to ease the pains of Lagos cos it's not easy at all.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Lagos Lagos grin

Cc lzaa t9ksy helinues

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by xtian110: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:
And you guys never occupy The street for the Thousands of innocent Lives that are being wasted like chicken annually in this country? Please save me my data

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.
I need Logo for my company.. how do I get in contact with you.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by ipswitch: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
Okada and keke is the last hope of common man to survive next level in the cities. No thanks to China and India, they continually dump the contraptions in Nigeria.Even if Sanwoolu no go gree, I love d protest.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by olajide8(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2020
lexy2014:

D advanced countries u say don't have okada, pls what type of transportation system do they have? How does okada aid robberies? Is it only okada that scratch peoples cars? If 7 people were killed by okada in d last 2years in abuja, were none killed by cars? How many die on d expressways everyday? Was okada responsible for that?

Oga stop trying to justify backwardness, in 1982 we were not using Okada for transport but in 2020 we decide it's the way to go abi? Abeg try and reason am!!!! The riders have burnt 2 people in their cars within my estate, stabbed 2 to death, bcoz of N100 change in the night, and the 7th was killed gruesomely after they bashed his car and all he did was, come out slap the rider, enter his car a drive away, to make matters worst even in my village they don't use Okada as means of transportation, they still have these mini sized buses which are safer and more durable, so why must we decide that, it's Okada we want to use in a "supposed" more urban city?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Wallade:
I rarely do this but I got it on whatsapp and I felt it could be useful for some people out there in Lagos. I pasted the following as copied:

There are secret plans by the Lagos State Govt to provide all registered Okada Riders with LASRAA and NURTW Identification Card with new Mini Buses as a way to Curb the menace of unemployment.

The mini buses will be given to riders who can proof they can drive and possess a valid driver license.

For those interested, visit room 305, block F at the Lagos State Secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja to get a Free Registration Form. When you get there, ask of Mrs. Omobolanle.

If possible, get a letter of introduction from your local govt chairman, local chief or oba or any elected leader or politician.

*The registration process closes February 14th 2020.*

Kindly note that there are over 10,000 buses to be given. This information isn't public so you can share widely to your family, friends and relations who are affected by the Okada ban.

#Copied

I don't no how true this is, but if it is, it shows that d ban on okada wasn't about d interest of d general public. because if it was, this info should have been released by d Lagos state govt to d general public in order to empower as many as possible. This is d usual who-know-man policy that is characteristic of our national life. Padipadi things will end d matter
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by IgboSomalia: 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
majamajic:
Why are they protesting , we have adjusted

Or do u see people still treking ?

If your street no get shuttle bus , do street meeting buy one or invite one shuttle operater to relocate to your area

Business idea.
Sign agreement with association, put 2 korope buses down let residents be using.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by lexy2014: 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
olajide8:

Oga stop trying to justify backwardness, in 1982 we were not using Okada for transport but in 2020 we decide it's the way to go abi? Abeg try and reason am!!!! The riders have burnt 2 people in their cars within my estate, stabbed 2 to death, bcoz of N100 change in the night, and the 7th was killed gruesomely after they bashed his car and all he did was, come out slap the rider, enter his car a drive away, to make matters worst even in my village they don't use Okada as means of transportation, they still have these mini sized buses which are safer and more durable, so why must we decide that, it's Okada we want to use in a "supposed" more urban city?

U still haven't answered d questions I asked. Let me itemise them 4u.

1. D advanced countries u say don't have okada, pls what type of transportation system do they have?

2. How does okada aid robberies? Is it only okada that scratch peoples cars?

3. If 7 people were killed by okada in d last 2years in abuja, were none killed by cars?

4. How many die on d expressways everyday? Was okada responsible for that?
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by IgboSomalia: 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Those ones are in Abia drinking kerosene and swimming inside mud. They have never been to Lagos before.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by One4me: 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
divinevie:
Occupy Lagos ko full Lagos Ni......

Dont mind the fools.
Before you protest something, they should have analysed the ban from both angles.
By the time the terrorists planning to use Okada to be bombing people in lagos start doing so, it is this same corrupt NGO's that beg for money from foreign Govts, that would carry placard saying Govt is not responding to security threats.

Now that Govt has responded PROACTIVELY, the same jobless fools are protesting it, as if protesting is their source of daily food?
OKada ban and Keke Ban is not a total ban, they are still allowed within the inner streets in lagos, so what is the noise about?
Are they protesting that Okada and Keke should be plying our Express Roads, our bridges and Motor ways?
What manner of stupid and jbless people are these?

We urge the Police to use Pepper spray, Horsewhip and clubs on these fools properly.
Beat the sense into them but dont shoot the with bullets, please

If they want to protest, they are not protesting the killing and kidnapping of Nigerians on a daily basis, in plateau, taraba, Zamfara and Benue?

2 Likes

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by anonimi: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:
And you guys never occupy The street for the Thousands of innocent Lives that are being wasted like chicken annually in this country? Please save me my data

Lazy youth syndrome, LYS.
Can you please tell us who stopped YOU from getting others to "occupy The street for the Thousands of innocent Lives that are being wasted like chicken annually in this country?"
Abeg na who stop you except your self-infliction of LYS
If you are not what barawo bubu calls every Nigerian youth, except his free-loading children, you will get off your butt and take action about what you are persistently wailing, whining and crying about!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3444716_img20160215224419_jpeg3a9d404699eb823dbaa7a23a7e345c55

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by innozentboy(m): 10:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
Tankiu
lexy2014:

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Citytrend: 10:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
xtian110:
I need Logo for my company.. how do I get in contact with you.
See my signature for my info
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by anonimi: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
One4me:
Dont mind the fools.
Before you protest something, they should have analysed the ban from both angles.
By the time the terrorists planning to use Okada to be bombing people in lagos start doing so, it is this same corrupt NGO's that beg for money from foreign Govts, that would carry placard saying Govt is not responding to security threats.

Now that Govt has responded PROACTIVELY, the same jobless fools are protesting it, as if protesting is their source of daily food?
OKada ban and Keke Ban is not a total ban, they are still allowed within the inner streets in lagos, so what is the noise about?
Are they protesting that Okada and Keke should be plying our Express Roads, our bridges and Motor ways?
What manner of stupid and jbless people are these?

We urge the Police to use Pepper spray, Horsewhip and clubs on these fools properly.
Beat the sense into them but dont shoot the with bullets, please
If they want to protest, they are not protesting the killing and kidnapping of Nigerians on a daily basis, in plateau, taraba, Zamfara and Benue?

Someone who cannot read is asking others to analyse an issue.
What effrontery of the entitled generation of lazy bone wailers.
Did you read what the protesters are asking for in details before exposing your inadequacies on nairaland?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3503973_mumu_jpg0c42fa98412223012808389b5dbf9132

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by spiralwedge(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Akpaamunsi: 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
lexy2014:

U r talking rubbish. Are people supposed to cross expressways? If I am driving and I see any human being crossing d expressways when there r bridges, I drive to kill the mad person because only mad people cross expressways.
Killing people who cross expressways is legal.

I bu akpa amu nsi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by anonimi: 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
Peaceful protest in Lagos state Please do not be deceived. There can never be any peaceful protest, because agboro and other criminal minded elements will always use that opportunity to cause mayhem.
Tomorrow you all will see what's going to happen.
So my advice for those who crave long life is to avoid that protest tomorrow.
The ban on Okada in Lagos is for the good of Lagosians.

Never say never.
The agberos and other criminal minded elements are under the firm & total control of the owner of Lagos, the JagaBandit of bullion vans and his NURTW enforcer.
Copied that

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7893688_5bed6a9d56f79746ffcd9505c5288245_jpeg7aa03b960b3d6972dc347185d826f575

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by anonimi: 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
lexy2014:

How are they wasting their time?

their rally won't change the governor's mind. nothing would change.
he won't heed to their lamentation.
he would only address them, and that's all.
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Dollabiz: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by BreconHills(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
lexy2014:

What has God done for lagosians by banning okada?

A 75 year old house painter in my estate knocked into the gutter and hundreds of other okada inspired deaths will not have been in vain. Each was a harvest of unsown tears. The ban stays.

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by LZAA: 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
immhotep:

Lagos Lagos grin

Cc lzaa t9ksy helinues
This our lagos sef grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by anonimi: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
their rally won't change the governor's mind. nothing would change.
he won't heed to their lamentation.
he would only address them, and that's all.

Since you are the all-knowing omniscience of leaders' looters' minds, please tell us why the #OccupyNigeria of January 2012, mostly held in Lagos changed the mind of Jonathan on deregulation and subsidy removal?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4265598_jonna_jpegfe17099f252ec13d86a2923ee4df9197

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6455791_img20171223213452227_jpegaba3147253e469fb84a244a27892199c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606990_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011e_jpeg2d047f51864fc24cb61a9a670137e201

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6440050_dregaeuxcaaxmzn_jpegbc221e09788124eef1ab789b91afa35e

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
RUBBISH. NEVER REVERSE THIS BAN. LASG I STAND WITH
Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by Dpaulie(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2020
Citytrend:

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.
Guy, u be fool ooh

1 Like

Re: Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest by anonimi: 10:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
lexy2014:

They have metro/light rails and buses plus ferries and taxis for when you have to carry things etc. They also ride bicycles.
Their leaders use the mass transit along with everyone else just as many VIPs have been using the Abuja-Kaduna railway built by Jonathan in five years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3487407_capture_png78f16eee552a85331b9f4f38cd4a8a5f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3487406_cdr58dmwaaa1ks_jpeg024c9a160dc8033e5150aad8e05fe2ae

namkko99:
This is the Executive Governor of Abia state, he could not find a seat in a train in UK hence he has to stand.....meanwhile in Nigeria convoys to move around is over 10 cars

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5161652_ode_jpg9e67d3be0ea4113e0ffec072d94e67ac

xcelentattitude:
One social media user named Karel Van Oosterom posted a picture of the Prime Minister of Netherlands, Mark Rutte riding a bicycle to work.
"This is one of the reasons I am proud of the Netherlands - the way our Prime Minister goes to work" he captioned the picture of Mark Rutte exicitedly riding his bicycle to work.
This is an abberation to the opulent lifestyle associated with the heads of government of other countries including Nigeria where leaders move around in expensive motorcade with stern-looking body-guards.
Mark Rutte has been described as a very humble man who pursues the general will of the people.

Mark Rutte (born 14 February 1967) is a Dutch politician serving as the 50th and current Prime Minister of the Netherlands since 2010 and Leader of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie – VVD) since 2006.
Rutte was previously appointed as State Secretary for Social Affairs and Employment from 22 July 2002 to 17 June 2004 and as State Secretary for Education, Culture and Science from 17 June 2004 until 27 June 2006, when he was elected to succeed Jozias van Aartsen as the new VVD Leader.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7628139_19d42ad212211219b5aaaf237ca19c03_jpegf149721363a618c065a59876f02918d1

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Nyeson Wike Declares For Presidency / Crush Those Involved In Oil Theft, President Tinubu Tells Security Agencies / See The Latest Car Of Governor Fayose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.