Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya (3336 Views)

Obi’s Candidacy Tainted By Ethnic Chauvinism, He’s Not Democratic – Tambuwal / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by sarrki(m): 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
Group to Buhari: We will exit Nigeria if..
Muhammed Buhari
FacebookTwitterPinterestLinkedInWhatsAppEmail

By Opeyemi Samuel

Just like the exposition of a Valiant Solider without a Dint of fear, foremost Pan-Yoruba Socio-Cultural Group, Yoruba Ko’ya Movement has called out President Muhammad Buhari to rise above ethnic chauvinism and put a stop to consistent attacks on lives, peace, economy and unity of the Nation of Nigeria by Miyetti Allah, the umbrella body of all Cattle Breeders and Herdsmen in the country, threatening that refusal to checkmate the group will, with all sense of responsibility, give Yoruba People no option than to exit Nigeria.

The group said it is alarming that Miyyeti Allah leaders would consistently go on both Local and International Television Stations including Newspapers to harass, threaten, intimidate and insult stakeholders in the Nigerian project such as state governors, Elders statesmen and notable religious leaders, calling on President Buhari to exhibit patriotism and courage and put an end to the malady.

In a statement signed by her Convener, Otunba ‘Deji Osibogun, Yoruba Ko’ya charged President Buhari to order the Immediate arrest and prosecution of all the Leaders of Miyetti Allah that had claimed responsibilities for series of attacks leading to death of over 3, 000 Nigerians in the last four years across the South and Middle Belt of Nigeria, stating that the President should act well and be conscious of what history would remember him for after his tenure.

“While we do not want to dwell in the realm of rumours, however, we are forced to state very expressly that the threat to life and admission to mass murder by identifiable and known leaders of Miyetti Allah without any word of caution or arrest by law enforcement agencies in the country led credence to the fact that Miyetti Allah are carrying out the briefs of some invincible forces at the corridor of power in Abuja or elsewhere.

“A mere trade union from a tribe continue to heat-up the polity while others shiver and shake in their pants for fear of attack yet no arrest by our security formations.

Read Also: Miyetti Allah tasks security agencies against killing of members

These murderous elements are so courageous that they appeared live on national Televisions to attack a whole region comprising of over 50 million people yet the agencies sworn to protect the lives and property of the people are acting like everything is normal. We say without any fear or intimidation that this is an antithesis of a strong and united Nation.

“We Yoruba people therefore want to put the Buhari administration on notice that we are not scared of any of these mindless and senseless statements from the hoodlums that the Nigerian government is obviously aiding and abetting.

We wish to inform them that we shall protect our land and people with all the resources God has provided and blessed us with.

“In addition to the foregoing, we are putting the Federal Government on Notice that if nothing radical and patriotic is done to stop the ongoing mayhem and open threats to our people by Miyetti Allah, we shall mobilize our people to take all democratic steps to ensure our safety and continuous existence as a nation within the Nigerian Federation which may include a Declaration of our Sovereignty or Our Exit from the Nation of Nigeria because we can no longer guarantee our Comfort, Safety and Existence within this Den of Hell.

“We note also with displeasure that all statements by the leadership of Miyyeti are far beyond the bounds of Treasonable Felony that the Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore was charged, connoting that all Tribes are no longer equal in Nigeria,” Yoruba Ko’ya concluded

https://thenationonlineng.net/group-to-buhari-we-will-exit-nigeria-if/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Most of us in the cities dont have a clue what those in rural areas go through with herdsmen menace.

19 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Sylraph1: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
To be sincere,thise that live in the city don't really know what's going on....

All you have to do is just ask a farmer or those villagers who live in the villages And They will give you real details if these Fulani herdsmen....

Those guys are have taken over the forest and virtually know all the nooks and crannies around the villages.
Some are marauding themselves as Okada riders,cobblers or other menial jobbers.They are just everywhere.
I just pray Amotekun is officially launched so as to Start operating because the more delay,the more those guys are advancing

14 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by budaatum: 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Well, I guess this would not be the first time "we Yoruba" have upped stakes and moved our Oyo some place else. Let's just hope this "exit Nigeria" is a move somewhere much better like Europe perhaps, or USA.

You must just laugh when the voice of one single individual or group of people become "we Yoruba"!
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Abfinest007(m): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
every ethnic groups wants to live except d north

4 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Racoon(m): 3:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is Nigeria’s end time.The tyrannical regime of Gen.Muhammadu Buhari will give way to secession.In the absence of a unifying national interest, Nigeria has become fragmented, lawless, disorderly, dangerous, and seemingly unliveable.
http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/21/declaration-causes-why-yoruba-will-leave-nigeria-bayo-oluwasanmi

9 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
It's not just that
It's our ability to endure things that normal people would kick against, we have accepted bad electricity, bad roads, bad govt, slowly we are accepting the killings, creating community police while ignoring the cancer that is Nigeria!

Why can't the Hausa/Fulanis have Buhari as their life president?

Esseite:
Most of us in the cities dont have a clue what those in rural areas go through with herdsmen menace.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by JasonScoolari: 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Dear sarrki,

Have you noticed that a particular moderator is not pleased with the way you drop the "sai baba" garment of backwardness?

10 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by GMBuhari: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
This Yoruba koya clown does not represent me or my family

Farmer herder crisis is real and some idiots really do speak for Miyetti Allah, however, Yoruba has risen beyond using threats and noise to achieve goals

This guy will collect money and keep quiet, just like others in other groups they formed

Few governors sat down to demand Amotekun and it has come to stay, issuing threats especially by a persona non grata isn't the way Yoruba rolls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
I remember when northern trailer drivers went on a 3-day strike not so long ago. Yoruba land was reeling from shortage of meat, tomato, pepper and onions, while truck loads were rotting in the North. I can imagine what will happen if this proposal is put into place. The fact is, no region in Nigeria can successfully survive on its own. It will take at least 3 to 4 generations to set up each region to be fully self sufficient, even with the best of intention, accurate data and absolute efficiency.

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in, or transited via, the East or the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" everytime the soon hits the pot is getting irritating.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ritchiee: 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
A word is enough for the wise..

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Splashme: 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
It's good people are now talking

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
After reading the whole stuff, I just remembered IBB's quote and just laughed.............If you hear them threatening fire and brimstone, just leave them and go back to your sleep.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Tumbulum: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMBuhari:

Farmer herder crisis is real and some idiots really do speak for Miyetti Allah, however, Yoruba has risen beyond using threats and noise to achieve goals

This guy will collect money and keep quiet, just like others in other groups they formed

Few governors sat down to demand Amotekun and it has come to stay, issuing threats especially by a persona non grata isn't the way Yoruba rolls
shut the fuq and be sensible for once. If you read the content of the whole message,you will understand the message being passed across by the op. Miyetti Allah has owned up to the mass murder of Nigerians and have even gone to TV to threaten a whole ethnic group yet the fg has done nothing while some have found themselves in the custody of the DSS for saying far less than what the miyetti Allah guys have said. Double standard is the hallmark of this government.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I remember when northern trailer drivers went on a 3-day strike not so long ago. Yoruba land was reeling from shortage of meat, tomato, pepper and onions, while truck loads were rotting in the North. I can imagine what will happen if this proposal is put into place. The fact is, no region in Nigeria can successfully survive on its own. It will take at least 3 to 4 generations to set up each region to be fully self sufficient, even with the best of intention, accurate data and absolute efficiency.

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in, or transited via, the East or in the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" everytime the soon hits the pot is getting irritating.

The richest region in Nigeria is Yoruba. The best positioned to sea advantage is Yoruba. The best positioned to cross-border advantage is Yoruba.

Food shortage or deficiency will be least of our worries. Now, imagine what happens to you in North if we blockade your access to markets in South. You cannot sell your produce, you cannot sell your meat, you cannot even bring in any imports through sea. I remind you that Yoruba own the entire coastal line from Ondo to Togo. So forget about using access in Benin and Togo to import through the sea. It will be a total sufferhead for you. All your imports must come from the Mediterranean sea across desert....bandits are waiting to intercept your goods and steal them.

Go and get a map....Nigeria did not allow you to know you are landlocked. Yoruba will wake you up to that reality.

8 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by airmark(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in, or transited via, the East or in the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" everytime the soon hits the pot is getting irritating.

It's when you are alive, you can buy tomato and meat. Strategic planning is key to solving problems.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by sarrki(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
JasonScoolari:
Dear sarrki,

Have you noticed that a particular moderator is not pleased with the way you drop the "sai baba" garment of backwardness?

High Chief

We must salvage our country

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMBuhari:

I can easily pick out a Yoruba wannabe. grin

If you were Yoruba, as long you have been hearing of Yoruba Koya you should by now know who Otunba Oshibogun is.

You can be Yoruba in your next life time, for now stay in your lane. grin

4 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

The richest region in Nigeria is Yoruba. The best positioned to sea advantage is Yoruba. The best positioned to cross-border advantage is Yoruba.

Food shortage or deficiency will be least of our worries. Now, imagine what happens to you in North if we blockade your access to markets in South West. You cannot sell your produce, you cannot sell your meat, you cannot even bring in any imports through sea. I remind you that Yoruba own the entire coastal line from Ondo to Togo. So forget about using access in Benin and Togo to import through the sea. It will be a total sufferhead for you. All your imports must come from the Mediterranean sea across desert....bandits are waiting to intercept your goods and steal them.

Go and get a map....Nigeria did not allow you to know you are landlocked. Yoruba will wake you up to that reality.

Fixed.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by GMBuhari: 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I can easily pick out a Yoruba wannabe. grin

If you were Yoruba, as long you have been hearing of Yoruba Koya you should by now know who Otunba Oshibogun is.

You can be Yoruba in your next life time, for now stay in your lane. grin

Get the fucck out of my mention

Go through my posts before engaging me

I know it's not everybody that has sense, I make it my duty to avoid such people

Tribal referee cum wanna be investigator

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Tumbulum: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMBuhari:

And your reply warrants that you tell me to shut the fuucck up + be sensible?

I don't reply idiots like you
you should be more sensible to read before rushing to comment. That's what separate you from the ordinary almajiri on the street of kano.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
If?

Mr man, you are dribbling backwards.

There are no ifs here.

Yoruba nation should prepare to exit Nigeria.

Igbo nation should prepare to exit Nigeria.

Middle belt ethnicities should prepare to exit Nigeria.

Southern ethnicities should prepare to exit Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ronpet777(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is music to my hears...It's high time we left.

When shake turns to shove,caution must be embraced.
Anything that brings threat to live should be avoided with all precaution. We have nothing in common with the Northerners. They r extreme people who don't see killing as special.

Islam is also practiced down south but with conscience and tolerance. Buhari has done well to divide us all through ethnic bother and we thank him for the enlightment. I advocate for peaceful desolution of this unsuccessful contraption.

This marriage no be by force.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by 1nigeriamyfoot: 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
sarrki:

High Chief

We must salvage our country
Just because Tinubu miscalculated? grin grin grin

Tinubu is a fool just like his followers

6 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by femolii: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:
After reading the whole stuff, I just remembered IBB's quote and just laughed.............If you hear them threatening fire and brimstone, just leave them and go back to your sleep.
After reading your comment I just remembered Sani abacha quote and laughed. Igbos are noise..........no substance- Gen Abacha.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by AirFireEarthH20: 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You mean this below grin IBB na bad guy

3 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
AirFireEarthH20:

You mean this below grin IBB na bad guy

Oohhhhhhh stop putting words into my mouth grin.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by AirFireEarthH20: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Oohhhhhhh stop putting words into my mouth grin.

The two of us na innocent o, na IBB caused all this grin
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Toosure70: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMBuhari:

OMO ALE. Have you ever read others attacking their leader the way you just did? Your moniker shows. Radarada

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Gabkosh: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
[s]
RisenPhoenix:

[/s]Useless unity begger. All the regions have been in existence before useless Nigeria came up and they are living fine. Same thing will surely happen. People will go into farming, rear cattle, pig, chicken, goat. We don't want anything to do with the parasitic north.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyetola: Osun, FG Spent ₦5 Billion On Social Interventions / The States That Peter Obi As At Today will be Sure Of Winning. / Reno Omokri On Twitter: "When Abiola Was In Jail, The Yorubas Did ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.