Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya (3387 Views)

Obi’s Candidacy Tainted By Ethnic Chauvinism, He’s Not Democratic – Tambuwal / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It is not only about oil. It's about agriculture, trade and infrastructure. Each region contributes to the whole. And the situation you paint is not feasible in the near future. Even if the world abandons crude oil, it will not be in one day. There will be sufficient time to prepare for the gradual diversification. A break up does not permit any opportunity for that preparation.

The train has left Nigeria behind already many oil producing countries have already diversified their economy while developed countries are moving towards green energy.
Nigeria leaders are not done looting our common wealth so have no time to plan for your future.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ykc2:
no country ve it all, Singapore one if be best country in the world import sand from neighbouring countries for buildings,am igbo person but if Nigeria divide today yoruba people dont ve anything to worry about air port is there ,wharf is there ,Atlantic ocean is there, they ve massive land, even what they dont ve they can easily get from Benin republic ,if am yoruba people I ve nothing to do with federation called Nigeria, if Nigeria divide and yoruba billionaires dicides to go into cow business forget northerners will eat there cows alone

It is not only about having land or ports. The Yoruba economy is largely driven by industry which needs the large consumer base and transit points of the North and East. Let us face facts, 90% or more of Nigeria's exports are petroleum product based. The remaining 10% or less which are agricultural, are largely divided between the North and the West. I don't think that the entire Western region can rely on the $200m a year cocoa export as a sole source of income; especially when it now has to resort to importing virtually all of its foodstuff and fuel. Plus putting 40 million retrenched bankers, accountants, and other office workers into agriculture is hardly the most efficient way of making the switch. It will be an economic disaster.

Singapore is not comparable. They have built a service based economy over a considerable period of time; gradually gaining traction in financial services by gaining a reputation for openness and corruption free laws (see the difference). They also have one of the best educational systems in the world and their high tech exports facilities and support system are not things you can achieve in a day or even a decade.

I did point out that it is feasible for each region to stand on its own, but it will take decades of concerted effort as it did in Japan or Singapore. Those who think they can break away tomorrow and survive are only deceiving themselves.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

The train has left Nigeria behind already many oil producing countries have already diversified their economy while developed countries are moving towards green energy.
Nigeria leaders are not done looting our common wealth so have no time to plan for your future.

I totally agree. Well better late than never. I do not blame any leaders for that. Nigerians are not very sincere in moving forward. They just bitch, gripe and hate on each other and on whatever government is in power at the moment. Hardly the best method of moving forward.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I totally agree. Well better late than never. I do not blame any leaders for that. Nigerians are not very sincere in moving forward. They just bitch, gripe and hate on each other and on whatever government is in power at the moment. Hardly the best method of moving forward.

That is the very reason I Will never oppose any region that wants to pull out from this unserious country.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

That is the very reason I Will never oppose any region that wants to pull out from this unserious country.

That would be like the proverbial jumping from the frying pan into the fire. All in the name of emotional reaction.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Yes. When the population was a tenth of what it is today. I know that it hurts any person's pride to think that his/her region cannot stand on its own, especially for a people as tribal in outlook as Nigerians are; but it is a fact. No region in Nigeria today can cope on its own; excluded from the others .

If you meant this to be an intelligent input it failed to achieve that.

Before Nigeria, can you mention any of the individual nations that was self-sufficient? So saying no nation will be self-sufficient after Nigeria collapses is bereft of new ideas...or for that matter an impacting input. It is just flat!

Since this is about Yoruba, we have always allied and partnered with progressive and forward looking civilizations all through our history.

We do not recognize fulani as a peer civilization because there is truly no elements of civilization at the root of fulani caliphate. Terrorism, as evidenced in the acts of dan fodio is not at all civilization.

Dan fodio did not create anything new, instead he destroyed and demolished institutions of civilizations he met on ground and substituted in their place a franchised belief system less noble and less godly than the traditional practice of Hausas and Kanuris.

Before Nigeria collapses we are warning fulani to step up and put on acts of civilization and rid itself of terrorism and brute violence in public place.

After Nigeria collapses we will survive by allying with civilized nations. We do not need fulani....fulani need us!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

That would be like the proverbial jumping from the frying pan into the fire. All in the name of emotional reaction.

It's not emotional rather it's the best thing to do.
Nigeria is yet to begin nation building after 60 years of independence rather her leader continue looting from one administration to another.I see no changes.Respect to 2Pac.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

It's not emotional rather it's the best thing to do.
Nigeria is yet to begin nation building after 60 years of independence rather her leader continue looting from one administration to another.I see no changes.Respect to 2Pac.

And you think that those chosen as leaders of the respective break away regions will suddenly develop an ingrained honesty and effective leadership style? Lmfao. Looting is not limited to Nigerian leaders, nor do leaders suddenly become dishonest upon assumption of their post. Every Nigerian, from conductor to religious leader is complicit. The average Nigerian generally aways prefers today's personal gain over future nation building... I don't expect an answer to this, but statistically speaking, it is very likely that you and I have also engaged in unethical financial practise for personal gain at one time or the other. In which case, we would have no moral right to accuse the leaders; just because they had a better opportunity than we did. Who knows what each of us would do if presented with the kind of opportunity they have today?

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

And you think that those chosen as leaders of the respective break away regions will suddenly develop an ingrained honesty and effective leadership style? Lmfao. Looting is not limited to Nigerian leaders, nor do leaders suddenly become dishonest upon assumption of their post. Every Nigerian, from conductor to religious leader is complicit. The average Nigerian generally aways prefers today's personal gain over future nation building... I don't expect an answer to this, but statistically speaking, it is very likely that you and I have also engaged in unethical financial practise for personal gain at one time or the other. In which case, we would have no moral right to accuse the leaders; just because they had a better opportunity than we did. Who knows what each of us would do if presented with the kind of opportunity they have today?

I strongly believe breakaway republics will do far better than this current arrangement we've made no progress as a nation in 60 years.
Take for example,if we achieve independent in eastern Nigeria today we will be able to elect our leaders without external influences and will not depend on Abuja for our infrastructure and security needs.We can be able to hold our leaders more accountable than what we have now.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Arda1000(m): 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
FrLukas:
If?

Mr man, you are dribbling backwards.

There are no ifs here.

Yoruba nation should prepare to exit Nigeria.

Igbo nation should prepare to exit Nigeria.

Middle belt ethnicities should prepare to exit Nigeria.

Southern ethnicities should prepare to exit Nigeria.
middle belt is that a geographic location cause i could not find middle in my belt
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by PicLtd: 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

You can hold those your leaders accountable in your Arewa republic. While Oduduwans and Biafrans hold theirs.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

I strongly believe breakaway republics will do far better than this current arrangement we've made no progress as a nation in 60 years.
Take for example,if we achieve independent in eastern Nigeria today we will be able to elect our leaders without external influences and will not depend on Abuja for our infrastructure and security needs.We can be able to hold our leaders more accountable than what we have now.

Because States and other autonomous regions are being run better now in the spheres where they exercise complete control? Are your governors and local government council members presently held accountable for anything by the electorate? They will continue to buy your votes for garri and ankara, nothing changes.

Security and infrastructure need money. When industry collapses, it will be every man for himself...the wild wild west.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
PicLtd:

You can hold those your leaders accountable in your Arewa republic. While Oduduwans and Biafrans hold theirs.

You really need a tribal handle to direct your arrows don't you? You can't even reason on issues logically without resorting to tribal name calling. What if I told you that I am not a Northerner? Where does your hypothesis go?
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by PicLtd: 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

You really need a tribal handle to direct your arrows don't you? You can't even reason on issues logically without resorting to tribal name calling. What if I told you that I am not a Northerner? Where does your hypothesis go?

There is nothing tribal about asking to build good fences with your neighbours so you can concentrate fully on dealing with your in-house family issues like messed up leadership.

Even if you elect a person, the judiciary headed by another by another tribe could muddle up issues and impose the worst persons as your leaders.

Good fences make good neighbours, lets pull our head from the ground.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by ChoCho54(f): 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

The richest region in Nigeria is Yoruba. The best positioned to sea advantage is Yoruba. The best positioned to cross-border advantage is Yoruba.

Food shortage or deficiency will be least of our worries. Now, imagine what happens to you in North if we blockade your access to markets in South. You cannot sell your produce, you cannot sell your meat, you cannot even bring in any imports through sea. I remind you that Yoruba own the entire coastal line from Ondo to Togo. So forget about using access in Benin and Togo to import through the sea. It will be a total sufferhead for you. All your imports must come from the Mediterranean sea across desert....bandits are waiting to intercept your goods and steal them.

Go and get a map....Nigeria did not allow you to know you are landlocked. Yoruba will wake you up to that reality.
It would seem Awolowo didn't know all these when he backed out of the secession plan then. grin

Imagine the yoruba nation would have been like Dubai or even better, had the ancestor possessed half of the wit attributed to him.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by ChoCho54(f): 10:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It is not only about having land or ports. The Yoruba economy is largely driven by industry which needs the large consumer base and transit points of the North and East. Let us face facts, 90% or more of Nigeria's exports are petroleum product based. The remaining 10% or less which are agricultural, are largely divided between the North and the West. I don't think that the entire Western region can rely on the $200m a year cocoa export as a sole source of income; especially when it now has to resort to importing virtually all of its foodstuff and fuel. Plus putting 40 million retrenched bankers, accountants, and other office workers into agriculture is hardly the most efficient way of making the switch. It will be an economic disaster.

Singapore is not comparable. They have built a service based economy over a considerable period of time; gradually gaining traction in financial services by gaining a reputation for openness and corruption free laws (see the difference). They also have one of the best educational systems in the world and their high tech exports facilities and support system are not things you can achieve in a day or even a decade.

I did point out that it is feasible for each region to stand on its own, but it will take decades of concerted effort as it did in Japan or Singapore. Those who think they can break away tomorrow and survive are only deceiving themselves.
Your last line..nobody ever said or thought it would be an easy ride, but a journey of a thousand steps begins with one.

What the new Nations need mostly are patriotic citizens who can die for the love of country, even if it took the fourth generation to get it right, it's worth the task.

The doomsday is sure, why postpone it?
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
ChoCho54:
It would seem Awolowo didn't know all these when he backed out of the secession plan then. grin

Imagine the yoruba nation would have been like Dubai or even better, had the ancestor possessed half of the wit attributed to him.

Produce material document that support Awolowo backing out of secession.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 10, 2020
budaatum:

Ghana has gold dollars. Ghana also has Fulani herdsmen. But see how Ghana used their version of what we denounced as RUGA to solve it.

And, p.s.! Nigeria is not "poverty capital of the world"! Only ignorant fools who haven't seen the poverty in other countries think so.

Sir please i beg you in the name of most High please assist me. Today i almost fainted because i had thought too much and no solution in sight.

My N25,600 school fees is hanging on my neck and school portal is closing within the week

I beg you in name of Jesus please assist me

https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/dashboard.php

I'm in my 400l will soon graduate and be able to repay you cry
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:16am On Feb 10, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I remember when northern trailer drivers went on a 3-day strike not so long ago. Yoruba land was reeling from shortage of meat, tomato, pepper and onions, while truck loads were rotting in the North. I can imagine what will happen if this proposal is put into place. The fact is, no region in Nigeria can successfully survive on its own. It will take at least 3 to 4 generations to set up each region to be fully self sufficient, even with the best of intention, accurate data and absolute efficiency.

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in, or transited via, the East or the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" everytime the soon hits the pot is getting irritating.

It surprises me how moronly some kids reason, just to justify their slavery?
Who said yoruba can no longer imports those goods from the north if there's separation? So, international trading no longer exists?
Do you know how much goods that come into Nigeria from China daily?
Is China part of Nigeria?
God! Where did some people get their brains from? Is this the same way our leaders reason that has been responsible for our underdevelopment? Tufiakwa!
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 10, 2020
Arda1000:
middle belt is that a geographic location cause i could not find middle in my belt

Is your belt Nigeria? If it isn't then you won't find it there.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MaliqHassan: 8:17am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Arda1000(m): 9:19am On Feb 10, 2020
FrLukas:

oya tell me where middle belt is... can we find it using compass?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Secures American Christian Networks To Cover Christian Killings In Nigeria / Over 300 policemen lay siege to Wike’s hotel in Benin, PDP cries out / The Day I Felt Ashamed As An IGBOMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.