Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya (3390 Views)

Obi’s Candidacy Tainted By Ethnic Chauvinism, He’s Not Democratic – Tambuwal / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Gabkosh: 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:
After reading the whole stuff, I just remembered IBB's quote and just laughed.............If you hear them threatening fire and brimstone, just leave them and go back to your sleep.
Did your father sleep in 1999?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Gabkosh: 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2020
[s]
GMBuhari:
This Yoruba koya clown does not represent me or my family

Farmer herder crisis is real and some idiots really do speak for Miyetti Allah, however, Yoruba has risen beyond using threats and noise to achieve goals

This guy will collect money and keep quiet, just like others in other groups they formed

Few governors sat down to demand Amotekun and it has come to stay, issuing threats especially by a persona non grata isn't the way Yoruba rolls
[/s] Not surprised, you only talk like a loyal slave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Gabkosh: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Fixed.
Coward

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Gabkosh: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
AirFireEarthH20:

You mean this below grin IBB na bad guy
Says who grin

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I [s]remember when northern trailer drivers went on a 3-day strike not so long ago. Yoruba land was reeling from shortage of meat, tomato, pepper and onions, while truck loads were rotting in the North. I can imagine what will happen if this proposal is put into place. The fact is, no region in Nigeria can successfully survive on its own. It will take at least 3 to 4 generations to set up each region to be fully self sufficient, even with the best of intention, accurate data and absolute efficiency.

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in, or transited via, the East or in the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" everytime the soon hits the pot is getting irritating[/s].

As an independent nation they can decide to
importt beef from other west African countries or from any country in the world.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMBuhari:

Get the fucck out of my mention

Go through my posts before engaging me

I know it's not everybody that has sense, I make it my duty to avoid such people

Tribal referee cum wanna be investigator

A Yoruba political commentator that has never heard or know who Otunba Oshibogun is. I pity those who bought your self-packaging as a Yoruba. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gabkosh:
Did your father sleep in 1999?

grin grin grin
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by brainbox80: 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
These our elders should be serious for ones and stop being jokers.

What patriotic and proactive actions do you expect PMB to take against his kinsmen? Nothing absolutely!!!

I urge you elders and sons of Oduduwa to defile fear for once and declare yourselves out of this Godforsaken nation called Nigeria then people like us will take you seriously, else your threat all boils down to the fact that you are just seeking attention ~~ more like seeking a soft landing.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by brainbox80: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I remember when northern trailer drivers went on a 3-day strike not so long ago. Yoruba land was reeling from a shortage of meat, tomato, pepper, and onions, while truckloads were rotting in the North. I can imagine what will happen if this proposal is put into place. The fact is, no region in Nigeria can successfully survive on its own. It will take at least 3 to 4 generations to set up each region to be fully self-sufficient, even with the best of intention, accurate data and absolute efficiency.

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in or transited via, the East or in the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" every time the soon hits the pot is getting irritating.

You are very wrong with this your opinion. Necessity is the mother of invention. Every region in Nigeria has everything needed to survive and stand tall on its own. The northern divide and rule leadership system is the only thing that has retarded our mindsets to think we are incapable. Nations with even patch lands have proven that with hard work and people inclined leadership, any height is attainable.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by MetaPhysical: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
brainbox80:
These our elders should be serious for ones and stop being jokers.

What patriotic and proactive actions do you expect PMB to take against his kinsmen? Nothing absolutely!!!

I urge you elders and sons of Oduduwa to defile fear for once and declare yourselves out of this Godforsaken nation called Nigeria then people like us will take you seriously, else your threat all boils down to the fact that you are just seeking attention ~~ more like seeking a soft landing.

Let me give you landmarks of events when Yoruba spoke and Nigeria took notice.

1964 - weti e!
1983 - Omoboriowo Owoboriomo political shut down
1993 - OPC demands for exit
2020 - Amotekun

If you look at each event you see they are successfully separated by a decade or more....

Yoruba is a silent but smooth operator, we are laid back and accomodating....but when we stand upright and bark, our loudness is intimidating even to those who pretend to own lethal force.

Our reaction is a wave, not a drip! grin

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by budaatum: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
Tumbulum:
Miyetti Allah has owned up to the mass murder of Nigerians and have even gone to TV to threaten a whole ethnic group ....
This is a lie. You just believe it because it suits your narative, but not all Yorubas and Nigerians are as senseless as you!
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by budaatum: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

importt beef from other west African countries or from any country in the world.
Like from the Republic of Northern Nigeria, right, and with, well, definitely not with petrodollars, since that would belong to the Republic of South South Nigeria.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
budaatum:

Like from the Republic of Northern Nigeria, right, and with, well, definitely not with petrodollars, since that would belong to the Republic of South South Nigeria.

Are those countries without petrol dollars starving, Is Ghana, SA and many more are they not meeting up with their needs even more than Nigeria that is now poverty capital of the world?

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by budaatum: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

Are those countries without petrol dollars starving, Is Ghana, SA and many more are they not meeting up with their needs even more than Nigeria that is now poverty capital of the world?
Ghana has gold dollars. Ghana also has Fulani herdsmen. But see how Ghana used their version of what we denounced as RUGA to solve it.

And, p.s.! Nigeria is not "poverty capital of the world"! Only ignorant fools who haven't seen the poverty in other countries think so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
budaatum:

Ghana has gold dollars. Ghana also has Fulani herdsmen. But see how Ghana used their version of what we denounced as RUGA to solve it.

And, p.s.! Nigeria is not "poverty capital of the world"! Only ignorant fools who haven't seen the poverty in other countries think so.

What statistics counts is number of people below poverty level in every country. Unfortunately Nigeria has that in millions.
Ghana has gold right? I thought countries can only survive through petrodollars.
We reject RUGA in whatever form, buy land and ranch your bloody cows.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

Using what as a source of income?
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gabkosh:
[s][/s]Useless unity begger. All the regions have been in existence before useless Nigeria came up and they are living fine. Same thing will surely happen. People will go into farming, rear cattle, pig, chicken, goat. We don't want anything to do with the parasitic north.

Where do you think that the feed you use to feed your chicken fish etc will come from?

And how viable do you think large scale agriculture is in Western Nigeria? Obviously you have no idea. All these shallow emotional sentiments don't fill bellies. Hard facts do.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
airmark:

It's when you are alive, you can buy tomato and meat. Strategic planning is key to solving problems.

I agree with the strategic planning. But all I see are emotional platitudes and childish reasoning fed and exaggerated by a media greedy for any kind of news.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Using what as a source of income?

Meaning what?
Before oil were they not living?

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
brainbox80:

You are very wrong with this your opinion. Necessity is the mother of invention. Every region in Nigeria has everything needed to survive and stand tall on its own. The northern divide and rule leadership system is the only thing that has retarded our mindsets to think we are incapable. Nations with even patch lands have proven that with hard work and people inclined leadership, any height is attainable.

Not even the US can stand on its own. Of all the regions in Nigeria, I think Yoruba land is the least capable of standing on its own at the moment and it will take many decades of concerted effort to achieve this status.

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by brainbox80: 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Let me give you landmarks of events when Yoruba spoke and Nigeria took notice.

1964 - weti e!
1983 - Omoboriowo Owoboriomo political shut down
1993 - OPC demands for exit
2020 - Amotekun

If you look at each event you see they are successfully separated by a decade or more....

Yoruba is a silent but smooth operator, we are laid back and accommodating....but when we stand upright and bark, our loudness is intimidating even to those who pretend to own lethal force.

Our reaction is a wave, not a drip! grin

And positive reaction is what we need now not some kind of threat that will be doused in the nearest future.

Nigeria is not working anymore and threat will not make it work. We need to frankly tell ourselves the truth and engage the monsters we have in the helm of affairs squarely. This is the time we have been waiting for. Posterity will judge us all if we fail this time.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

Meaning what?
Before oil were they not living?

Are you for real? Do you compare the population of Nigeria in the pre-oil era to today's population? And even then, the pre-oil economy was largely dependent on Northerm agriculture. Have you not heard of the groundnut pyramids of the early twentieth century. While the western region did have some cocoa and palm plantations, its economy was never that self sufficient.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by brainbox80: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Not even the US can stand on its own. Of all the regions in Nigeria, I think Yoruba land is the least capable of standing on its own at the moment and it will take many decades of concerted effort to achieve this status.

Everybody can stand on their own. It is a natural practice that you trade for what you want with what you have. Every region was existing independently before colonization, remember

1 Like

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
brainbox80:

Everybody can stand on their own. It is a natural practice that you trade for what you want with what you have. Every region was existing independently before colonization, remember

Yes. When the population was a tenth of what it is today. I know that it hurts any person's pride to think that his/her region cannot stand on its own, especially for a people as tribal in outlook as Nigerians are; but it is a fact. No region in Nigeria today can cope on its own; excluded from the others.
Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ykc2(m): 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I remember when northern trailer drivers went on a 3-day strike not so long ago. Yoruba land was reeling from shortage of meat, tomato, pepper and onions, while truck loads were rotting in the North. I can imagine what will happen if this proposal is put into place. The fact is, no region in Nigeria can successfully survive on its own. It will take at least 3 to 4 generations to set up each region to be fully self sufficient, even with the best of intention, accurate data and absolute efficiency.

They would also do well to remember that a high volume of the goods from trade and industry in Yoruba land is either consumed in, or transited via, the East or the North. This childish reaction of a tribal form of "I will not play with you again" everytime the soon hits the pot is getting irritating.
no country ve it all, Singapore one of the best country in the world import sand from neighbouring countries for buildings,am igbo person but if Nigeria divide today yoruba people dont ve anything to worry about air port is there ,wharf is there ,Atlantic ocean is there, they ve massive land, even what they dont ve they can easily get from Benin republic ,if am yoruba people I ve nothing to do with federation called Nigeria, if Nigeria divide and yoruba billionaires decides to go into cow business forget northerners will eat there cows alone

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Ojiofor: 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Are you for real? Do you compare the population of Nigeria in the pre-oil era to today's population? And even then, the pre-oil economy was largely dependent on Northerm agriculture. Have you not heard of the groundnut pyramids of the early twentieth century. While the western region did have some cocoa and palm plantations, its economy was never that self sufficient.

Talking about oil, they have oil in Lagos and Ondo states abi na cashew oil them discover there?
So if the world finally abandon crude oil like coal tomorrow Nigerians will perish in hunger abi?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Exit Nigeria If You Don’t Rise Above Ethnic Chauvinism- Yoruba Koya by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

Talking about oil, they have oil in Lagos and Ondo states abi na cashew oil them discover there?
So if the world finally abandon crude oil like coal tomorrow Nigerians will perish in hunger abi?

It is not only about oil. It's about agriculture, trade and infrastructure. Each region contributes to the whole. And the situation you paint is not feasible in the near future. Even if the world abandons crude oil, it will not be in one day. There will be sufficient time to prepare for the gradual diversification. A break up does not permit any opportunity for that preparation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani's Killed In Ebonyi / "I Am Partly Fulani" - Femi Fani-kayode / Asiwaju Tinubu, APC Chieftain & Abdullahi Adamu, APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.