Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney (2609 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! / Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by ovo4u(m): 1:46am On Dec 14, 2010
Will Americans take this money if Nigeria is on the other side of this page?
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by 9ijaMan: 1:49am On Dec 14, 2010
ovo4u:

If this happens to be a WAEC question every child will sure pass it!
Obviously not! The US will never even give us options. It'll simply be a simple directive. For instance if US actually has criminal charges against Atiku, they simply tell the puppets we have in government to hand him over. It's that simple!
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Dec 14, 2010
ladej:

u got me at hello grin. told u, peace . im all about peace.

I am peaceful as well . . . . I am just explaining that I don't think that way at all.

ovo4u:

Last year, america released to Nigeria the names of those who received the bribes on the Nigerian side. To date, the Nigerian government and EFCC has dragged it's feet on prosecuting those named.  On the american end though, there are former halliburton officials serving jail term for their involvement.
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by ladej(m): 1:52am On Dec 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am peaceful as well . . . . I am just explaining that I don't think that way at all.

Last year, america released to Nigeria the names of those who received the bribes on the Nigerian side. To date, the Nigerian government and EFCC has dragged it's feet on prosecuting those named.  On the american end though, there are former halliburton officials serving jail term for their involvement.
happy to hear that. we learn everyday
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by ovo4u(m): 2:01am On Dec 14, 2010
9ijaMan:

If this happens to be a WAEC question every child will sure pass it!
Obviously not! The US will never even give us options. It'll simply be a simple directive. For instance if US actually has criminal charges against Atiku, they simply tell the puppets we have in government to hand him over. It's that simple!

So this means Nigeria government are like football,USA can play them anywhere huh? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by mensdept: 4:18am On Dec 14, 2010
Did you guys think that your government had any real influence in the world/among world leaders?

I mean, Cheney, a fmr US VP?

Please
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by ovo4u(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2010
^^^^^^^ Yes we have influence in the world,because they say we are giant of Africa, lol
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Kobojunkie: 7:30am On Dec 14, 2010
Settling a court case out of Court is NOT a sign of corruption. Not certain why people think it is. It is part of a legal way to justice. After reading some of the responses on here, I get the feeling that some actually believe that settling a court case out of court is BRIBERY/CORRUPTION, especially on the side of the defendant. Wrong! If anything, it signals that the prosecution probably believes it does not have a winnable case and so is best to settle(at least walk away with something) than go through the full court process, only to help up with nothing.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/lawsuit1.htm
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by dapachez: 7:34am On Dec 14, 2010
@ bluetooth double gboza 4 u. Double standard is america's game,dick can do it and go free but atiku cant(where is the moral justification as this is a tale 2 corrupt veepees). Its indeed pathetic the way things go in 9ja and we want to fight corruption. Na wa for GEJ oh,i laff in american,that moni must have entered voicemail by now
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by dapachez: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2010
Am not a lawyer and i dont want to be but is settling out of court a punishment or admittance of guilt? Is it a penalty or just giving a soft landing? IF YES IS NOT THE ANSWER THEN IT IS BRIBE bribe BrIBe bRiBe
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Nsiman(m): 9:20am On Dec 14, 2010
I saw $20b, some say N20b, which is correct pls?
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nsiman:

I saw $20b, some say N20b, which is correct pls?
At the meeting, Halliburton agreed to pay about N20 billion as criminal penalty, while promising to liaise with the United States Government to recover the outstanding $I32 million which is currently frozen in Switzerland.
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2010
This was the best option, even the FG knows that if it had gone for cheney with our legal system he would just get a slap on the wrist and some chicken change fine---- and with the resources at halliburtons disposal that would have taken a lifetime, though annoying but this was the best option and at least they got more than what was even used to bribe in the first instance and a 3 year probation so not a bad deal.
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by houvest: 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
Some kind of PLea bargain. Not the first nor will it be the last
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
houvest:

Some kind of PLea bargain. Not the first nor will it be the last
plea bargain occur when the accused has accepted committing a crime.im sure you know that grin grin grin
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by strangerf: 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

plea bargain occur when the accused has accepted committing a crime.im sure you know that grin grin grin

With all due respect, this is not true!

Borrowing one of Kobo's cop out lines, "you may want to provide proof."
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
and people wonder how shell infiltrated the ministries cheesy cheesy cheesy

as long as we continue to stand for nothing but self gratification, we will continue to be remote controlled by people who see money for what is is - a means to an end, but not the end in itself
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by bestsales1: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2010
the aim of the money is to avoid any long issues with the usa, just collect the money and bring it on board, that's if we will ever use it for anything good here, afterall, our judicial system is not bold enough to jail him. so instead of losing on both sides, then i think we should take the money and then they will come after Atiku also for the pending numerous allegations against him, with the help of that shameless old baba, Atiku will be nailed and then Jonathan slips back to the seat, chikena!
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by future001: 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2010
These looters are only after Cheney because of the pay back. They probably have shared the money.

Didn't someone insist that Cheney must pay before doing any business in Nigeria. Who chop the money he paid. Are they not in Nigeria. Have they been charged. Is it not stupid to pursue far away American V.P when the looters are free in Nigeria. Where is our common sense
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by Harus(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
NNPC is Recruiting now.
Pls spread the news.
www.nnpcgroup.com/
Re: Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney by mrofficial(m): 1:42am On Dec 15, 2010
The moment our leaders see a white skin, they open their doors wide.
cry

5 Strongest Armies In Africa / Why I Picked Osinbajo As My Running Mate– Buhari / INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Training Allowance Payment Delay In Egbeda, Oyo (Pictures)