Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,876 members, 7,851,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice (4588 Views)

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Nigerian Inventor Scares Toyota / Meet Dr Ekekwe, The Nigerian Inventor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by lamontef: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2011
I've personally exchanged many emails with Mr. Nwankwo, asked him questions, showed him documented facts and he's not interested in hearing the truth.

The bottom line in this situation is that, as others have mentioned, Dr. Nelson filed a patent application with the United States Office of Patents and Trademarks in 2001 for a "Medicament for the Treatment of Diabetes". By Mr. Nwankwo's admission, he went to NIPRD in Feb. of 2007, almost six years after Dr. Nelson had filed for a patent, yet he claims that NIPRD stole his "discovery" and gave it to Dr. Nelson. The dates of the two activities speak for themselves,

I asked Mr. Nwankwo numerous times when the earliest he approached NIPRD with his "discovery" and he continued to avoid the question and ultimately began hiding behind religion telling me essentially that my actions would be answerable to a higher power.

As a point of reference, I was a non-paid volunteer at GDPAU (the organization that licensed the diabetes drug from Dr. Nelson) in 2009 and was present at the license signing ceremony, so I have more than a passing interest in this situation. I'm no longer with GDPAU, but I have been working to try to get NICOSAN back on the market for nearly two years now and spent 26 weeks in Nigeria over the last 18 months working on that project, often with NIPRD and the Ministry of Health. I personally know almost all the people that Mr. Nwankwo has accused of criminal activities and I won't sit back and let him throw out nonsense about these good people without any proof, which he has none. I've seen the documents he's forwarded on to the media and they are all self-written, yet Dr. Nelson can stand up with one very important document, is patent issued by the United States Government in 2003 for a Medicament for the Treatment of Diabetes.

As I've told Mr. Nwankwo, facts trump accusations. If you're going to accuse someone of something criminal, you need to have something to back up your claims. He has no basis for his claims. If anyone would like to see the documentation that Mr. Nwankwo has provided as well as what I've provided him, feel free to email me at lamontef 'at' yahoo.com.

LaMonte Forthun
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Obiagu1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ lamontef,

Didn't it occur to you that the man is a herbalist and might not be properly educated and enlightened enough, hence his predicaments?
Check the date of his M.O.U. and other related documents with NIPRD.

I think this is what the Senator that represents his constituency as well as his Governor should fight for.

After what happened to Robert Kearns, the man that discovered the intermittent windshield wiper, and GM, I do not doubt this man at all.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by lamontef: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
With all due respect sir, how can you take something to an organization in 2007 that was already patented in 2003 (filed for in 2001) and claim it as yours?

Educated on patent law or not, it's a six year difference and hardly similar to the intermittent wiper situation.

As I mentioned, I have all the relevant documents: Dr. Nelson's patent filed in 2001 and Nr. Nwankwo's press release stating that he went to NIPRD in February of 2007. NIPRD's MOU isn't relavant in proving who worked on the diabetes treatment first.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by Obiagu1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2011
lamontef:

With all due respect sir, how can you take something to an organization in 2007 that was already patented in 2003 (filed for in 2001) and claim it as yours?

Educated on patent law or not, it's a six year difference and hardly similar to the intermittent wiper situation.

As I mentioned, I have all the relevant documents: Dr. Nelson's patent filed in 2001 and Nr. Nwankwo's press release stating that he went to NIPRD in February of 2007. NIPRD's MOU isn't relavant in proving who worked on the diabetes treatment first.

If the earliest he went to NIPRD was in 2007 as you stated, then his own supposed diabetes cure discovery has not being looked into or patented yet, so he should follow his own discovery up and stop thinking that is what Dr. Nelson claims.

Since you're already in communication with him, maybe you should advise him to follow up on his own discovery, if it is genuine, because it might be different from Dr. Nelson's.
Re: Help A Nigerian Inventor From Injustice by lamontef: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
That's entirely possible, unfortunately considering the way he handled my single question (to tell me exactly when he went to NIPRD with his "discover"wink we were never able to have an intelligent discussion about his claims versus Dr. Nelson's as I was accused of being an accomplice to the grand conspiracy. I'm sure he'll read this at some point and will be able to determine that for himself though. Based on our last communication, I don't think he's not convinced that the dates matter and is convinced that he's a victim of Governmental corruption on a variety of levels. My reason for posting is to get the other side of the story out since on the surface his claims seem like they could be valid, but when you look at the facts you can see that there is no way that he took his work to NIPRD and had Dr. Nelson patent it as he (Dr. Nelson) already had a patent for his work with his patent application having been dated nearly six years prior.

Are the two bodies of work similar? I actually don't know because I haven't seen details of what Mr. Nwankwo took to NIPRD, all I know is that NIPRD didn't take his idea to Dr. Nelson and get it patented, which is what he's claiming,

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Were Hausas Like BEFORE The Arrival Of Islam? / Aregbesola In Germany For Agric Talks / Private Sector Takes Over Power Sector, As PHCN Ceases To Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.