Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77543 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2011
ritchboy:

^^ What happened when Bebe came on for Hargo against Wolves earlier this season? cheesy

Despite playing with the "A team", he produced the worst performance i've ever seen from a professional footballer grin grin grin

this performance is worse than eboue's performance some years ago when arsenal fans booed eboue off? grin grin grin grin

Mr_TA:

Looks like Arsenal in the next round of the FA Cup.

it's the end of the road for arsene wenger then. the carling cup final becomes important all of a sudden as pep guardiola and alex ferguson stand in wenger's way of progressing in europe and in the fa cup.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 6:38pm On Feb 20, 2011
Im more interested in the consecutive big games we have coming up.

Chelsea away, Liverpool away, CL, Arsenal home etc.

March is going to be great. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2011
Mr_TA:

Im more interested in the consecutive big games we have coming up.

Chelsea away, Liverpool away, CL, Arsenal home etc.

March is going to be great. cool

those games are bread n butter. i am more worried playing west ham away, wigan away than playing chelsea/liverpool away. in big games, fergie rarely toys with his starting eleven. against bottom sides, he might play himself as a central defender. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2011
Its what Im getting at in a roundabout way. Im looking forward to a more consistent team selection although I do understand the need for rotation.

I just dont think the squad depth is good enough considering we're still missing Valencia and Park for another month atleast.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 7:02pm On Feb 20, 2011
Mr_TA:

Its what Im getting at in a roundabout way. Im looking forward to a more consistent team selection although I do understand the need for rotation.

I just dont think the squad depth is good enough considering we're still missing Valencia and Park for another month atleast.

the squad depth is the best in england but fergie's computer analysis loves preserving the senior squad players unnecessarily. did you see city's team today against notts county?dzeko, tevez, silva, etc despite playing europa league on thursday? if fergie was playing the same notts county, you would see fergie resting the entire senior squad and picking players who don't have any iota of team chemistry and he expects them to do a job and it's wrong. we really miss the tactical expertise of carlos queiroz. fergie himself confessed he benefited a lot from the expertise of quieroz. we should get him back at all cost.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2011
I'd love to have CQ back, its the least he could do after the money laundering scam aka Bebe signing. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2011
Mr_TA:

I'd love to have CQ back, its the least he could do after the money laundering scam aka Bebe signing. grin

bebe will do great things next season. i have no doubt in my mind. i know a special player when i see one and the boy has something special. the fact that he was playing in a 3rd league division in portugal is the reason for his crude skills. all that will be refined in no time. there's work to be done but there's talent in there.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2011
*Cougar*:

bebe will do great things next season. i have no doubt in my mind. i know a special player when i see one and the boy has something special. the fact that he was playing in a 3rd league division in portugal is the reason for his crude skills. all that will be refined in no time. there's work to be done but there's talent in there.
where did you see that special thing in him

abi na u be the scout wey tell SAF about Bebe grin grin grin]

d boi plays like a mechanic
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by yemmight(m): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
tkb417:

d boi plays like a mechanic grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2011
*Cougar*:

tkb417:

d boi plays like a mechanic

LMAO! Cougar, I have to agree with tkb on this one. . .The lad is just too raw of a material for my liking; when he gets the ball around the corner flag, he doesn't even care to look up who's running in to receive the intended (albeit poor) cross, all he does is boot the ball as far as his legs will carry it. I stumbled on some video clips of our reserves team games/the ongoing FAYC, and I'm sure as hell convinced that some, if not most, of our youth/reserve players - like F. Macheda, D. Welbeck Mike Ekirem, Danny Drinkwater, De Laet, Cleverly, Diouf, J. King, Morrison, P. Pogba, Norwood, et al, are all better than Bebe in his natural position. Just watch a couple of highlights.

I believe SAF will allow the lad a tad bit of time to settle in and not send him too quick on loan else the 7 million pound move will be tagged a flop. Let's just hope the lad turns out good - maybe the next Nani
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2011
Dropping like flies now. Seems Anderson has a serious knee injury. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ifedisky(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2011
Mr_TA:

Dropping like flies now. Seems Anderson has a serious knee injury. sad
heard two months. Still good the big hitters are are all relatively injury free. We still await some 'good' news.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ifedisky:

heard two months. Still good the big hitters are are all relatively injury free. We still await some 'good' news.

Valencia has started some non contact training with the reserves. End of March the optimistic ETA for him to play with the first team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 8:12pm On Feb 22, 2011
Didier Deschamps on SAF -

"You cannot say everything has been perfect for United this season and yet they find themselves top of the Premier League," he said. "The mark of a good side is to find a way to win when you are not at your best and United have done this all season. I put this down to the mentality of the club and especially the manager, who for me is the greatest coach in football.

"Alex Ferguson is the prototype of a winner and this is the manager I will try to emulate in my coaching career, even though I know this ambition is impossible as no manager will ever again remain at the top of a major club for so long. "You don't pile up the trophies Ferguson has by accident. He has been leading Manchester United for over a quarter of a century and yet his hunger never fades. He has made United in his image. They are never satisfied and will always looking forward to the next challenge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preach it for the haters Deschamps. . , as Capello also did cool. Now Deschamps, only if you could tell your boys to score those biuriful own goals for us. . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2011
@mojounited

Own goals would be nice indeed grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 10:41am On Feb 23, 2011
dont mind own goals too cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^^^
When Rooney, Chicharito and Berba are not crippled!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
ARSENE WENGER: HOW MARSEILLE CAN BEAT UNITED

The last 16 Champions League tie between Marseille and Manchester United could be compared to our match against Barcelona - they were the favourites, just as United will be for this game.

Nevertheless, Marseille and their wonderful fans can compete with United, and achieve a good result at home.

When you look at the statistics, it is easy to notice that Manchester United have won very few matches away from home.

From 12 away games in the Premier League, they have drawn eight and won only three. But they have a strong defensive base built around Nemanja Vidic and Edwin van der Sar, two fantastic players who guarantee the stability of the team during the game.

Last year, I would have added Rio Ferdinand to that duo, but he seems to be suffering from a lack of consistency this season.

United offer attacking power, too, with highly-skilled players like Nani and Wayne Rooney, who have impressive speed. I cannot forget Dimitar Berbatov either, who is an amazing striker but I'm not sure he will start against Marseille.

If Marseille want to get a result, they have to dictate play in the midfield.

This sector can be considered the 'heart of the game', and United are able to ruin your tactics and annihilate your performance.

Marseille have to ensure that Lucho Gonzalez can express his talent on the field.

When on song, Marseille can put United in jeopardy, but can they raise their game for this match. It is an interesting question and probably the key to the game.

If they cannot play with the required intensity, United will go through to the quarter-finals.

if wenger knows how to beat united? why hasn't he done that in the past 6 games against united?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
*Cougar*:

if wenger knows how to beat united? why hasn't he done that in the past 6 games against united?
Like he has not beaten Manure before?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2011
HNIC:

Like he has not beaten Manure before?

yes, wenger has won every game against man utd in the last 3 years including the league fixture this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ifedisky(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
That a tackle is a trite way of preventing a goal does not mean it alwayz works. Figure! shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Wenger should save the tactics till we meet again

since he has better personnel compared to Marseille, he shd be able to show the world how to beat United whenever we meet

ode
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ifedisky:

That a tackle is a trite way of preventing a goal does not mean it alwayz works. Figure! shocked
yeah! so tell us why a defender who hasn't wont a 50:50 tackle in about 5 attempts should advise another hapless defender on how to win tackles?

isn't it an attempt at being stupid?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
*Cougar*:

if wenger knows how to beat united in the last three years? why hasn't he done that in the past 6 games against united?
*Cougar*:

yes, wenger has won every game against man utd in the last 3 years including the league fixture this season.
Your earlier post should have read 'in the last three years'.
I have added it for you . . . if you don't mind!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
United Line up:
Van der Sar, O'Shea, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Gibson, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney.
Subs: Kuszczak, Brown, Hernandez, Scholes, Fabio Da Silva, Rafael Da Silva, Obertan.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
we gat this. grin let's finish the tie in france
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2011
^vinisky, Not so sure mate after seeing that line up - I know SAF is trying to bring in scholes and, probably, Hernandez as super subs should things go wrong but the pattern of the gaffer always trying to play Gibson as a RMF is sickening; the lad is useless in that position, and should Fletcher move to that position, that will likely weaken our midfield. . . sad

Fingers crossed!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by HNIC(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
A tweet from a manure hater(no be me ooh)
grin
Marseille have got Fanni at right back. Which is a coincidence, as Man Utd used to have a c*nt there until he retired a couple of weeks ago grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2011
mojounited:

^vinisky, Not so sure mate after seeing that line up - I know SAF is trying to bring in scholes and, probably, Hernandez as super subs should things go wrong but the pattern of the gaffer always trying to play Gibson as a RMF is sickening; the lad is useless in that position, and should Fletcher move to that position, that will likely weaken our midfield. . . sad

Fingers crossed!

you were right. our game was disappointing to be honest. i would've loved it if we could steal a win like the last time when we played lille and a draw against lyon.2nd leg would be crazy but we'll pull thru. One United
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by presido1: 11:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
Rooney should go and rest till next season. Dude was crap tonite.
This guys are making things difficult for themselves.
Hope they will play well come second leg.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by eyoniggar(m): 12:21am On Feb 24, 2011
Marseille could come out blazing in the return leg. You guys should be very afraid.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 7:57am On Feb 24, 2011
You see a dullard (Gibson) partnering a mumu (Carrick), what do you expect our midfield to do? We need a DM with flair and a creative MD in summer. 2 marquee players and not Bebe and Obertan dem dem

2nd leg is a walkover. Expect the best 11 to file out. 3-0!

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.