Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77515 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2011
*Cougar*:

i got so angry i called mutv to rain expletives on sir alex! what was he thinking? fletcher has been absent in all the times we have lost to liverpool in the past 6 seasons and we have won in all the games he has featured. it's no brainer - fergie's selection killed the team. we had 2 centre-backs who haven't formed any understanding with each other and we did not protect them at all.

You know, when these things happen, there is this strange feeling of thought that just hits me!
It's as if this whole football set up has been pre-arranged by a few persons and then they decide what you win and when you win what match. It's like saying, ok, Man U, it's your turn to win the EPL this season but you will lose to Liverfool and Chelsea away and then Chelsea, wait for next season but Arsenal will beat you etc.

I just couldn't understand such a decision with a coach with over 26 years experience!!
Its atrocious!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2011
Emperoh:

You know, when these things happen, there is this strange feeling of thought that just hits me!
It's as if this whole football set up has been pre-arranged by a few persons and then they decide what you win and when you win what match. It's like saying, ok, Man U, it's your turn to win the EPL this season but you will lose to Liverfool and Chelsea away and then Chelsea, wait for next season but Arsenal will beat you etc.

I just couldn't understand such a decision with a coach with over 26 years experience!!
Its atrocious!!!

26 yrs or more than 35 yrs coaching experience. we should tear the contracts of giggs/scholes. those guys should leave so we know who's left in the team and then rebuild from there. they are united's biggest problems and until we get rid, there won't be any addition to that area of the pitch. we got anderson and nani because carlos queiroz was here and his intention was to replace scholes/giggs. four years later, scholes and giggs are still here with another 1-year contracts to boot! the mind boggles. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2011
SAF is behaving like scholes. He's beginning to think like my grandma. How can someone put scholes and Giggs in a 4-4-2. Nonsense

Those rubbish contracts they are signing, we'll see the end of it soon. Maybe they are packaging them for sale cos we are the only team keeping players like that. Ballack, Deco, Veira are all gone from our rivals. What are we doing with those old men? Even our youngsters dey fck up. I don tire abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2011
You see, it is only in United that the laws of diminishing return is always turned on its head.
The fact that we are churning out results may just be what is giving this man the mind to keep these veterans
This team peaked in 2008 with the UCL title. The diminishing started in 2009 even-though we were good enough to get to the UCL finals and then won the double.

The moment Ronaldo left, the refurbishing and rebuilding shoulda started. But we suddenly turned to Arsenal and started buying youngsters; even untested ones. Where are they today? Mostly on loan.
I can count a handful who are doing just ok. 35yrs and a coach has refused to realize he needs an world class attacking midfielder. I am also looking to see how he handles the exit of VDS given the wahala we went thru before we got him.

I really can't say much but it will be a best-seller on how to destroy a house you built.
A good leader quits when the ovation is loudest!!! We are watching!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2011
to be fair, the injuries might have been responsible for the odd team selection lately. you don't lose valencia, js park, vidic, rio, anderson and hargreaves without feeling the pinch but then fergie should have done better in anfield. giggs/scholes should not be starting any game for us away from home. at best, one of them should be coming on the pitch for the other.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2011
Aside Brown, this was practically the squad that played Chelsea
and even though we lost, we looked better and were not really ran over.
I had expected him to improve on the trip to Anfield. The worst we coulda asked for was a point.

Injuries yes, but that will hold more water if he played the sensible formation and still got ran over.
The centre back pairing being new, needed adequate protection.
Who will do it? A Scholes with speed liability or a Carrick whose brain processes at the speed of a Pentium 1.
I wasn't pained as much on seeing the formation and those playing. Me na siddon dey look until the rebuilding starts.

BTW, can we just make money off Rooney and let dude go?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2011
Strong rumours suggest Antonio Valencia will be in the squad for the Arsenal match on Sunday.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2011
Mr_TA:

Strong rumours suggest Antonio Valencia will be in the squad for the Arsenal match on Sunday.

he travelled with the team to anfield i think but he was chalked off the team list just before the kick-off. we need pace on the flanks and i think fergie should just play the twins on the flanks. rafael and fabio will do a better job than giggs or fletcher on the flanks. play o'shea and evra as full backs, rafael as a right winger and fabio as a left winger.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2011
*Cougar*:

he travelled with the team to anfield i think but he was chalked off the team list just before the kick-off. we need pace on the flanks and i think fergie should just play the twins on the flanks. rafael and fabio will do a better job than giggs or fletcher on the flanks. play o'shea and evra as full backs, rafael as a right winger and fabio as a left winger.

I have to say I agree but SAF will never see it like that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2011
*Cougar*:

i got so angry i called mutv to rain expletives on sir alex! what was he thinking? fletcher has been absent in all the times we have lost to liverpool in the past 6 seasons and we have won in all the games he has featured. it's no brainer - fergie's selection killed the team. we had 2 centre-backs who haven't formed any understanding with each other and we did not protect them at all.

This is where we miss Carlos Quieroz . . . he would have had an impact in that situation by clearly identifying that to Fergie.
The man is so detailed in everything.

This Mike Phelan dud is no better than Emenalo at Chelsea.
Seems like the man just says 'yes boss' to everything Fergie brings to the table. No BALLS to challenge him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
*Cougar*:

Looks tantalizing on paper but i really doubt its practicability.
These two twins still need some growing up to do in their primary positions.
Playing them out of position will be a little too much for them to cope with. Remember how injury prone they are. Could just be a last resort of Av doesn't make it back in time for the Arsenal game
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 1:08am On Mar 10, 2011
Emperoh:

Looks tantalizing on paper but i really doubt its practicability.
These two twins still need some growing up to do in their primary positions.
Playing them out of position will be a little too much for them to cope with. Remember how injury prone they are. Could just be a last resort of Av doesn't make it back in time for the Arsenal game

their primary position is even more delicate as they are closer to the goal and any mistake might lead to a goal/penalty. but in the midfield, they are further away from the defence and their energy to run back and forth will be immense. i really hope fergie will try them there on saturday against arsenal if js park/valencia don't make the starting line-up. evra and fabio on the left flank will destroy teams. if gareth bale can carve a niche for himself starting as a full-back before graduating to a winger then i am confident the twins can do the same. they are pacy and they can cross the ball.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:15am On Mar 10, 2011
I'm definitely sure Rafael wouldn't look out of place on the right wing though.
He has a football brain.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 1:18am On Mar 10, 2011
chamotex:

I'm definitely sure Rafael wouldn't look out of place on the right wing though.
He has a football brain.

and fabio is an accomplished winger. that's what he plays for the reserve team and i think he once scored a hatrick from that position. we need carlos queiroz back. mike phelan adds nothing tactically to this team. he just sits down with his ogufe head licking fergie's behind.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:23am On Mar 10, 2011
*Cougar*:

and fabio is an accomplished winger. that's what he plays for the reserve team and i think he once scored a hatrick from that position. we need carlos queiroz back. mike phelan adds nothing tactically to this team. he just sits down with his ogufe head licking fergie's behind.

I saw him play as a supporting striker one time behind Joshua King I think.

Mike Phelan is a dud . . . He is worse than Emenalo . . . Rene is even better.
Phelan just sits on the bench and wear shorts in winter like a fool.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:35am On Mar 10, 2011
heehehehe, ogunfe

but really, most asst coaches/managers are useless. but still, better be careful o, abi u want pat rice instead? if phelan na ogunfe, wetin pat rice come be? isi ewu?
you cannot be more useless than pat rice, period.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2011
4llerbuntu:

heehehehe, ogunfe

but really, most asst coaches/managers are useless. but still, better be careful o, abi u want pat rice instead? if phelan na ogunfe, wetin pat rice come be? isi ewu?
you cannot be more useless than pat rice, period.

I dont think so, Pat Rice certainly comes across as someone who adds something to the cosmopolitan nature of the Arsenal side. While Its pretty obvious Phelan is just a "yes gaffer" assistant who thinks he still plays for SAF.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2011
Fabio is now an 'accomplished' winger because he played there for the reserves? cheesy

It is rather optimistic at best, or unrealistic at worst to compare Rafael and co to Bale.

More talented players like Komrade Eboue grin have failed to make the transition.

Of all your defenders, Evra is the only one that should be considered for temporary winger duty. He can protect Fabio as well as provide a potent attacking threat.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
debosky:

Fabio is now an 'accomplished' winger because he played there for the reserves? cheesy

It is rather optimistic at best, or unrealistic at worst to compare Rafael and co to Bale.

More talented players like Komrade Eboue grin have failed to make the transition.

Of all your defenders, Evra is the only one that should be considered for temporary winger duty. He can protect Fabio as well as provide a potent attacking threat.

fabio can play as a winger. that was where he operated for brazil's national under 17 team before he came to old trafford. he has got pace and he can cross, just like his twin brother. evra is superb going forward but his final ball is hit-n-miss at best.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2011
I wonder what that Phelan dude does,

Useless
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 9:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^^
He licks Fergie's arse. . .can't you get it?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by lalaboi(m): 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
Someone has got to do the BBC press talks if Fergie never wants to na grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
JS Park will miss tomorrow's game. . . . .the scourge of Arsenal will be absent. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2011
Guys, any guesses of what our line up wud look like 2mrw? Fergie needs to play a very young team against arsenal with only giggs as d elder stateman. I woulda loved to have seen Vds, evra, vida, smalling, raphael, fletcher, carrick, gibson, rooney, giggs, and chixto. The right flank might b a challenge, can obertan, bebe or fabio step up?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2011
To be brutally honest I don't really care too much about d result of today's game, d performance is important but not d result. Our squad is not strong enough to maintain multiple trophy challenges and of all d trophies we can possibly win, for me personally d EPL is d most significant (take d lead on overall titles). Not that I don't think we need to win, but I think d longer we are involved in chasing on multiple fronts, d more likely we will fail to win d EPL.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
Rumoured lineup.

VDS, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Brown, O'Shea, Gibson, Rooney, Hernandez.

Not happy with that team at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2011
SAF has written off the Cup, I would agree with that normally but we're playing Arsenal at home and we need to get some momentum back.Im not happy at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2011
Well done Utd. . . . very good victory with a clear cutting edge and a superb performance by VDS.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2011
debosky:

Well done Utd. . . . very good victory with a clear cutting edge and a superb performance by VDS.

absentees

rio
anderson
carrick
fletcher
nani
berbatov

arsenal are really a useless team. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2011
I guess that's why Im not Man utd manager. cool

Smalling and VDS were immense. and the twins did very well. Rooney also looking very good a again.

We're screwed when VDS retires we really are.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
VDS' quality was the biggest difference today.

Against almost any other keeper and Arsenal would've scored at least 2 goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tubabie(f): 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
Very nice performance by the Man Utd team. Great match!
Vidic was vicious as usual infact the whole team gave their best most of the time throughout the match!

This is for Van Der Sar, he was phenomenal!!

"Stand up if you have a green Van,
Stand up if you have a green Van,
His name is Van Der Sar,
He has over 100 caps,
He can run 100 laps,
His name is Edwin Van Der Sar, "

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.