Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77697 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 5:32pm On May 11, 2011
same line up as against chelsea,only difference is that EVra will replace O'Shea.
Fletcher has more chance of coming off the bench than Anderson.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 5:33pm On May 11, 2011
mbulela:

^^^^
Anderson??
are you kidding me?

anderson is exactly what we need. the only player bar giggs who can run with the ball. he's got more energy than giggs too and if his last showing against schalke is anything to go by, he will be perfect against barcelona to shackle iniesta.

mbulela:

Our best bet is to play our game while keeping it tight.
any strange tactic will backfire because it will breed inferiority complex.

are we superior to barcelona? you better be honest with your assessment. what you are seeing in barcelona is several years of training in the academy by highly technical players. you cannot coach players who haven't played together for long to play with such precision and panache. in that regard, no team is similar to barcelona. the united team of 99 will give them a run for their money and that's about that. barcelona are superior to the present united team by far but they can be beaten.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:11pm On May 11, 2011
Busquets is extremely important to the way Barcelona play. I always intentionally watch their midfield when Barca play and without him keeping the play ticking over, the midfield isnt as fluid or dynamic. He wont play the incisive passes as he doesnt need to but both Xavi and Iniesta in particular need him to keep the dynamics of their midfield. as well as winning the ball back of course but that is a small part of his game. I think if we can stop the link between Busquets and Xavi/Iniesta we have a chance to stop them being creative.

Im not convinced we have the personnel to beat them but I only say, in a one off game, anything can happen.

I dont think Anderson can start this match and Im unsure about Giggs/Fletcher. Carrick is the only 100% certainly which shows the weakness we have in midfield. I really think Park will start though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 8:41pm On May 11, 2011
We can't try to play d same setup and players we did against Schalke and Chelsea with Barca. They could embarrass us and I don't mean like d rome 09 final, I mean 5-0 Real Madrid thrashing type embarrassment. At d same time we have to learn our lesson from Rome 09. We can't simply obsess about containing them and rely only on counter attacking, we have to have a plan B if we concede first, we need to have strong attacking outlets when we do have possession and we have to at least try to limit d amount of possession they achieve by keeping d ball well ourselves.

Whichever way one looks at it, we have to play 3 in central midfield. Who those will be and how they will be setup is debatable. Next is d who will lead d line and who are those who will provide support so we don't just surrender possession when we get d ball and also so we carry a constructive attacking threat rather than simply lumping d ball forward.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2011
As someone who has beaten barca, lemme give u guys a hand. wink
The defence must play their hearts OUT. Vidic and co shouldn't choose that day for mistakes. JS Park is a MUST start cos he fights hard, and forces you to pass when he runs at u. Be even more clinical than you have been. If there is anything I respect about Manure ,its that your team is †нє most clinical. Start your best hunters (hernandez plus rooney). If you can go a goal up early,fine,don't be scared by the ability of the barca midfield. They will outpossess u,its their own strength ,just outscore them by letting rooney And chika play as long as they can and bring the trophy home.

ARSENAL!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:08pm On May 11, 2011
montelik:

We can't try to play d same setup and players we did against Schalke and Chelsea with Barca. They could embarrass us and I don't mean like d rome 09 final, I mean 5-0 Real Madrid thrashing type embarrassment. At d same time we have to learn our lesson from Rome 09. We can't simply obsess about containing them and rely only on counter attacking, we have to have a plan B if we concede first, we need to have strong attacking outlets when we do have possession and we have to at least try to limit d amount of possession they achieve by keeping d ball well ourselves.

Whichever way one looks at it, we have to play 3 in central midfield. Who those will be and how they will be setup is debatable. Next is d who will lead d line and who are those who will provide support so we don't just surrender possession when we get d ball and also so we carry a constructive attacking threat rather than simply lumping d ball forward.

You cant say on one hand we cant obsess about containing them and then advocate such a change formation in the way we have been playing lately which is doing exactly that, obsess about containing them. Baba might play Rooney upfront on his own but we all know that is not his favoured position. Once we do that we miss the direct running of Hernandez which stretches teams and allows Rooney to be so distructive in the hole between midfield and attack. Without a doubt we will probably have 3 in the middle but the third midfielder will be Rooney or Park when necessary, allowing Hernandez to keep the Barca defence on their toes by playing off the shoulder of the last defender. I would be really surprised, injury permitting if its not the team that faced Chelsea (save for Evra and possibly Fletcher)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by duduspace(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2011
@tkb417

You were right, experience and know how won over in the end but next season still dey o. The legs are getting even more tired (VDS retiring, Giggs, Scholes and Rio one year older) and I still don't see top notch quality coming in though I'll make an exception for Hernandez, I hope he experiences a 2nd season syndrome next season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2011
Hernandez will only get better. He is Natural. Think Ole Gunner Solskjear
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On May 11, 2011
duduspace:

@tkb417

You were right, experience and know how won over in the end but next season still dey o. The legs are getting even more tired (VDS retiring, Giggs, Scholes and Rio one year older) and I still don't see top notch quality coming in though I'll make an exception for Hernandez, I hope he experiences a 2nd season syndrome next season.

The same rubbish you spewed at the begining of the season?

GAYYners always win next season only that next season never comes
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 12:19am On May 12, 2011
duduspace:

@tkb417

giggs = js park
scholes = anderson
rio = smalling
vds = de gea, neuer, stekelenberg.

united are sorted. top notch quality is not coming through but rafael/fabio/evans/anderson/nani/gibson/smalling/hernandez have more glory than any arsenal player in the last six seasons.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 7:31am On May 12, 2011
duduspace:

@tkb417

coming from an Arsenal fan, dude you sure do have guts to spew such.

coogar:

giggs = js park
scholes = anderson

rio = smalling
vds = de gea, neuer, stekelenberg.

united are sorted. top notch quality is not coming through but rafael/fabio/evans/anderson/nani/gibson/smalling/hernandez have more glory than any arsenal player in the last six seasons.
I am a united fan but i refuse to accept that united are sorted.
how comfortable do you feel typing the bold part?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 8:06am On May 12, 2011
duduspace:

@tkb417

This mug never ceases to amaze me.
You haven't finished explaining your goof for this season,you are going on with this your opaks.
Last season,Giggs,Scholes and Rio were a year older,according to you,and we could not sustain this model.After your perfect team came up short again this season,you're here again.
Always yapping over your head. . .we have heard. . . .go over to your thread and engage those simpletons you keep lying to. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 8:47am On May 12, 2011
duduspace:

@tkb417

TALK IS REALLY FREE CHEAP!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:39am On May 12, 2011
Naturally, we have to buy to replace the players retiring but someone like Anderson has shown has something to work with. He could be really good if he gets a proper injury free run in the side. Im pretty happy with Smalling,Hernandez and the twins for the full back positions. I think its only really VDS and Scholes we need to worry about replacing at the moment, Baba has always liked continuity so I don't expect wholesale changes, after all this team has just got to the CL final and about to win a premier league title. A maximum of 3 new faces would be expected in the summer. Keeper, Midfielder and maybe another winger or creative attacker. My own personal preference would include a Berbatov replacement wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 9:58am On May 12, 2011
mbulela:

coming from an Arsenal fan, dude you sure do have guts to spew such.
I am a united fan but i refuse to accept that united are sorted.
how comfortable do you feel typing the bold part?

we are extremely sorted. all we need is a world class goalie. young players need to be given a chance to perform. classic example - nani!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 12, 2011
coded guy:

TALK IS REALLY FREE CHEAP!!!
In mumuspace's world,talk should be on pre-paid bundle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:44am On May 13, 2011
We getting heavily linked with many new players as usual. One person in particular I would love us to sign is the guy we're being linked with today, Roma's Daniele De Rossi. I would be beside myself with joy if we signed him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 12:24pm On May 13, 2011
These F.A people wan kill baba. shocked

The Football Association has charged Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson with improper conduct.

On the FA's website, a press release states the charge relates to media comments made about match official Howard Webb on 6 May 2011. That was the day of the manager's pre-match press conference at Carrington, ahead of United's clash with Chelsea on Sunday 8 May.

Sir Alex has until 16:00 BST on Monday 16 May to respond to the charge

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/May/FA-charge-Sir-Alex.aspx
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2011
montelik:

These F.A people wan kill baba. shocked

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/May/FA-charge-Sir-Alex.aspx

tHey have to be seen working grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2011
Kus, Fabio, Vidic, Rio, Evans, Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Chicharito

Apparently,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 12:18pm On May 14, 2011
Mr_TA:

Apparently,

bench
Amos, Evra, Smalling, Scholes, Anderson, Owen and Berbatov.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2011
Kus wan kill us ooooo! angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 2:41pm On May 14, 2011
Champions cheesy cool

Fantastic achievement by Sir Alex to win yet another Premier league title. Amazing.

Well done Ryan Giggs - 12 league titles shocked cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 2:42pm On May 14, 2011
campeones, campones ole ole ole !!!! congrats the thread should manchester united champions of england soon to be chamions of europe grin. congrats
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 2:51pm On May 14, 2011
Mr_TA:

Champions cheesy cool

Fantastic achievement by Sir Alex to win yet another Premier league title. Amazing.

Well done Ryan Giggs - 12 league titles shocked cool

useless team - always doing things the hard way.

this is the most tasteless league title we have won.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2011
If only we could clone VDS. Kuskus is certainly not up to d job.

Typical Man United, never do things d easy way. They just had to make d game needlessly nervous.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 2:55pm On May 14, 2011
montelik:

If only we could clone VDS. Kuskus is certainly not up to d job.

Typical Man United, never do things d easy way. They just had to make d game needlessly nervous.

kitkat is obviously rusty. when was the last time he started a game?

i was so pissed with the last 5 mins. players knocking the ball back n forth. it's like watching a paint dry. why should the game allow such nonsense? barcelona did exactly the same thing against levante in the midweek.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2011
But after that display I can't believe some people think it would be a good idea to play Carrick and Giggs in d centre against Barca in a 4-4-2.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 3:02pm On May 14, 2011
montelik:

But after that display I can't believe some people think it would be a good idea to play Carrick and Giggs in d centre against Barca in a 4-4-2.

exactly what we were saying in the previous page. barca will eat us raw with carrick + giggs(2-man midfield).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 3:08pm On May 14, 2011
Let me quickly edit the thread title.

Congrats to my fellow Mancs . . . we did it again, even after people like Mumuface wrote us off amd predicted our downfall.
It's a shame he came back to yarn the same thing again. smh
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 3:13pm On May 14, 2011
chamotex:

Let me quickly edit the thread title.

Congrats to my fellow Mancs . . . we did it again, even after people like[b] Mumuface[/b] wrote us off amd predicted our downfall.
It's a shame he came back to yarn the same thing again. smh
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

hilarious!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2011
We have no choice. We absolutely have to field 3 in d middle against Barca, if we don't want to get murdered. D question is who and how will we play d front 3 and who we will be middle 3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.